PDA

View Full Version : New PC Patch - Oct. 27 2014

Nik_CtOS
10-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Hello hackers,

Watch_Dogs just released a PC patch that includes the following fixes and improvements:

• Better performance on more recent models of cards.
- 770 onwards will see better improvements.
• Moved all resource creation to an exclusive worker thread.
• Changed technique used for updating texture mipmaps in Ultra textures mode.

Also, Nvidia users, don’t forget to download their most recent driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78873/en-us

Happy hacking_

Johny-Al-Knox
10-27-2014, 06:25 PM
It broke SLI , got 2x 970's. Screen got black lines shimmering

Single gpu performance seems better i guess

TheEngiGuy
10-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Oh hey, that was unexpected!
My experience with this patch was good. Not perfect, but better. There's still a bit of stuttering but it's finally playable for me at High texture settings. I'm sure you could do more, but thank you for this patch nonetheless.

LSMetag
10-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I just want to tell you "Thank you !"

I had confidence even if began to worry. Seems you worked a lot for this patch. I'll try it in 2 days. Looking forward ! My stuttering is already minimal in ultra, so...

The experience acquirement was surely hard (insults, flamming,...) but I think if you manage to make the game "normally" playable for most PC players, the bad experience will not be a waste (for a Watch Dogs 2 for example + forgiving) !

We'll see too next year what Rockstar acquired from GTA IV PC ^^

P.S : Thank you for not having altered patch.dat and patch.fat ^^. And please, if you are pressured by consoles companies, PC players don't mind waiting, even 6 months if necessary, to have a game that exploits correctly their platform. Let's be clear and clean from now.

Nik_CtOS
10-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Happy it's working better for you guys!

Jagerbomber9000
10-27-2014, 10:01 PM
How about surround sound?...

fashric
10-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Running 780 sli and I've lost 10fps with this patch. Before I was running high textures, high lod, high shadows and no AA @3840x2160 with fps locked at 45 no drops now with the same settings I barely get above 35 and its even worse when driving.

fashric
10-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Did some more testing and this patch has definitely made performance much, much worse for me. Getting big fps drops all over the place where before there where none. I had it all set up so I was getting a great smooth experience with the game and now its unplayable at exactly the same settings. I have been using a texture mod and thought maybe this caused an issue but I get exactly the same poor performance without the mod. Another issue I've found is changing the resolution in game does not work unless I change the resolution then minimise the game and then go back to fullscreen mode this is the only way I can force a resolution change. So if I'm running at 3840x2160 and change it to 2560x1440 the menu will show 2560x1440 but the game will still render at 3840x2160 until I do the minimise/maximise trick. So how can I revert back to the last patch so I can continue Bad Blood which I have only just started?

Kaankaant
10-28-2014, 11:38 AM
If people leave an in-race session it still doesn't grant the winner the points it would have if the player/s had finished as stated in the patch notes.

Yet if Watch_Dogs crashes (which happens) and I disconnect from an in-race session when I log back in I've still lost the points I would have lost had I have finished the race is last place.

Pull your collective heads out Ubisoft!!

Masterbandit
10-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say that this udate totally alleviated most of my performance issues with this game on a single GTX 980. I still have minor stutters, but this is definitely better than it used to be, to a point where I don't think about them too much when playing. This is with Ultra preset quality.

abusivelemur
10-28-2014, 04:05 PM
wanted to reiterate that SLI performance seems to have worsened using gtx 780 SLI and a 2500k @4.5. Not sure the cause and this is just my preliminary impressions.

fashric
10-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Exactly the same setup as me too. Here is a video of what I am experiencing now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq9GRwYdfFA and the direct download if you want it in its original quality https://mega.co.nz/#!ExlyGJia!ly1X9rl_08zzldYkQkIj48kJcqz34wBiOoamE56 ddJ4 pay particular attention to the huge drops in gpu usage that weren't there before this patch.

