PDA

View Full Version : Any confirmation on preloads for Uplay for ACU?

Th3 Code
10-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Pretty much what the title says:

I've heard rumors on Steam that it'll have a 2 day preload and also a 4 day preload or something along those lines but I haven't heard anything about preloads on Uplay or if they even do preloads at all. I preordered ACU months ago before it hit Steam, and I was told that if I canceled my preorder and changed to a different seller (like steam) that I'd be forfeiting all of my guillotine rewards and unlocks.

Alphacos007
10-25-2014, 01:54 AM
Pretty much what the title says:

I've heard rumors on Steam that it'll have a 2 day preload and also a 4 day preload or something along those lines but I haven't heard anything about preloads on Uplay or if they even do preloads at all. I preordered ACU months ago before it hit Steam, and I was told that if I canceled my preorder and changed to a different seller (like steam) that I'd be forfeiting all of my guillotine rewards and unlocks.

Uplay will not offer Pre-Load, it was already confirmed by Ubisoft.

Th3 Code
10-25-2014, 02:21 AM
I absolutely hate Uplay now. I wonder if there is a way to cancel my preorder and get it from somewhere else. I might just cancel it and forfeit all of my spin-to-win rewards, and get a retail copy from Amazon. It'd literally be the only thing I should do. Because Uplay charges 6 dollars in tax when no other seller does, and they offer zero preload for a 50gb game which downloading at 200-250kbps will take me days to download.

The only thing that can keep me from buying a retail physical copy is if the Gold Edition actually offers any content that's not included in the base game + preorder incentive + season pass.

nultma
10-25-2014, 02:52 AM
I absolutely hate Uplay now. I wonder if there is a way to cancel my preorder and get it from somewhere else. I might just cancel it and forfeit all of my spin-to-win rewards, and get a retail copy from Amazon. It'd literally be the only thing I should do. Because Uplay charges 6 dollars in tax when no other seller does, and they offer zero preload for a 50gb game which downloading at 200-250kbps will take me days to download.

The only thing that can keep me from buying a retail physical copy is if the Gold Edition actually offers any content that's not included in the base game + preorder incentive + season pass.

I'd be fairly confident it won't. I'd imagine like the last couple games, one piece of DLC will contain the preorder bonuses and stuff. At the end of the day, all of the items you earn in game are far better than the preorder crap anyway

Th3 Code
10-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Well I'll be canceling my preorder next week then. I just sent a series of questions to Ubisoft and I'll see what answers they have for me before I confirm the cancel, because I'm thinking of going for Steam ACU Gold preorder instead because of their pre-load, and it's also cheaper, and i have all of my other AC's except for Black Flag on Steam.

OR I'll end up buying the retail standard edition from Amazon and having it shipped, which would cut out all of the download time, and I'd get the Season Pass later, but I might miss out on some of that "extra undisclosed content".

oliacr
10-25-2014, 10:25 AM
In-game items are usually better than the preorder crap. So best here to cancel your pre order and buy it from a retailer.

YazX_
10-25-2014, 01:28 PM
UPlay will not offer pre-load for ACU, but for it will for future titles, the first game to offer this feature is TheCrew.

Th3 Code
10-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Well that is good. I'm planning on getting The Crew also.. I haven't seen any decent in game footage of it and I could never get the beta to work in the closed beta because it would constantly crash on me. So I have no idea how the physics are if they are close to simulation, or realistic, or if they're cheesy like W_D.

YazX_
10-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Well that is good. I'm planning on getting The Crew also.. I haven't seen any decent in game footage of it and I could never get the beta to work in the closed beta because it would constantly crash on me. So I have no idea how the physics are if they are close to simulation, or realistic, or if they're cheesy like W_D.

My experience with the beta, the game is stunning, and i can tell the driving is not simulation by any means, ofcourse you need to upgrade alot of stuff to improve handling though.

Th3 Code
10-26-2014, 02:29 AM
What game would you say it drives like? For like traction and car feel and turning. More like Watch Dogs or NFS? Since you said not a sim driving I excluded Forza and Gran Turismo - which I wished it was like.

YazX_
10-26-2014, 09:29 AM
What game would you say it drives like? For like traction and car feel and turning. More like Watch Dogs or NFS? Since you said not a sim driving I excluded Forza and Gran Turismo - which I wished it was like.

