PDA

View Full Version : iOS Soft Launch Players Missing Halloween Content

Just_Shogun
10-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Hi Trials Frontier Players,

Some of you have been with for a while, since before the beginning, we're talking soft launch here! Unfortunately the latest update has an issue that will affect players who have been exploring Trials' Frontier from the beginning. Soft launch players on iOS will not be able to access some portions of the limited edition Halloween content. The reason for this is that some features may have left data behind that confuses the Halloween logic. The way these features work was changed during the soft launch, so players who started playing the game after the soft launch are unaffected. The impacted players are the ones who downloaded the first update we released after the soft launch of the game in December (released on 18th February version number 1.2.0). If you see the Pumpkin King in the saloon your game is not affected. Here are the exact details of what’s accessible to them and what’s not:

Available to Soft launch players:

Halloween bundle (Pumpkin king outfit, Halloween bike skin for the Mantis, 540,000 coins + 200 Gems for €8.99 ($9.99).
4 out of 9 Halloween bike skins purchasable from garage. Namely, Boogeyman, Mr. Bones, the Gourd and Venom.

Not available to soft launch players

All 9 Halloween bike skins as rewards from the loot wheel. 5 of which are not available for sale in garage.
4 new Halloween tracks. Namely, Doom drop, Pumpkin Patch, Haunted Hallows and Terror Tower.
Halloween missions.

Unfortunately, due to technical constraints we cannot dynamically fix the issue. We need a local file from your device in order to resolve the problem. If you are experiencing this issue you can follow the below instructions to get the missing content.

Install iFunBox: http://www.i-funbox.com/ on your computer.
Connect your device to computer.
Just to be safe, close the Trials Frontier app from your device if you have it running (double-tap the home button and swish the app away from the list).
Using iFunbox, navigate to this path ifunboxāConnected devicesāUser applicationāTrials Frontierā DocumentsāPlayer.bin.
Copy Player.bin to your computer and mail it to either our Customer support or to store-support@redlynx.com (file:///\\store-support@redlynx.com).
Once you have the fixed file, copy it back to the same location. Make sure you don't have the game running, even in the background while doing so. Otherwise, the changes won't take effect.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for sticking with us since the beginning.

Update: Nov. 4th -
We have deployed a fix on iOS for players receiving the Mr. Bones skin instead of the Venom skin, as reported by players following the launch of the Halloween update. This update will be coming to Android soon.

xitooner
10-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Oh dude, this kinda sucks. :) Awesome game though. Some questions:

1) I have two IDs/games; one that started in beta phase, and one that I recently started about a month ago. I switch back and forth via logging into uplay. Can you confirm that my second ID is unaffected, and only my first ID has this trouble?

2) Pretty sure due to my 2-ID experience (and playing the game on both ipad and iphone) that literally everything about my session is stored on the server. Pretty sure you would have told us to reinstall the game if it was a purely local issue. So.... why cant you just grab our data off your servers and clean it up?

3) Does it matter if we have already started playing this content and are partway through?

4) This is a time-sensitive Halloween update (certain aspects are anyway). How long will you expect to have our player.bin? What happens to the Halloween aspect if you take too long? ie would we be able to still get the Halloween tracks and other things not available to soft launchers at this time? Is fixing these player.bins a priority for you once we send them?

5) Suppose I give you my player.bin and it takes... 10 days before you have it repaired. Suppose I play in the meantime; upgrade bikes, collect money on slots, etc.? What happens when the day comes that you say my player.bin is fixed; please confirm (I strongly suspect) that essentially everything about my ID will be reset back to the time I gave you the player.bin? Is there anything that WONT be reset back (like any World records set by the users ID? Never was sure if that was a part of the saved content or not...)

FR-GSpiritz
10-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Nice question 5 xitooner :x

I have no problem apparently!

edit : I'm in the mission 2 and requires 500 pumpkins. I currently have 425 pumpkins but there are more available race to win new pumpkins. How?

joeloxford39
10-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Looks like I got most of the stuff... but I didn't get the offer yet... I am NOT a beta player either.

Ch4er0n
10-23-2014, 08:02 PM
thx for letting us know shifty, sent my info along

apocalypso02
10-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Im confused because its saying softlaunch-users cant get a bike skin reward from the loot wheel, but i did ! I got the venom skin for berserker and i even spend some gems to get it, i checked my garage and no i still gotta buy it for 75 gems... great ive lost gems for nothing... and secondly im not getting halloween missions at all soooooo im thiking im screwed, im kinda bummed we dont have any kind of compensation and now i have to send them a file and probably cant play in the meantime.... Happy halloween right? Meh... until we have more infos about thoses questions that xitooner asked, cant do anything. I fail to understand how i will get thoses halloween stuff done if i cant even play it ? So much for being a soft launch user... its just problems after problems :(

SerenityJoshi
10-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi,

We can fix your file quite quickly so please follow the above mentioned steps and mail it to us ASAP. Also, if you are able to play see the Halloween missions your account doesn't have the issue. Enjoy the update!

Thanks!

p0k-
10-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Hey

I sent my player.bin file yesterday to store-support@redlynx.com, but didn't get an answer.

Do I need to do something else?

Thanks

Hi,

We can fix your file quite quickly so please follow the above mentioned steps and mail it to us ASAP. Also, if you are able to play see the Halloween missions your account doesn't have the issue. Enjoy the update!

Thanks!

SerenityJoshi
10-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks for sending the file. We will send the fixed version soon.

Deagle
10-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Thanks for sending the file. We will send the fixed version soon.
I have also sent my file. Still no response :/

p0k-
10-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Me neither.

SerenityJoshi could you just give us the process to edit the file ourselves?
It might be a quicker solution.

Deagle
10-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Me neither.