boomerek
10-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Same here.. Game was running fine on 970 SLI until this bloody update was released! now it sits at 40fps with 2gpus running at 60%
This game was unplayable for me for the last 6 months until i got 2x970 few days ago.. and now they broke it even for this setup.. what the hell?

noodles1505
10-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say that this udate totally alleviated most of my performance issues with this game on a single GTX 980. I still have minor stutters, but this is definitely better than it used to be, to a point where I don't think about them too much when playing. This is with Ultra preset quality.
Game still stutters for me. Not as bad but still enough that I consider it unplayable while driving.

Gtx 980 sc, i7 4770k, 16gb corsair vengeance pro, samsung evo 840 ssd 1tb, asus z87 sabertooth.

untmdsprt
10-28-2014, 10:28 PM
I have a GTX 770 and barely see improvements except may a few more fps when playing.

RubenMartin24
10-29-2014, 10:01 AM
another zero effect patch as a 770 user.

1. This game was over when u release " first " patch. the game never be smooth as vanilla version after that cursed patch.

2. Dont waste your time with this game, no one cares WD now.

YazX_
10-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Thank you Nik for the update, i've been reading the comments and seems performance increased for some single card users, but for SLI users performance got worse and i'm one of those, here are the issues with GTX 770 SLI:

1. Game Crashes upon launch if MSI AfterBurn OSD (RivaTuner Statistics Server) is running while in previous games' versions it didnt conflict with it.
2. Performance got worse and lost around 10-20 FPS.
3. Stuttering increased not same issue as previous stuttering but i believe its due to FPS drops.
4. GPUs utilization dropped to 60%.

Nvidia Driver Version: 344.48
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Textures: High
AA: Temp SMAA
DOF: High
Shadows: High
Motion Blur: Off
V-Sync: Off
All other settings are set to max.

Edit: i did some further testing, game starts at 25 FPS while it used to start at 55 FPS, while playing avg is 30 FPS with drops to 24, it used to be avg 60 FPS and drops to 50, GPUS temps used to be high (80 for primary and 70 for secondary) and utilization (99% for both) as well, now its bearly hitting 50 degrees for primary and 44 degrees on secondary, technically speaking this patch slashed 1/2 of FPS on SLI.

i tried FC3 SLI profile and it didnt seem to make a difference, maybe 2-3 FPS increase and that was about it.

WabeWalker
10-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi,

Last week my 2 new GTX 980s arrived, and for the first time ever I was able to play Watch Dogs at a smooth frame rate. It was wonderful. In fact, I partially bought the 980s just for Watch Dogs.

Note that I bought the game day one (along with the collector's edition strategy guide, putting the cost at around $100) but had to walk away because the stuttering was so bad.

This new 'patch' has once again made the game unplayable - I'm talking about a 20 FPS drop here, and tons of stutter. There's nothing I can do to fix this. Once again with Watch Dogs I spent hours tinkering in the menus, to no avail.

My frustration with this game is beyond words at the moment. The game was running well... at long last... especially with the newest Nvidia driver... but now, because of this damned patch, the game is unplayable again. And I'm not exaggerating. It's unplayable now.

It's almost as though you guys at Ubisoft saw that SLI was working well for the first time (with the new driver) and deliberately broke it. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that you guys at Ubisoft were ordered to make sure Watch Dogs doesn't work with SLI.

Please revert the changes. Two nights ago, this game was running beautifully. Now it's a complete mess.

GTX 980 SLI
4930k 4.2GHZ
2560x1080
Win 8.1
SSD

WabeWalker
10-29-2014, 03:57 PM
So, yeah, I had about six days with this game where it was working wonderfully... and then, bam, back to where it was before the purchase of my $1200 cards - an unplayable stutter fest.

It's like you guys just don't want me to play this game?

Microcomsix
10-29-2014, 04:14 PM
I got better performance with a single 970, much better.