To be honest i'm no expert in driving games and just played few long time ago and to me seemed realistic, its definitely not like Watch Dogs (im talking about myself), perhaps you should ask this in TheCrew forum (link below) since they are more experienced in driving games:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/479-General-Discussion

nultma
10-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Any estimate on when a preload would open up for Steam? OP said 2 days but that seems a bit narrow for a 50GB download and usually they give you about a week or so. According to this website it's up for preload now on Xbox One so it's gone gold: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/24847/article/assassin-s-creed-unity-available-for-xbox-one-pre-load/

Interesting point is that the game is 37.63GB which makes sense considering file compression.

Th3 Code
10-26-2014, 06:52 PM
I've also heard up to 4 days on the Steam preload, but still I have nothing to confirm that and when I asked them on an actual confirmation of the 4 days, there was no reply. As much as we know there won't be any PC preload at all for a 50GB game.

Th3 Code
10-30-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm still on the long untold quest to find out if there will EVER be a Steam Pre-load option - and if there is nothing to tell then I DEMAND that there be a preload option. Eventually demand has to be met lol, and until then we have to wait. But if I can't preload the 50GB game then I'll not have the game. The size of the game on Xbox One (which already has a preload) is 37GB I believe, so that is estimated 45GB for PC if we're lucky. No but I'm sorry, I'm not going to download 50GB to play a game I spent $95+ dollars for just so I can play it a week after its release.

Loktarz
10-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Xbox one users can preload it right now. So i hope steam will have it too. plz ubisoft

Th3 Code
10-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Mhmm.. and Xbox is Microsoft, and Windows PC is Microsoft... So it should legally be able to work just fine. Please, Ubisoft. I want to give you my money so bad, but you are trying to make it so hard with all your secrets.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 12:47 AM
It has already been told tons of times. If you use steam often you should know that the pre-loads there usually open only around 3-5 days before release, no sooner than that. So don't expect a pre-load anytime soon.

Th3 Code
10-30-2014, 12:53 AM
What I'm trying to find out though is if that "usually" will be a factor into it. I would just love if Ubisoft were like "Yeah, Steam will get a preload", instead of selling extremely insanely astronomical marketing details being hidden and secret from us buyers.

hlchade
10-30-2014, 01:37 AM
I've been racking my brain trying to remember how it went with AC3 and Black Flag, since I've read a few of your posts about this (I even tried looking at the Steam forums, but apparently they don't keep the whole history of forum posts available) ... I want to say that it was 24, maybe 48 hours pre-load, tops, last year--if someone has a better memory than I do about this feel free to correct me--and although I had read rumours a day or two prior to the pre-load I was never able to confirm where that information came from.

Honestly, the only thing I can remember about it was the distinct impression that it was a shorter time frame than one might otherwise expect. I would doubt that they'd make it available earlier despite the larger file size (50GB this year compared to 30GB last year), but that's just a hunch on my part.

I hope you're able to get a more reliable confirmation from someone as the release date approaches.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 03:11 AM
We had AC preloads on Steam ever since AC Brotherhood, so I'm pretty sure Unity will have as well. I remember back on Revelations, everyone was swearing at Steam because it was almost 24 hours to release and the pre-load still wasn't available. But then, when it hit exaclty 24 hours to release, the downloads started. What I'm saying is, Ubi will NOT confirm or unconfirm anything about the pre-load, and it might come up only 24 hours before release, but 99% chance it'll happen.

YazX_
10-30-2014, 11:23 AM
OP, i have merged the two threads you opened for the same discussion, no need to open multiple threads for the same issue/discussion, please continue discussion here without opening new threads for the same topic.

site56
10-31-2014, 05:45 PM
will origin offer preload for this game ? also can i launch it with my gtx 760 ?

oliacr
10-31-2014, 05:56 PM
will origin offer preload for this game ? also can i launch it with my gtx 760 ?
Origin? It is uplay.

site56
10-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Origin? It is uplay.

Origin Ea is also selling it and i would like to know if they have any preload

oliacr
10-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Origin Ea is also selling it and i would like to know if they have any preload

Lol didn't know that, sorry then.