PDA

View Full Version : Will the modern day storyline progress more in Rogue then Unity?

Radman500
10-21-2014, 04:45 AM
we know rogue modern day, will be similar to black flag, at abstergo entertainment walking around etc.

we arn't entirely sure on unity's modern storyline yet

so will md story progress more in rogue then unity

Ichrukia56
10-21-2014, 07:30 AM
I say wait and see once we play the game :)

The_Kiwi_
10-21-2014, 10:43 AM
I believe it will

But what I want to know is the chronology of it
Does Unity MD happen before, during or after Rogue's MD?

Either way though, I think Rogue will have more MD progression as it will continue the Abstergo story
But, I guess we'll find out...

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Unity (IMO) will certainly have the most meaningful modern day content (but this doesn't mean it'll be better in terms of gameplay) since it's where Ubisoft's focus is, it's the new AC after all and not the recycle fest ACRo is...

pirate1802
10-21-2014, 01:40 PM
lolnope

cawatrooper9
10-21-2014, 03:17 PM
I think Unity will move the story to something that we simply cannot predict right now, while Rogue will be more of a fanservice.

SixKeys
10-21-2014, 03:19 PM
"Progress" indicates an actual plan.

Megas_Doux
10-21-2014, 04:14 PM
"Progress" indicates an actual plan.

Indeed, modern part right now is made up 90% of fan services and easter eggs and 10% of actual story.

Eurostar7
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
If you notice in Black Flag, when playing as Edward there is a Wifi signal icon on the very left on the bottom. Its the wifi from Abstergo Entertainment obviously, because there was no wifi in Edwards time. lol In AC Rogue, the same icon appears on the location of the screen. So i think its safe to say the modern day story is similar to the one in Black Flag. I wont go in details with the story but Initiates explains the whole modern day story in Black Flag. Shawn and Rebecca go to Abstergo Entertainment and with the help of their mole (the IT guy) they try to find Desmond's body and retrieve the cube with the drop of blood in it.

MakimotoJin
10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Although there were some nice things in AC4's MD storyline......I'm sad that Rogue will still have that.
I honestly don't know how it will work in Rogue.There was a sage,you work for Abstergo,you can hack.....and then what?Desmond's story was about him becoming a assassin and trying to save the world,but this new story is just......weird.I do not know at all what they will do for MD,and I hope it's something good.

Hans684
10-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Define "progress", thighs is just getting simpler and more locked(like glyphs, Initiates and regular DLC). I don't see a bright future for MD, even if it "stays" in whatever form it is in Unity. I care for it, it gives the things purpose, a reason to relive the life of X. The simpler it gets, the more I... I Can't find find a word for it. The story(of the games) won't have the same spark, other things like comics is still spot on but they come in small doses and with this like Shao Jun's "game" that is only going to be download, sadly no Vita version. I'm for the most part disappointed with Unity already, Rogue still has something. Except a current gen version.

zkorejo
10-21-2014, 06:15 PM
If you notice in Black Flag, when playing as Edward there is a Wifi signal icon on the very left on the bottom. Its the wifi from Abstergo Entertainment obviously, because there was no wifi in Edwards time. lol In AC Rogue, the same icon appears on the location of the screen. So i think its safe to say the modern day story is similar to the one in Black Flag. I wont go in details with the story but Initiates explains the whole modern day story in Black Flag. Shawn and Rebecca go to Abstergo Entertainment and with the help of their mole (the IT guy) they try to find Desmond's body and retrieve the cube with the drop of blood in it.

OOh sounds good. They can go full on "source code" and reveal that Desmond wasnt completely dead when Abstergo found him but is in a vegetative state (Explains why Juno isnt powerful enough) and has been wired to the machines that uses his brains as the source code for digging more information about the POEs and also Abstergo Entertainment.

Eurostar7
10-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah they can do that. When the IT guy dies in Black Flag MD, you become the new mole in Abstergo Entertainment. I forgot to mention that. So your work continues in first person view. I wonder what they are going to do with that, i think it'll be interesting. I think Desmond is still alive either physically or like in the movie Transcendence, inside the computers and the Animus and what not.

king-hailz
10-21-2014, 08:42 PM
No it will progress more in unity... rogue will just be like ac4 where we get a sideline story of what's going on in abstergo... but in unity there will be a little more progression.