PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed Unity Experience Trailer #3 - Immersive Open World Activities

Mr_Shade
10-23-2014, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4WPV-aOfo

In Assassin’s Creed Unity, you will evolve in an open Paris with 7 different lively districts. From palaces to slums, you will enjoy exciting and diversified side missions. Play all new single player side quests such as murder mysteries and team up with your friends in the brand new "Heist Missions".

Sushiglutton
10-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Must say the world looks absolutely incredible, wow!

ze_topazio
10-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Brotherhood robes again, give me AC2 robes already.

LatinaC09
10-23-2014, 05:11 PM
The catacombs are gonna be interesting to explore. Looks like we'll have plenty to do! :)

Megas_Doux
10-23-2014, 05:12 PM
The length of the coat changes at times during the video haha.

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Awesome!
Finally the side mission have a narrative component, and the Café Theatre looks really cool!

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-23-2014, 05:14 PM
The length of the coat changes at times during the video haha.
Probably you can choose the length yourself!

Megas_Doux
10-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Probably you can choose the length yourself!

I hope, I hope....

RinoTheBouncer
10-23-2014, 05:19 PM
The graphics have been drastically improved compared to the Paris Horizon trailer and the ones after it. It’s getting close to the quality of the Sneak Peek.

KG_NOx
10-23-2014, 05:20 PM
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/98e3be76e358c01739fce82111280edf/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Dragonrider1227/roflbot-Bisonyes1.jpg

Legacy outfits!!

PS: Fix altair's robes pls

MakimotoJin
10-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Katanas,Legacy outfits.....I might go and steal a PS4 to play this....

Megas_Doux
10-23-2014, 05:21 PM
One can do heists missions alone, right?

KG_NOx
10-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Every quest with the option for coop has been confirmed that u can do it alone even the brootherhood missions

Megas_Doux
10-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Every quest with the option for coop has been confirmed that u can do it alone even the brootherhood missions

Thanks bro!

UbiJustin
10-23-2014, 05:32 PM

Yes, you can play all co-op missions as single player.

VestigialLlama4
10-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Looks like Chevalier de Saint-George is also an Assassin.

Fatal-Feit
10-23-2014, 05:37 PM

Technically, that's Giovanni's Robe.

Matknapers18
10-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Man the music in that trailer was awesome. I don't think we've heard that before.

Plus, DRINKING COFFEE CONFIRMED.

VestigialLlama4
10-23-2014, 05:43 PM
I remember enjoying the drink of rum in Black Flag.

We already drank coffee in AC2 - where Antonio the Venice Thieves Guild Chief gave us a drink and Ezio suggested adding milk, he got it from the Turks. I like the fact that the series is able to work and build these nuggets like this.

Ignacio_796
10-23-2014, 05:47 PM
No Shay's Legacy Outfit? What a shame :(

topeira1980
10-23-2014, 05:50 PM
The graphics have been drastically improved compared to the Paris Horizon trailer and the ones after it. It’s getting close to the quality of the Sneak Peek.

what sneak peak?
what is the difference between that sneak peak you are talking about and the graphics in later videos?
i have a feeling you are going to be the first to scream visual downgrade when the game comes out, arent you, rino? :P

Xstantin
10-23-2014, 05:50 PM
I guess it's a bit of a spoiler - but was that Marat there? :confused: The scene looks pretty much like the painting

Matknapers18
10-23-2014, 06:00 PM
what sneak peak?
what is the difference between that sneak peak you are talking about and the graphics in later videos?
i have a feeling you are going to be the first to scream visual downgrade when the game comes out, arent you, rino? :P

I think he's talking about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI

And he has a point. The graphics in this sneak peak are pretty much beyond what we are getting now, they are incredible. Doesn't bother me, the game still looks fantastic.

zainzombie
10-23-2014, 06:03 PM
That was one amazing trailer. Paris story missions sounds like will be a lot of fun.

There is just one little thing though, I dont think we have seen any trailer/gameplay of Unity in the nighttime or during any weather conditions like rain. I doubt rain will be in.. but I hope the night time looks as good as the daytime seems to be.