Masterbandit, if u just disable one card, doesnt it run smooth enough?

fashric
10-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Same experience here WabeWalker had to leave the game alone for a good 6 months after pre ordering the digital deluxe edition and season pass due to the stutter. Then I finally got it working smoothly about a month ago and enjoyed playing through the main game with no major problems and then they release this terrible patch and completely stop me from playing Bad blood which I had only just started last week. It really is a massively frustrating situation Ubisoft have created and it would be nice to know they are at least aware of this issue.

I got better performance with a single 970, much better.

Masterbandit, if u just disable one card, doesnt it run smooth enough?

Its an issue with SLI being broken after this patch, single cards run ok.

YazX_
10-29-2014, 04:56 PM
i was able to revert back as i took a backup from files to be replaced by this patch before updating, you only need to replace Disrupt_b64.dll in bin folder with v1.05 (previous patch), once i applied it, FPS went back to normal and min FPS is back to 51 and avg 65.

WabeWalker
10-29-2014, 05:50 PM
How are we supposed to fix this?

YazX_
10-29-2014, 06:21 PM
How are we supposed to fix this?

I PMed you, check your inbox.

boomerek
10-29-2014, 06:26 PM

Can you PM me too? :)

RhaylanOliveira
10-29-2014, 10:57 PM
personally I was playing the game normally last week but today when I went to play the game updated and when I open the message, Watch_dogs stopped working, reinstalled the game and the video driver and do not know what to do! Would anyone could help? Sorry my bad english !: Indiferença:

YazX_
10-29-2014, 11:19 PM
personally I was playing the game normally last week but today when I went to play the game updated and when I open the message, Watch_dogs stopped working, reinstalled the game and the video driver and do not know what to do! Would anyone could help? Sorry my bad english !: Indiferença:

do you have any overclocking software or OSD running?

WabeWalker
10-30-2014, 02:22 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I copied the file to where you told me to, but the game is stuttering exactly the same.

Quite frankly, Watch Dogs is now completely unplayable for me. This is on a GTX 980 SLI setup, with a 4930k CPU. The game was running like butter for me just two days ago. And that was maxed out at 2560x1080.

I'm just speechless right now. Two brand new GPUs that cost me $1,200 had this game running just amazingly well... for seven days. And then Ubisoft does this. I mean, I'm speechless.

And when I say the game is unplayable, I mean it's just a complete stutter-fest. Also, for whatever it's worth. This is a gaming rig, I'm on. It's a super clean setup. This rig runs pretty much every game under the sun at max settings.

WabeWalker
10-30-2014, 05:59 AM
I can't believe that, for the second time, I'm going to have to walk away from this game - this time with two cutting edge GTX 980s installed.

The stuttering is constant - and I mean constant.

My frame-rate is fluctuating wildly. It goes from 60, into the 50's, into the 40's, all within the space of seconds - whereas before this patch my frame-rate was a rock solid at 60fps. I was having an absolute blast playing this wonderful, gorgeous game, and am absolutely gutted that this is happening. I even said to a friend, via email, that Watch Dogs was easily in my top five for the year.

There's no way I can consider this to be a top five game now. I have never in my twenty-five years of gaming seen a game be ruined this badly by a patch. A patch! Which is supposed to fix the game - not completely break it!!!!!!

cache188
10-30-2014, 08:12 AM
As a GTX 770 user I still have fps drop to 5-7 on SMAAx4, TXAAx2 and TXAAx4(optimal setting according to GeForce Experience) so I have to play on TemporalSMAA on which I played before this patch. I noticed improvements in some places but this fps drop doesn't let me enjoy these improvements

YazX_
10-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I copied the file to where you told me to, but the game is stuttering exactly the same.

Quite frankly, Watch Dogs is now completely unplayable for me. This is on a GTX 980 SLI setup, with a 4930k CPU. The game was running like butter for me just two days ago. And that was maxed out at 2560x1080.

