PDA

View Full Version : Well this sucks...

CRYPTO196
10-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Next gen consoles and still when you skin an animal nothing happens.It just stays there like you didn't just take the whole skin and a big chunk of meat of the animal's corpse.This just sucks and is so stupid to me.Why can't you do it like it's supposed to be?That was even in Assassin's Creed III why not on your newest,best looking game ever not to mention it's on the next gen consoles.I think a PS4 and XOne can handle this little thing.

StrayDog_RR
10-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Because the game is cross gen.

KrayZee_
10-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Next gen consoles and still when you skin an animal nothing happens.It just stays there like you didn't just take the whole skin and a big chunk of meat of the animal's corpse.This just sucks and is so stupid to me.Why can't you do it like it's supposed to be?That was even in Assassin's Creed III why not on your newest,best looking game ever not to mention it's on the next gen consoles.I think a PS4 and XOne can handle this little thing.
In Assassin's Creed III, the screen turns white and fast forward time while you skin. The same applied for Assassin's Creed IV, but instead of the screen turning white, it turned black. In Red Dead Redemption, you cannot see the animal being skinned because they are outside of the screen. Also, you can't even skin animals in multiplayer in Red Dead Redemption.

Do you know why? It's because both Ubisoft and Rockstar didn't develop actual skinning, instead they just replaced the textures in a short span of time. You don't see it at all, and skinning would take an awfully long time if it's realistic. In Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4, it's in a first person perspective. It wouldn't make sense to fast forward in the middle of battle, or see a complete animation. You'll notice the machete, or the kukri slicing the animals off screen, even in a first person perspective.

RaZoRFINNISH
10-26-2014, 11:02 AM
In Assassin's Creed III, the screen turns white and fast forward time while you skin. The same applied for Assassin's Creed IV, but instead of the screen turning white, it turned black. In Red Dead Redemption, you cannot see the animal being skinned because they are outside of the screen. Also, you can't even skin animals in multiplayer in Red Dead Redemption.

Do you know why? It's because both Ubisoft and Rockstar didn't develop actual skinning, instead they just replaced the textures in a short span of time. You don't see it at all, and skinning would take an awfully long time if it's realistic. In Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4, it's in a first person perspective. It wouldn't make sense to fast forward in the middle of battle, or see a complete animation. You'll notice the machete, or the kukri slicing the animals off screen, even in a first person perspective.

Also if they wanted to do it properly the animals would have to die at a specific pose every time, or would have to move to that pose before the skinning happens- and that wouldn't be good. Obviously then the animation would be implementable, but it'd still be fairly time consuming for such a small detail... I'd just like skinning to give you skin, not a chunk of flesh...

WniO
10-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Why the hell do you care about a small detail like this?

CRYPTO196
10-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Why the hell do you care about a small detail like this?

Because I would like the next gen game to feature things that last gen couldn't feature.What's the point of buying the game on next gen if there aren't any next gen things troughout the game?Also it doesn't make sense.You have just skinned the animal and receive it skin,pelt and meat while it stays there untouched.Doesn't that make no sense to you?

WniO
10-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Because I would like the next gen game to feature things that last gen couldn't feature.What's the point of buying the game on next gen if there aren't any next gen things troughout the game?Also it doesn't make sense.You have just skinned the animal and receive it skin,pelt and meat while it stays there untouched.Doesn't that make no sense to you?

Aesthetically yes, it is distracting in a sort of realistic first person shooter.

It would take a gargantuan amount of time and effort for a few guys to put that into the game, when its maybe 2 quick seconds of animation that is not needed.

Personally, (next gen wise) I put more emphasis on needing new gameplay mechanics that were not implemented in previous iterations, before any talk of graphics. I can see people being upset at that lakes water texture, since it appears to be a downgrade.

KrayZee_
10-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Read what I wrote.

CRYPTO196
10-26-2014, 07:25 PM
See this doesn't make sense either.I'm not upset over this stupid little thing I'm upset that they aren't taking advantage of the next gen.My question is again what's the point in next gen when we won't see anything next gen?Maybe the developers are still getting used to the new consoles but Ubisoft already worked on an next gen title(Watch Dogs).Shouldn't they have a little more experience this time?

CRYPTO196
10-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Read what I wrote.

Yes i read what you wrote and it makes more sense now.Thanks!

HorTyS
10-26-2014, 10:08 PM
See this doesn't make sense either.I'm not upset over this stupid little thing I'm upset that they aren't taking advantage of the next gen.My question is again what's the point in next gen when we won't see anything next gen?Maybe the developers are still getting used to the new consoles but Ubisoft already worked on an next gen title(Watch Dogs).Shouldn't they have a little more experience this time?

Both Watch_Dogs & Far Cry 4 are cross-gen titles that have no 'nextgen only' features though, so the expectation for next-gen features are unfounded to begin with really... just sayin'...