SerenityJoshi could you just give us the process to edit the file ourselves?
It might be a quicker solution.
I've just got my file back. Maybe yours is coming soon too :)

p0k-
10-24-2014, 04:22 PM
I hope so! :)
I'd love to be able to play this weekend.

Does it work for you now with the corrected file?

Deagle
10-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I hope so! :)
I'd love to be able to play this weekend.

Does it work for you now with the corrected file?

Yes, it does.

FR-GSpiritz
10-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Since all iOS players have a problem with the update, why not do a security update?

apocalypso02
10-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Just a quick question : How soon is soon ? , secondly will we have a email back ? or some kind of confirmation in game ?

xitooner
10-24-2014, 06:47 PM
There may not be a need to rush this after all....its been 16 hours since I completed the first Pumpkin King quest on my alternate ID (where we got Pumpkin Patch track) and he hasnt shown up again for the second quest. Seems like everyone else is the same. . . . everyone seems a little puzzled at the moment.... so even the people working may not be getting much farther than us. :)

xitooner
10-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Just got my player.bin back.... (16 hours from the time I sent it; one-day service is pretty nice). :)
Will install this evening when I get a chance....

arejohnny
10-25-2014, 03:38 AM
I had almost finished the 1200 pumpkins, still had around 1 day left to get 50 more pumpkins, and i log in and the pumpkin king sais "you failed the mission, you can't challenge me" and vanishes before the time was up. What's up with that? Ios 8.0

Arschnelson
10-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I had almost finished the 1200 pumpkins, still had around 1 day left to get 50 more pumpkins, and i log in and the pumpkin king sais "you failed the mission, you can't challenge me" and vanishes before the time was up. What's up with that? Ios 8.0

same problem here. It remained 67 hours for the quest and I stook in the second stage and the Pumpking King said that I failed the mission. So how can I fix this problem? Do I have to send you my player.bin?

Thanks

Albino_Zombie
10-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone here. I thought I had screwed something up. Coz I was in the middle of the 3rd challenge with plenty of time left. Then it failed. I thought the kid triggered it with his "15 front/back flips in an hour" challenge. Coz after I failed that one, I auto failed the pumpkin king's.

xitooner
10-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Wanted to say thanks for getting my player.bin fixed and back to me so fast! I have now completed the first Pumpkin King quest and gotten Pumpkin Patch... so I have caught up with everyone else (why the other Pumpkin King quests are not starting is a bit of a mystery. . . but at least we are all in the same boat now) :)

arejohnny
10-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone here. I thought I had screwed something up. Coz I was in the middle of the 3rd challenge with plenty of time left. Then it failed. I thought the kid triggered it with his "15 front/back flips in an hour" challenge. Coz after I failed that one, I auto failed the pumpkin king's.

It wasn't that you failed the 15 flips, i succeeded but interestingly enough, right after that quest the pumpkin king left. Maybe it was the quest? or general ios 8.0 stuff.. i sent them email, we will see..

Arschnelson
10-25-2014, 11:29 PM
I got the same problem after this quest. Maybe its the quest?
Do I have to send them my player.bin? I think they should release a patch so that other player won't got this problem.

arejohnny
10-26-2014, 03:18 PM
I got the same problem after this quest. Maybe its the quest?
Do I have to send them my player.bin? I think they should release a patch so that other player won't got this problem.

I found the problem, it's the quest, but not this specific.. ANY timed quest when it's over, causes the pumpkin king to fail. I was able to replicate this with the kid giving me another timed quest for an hour, i completed it, and when the hour was up, the pumpkin king quest failed also.
Redlynx, fix this, give us our pumpkins back, or give us extended time for the event.

xitooner
10-26-2014, 09:21 PM
I found the problem, it's the quest, but not this specific.. ANY timed quest when it's over, causes the pumpkin king to fail. I was able to replicate this with the kid giving me another timed quest for an hour, i completed it, and when the hour was up, the pumpkin king quest failed also.
Redlynx, fix this, give us our pumpkins back, or give us extended time for the event.

Guys, just pointing this out... I dont think the problem you guys are having has anything to do with the "Soft Launch" people this topic was for. None of you were Soft-launchers, were you? I thinik its great you guys are making progress at diagnosing how to avoid the bug, but this entire conversation would aid everyone better if it wasnt hidden in a topic where only Soft-launchers tend to look. I poliltely suggest you make your own topic so the devs (and other players) will see it right there in big bold letters when they see the active topics of the day.

p0k-
10-27-2014, 10:21 AM
The fact that it still does not work for you even with the corrected player.bin gives me some satisfaction even if I didn't get mine back whereas I sent it on Thursday ;)

llDumptruckll
10-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Guys, just pointing this out... I dont think the problem you guys are having has anything to do with the "Soft Launch" people this topic was for. None of you were Soft-launchers, were you? I thinik its great you guys are making progress at diagnosing how to avoid the bug, but this entire conversation would aid everyone better if it wasnt hidden in a topic where only Soft-launchers tend to look. I poliltely suggest you make your own topic so the devs (and other players) will see it right there in big bold letters when they see the active topics of the day.

I agree. Whether or not the pumpkin missions are glitching out for normal players isn't really the topic here. The issue that remains, is that players who participated in the soft launch are experiencing problems in other aspects of the game. Regardless of fixing the pumpkin king missions, soft launchers who are still playing, still need their files fixed and unfortunately there's no way to fix the bugs soft launchers are experiencing without physically getting in and manually fixing the file. As is why we've been asked to send in our files.

At least they are getting the files fixed and sent back within 1-2 business days. Meaning no one is at the office on Saturday or Sunday.

xLGZ
10-31-2014, 12:44 AM
JESUSSSSSS, its been 3 days im trying everything to make it work! Im a soft launch player fml. Whyyy us, just why