PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a game like this instead of ACRo?

dimbismp
10-25-2014, 02:30 PM
So,i remenber that pre-ACU reveal,one of the fan theories about the 2014 AC game was a game featuring Connor,Edward and Haytham,thus ending the Kenway trilogy.I think that a game like this would be a perfect farewell to the old-gen AC.Specifically,this game would feature London,NY,North atlantic,the frontier and maybe more...The story would be similar to ACR:Connor would be the main protagonist and he would relive the memories of his father and grandfather through a PoE.That way there would be 3 main plots:
i)Haytham destroying the American brotherhood,aka ACRo's story(shay could appear as an ally)
ii)Edward's operations in London and his final days
iii)Connor playing again an important role in history,as Juno said in the end of AC3
In my mind there would be 10 sequences:
1.Connor
2.Edward
3.Haytham
4.Connor
5.Edward
10.Connor
That way Connor would get 6 sequences,while both edward and haytham would get 2.
The only con. about this game is that London would be wasted for old gen...

cawatrooper9
10-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Your idea sounds pretty cool, but I guess I can't really say what I'd prefer until I play Rogue. I'm certainly still interested in Shay's story now, as well... though more Haytham certainly isn't a bad thing!

VestigialLlama4
10-25-2014, 03:00 PM
So,i remenber that pre-ACU reveal,one of the fan theories about the 2014 AC game was a game featuring Connor,Edward and Haytham,thus ending the Kenway trilogy.I think that a game like this would be a perfect farewell to the old-gen AC.Specifically,this game would feature London,NY,North atlantic,the frontier and maybe more...The story would be similar to ACR:Connor would be the main protagonist and he would relive the memories of his father and grandfather through a PoE.That way there would be 3 main plots:
i)Haytham destroying the American brotherhood,aka ACRo's story(shay could appear as an ally)
iii)Connor playing again an important role in history,as Juno said in the end of AC3
1.Connor
2.Edward
3.Haytham
4.Connor
5.Edward
10.Connor
That way Connor would get 6 sequences,while both edward and haytham would get 2.

I remember Corey May saying that it was always their dream to do a game with multiple Assassins across history and shifting perspectives but they always found it hard to balance and the assets to create hard. The closest they came was Revelations where you had Ezio and Altair, but all of Altair's actions were restricted to Masyaf so they only had one map to focus on and one set of supporting assets.

Personally, my hope was that in Black Flag, they would somehow make Edward survive, fake his death somehow and in the epilogue he and Connor meet up and share notes. I had the impression they were going to make Edward a serial character.

In any case, the Assassins are about history, culture, change, mystery and the like, its not really about a family saga. Like the Ezio games are about Ezio and the Renaissance, the story of his family is only a side of that. The Kenway stories are about the New World - Adventure, Independence but finally tragedy and breaking down. In BLACK FLAG, it's about the Pirates building a make-shift democracy that never pans out but when it did exist it opposed the Empires of Europe and featured class mobility and social diversity. And Edward hangs out with Mayans, Tainos and ex-Slaves and the like, it symbolizes the romance of New World cultural mix. That romance goes away completely with the American Revolution.

SixKeys
10-25-2014, 03:13 PM
I would love to have a game with more than one assassin across different time periods, but your suggestion sounds pretty chaotic TBH. It seems to hinge on giving everyone enough screentime, regardless of the story's demands. You end up possibly stretching out parts of the story that don't need to be stretched just to get 2 full sequences for each character, and shortening bits that would have been more interesting with enough time. For example, a lot of people really enjoy the sailing mechanic and especially the naval freeroaming in Edward's game. Haytham can't sail and Connor lives in a completely different time and place than Edward, requiring two (or more) different naval maps. Alternatively, you would have to lock the sailing to a few specific missions, removing one of the main draws of AC4/Edward. So who would you market this game to? Those who loved AC4 for its sailing mechanics would be disappointed to see it downgraded.

Also, considering Connor is quite possibly the least popular AC protagonist of all time (besides Aveline), I think you'd have a hard sell to convince people to buy a game where Connor gets 6 sequences while the two more popular characters only get 2.

