PDA

View Full Version : P-47 tracers

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Is there anyway to make the P-47 tracers more visible to the player...? I mean if you've seen footage of old video say on the history channel you know that you could very well see the tracers and smoke coming off them from allied planes such as the P-51, P-47, ect... If anyone can help or give some insite I would greatly appreciate it...

Take care,
Point...<S>

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Is there anyway to make the P-47 tracers more visible to the player...? I mean if you've seen footage of old video say on the history channel you know that you could very well see the tracers and smoke coming off them from allied planes such as the P-51, P-47, ect... If anyone can help or give some insite I would greatly appreciate it...

Take care,
Point...<S>

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 01:45 AM
I've read in previous deiscussions that the brightness of tracers in historical footage is exaggerated by the type of film and shutter speed used. People who use these .50 caliber rounds say that they are not very bright or visible when seen by the naked eye in daylight.

Message Edited on 10/20/0306:46PM by StG77_Fennec

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 04:20 AM
fennec then wouldnt russian german britian and japanese be over exaggerated too? I collect guncam reels and have alot of .50 cal footage and you do see tracer smoke on some shells especially at deflection shots. 303s, green shvaks and .50s need to be reworked badly they look like a flightsim prior to cfs1. Cfs3 has really good .50 cal effects just the ground looks so horable

<center>http://www.freewebs.com/leadspitter/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 04:39 AM
I think there was a bit of a bug in the game that makes tracer fire hard to see on certain sizes of tracers. Kinda a killer.

I'm always using the END key to zoom in anyways. That helps alot. You see alot more of where your tracer fire is going.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

Zayets
10-21-2003, 08:06 AM
VW-IceFire wrote:

- I'm always using the END key to zoom in anyways.
- That helps alot. You see alot more of where your
- tracer fire is going.

This is thee correct way to do it. I'm not a fighter pilot but when I do straffing runs I find the zoom in feuture pretty neat. I bet is good for dogfighting as well.

Zayets out

http://www.arr.go.ro/iar81c.JPG

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 02:37 PM
I've always thought the tracers in il-2 were too hard to see. The only time they are really visibile is at dusk or night when viewd from a far distance. Regardless of what's 'fact' or 'fiction' about how visible they really were, they should be more radiant to make them more useful for pilots. As it stands now, tracers are too hard to see in most planes. I have to fly in zoomed mode in order to judge deflection shots. Typically the only indication that I've hit something is the bits of debris that fly off the targeted plane. Though Il-2 is the best game ever, other games at least depicted the tracers so that they were easily viewable regardless of the time of day. stubby

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Thats right, I mean I've seen plenty of footage and you can see the tracers very well... Of course you can't edit this game at all unlike CFS2 or 3... I mean I think this game is far greater than the CFS series but it would be nice if Oleg or Ubi didn't want to take the time to fix something to at least let someone else do it... The graphics on this game are fantastic but the P-40 and P-47 tracers are a very spray and pray because the only way that I can tell that I've hit someone is by the little specs of debrie or little flashes on the plane I'm shooting at... I hope that they will fix this or let people in the edit this stuff...

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Here's the best compromise I can think of. Allow the pilot the flexibility to ajust tracer brightness. Sometimes, you may want to go on a mission without tracers in order to sustain the element of surpise when attacking. Other times you may want full brightness for gunnery enhancement. either way, the current tracer animations are way too dim and makes long range shooting impossible.