KG_NOx
10-23-2014, 06:04 PM
No Shay's Legacy Outfit? What a shame :(

skip to 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bopEuEp8A2k

SHADOWGARVIN
10-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Looks amazing. I can't wait!!

dimbismp
10-23-2014, 06:15 PM
*My hype is almost at the maximum level!!Keep on Ubi!
*Paris is BREATHTAKING!!!Especially at dusk and night/cloudy weather!Also,it is HUGE!!Even when you climb high viewpoints,you can barely see the whole city.It must be around 2-2,5 times the size of Rome/Constantinople!
*So,the Paris missions seem to be like assassination contracts with narrative.If this is the case and they are also a bit open ended,then i cannot be more satisfied!Also,the murder mysteries may turn out to be a really cool type of mission.
*As other people stated,the length of the robes must be customisable.
*Finally,a really important question:These graphics are from PC or consoles?Because the preview videos had a much lower quality of graphics.I just hope the PS4 graphics are close to this...

marvelfannumber
10-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Technically, that's Giovanni's Robe.

Technically the Brotherhood outfit is Machiavelli's.....what's your point?

I just wanna see the AC2 outfit on next-gen, it's my favorite assassin outfit of all time and I would probably wear it all the time. Screw customization I just want that outfit!

ACfan443
10-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Technically tthe Brotherhood outfit is Machiavelli's.....what's your point?

And AC4's is technically Duncan Walpole's so I don't get the point either. The robes in those games very much belonged to the protagonists who laid claim on them (we all refer to them as "Edward's robes" after all) so there's absolutely no issue with AC2's outfit returning as a legacy piece.

Radman500
10-23-2014, 06:39 PM
the black guy at 2:26 is most likely Chevalier de Saint-Georges..... he was half black/half white and was considered one of the best swordsman in Europe...it would make sense for him to be Arno's trainer along with Pierre....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_de_Saint-Georges

flyin-bart
10-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Really love this new trailer.....................the game is beginning to shape up to be something really special.

However I have to agree with dimbismp's comment above and ask whether this is PC graphics or console.

Paris is looking awesome and love the way we get narrative with the contracts......love the idea of the theatre too.

My hype has just gone up a fair few notches now!!!

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-23-2014, 06:46 PM
I guess it's a bit of a spoiler - but was that Marat there? :confused: The scene looks pretty much like the painting
Yes, it seems to be him!

VestigialLlama4
10-23-2014, 06:56 PM
I wonder if he's just going to be a side mission, because that murder was a public event and there was never any mystery about it. And Marat was a big figure of the Revolution

Bastiaen
10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
skip to 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bopEuEp8A2k

I'm usually extremely positive, but this beta build was pretty glitchy. Hopefully the final build looks better.

Fatal-Feit
10-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Technically the Brotherhood outfit is Machiavelli's.....what's your point?

I just wanna see the AC2 outfit on next-gen, it's my favorite assassin outfit of all time and I would probably wear it all the time. Screw customization I just want that outfit!

The Brotherhood Robe is Ezio's iconic robe (even though it's for all Master Assassins in Rome) in the franchise. It's what they relentlessly market him with, whether its figures, prints, posters, replicas, cosplay, etc. Brotherhood was the peak of Ezio's reign over the franchise and it's what Ubisoft considers to symbolize him.

I believe if Giovanni had a smaller appearance in the franchise (like, non of the short, live action film), the AC:2 robe may have been more prominent. But speaking of which, I also want Ratohnhaketon's TToKW robe, Ezio's AC:R robe, Adewale's robe, and hell, why not Nikolai's for a change.

And AC4's is technically Duncan Walpole's so I don't get the point either. The robes in those games very much belonged to the protagonists who laid claim on them (we all refer to them as "Edward's robes" after all) so there's absolutely no issue with AC2's outfit returning as a legacy piece.

Yes, but Edward heavily modified Duncan's robe after his impersonation. Don't me wrong, I have no problem with AC:2's robe. I hate AC:B's robes and would much rather prefer it over that.

Fatal-Feit
10-23-2014, 07:34 PM
However I have to agree with dimbismp's comment above and ask whether this is PC graphics or console.

That looks very much like console graphics.

Xstantin
10-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Yes, but Edward heavily modified Duncan's robe after his impersonation. Don't me wrong, I have no problem with AC:2's robe. I hate AC:B's robes and would much rather prefer it over that.

Then again technically Ezio modified the robes as well with all the armor pieces by that logic. :)

marvelfannumber
10-23-2014, 07:41 PM
The Brotherhood Robe is Ezio's iconic robe (even though it's for all Master Assassins in Rome) in the franchise. It's what they relentlessly market him with, whether its figures, prints, posters, replicas, cosplay, etc. Brotherhood was the peak of Ezio's reign over the franchise and it's what Ubisoft considers to symbolize him.