MakimotoJin
10-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm not so sure...I mean,if Ubisoft made this game and not mention Rogue's idea at all,I'd buy the game.But now,I actually liked the change of pace.
Rogue gives the view of a Templar,something that's only happened for a moment in AC3.So many(if not all) activities will be changed to the Templar's side.There's also minor things,like templar outfits,weapons,and the ship as well.
Short answer,I prefer seeing a assassin hunter.

cawatrooper9
10-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Back when Rogue was rumored to be called "Comet", I had a pretty flushed out theory that it would take the perspective of multiple Assassins and Templars throughout history during various stages of Halley's Comet.

hood3dassassin5
10-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Would be interesting and give us the conclusion to the Kenway Saga, but Rogue offers us the chance to play as a Templar.......

I actually had an idea like this for Rogue's DLC, and it would be set up sort of like ToKW, but with each character getting 3+ sequences to finish up their story:

Edward's would be when he went back to London(With Woodes Rogers as one of his targets)and his last few years as an Assassin.
Haytham's would start right after Edward died, with him as a child, and then it would be the events of Foresaken, with the last mission being Haytham fighting Connor
And Connor's would include training Eseosa, and whatever else they decide to do with him(War of 1812?)up until he dies.

Ureh
10-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Personally, my hope was that in Black Flag, they would somehow make Edward survive, fake his death somehow and in the epilogue he and Connor meet up and share notes. I had the impression they were going to make Edward a serial character.

That reminds me of big boss from mgs4.
http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/12/UPM161.cover_subs.mgs4_c.jpg

"Yes, I'm still alive. The body they found was just a decoy. You're the son I should've had. I'm proud of you, my boy." X.X

Fatal-Feit
10-25-2014, 06:27 PM
No thanks, I'm fine with Rogue as the conclusion of the Kenway Saga. At first, I wasn't, but I'm more and more excited as time gone by. All I wish for is a Connor DLC in the size of Aveline/Freedom Cry DLC. Maybe more, just nothing adjacent to TToKW.

Namikaze_17
10-25-2014, 06:39 PM
I remember seeing something like this once...

Strange. :confused:

Regarding what you said, I think I'm fine without it.

Edward's & Haytham's stories are complete for me.

Though all I think is left is a Connor DLC to end him off.

VestigialLlama4
10-25-2014, 06:46 PM
No thanks, I'm fine with Rogue as the conclusion of the Kenway Saga. At first, I wasn't, but I'm more and more excited as time gone by. All I wish for is a Connor DLC in the size of Aveline/Freedom Cry DLC. Maybe more, just nothing adjacent to TToKW.

Honestly speaking, there's not much story left for Connor. The 1812 war is not insignificant but it's too big for a DLC and not big enough for a full game. The 1790s saw the Northwest Indian War, the Whisky Rebellion, the Citizen Genet affair(a Girondin diplomat who came to America and basically decided to spark an insurrection against Washington's neutrality), the XYZ affair is marginally interesting. There's also the abolition of slavery in New York in which Aaron Burr (who I think is maybe the only Founding Father who can be an Assassin) played a big part, and his rivalry with Hamilton.

I would be content with some database information, a comic, some pictures or a video, about when and where he died or at least some kind of cool - like he disappeared in so-and-so year and there are all kinds of legends about him, that would be cool and badass and allow Ubisoft to wash their hands, "look even we don't know what happened to him."

The ideal DLC would be Aveline coming to Connor's funeral and honoring his last wishes.

Fatal-Feit
10-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Honestly speaking, there's not much story left for Connor. The 1812 war is not insignificant but it's too big for a DLC and not big enough for a full game. The 1790s saw the Northwest Indian War, the Whisky Rebellion, the Citizen Genet affair(a Girondin diplomat who came to America and basically decided to spark an insurrection against Washington's neutrality), the XYZ affair is marginally interesting. There's also the abolition of slavery in New York in which Aaron Burr (who I think is maybe the only Founding Father who can be an Assassin) played a big part, and his rivalry with Hamilton.

