PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to Uplay on Trials Frontier

Deagle
10-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Hello,

I have changed my Uplay password and now when I press on Uplay icon in game and it says that it can't connect and I should try again later. How to fix this? Thanks

hamsterwheedle
10-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Hello - I am facing the same issue... Once I ok the error message, the uplay window closes so I don't get a chance to edit the password.
Thank you!

hamsterwheedle
10-29-2014, 12:42 AM
I figured it out, try this: when starting up TF on your iDevice, it will try and log you in to UPlay. At that moment, in the blue box, you should be able to hit the Login button, after which it asks you for username and password.
It's only when you skip that (or wait until it times out) and then manually try to connect to the UPlay login via the icon on the top that you can't get past the error message. I am back "in" and finally getting more anba missions (I have given up on the grinding pumpkin boredom...)

Hope it works for you!
HW

birthofmasacre
01-05-2015, 08:36 PM
I reset my password on UPlay and now i cant even log in... i had to log in with my facebook account just now, but the FB account isnt linked to my iphone somehow.

I dont get the chance to log in at any point even if i refresh the app... Still cant log in.

hamsterwheedle
02-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Well, isn't this fun.

Update applied, and UPlay does not log in, flashes out, just as before.
Why am I always so naive and think that it has to be somehow my fault?
I had forgotten my password, so in order to find out how to check my own fix from last year on this forum... I had to change password.
Only then did it dawn on me that *maybe* the issue was not with me but with the update having seriously hit a lot of players...
So, the trick that I figured out and documented below does not work anymore. Even when starting TF fresh there is hardly any time to hit the login button, and if I manage, nothing happens.
So, once again I lose a Bunker round that is finishing round about now, and have grief from patchy software updates.
And I had nearly bought the Valentine Special. Thank you, ddvelopers, for reminding me why I did not want to spend any more money on this until I get the feeling that customers actually matter.

I would be grateful if anyone could point out to me how I can get my new password into the dialog.

I figured it out, try this: when starting up TF on your iDevice, it will try and log you in to UPlay. At that moment, in the blue box, you should be able to hit the Login button, after which it asks you for username and password.
It's only when you skip that (or wait until it times out) and then manually try to connect to the UPlay login via the icon on the top that you can't get past the error message. I am back "in" and finally getting more anba missions (I have given up on the grinding pumpkin boredom...)

Hope it works for you!
HW

muliaboy
02-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Well, isn't this fun.

Update applied, and UPlay does not log in, flashes out, just as before.
Why am I always so naive and think that it has to be somehow my fault?
I had forgotten my password, so in order to find out how to check my own fix from last year on this forum... I had to change password.
Only then did it dawn on me that *maybe* the issue was not with me but with the update having seriously hit a lot of players...
So, the trick that I figured out and documented below does not work anymore. Even when starting TF fresh there is hardly any time to hit the login button, and if I manage, nothing happens.
So, once again I lose a Bunker round that is finishing round about now, and have grief from patchy software updates.
And I had nearly bought the Valentine Special. Thank you, ddvelopers, for reminding me why I did not want to spend any more money on this until I get the feeling that customers actually matter.

I would be grateful if anyone could point out to me how I can get my new password into the dialog.

I've had this happen to me a couple times now and the latest was with the release of the new 3.1.0 update yesterday. The only way I've been able to get around this is to uninstall the game and then after reinstalling it, play through the intro part until it gets you to the saloon. Once there, you can click on the uplay icon and it will bring up a login screen where you can put in your current username and password. Then it should ask you if you want to keep your current game or restore your rider from the online server and you definitely want to choose the second option to keep your progress. I've used it twice now and that's the only way I know how to resolve it.

Hope it helps.

llDumptruckll
02-09-2015, 12:48 AM
The Solution:

Uninstall Game. (Choose to keep leaderboard rankings when deleting game. its the second thing that pops up when you go to unistall the game.)
Reinstall Game.
Play through the intro of the game until you get to the Village.
Once there, you can click on the Uplay icon and it will bring up a Login Screen where you can put in your current Uplay username and password.
Then it is should ask you if you want to keep your current game or restore your rider from the online server.
Choose to download your progress from the server, its the second option.

Note: If you have made progress in the game since last connecting to Uplay, there could be a chance that you may have to replay through a few missions.

rokbankoX
06-18-2015, 01:48 PM
The Solution:

Uninstall Game. (Choose to keep leaderboard rankings when deleting game. its the second thing that pops up when you go to unistall the game.)
Reinstall Game.
Once there, you can click on the Uplay icon and it will bring up a Login Screen where you can put in your current Uplay username and password.
Then it is should ask you if you want to keep your current game or restore your rider from the online server.

Note: If you have made progress in the game since last connecting to Uplay, there could be a chance that you may have to replay through a few missions.

You cannot call this solution :D This is just a nasty workaround. Fix the game instead.

JEWELZ_X808X
07-26-2015, 09:27 AM
The Solution:

Reinstall Game.

So if I'm at the point where I have more than half of the Agent Bike parts, built the bridge to the island for 95 gems, and just unlocked platinum medals by defeating Butch once and for all, just how many missions will I have to replay through, according to your note, to be able to actually connect back with my Uplay account?