I guess it could be the symbolic peak of Ezio's 'reign' but not the actual peak.

Here are some sales figures over the course of 1 year for AC2 and Brotherhood (from what I could find):

AC2: 9 million copies
ACB: 6.5 million copies

So technically by sales AC2 would be Ezio's peak.

I have no idea what point I am trying to make.

ACfan443
10-23-2014, 07:41 PM

Makes no difference whether Edward modified them or not, they still originally belonged to Walpole. Ezio modified his robes with armour, weapons and dyes - so either way, in the games, those outfits belonged to the protagonists.

Fatal-Feit
10-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I guess it could be the symbolic peak of Ezio's 'reign' but not the actual peak.

Here are some sales figures over the course of 1 year for AC2 and Brotherhood (from what I could find):

AC2: 9 million copies
ACB: 6.5 million copies

So technically by sales AC2 would be Ezio's peak.

I have no idea what point I am trying to make.

AC:2 is more of the symbolic peak of franchise, than anything else. But to further my point,

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed/hoodies/assassins-creed-ezio-brotherhood-hoodie
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed/figurines/ezio-auditore-figurine-by-coarse/
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed/prints/red-lineage-collection/ezio-auditore-print

And even the picture with all of the Assassins has Ezio in his Brotherhood robe. It's silly, but that's how it is.

Then again technically Ezio modified the robes as well with all the armor pieces by that logic. :)

Ezio's armor pieces were placed over the robe. He didn't butcher it up and used straps or belts to connect and attach the pieces or anything. :p

Makes no difference whether Edward modified them or not, they still originally belonged to Walpole. Ezio modified his robes with armour, weapons and dyes - so either way, in the games, those outfits belonged to the protagonists.

Edward and AC:2 Ezio aren't a good example, IMO. They're debatable, but I get what you're trying to say. --> All of the robes have been inherited. My point was, AC:B's robe is iconic for Ezio.

marvelfannumber
10-23-2014, 08:10 PM
And even the picture with all of the Assassins has Ezio in his Brotherhood robe. It's silly, but that's how it is.

Yeah I know, I am just pointing out how silly it is.

dimbismp
10-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Am i the only one that i liked ACB robes the most?For me:ACB>AC3>AC4>AC1>ACR>AC2

Regarding Unity's default robes,i initially loved them,but now i grew tired of them after so many trailers etc..So i should change some parts of it as soon as customisation is available.

Megas_Doux
10-23-2014, 08:32 PM
I would like to use AC II´s robes as well, but ACB´s seem to be the most iconic ones. Lke 90% of the Non AC media in which Ezio is featured, he is wearing those robes.....

DeluxedMass
10-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Brotherhood's robes were and are always better than AC 2's.

Relmar_Vel
10-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Beautiful looking game, real work of art there.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/79/79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b0406 65280337e74d7e.jpg

Namikaze_17
10-23-2014, 09:37 PM
The only Assassins to have original robes were Altair & Revelations Ezio.

AC2 Ezio robes were Giovanni's...
ACB Ezio robes were Machiavelli's.
Connor's robes were supposed to belong to Achilles's Son.

And Edward's were Duncan Walpole's.

------------------------------------

But Paris and the side activities look great! Hopefully there's fast travel. ^_^

LoyalACFan
10-23-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm usually extremely positive, but this beta build was pretty glitchy. Hopefully the final build looks better.

That clip leaked for the first time like two months ago, so it's very outdated now if it makes you feel any better.

Ureh
10-23-2014, 11:02 PM
1:13 The War Mace is considered a non lethal weapon. xD

1:26 Is that a child or an adult? Maybe it's Richebourg...? or not! I'd certainly like to meet this kid.

1:57 Yes! Arno has the ultra long robes in this scene.

2:25 Yay! Legacy outfits.

Wolfmeister1010
10-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Graphics looks...better lol.

KATANA??? YAAAAASSSSSSSS
CAFE THEATRE LOOKS AWESOME.

pacmanate
10-24-2014, 12:04 AM
You know this footage can be from different builds right? I highly doubt you can change robe length

BandicootBeav
10-24-2014, 12:09 AM
the black guy at 2:26 is most likely Chevalier de Saint-Georges..... he was half black/half white and was considered one of the best swordsman in Europe...it would make sense for him to be Arno's trainer along with Pierre....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_de_Saint-Georges

The voice actor for him seems to be Miltos Yerolemou the dude who plays Syrio Forel in Game of Thrones. Im 95% sure. If so that's awesome, would love to hear some Syrio quotes in there as he helps train Arno. Can anyone comfirm this?

