PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that the AC series will become a XO or PS4 exclusive?

dimbismp
10-20-2014, 09:44 PM
?

HiddenKiller612
10-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Only if Ubisoft suddenly hates money.

Duckfeeler92
10-20-2014, 09:57 PM
This could link to the whole 900 fps debate, if Xbox 1 is really lagging behind, maybe ubisoft won't want to partner with microsoft anymore as ubisoft will have to adjust their games for them. Also when will this image vertification thing go away when i make posts? super annoying.

SHADOWGARVIN
10-20-2014, 10:06 PM
No, I don't think this will ever happen. Ubisoft would lose so much money.

MRNMRSPACER
10-20-2014, 11:12 PM
They wont, they would loose WAY too much money.

RinoTheBouncer
10-20-2014, 11:13 PM
A better title would be “Does Ubisoft plan on not only shooting themselves in the foot but sawing their legs off?”. I doubt it. Like only if they hate success, sales and their fans a lot.

hood3dassassin5
10-20-2014, 11:40 PM
That would make Ubisoft worse than EA

joelsantos24
10-20-2014, 11:44 PM
A better title would be “Does Ubisoft plan on not only shooting themselves in the foot but sawing their legs off?”. I doubt it. Like only if they hate success, sales and their fans a lot.
Exactly.

However, they've done this before, and related to my other favorite series, Splinter Cell. I'll never forgive them what they did with Conviction. It's still believed that Blacklist didn't sell that well, especially compared to Conviction, because their decision to make Conviction an Xbox 360 exclusive, therefore succeeding at alienating a comprehensive part of the Playstation community.

RinoTheBouncer
10-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Exactly.

However, they've done this before, and related to my other favorite series, Splinter Cell. I'll never forgive them what they did with Conviction. It's still believed that Blacklist didn't sell that well, especially compared to Conviction, because their decision to make Conviction an Xbox 360 (Microsoft) exclusive, therefore alienating a comprehensive part of the Playstation community.

I just hope they won’t do this again. Not with AC, at least. It’s their most important title now and it would be very unwise to alienate a whole community, at least not the PS4 community. They’ve proven to be the biggest fan base for AC.

joelsantos24
10-20-2014, 11:55 PM
I just hope they won’t do this again. Not with AC, at least. It’s their most important title now and it would be very unwise to alienate a whole community, at least not the PS4 community. They’ve proven to be the biggest fan base for AC.
Exactly, which is/was also the case with SC. Rumor has it, they received a ridiculous amount of money for that, so many believe (or speculate) they were willing and ready to promote and accept that same alienation, because it would simply pay-off. True or not, Blacklist didn't sell very well, so I'd say they were left with the fallout of that move.

RinoTheBouncer
10-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Exactly, which is/was also the case with SC. Rumor has it, they received a ridiculous amount of money for that, so many believe (or speculate) they were willing and ready to promote and accept that same alienation, because it would simply pay-off. True or not, Blacklist didn't sell very well, so I'd say they were left with the fallout of that move.

I hope they just ditched that move from that moment. What I fail to understand is how much money can such a deal possibly pay you that you cut off millions of buyers? I mean each game is sold for 59.99$, how much returns to Ubisoft from that, I don’t know, but say the game sells 10 million copies, some sort of a standard based on past AC games’ sales, that’s like $599,000,000. So how much can they possibly gain from a deal that makes them axe about half of that number? In my opinion, the deal only works when the company sort of desperate for the money and at the same time, totally unsure of the sales and would rather guarantee the money than wait and see.

ze_topazio
10-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Only if one of those consoles becomes the new PS2.

scooper121s
10-21-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah I can see them never doing this at all

joelsantos24
10-21-2014, 08:23 PM
I hope they just ditched that move from that moment. What I fail to understand is how much money can such a deal possibly pay you that you cut off millions of buyers? I mean each game is sold for 59.99$, how much returns to Ubisoft from that, I don’t know, but say the game sells 10 million copies, some sort of a standard based on past AC games’ sales, that’s like $599,000,000. So how much can they possibly gain from a deal that makes them axe about half of that number? In my opinion, the deal only works when the company sort of desperate for the money and at the same time, totally unsure of the sales and would rather guarantee the money than wait and see.
I'm totally with you. To this day, I still don't understand how they could ditch (possibly) 2/3 of their fan-base or regular clients, for any amount of money. It's an irrational move, in my humble opinion, and I can't really blame many of the PS fans that erased Ubisoft and SC from their lives, entirely.