I'm just speechless right now. Two brand new GPUs that cost me $1,200 had this game running just amazingly well... for seven days. And then Ubisoft does this. I mean, I'm speechless.

And when I say the game is unplayable, I mean it's just a complete stutter-fest. Also, for whatever it's worth. This is a gaming rig, I'm on. It's a super clean setup. This rig runs pretty much every game under the sun at max settings.

When you are on main menu, at the right bottom there is the version, what is it?

boomerek
10-30-2014, 12:05 PM
When you are on main menu, at the right bottom there is the version, what is it?

I can confirm that. Your solution helped but only in not busy areas. When I get to the street I can see SLI still scales only up to 60-70%.
right now my version with "fix" shows 1.05.324

YazX_
10-30-2014, 01:27 PM
well the game updated original exe and disrupt_b64.dll files, unfortunately to force the game to not update, you need to copy disrupt_b64.dll, if you reverted with the original exe, i think it will update automatically when launching the game.to reduce stuttering, reduce these graphical settings:1. Textures to high.2. Shadows to High.3. Turn off motion blur.4. Set LOD to High.

LSMetag
10-30-2014, 03:06 PM
This patch remains a real "revolution" to this game. At last it allows to get "normal" performances with a single GPU.

Now, just remains to deal with multi-gpu rigs and a few bugs.

Things are evolving !

Just one question : Why "patch.dat" size can't be larger than 4gb whereas the game is 64 bits ?

RhaylanOliveira
10-30-2014, 05:56 PM
do you have any overclocking software or OSD running?

I'm using msi afterburner going off and trying to open the game !

OMG ty man you save my life !!!!

BlackLord049
10-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Same comment as above : I'm running a 970 GTX SLI and the patch increased stuttering... Well, thank you Ubisoft. Don't you think it's ironic for a patch ? It seems to run better with one single card with less stuttering (but still present). What a shame !

Klunt_Bumskrint
10-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Go Screwbi, Go Screwbi

[Meme Removed]

Keep Ubifailing

boomerek
10-31-2014, 12:52 PM
I had like 3 good hours before they broke it and I had the game (unplayable for many reasons) for many months since I pre-ordered it.
3 bloody hours on 970 SLI and that's it.. They just don't want me to play this game
I'm worried about Assasin Creed Unity and Far Cry 4. Will it also take a year to get a working versions for them?

fashric
10-31-2014, 01:46 PM
No need to worry, just keep your cash in your wallet until they are working ;)

xX_AnkH_Xx
10-31-2014, 05:42 PM
This patch results in a instant crash when trying to start WD. Nice work, UBI****. I even repaired the full game, removed SweetFX and still this stupid game crashes as soon as I try to start it. Wonderful...

YazX_
10-31-2014, 05:50 PM
This patch results in a instant crash when trying to start WD. Nice work, UBI****. I even repaired the full game, removed SweetFX and still this stupid game crashes as soon as I try to start it. Wonderful...

Read my previous posts.

SASClarkey
10-31-2014, 10:59 PM
I have a PC;
Intel QX9650 4Ghz quad core
8GB DDR2 1600Mhz Kingston ram
128GB Sata3 SSD 550Mbs R/W
AMD 6870 2GB PCIe

I have loaded in a couple of times and it played ok, but most of the time I get black screen, amd driver stopped responding, I bought this on steam and steam refused to refund my money! even though I am covered by distance selling laws in the UK.

I hate being robbed of £40 for a game that frankly doesn't work. I have recently reinstalled the game thinking that after 4 months it must have been fixed by now... How wrong was I.

Anyone else have ****ty customer service, or any way to fix this heap of ****e?

I heard there was a patch, doe's it auto install or do I have to download it? there is no information!