Ureh
10-24-2014, 12:17 AM
You know this footage can be from different builds right? I highly doubt you can change robe length

Yeah that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the scene but I can't help but hope against all odds. :p

uneducatedlogic
10-24-2014, 12:32 AM

It'd be even more fantastic if we got everyone of Ezio's robes. I'm a sucker for his AC2 robes and I haven't been able to wear them since 2. :(

m4r-k7
10-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Need AC 2's outfit!

Other than that, I think Arno's default outfit might be my second favourite of the series (after AC 2's robes)
I normally prefer the traditional white and red but man they did such a great job designing Arno's robes. Its actually a mix of Assassin and 18th century French fashion!

In terms of the trailer, these side quests are looking great. Paris is looking up to be one of the best cities in the franchise. Also, KATANAS!!!! (There is so going to be either a China or Japan game within the next two years, there have been so many hints now)

MakimotoJin
10-24-2014, 03:06 AM
It'd be even more fantastic if we got everyone of Ezio's robes. I'm a sucker for his AC2 robes and I haven't been able to wear them since 2. :(

So many outfits could be used.
Armor of Altair,Adewale's robes,even Haytham's would be nice as well.

Megas_Doux
10-24-2014, 03:34 AM
" I want the Armor of Brutus back"

Said NO ONE, EVER!

marvelfannumber
10-24-2014, 05:20 AM
" I want the Armor of Brutus back"

Said NO ONE, EVER!

....I liked the Armor of Brutus......

Am i the only one that i liked ACB robes the most?For me:ACB>AC3>AC4>AC1>ACR>AC2

I just personally never liked the Brotherhood ones because

A. They looked way too much like Altair's robes, only with a little bit of red added. It just looked awfully generic and not period enough.

B. It's WAY too conspicious. The entire thing is flashing white in the burning italian sun, how is anyone supposed to sneak around like that? Atleast with Altair it made sense since the scholars of his time were also dressed in white.

Megas_Doux
10-24-2014, 05:29 AM
Really?????

That is the most hideous thing in existence, so bulky and kitschy is not even fair. That outfit is the exact opposite of what I am looking for in an assassin, not even kratos would wear that.

marvelfannumber
10-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Really?????

That is the most hideous thing in existence, so bulky and kitschy is not even fair. That outfit is the exact opposite of what I am looking for in an assassin, not even kratos would wear that.

To each his own I guess. I think maybe the grey was a bit ugly, but other than that I had no real issues.

Megas_Doux
10-24-2014, 05:35 AM
To each his own I guess. I think maybe the grey was a bit ugly, but other than that I had no real issues.

I found the skirt and fur particularly disgusting haha. Thing is I prefer the outfits to be as sleek as possibe and that is why Altair´s and Arno´s are my favorite so far. Captain Pirate -Edward- being high in my rankings too.

Also explains why I found ACB´s, despite the fact I like its design, to be kinda stupid. It is a XVI century version of batman, that outfit almost screams haha.

Farlander1991
10-24-2014, 05:43 AM

You'll be surprised how many things can change in a month.

Short answer is - A LOOOOOOOOT. Well, not in terms of content or new features (that's usually pretty time consuming) but in terms of polish for sure.

marvelfannumber
10-24-2014, 05:48 AM
I found the skirt and fur particularly disgusting haha. Thing is I prefer the outfits to be as sleek as possibe and that is why Altair´s and Arno´s are my favorite so far. Captain Pirate -Edward- being high in my rankings too.

I actually kinda liked the fur, it reminded me a bit of the armor at the beginning of Gladiator (it was quite poorly rendered though)

Then again I am not much of a minimalist so I guess that's why.

Also explains why I found ACB´s, despite the fact I like its design, to be kinda stupid. It is a XVI century version of batman, that outfit almost screams haha.

Atleast Batman wears darker colors and only goes out during the night, the Brotherhood outfit just screams "HERE I AM GUYS! KILL ME NAOW!"