I would be content with some database information, a comic, some pictures or a video, about when and where he died or at least some kind of cool - like he disappeared in so-and-so year and there are all kinds of legends about him, that would be cool and badass and allow Ubisoft to wash their hands, "look even we don't know what happened to him."

As proven by Aveline's DLC and Freedom Cry, they don't need an significant part of history, nor do they need to kill the character. Personally, I would be content with something like Connor training some new rascal recruits, him and Aveline trying to obtain a PoE, or Connor bonding with Eseosa and telling him that ''life is not a fairy tale'' and reminiscing the past.

The ideal DLC would be Aveline coming to Connor's funeral and honoring his last wishes.

That certainly isn't mine. :p

The idea that every Assassins' story must be concluded in a tragedy or death is pretty generic at this point.

MakimotoJin
10-25-2014, 08:26 PM
The idea that every Assassins' story must be concluded in a tragedy or death is pretty generic at this point.
Well,there's not much good in a war.

RinoTheBouncer
10-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeah and Iíve suggested that numerous times before. I was hoping for something like Revelations. Something to tie the loose ends instead of adding more. One game that finalizes the story of the Keyways like how Revelations finalized Ezioís story as an Assassin along with itís accompanying short animated film, and bringing closer to Altairís story, as well.

Iím excited to play as a Templar and Shay doesnít look so bad after all and his story is indeed interesting, especially that one of the concept arts shows Shay in a First Civ./Precursor Site, yet I wish that we ended the story of Connor, shown the final days of Edward and some parts of Haythamís story and perhaps even introducing Shay as a side character in Haythamís portion, who gets to have his own game, later.

Regarding HOW weíd be able to see Edwardís days after Haytham was born, it could be anything, something like the Masyaf Keys could totally work.

GunnerGalactico
10-25-2014, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't mind IF we had a DLC that co-stars Connor, Aveline and Eseosa. In my head cannon, all 3 of them are on board the Aquila and they sail to Port au Prince and help out during the Haitian Revolution... and it ends with all of them parting ways. Chapter closed.

I-Like-Pie45
10-25-2014, 09:18 PM
I don't want a game which would make you play as Aveline

GunnerGalactico
10-25-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't want a game which would make you play as Aveline

If we got to play as all 3 of them for a short while, then I wouldn't mind at all.

I-Like-Pie45
10-25-2014, 09:28 PM
If we got to play as all 3 of them for a short while, then I wouldn't mind at all.

But I don't find black women attractive

Megas_Doux
10-25-2014, 09:35 PM
No.....

GunnerGalactico
10-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Whatever.... :rolleyes:

STDlyMcStudpants
10-25-2014, 09:49 PM
1.Connor
2.Edward
3.Haytham
4.Connor
5.Edward
10.Connor

The ONLY way I would want to see a Connor game again is if they use the template they used in AC3...
I didn't like anything about AC4 lol and sadly ACRo is an AC4 spin off rather than an AC3 prequel

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-25-2014, 09:59 PM
You have a nice idea there OP, but yeah, it looks like it's not possible considering Corey May said so himself that it can't be possible due to whatever difficulties.

But I'm open to any ideas so you never know. Corey May is a genius :p

The ONLY way I would want to see a Connor game again is if they use the template they used in AC3...
I didn't like anything about AC4 lol and sadly ACRo is an AC4 spin off rather than an AC3 prequel

I wouldnt mind the same template from AC3 as long as I don't encounter everything that was wrong with it. #glitchesgalore

And yes, I didn't like the AC4 template too much, but at least the story was interesting.

And Rogue does feel like a AC4 spinoff, it's a copycat lol

hood3dassassin5
10-26-2014, 12:15 AM
You have a nice idea there OP, but yeah, it looks like it's not possible considering Corey May said so himself that it can't be possible due to whatever difficulties.

But I'm open to any ideas so you never know. Corey May is a genius :p

I wouldnt mind the same template from AC3 as long as I don't encounter everything that was wrong with it. #glitchesgalore

And yes, I didn't like the AC4 template too much, but at least the story was interesting.

And Rogue does feel like a AC4 spinoff, it's a copycat lol

It's not possible due to a current glitch in the Animus :D