GrazRob09
11-01-2014, 01:56 PM
GTX 980 here. Game is now night and day improved and fairly solid at 55-60 fps on ultra with minimal stuttering. Finally Ubi, finally.

silverfall1986
11-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Tested on single gtx 980. The problem of poor gpu utilization was improved a little but still is a problem. Gpu utilization still drops consistently down to 60-70%, it averages somewhere around 72% utilization when driving in the downtown city area. Still nowhere near where it needs to be (consistent at 98-99%)

GPU utilization drops when running as well, when doing sharp turns while running I saw gpu utilization drop down to 70% consistently while on foot.

They improved it slightly but whatever this problem is that drops gpu utilization still very much exists and was not fixed.

Specs:
i7-2600k 4.5ghz
gtx 980 oc 1500/3800 / 344.48
windows 7 64bit
8gb ddr3 2133

in-game settings:
1920x1080
temporal smaa
no DoF
no Motion Blur
buffered frames 1
widescreen letterbox off
Ultra textures
The rest of the settings are on their highest possible values.

BassMan_
11-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I can also confirm that the game runs like crap on my 970 SLI setup. Massive framerate drops in certain areas and stuttering all around. If I use a single card, I can hold a steady framerate, but still get some stutters while driving on high textures and unplayable on Ultra.

NimbusTLD
11-04-2014, 01:25 PM
This patch has made the stuttering even worse than ever for me :( I had a GTX 670 and it stuttered pretty bad with Ultra textures, then I recently upgraded to a GTX 970 which made the game run much much better. Now the stuttering is back to similar levels to when I had my 670. I'm running the latest NVIDIA drivers of course!

Tanyn
11-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Yeeeahhh ... my gaming rig still has an epileptic seizure when trying to play this game... Step. Frame. Step. Frame. Step. Frame. .... before, that was only my experience on vehicles in Watch_Dogs ... now it's happening on foot as well. I do believe this was the last chance I'll be giving this game. Talk about a total disaster of programming. :c I really WANTED to love this game too ... but it's just not proving worth the headache.

BlackLord049
11-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Well I think this is too late for another update. I've almost finished the game and I don't expect Ubisoft to roll out any new fix for this...

annonm
11-15-2014, 02:30 AM
This is crazy. Isn't it time Ubisoft started issuing refunds for this game already????

silverfall1986
11-15-2014, 12:24 PM
This is crazy. Isn't it time Ubisoft started issuing refunds for this game already????

It would be the morally right thing to do at this point. They clearly cannot fix the problems this engine has with patches. Performance is still ridiculously abysmal (gpu only utilized by 60-70% in-game).

Now they go ahead and release assassins creed unity, and from what it sounds like that game has even bigger issues than watch dogs does. I would be fascinated to test the gpu utilization in that game but sadly I won't ever buy another ubisoft product again without waiting for reviews. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/assassins-creed-unity/user-reviews Yeah, not going to happen lol. But it would be interesting to see if ACU has the same gpu utilization problems that watch dogs does, and if it does that begs the question of why they used these engines in the first place and why they released the games on the PC knowing they don't properly work right. If that's the case, and they won't allow refunds, that's a court case waiting to explode.

squidler80
11-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Patch broke sli and game is still way more stutterry then it should be on high or ultra textures using 2 gtx 980 , it's a shame ubisoft can't fix this game right it's one of my favorite games graphics are fantastic , game runs so smooth when it isn't stuttering every 30 seconds. Was hopping they could fix the stutter then i would have bought the dlc , but not while it stutters like this every new game these days has some type on stutter must be a next gen thing, but this game stutters way to much to be acceptable.