Ureh
10-24-2014, 05:57 AM
The concept art of the armor of Brutus looks awesome but the in-game model doesn't really match. I guess it was "ahead of its time"? Maybe with better graphics it could've looked amazing.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140209123238/assassinscreed/images/3/3d/Armour_of_Romulus.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
10-24-2014, 06:03 AM
wow so immersive

so seamless

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-24-2014, 07:31 AM

Regarding Unity's default robes,i initially loved them,but now i grew tired of them after so many trailers etc..So i should change some parts of it as soon as customisation is available.

I disagree with your order but I do LOVE the ACB robes. Then again, I'm a sucker for the classic white/red sash combo. I always describe the differences between AC2 and ACB's robes like this:

AC2's robes were a Renaissance outfit with Assassin flair.
ACB's robes were an Assassin outfit with Renaissance flair.

Subtle difference. To me, ACB's robes looked more like Altair's original robes only made during the Renaissance.

For me, I think my favorite outfits are

ACB > AC1 = AC3 > ACL = ACR > AC2 > AC4.

That order is subject to change randomly too haha

egriffin09
10-24-2014, 02:29 PM
The assassination contracts will be much better now that they have a narrative element to each of them "paris stories". Hopefully there will be atleast 20 of them. Which would be plenty since they now have a narrative as opposed to around 30 contracts from other AC games that where pretty much go to this spot and kill your target.

Man, I wish AC:U was still set for Oct 28th instead of Nov. 11th.

onzentini
10-24-2014, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4WPV-aOfo

In Assassin’s Creed Unity, you will evolve in an open Paris with 7 different lively districts. From palaces to slums, you will enjoy exciting and diversified side missions. Play all new single player side quests such as murder mysteries and team up with your friends in the brand new "Heist Missions".

My question is: I am a Dutch history teacher and like to use Assassins Creed in my lessons (New York, Rome, Istanbul).
But I have no time to play the entire game. Does anyone know if the complete map of Unity is accessible from the beginning, and if not, is there a way to get that. (And I don't mean letting my students play the game to access the entire city).

Sushiglutton
10-24-2014, 03:03 PM
I love how Arno is actually drinking coffe at the Café the Theatre. For whatever reason I actually didn't anticipate that lol. Murder mysteries could be interesting and I love how they are trying to add more narrative to the side activities.

LoyalACFan
10-24-2014, 05:33 PM
My question is: I am a Dutch history teacher and like to use Assassins Creed in my lessons (New York, Rome, Istanbul).
But I have no time to play the entire game. Does anyone know if the complete map of Unity is accessible from the beginning, and if not, is there a way to get that. (And I don't mean letting my students play the game to access the entire city).

I don't believe they've released a clean version of the entire map yet. The closest thing we have is this

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ACU_ART_PARIS_MAP_GC_140812_325pmCET_1407788431.jp g

BTW, you sound like an awesome teacher ;)

LoyalACFan
10-24-2014, 05:35 PM
I love how Arno is actually drinking coffe at the Café the Theatre. For whatever reason I actually didn't anticipate that lol. Murder mysteries could be interesting and I love how they are trying to add more narrative to the side activities.

Yeah, I hope there are random things like this you can interact with at the Cafe, just to make it feel homey and authentic. That was part of my beef with the homestead; all the NPC behaviors were awesome, but there was very little that Connor could actually interact with.

marvelfannumber
10-24-2014, 05:37 PM
I don't believe they've released a clean version of the entire map yet. The closest thing we have is this

Well there is also this:

http://i.imgur.com/YabdahW.jpg

It looks pretty similar to that map actually.

Ureh
10-24-2014, 06:09 PM

Can't remember where I read this but the entire map of Paris is not accessible from the beginning (Someone please correct me if you have accurate info). You first play Arno as a boy growing up in Versailles. Then he becomes a man and can explore a single distrct in Paris. Afterwards he joins the Assassins (in Sequence 3, I think?! which I heard takes about 2.5-3 hrs to reach?) then the whole city of Paris is open for you to explore. I'm guessing you'll have to discover all the landmarks, before showing your students, so that you can use the fast-travel system to reach them quickly.

Unfortunately I didn't save these sources so I my poor memory might just be making it all up. Hopefully someone knows for certain!

Yeah remember after Edward drinks some rum his vision goes all blurry? Maybe Arno will get a speed boost or something after he has some coffee?! :p

SlyTrooper
10-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah remember after Edward drinks some rum his vision goes all blurry? Maybe Arno will get a speed boost or something after he has some coffee?! :p

#Next-gen

MakimotoJin
10-24-2014, 06:44 PM

He drinks some rum,sleeps and wakes up in a haystack.It even gives you a achievement xD