PDA

View Full Version : Baloq's card concepts

V0lratt
10-27-2014, 07:16 PM
This guy named Baloq posted his creations on reddit. Most of the cards would be pretty OP, but the concepts are really good! With a little balancing, most of them could be implemented imho.

http://alternativedocardsbybaloq.imgur.com/

Baloq4400
10-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes, It is my work. I wrote the same topic in Polish community section (I'm from Poland).
If you want ask me for something about my cards or just comment my alternative cards, please send it on reddit (http://redd.it/2kew15) or if you don't have an account, leave post here. I'll read all of them ;)

Enjoy!

piotrparler
10-29-2014, 02:13 AM
Very impressive. Propz to you. I would like to play with these cards.

ForPortal
10-29-2014, 12:31 PM
I think Deepsea Jellyfish is flawed as-is. It's only got 2 health so it seems like it would be used more as a 0-cost tutor for spells like Focused Mind and Cold Fear than to enchant a 2 health creature. If it was a bit more expensive and a bit tougher it wouldn't be quite so good a tutor, and it would be more worth attaching enchantments to it.

Baloq4400
10-29-2014, 11:38 PM
I made Deepsea Jellyfish to boost Shalassa's Blade.
For example, you can search your library for Ice Spear, enchant it on Jellyfish and at the end of your turn you have Ice Spear in hand :)

banduan
11-06-2014, 12:32 PM
It is obvious these were done with great care and passion. My +1 to you, sir.

Cainium
11-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Like it.

The only problem which must be solved is the where the factions main cards would be put in. VR and FW was not so funny with 80% Sanct/Academy cards in packs....

The other problem is that the developers should realize that new faction are fun and entertaining, and that they are worth the balancing work. It can't get worse than the current balancing. OP factions aren't a big problem (see Winferno, still very strong) neither are too weak faction (Haven, Necro). So even if they would fail at balancing a new faction, some would notice, but the majority would just play whats OP right now.

Mu3d0K
11-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Big compliments to Baloq for this great set of cards, sure they need some little rebalancing but i would love to see those cards in the next expansion.
Ubi should hire you !! :cool:

Well done !

zuom000
11-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Like it.

The only problem which must be solved is the where the factions main cards would be put in. VR and FW was not so funny with 80% Sanct/Academy cards in packs....

The other problem is that the developers should realize that new faction are fun and entertaining, and that they are worth the balancing work. It can't get worse than the current balancing. OP factions aren't a big problem (see Winferno, still very strong) neither are too weak faction (Haven, Necro). So even if they would fail at balancing a new faction, some would notice, but the majority would just play whats OP right now.

First of all they need to come with better concept of haven/necro. Sanctuary is weak now, but at least it has cohesive design. Haven have got too many anti-synergies and necro is plain boring.