PerseusAlenko
11-16-2014, 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=Nik_CtOS;10292354]Hello hackers,

Watch_Dogs just released a PC patch that includes the following fixes and improvements:

Also, Nvidia users, don’t forget to download their most recent driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78873/en-us

This game is now unplayable for me, I have a top end 3D gaming computer that I've spent over £2000 on, I have core I7 Intel processor, 2 GTX top end graphic cards on SLI, 12 gig of ram and a 144fps 3D computer monitor. the last time I plaid Watchdogs I had everything set on ultra with no issues playing the game. Now, I have needed to set everything on low and turned off 3D gaming. when playing this game it is running so slow and choppy that I'm no longer going to play this game until this issue on this faulty gaming patch is sorted. everything worked fine before the patch was released and NVidia update. this isn't the only issues that I've had with playing this game that's really cheesed me off! the day of the game being released I couldn't play the game for a full week because I was unable to download it for whatever reason, I pre-ordered this game.... I will never pre-order another because of this reason! if I could get my money back I would because this is poor end user experience. And, to be honest. a game in this condition is not fit for purpose and is unusable. I'm really hoping the developer of this patch and who is responsible of making this game so un-enjoyable to play reads this post, and, sorts this issue out permanently. Because I work hard all week, and when I want to kick back and chill with a game I've paid £60.00 for, I expect it to work without any issues! Don't get me wrong, this game is worth every penny when it's playable, but, with the computer I've got, it's an insult with the need to try and run the game on low settings and still be un-useable. I'm not *****ing, I just want it sorted. I apologise if I seem rude, but I've tried everything to get this game to work and I've just got to the point now where I've given up changing settings when I shouldn't have too. I will wait until the SLI issues is fixed and I can run everything on ultra again. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to reply.

Ormaggoden333
11-22-2014, 08:14 AM
Hello, just wanted to help with the patches by telling you that I am running the Radeon HD 6970 and the Intel G2020 2.9GHz processor. I am still experiencing major pauses with the game. i had the settings run an auto-check and it chose a medium setting. I LOVE THIS GAME! but i cant enjoy it like this. everything looks great but the pauses kill the joy and when i experience an invasion it gets worse. TY for this game but i am still waiting patiently for a patch that helps me.

Hello hackers,

Happy hacking_

bgnt44
11-22-2014, 09:22 PM
All ultra + txaa 2x 1440 p i got 45fps with one gtx 970 ...and 30 fps when i enable SLI ... seriously

On the bright side i got good perfs with SLI on both Farcry 4 and AC Unity so i wont complain too much about sli ...

With the previous patch (1.05.324) sli was acting like expected (not while driving but i think anyone know that ...)

Johny-Al-Knox
11-26-2014, 05:12 AM
Anyone using SLI got any fixeS?

z4kk4z666
11-26-2014, 05:22 PM
That patch was a great step forward to Single-GPU users, the game is almost really enjoyable on a GTX 980 @ 1440p.

But please sort out SLI support, it breaks my heart to be forced to disable SLI. Game would run so well even with a 20/30% performance boost from a single-GPU.

TrumpWall2018
11-27-2014, 01:51 AM
This game is total BS. Still stutters on my PC...i got 16gb RAM, GTX 760 4gb, Z87 gaming motherboard

bgnt44
12-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Any news for a sli fix ?

ChiefBaldy
12-07-2014, 10:31 PM
I can confirm I'm getting terrible performance from 970 sli, any work around on this until its fixed?

Crydude2007
12-08-2014, 02:14 PM
I tried all possible combinations of custom SLI bits, and the new patch completely breaks scaling especially when driving around the city.
The only real "work-around" for SLI users is to roll back your game to the previous 1.05.324 patch.

This can be done by replacing a few files in your Watch Dogs install directory as instructed in a tweak guide, I wrote a while ago (tested with 780 GTX SLI):
SLI profiles and stuttering in Watch Dogs (http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10373569&postcount=1712)

The Disrupt_b64.dll and watch_dogs.exe files included in the above post are simply backups of the official 1.05.324 installation, so it should be completely OK to post them in a public forum.
The WD tweak guide as well as tons of other AA, AO and SLI related information can be found in my NVIDIA master thread:
NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4908843&postcount=1)