Zafar1981
10-21-2014, 10:20 PM
In 2004 when Ubisoft start working on original Assassin's Creed game it was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive but with good sale of 360 they made it for multi platform. As this series is doing exceptionally well on both PS and Xbox I don't think that it would become an exclusive title unless Sony or Microsoft buy it from Ubisoft.

LoyalACFan
10-21-2014, 10:32 PM
In 2004 when Ubisoft start working on original Assassin's Creed game it was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive but with good sale of 360 they made it for multi platform. As this series is doing exceptionally well on both PS and Xbox I don't think that it would become an exclusive title unless Sony or Microsoft buy it from Ubisoft.

This was probably just because the PS2 trounced the first Xbox (can't call it Xbox 1 anymore...) so they figured Sony's utter dominance would continue into the next gen. It didn't, so it became a cross-platform title.

cawatrooper9
10-22-2014, 02:27 AM
I seriously doubt it. Like, it's hardly even worth discussing.
However, if it were to happen, I think they'd favor Sony. It seems like the PlayStation systems get better- well, at least more- exclusive content.

joelsantos24
10-22-2014, 09:28 AM
This was probably just because the PS2 trounced the first Xbox (can't call it Xbox 1 anymore...) so they figured Sony's utter dominance would continue into the next gen. It didn't, so it became a cross-platform title.
Well, the X360 was launched a year ahead of the PS3, and still, the PS3 was able to globally surpass it (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total). I agree with you on the "utter" argument, for the dominance was no longer absolutely overwhelming, but nonetheless, that dominance was still a fact. Regarding the PS4 vs. X1, that PS dominance became overwhelming once again.

The_Kiwi_
10-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Only if Ubisoft suddenly hates money.

We all know that won't ever happen

If AC was to go exclusive though, it would be a PS4 exclusive, seeing as AC was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive anyway

I'm totally with you. To this day, I still don't understand how they could ditch (possibly) 2/3 of their fan-base or regular clients, for any amount of money. It's an irrational move, in my humble opinion, and I can't really blame many of the PS fans that erased Ubisoft and SC from their lives, entirely.

They already have ditched 2/3 of their fanbase when they made Unity, more people have PS3/360 than PS4/X1
I agree with you, but that part of your argument is flawed
If they ditched PS4 users in favour of Xbox, I'm sure they'd weave some "creative decision" excuse

joelsantos24
10-22-2014, 10:01 AM
We all know that won't ever happen

If AC was to go exclusive though, it would be a PS4 exclusive, seeing as AC was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive anyway
Well, it's not exactly so.

As @RinoTheBouncer and I were talking about, Ubisoft has done this before with Splinter Cell, specifically with Conviction, making it an Xbox exclusive. All of this while the PS costumers were largely superior in numbers. So, did Ubisoft stop loving money back then? As Rino said himself, it's ludicrous to even think about the ridiculous amount of money they were payed by Microsoft, to even consider ditching the vastly more numerous PS clients, all in exchange for an exclusivity deal. A few posts above, I said this deal must've paid off, at least in their heads, because they accepted it, and Conviction sold well. The problem is, many devoted PS and SC fans completely erased both the franchise and the company, out of their minds and lives. And Blacklist didn't do very well. Not as far as I am concerned, because I value SC much more than I do Ubisoft and their interests, so I bought Blacklist and I absolutely loved it.

However, I've been reading about recent additional rumors that Ubisoft is re-considering turning SC into an Xbox exclusive, once again. Obviously, in light of Blacklist's poor results. I don't know if this is actually true or if it'll turn out to become true, but if it does, I'll genuinely be through with Ubisoft and their games, even AC, I'll guarantee it.

All of this to say, yes, I'm genuinely afraid Ubisoft will consider sometime in the near future, making AC into another Xbox exclusive. We all know Microsoft is breathing down Ubisoft's neck, and we know how they work and move throughout their business, so I truly believe there's reason to fear.

The_Kiwi_
10-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Well they might have made Conviction an Xbox exclusive for the money Microsoft (supposedly) gave them
So I still think Ubisoft will never hate money

If Ubisoft is to make AC an exclusive, it will be because of money, but the company that pays the most will get the game

If AC does go Xbox exclusive, I will break into every house in the world and destroy every Xbox One ever sold
In a Santa costumeOn ChristmasThat way I can plead insanity when I get arrested...

joelsantos24
10-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Well they might have made Conviction an Xbox exclusive for the money Microsoft (supposedly) gave them
So I still think Ubisoft will never hate money

If Ubisoft is to make AC an exclusive, it will be because of money, but the company that pays the most will get the game

If AC does go Xbox exclusive, I will break into every house in the world and destroy every Xbox One ever sold
In a Santa costumeOn ChristmasThat way I can plead insanity when I get arrested...
Well, yes, but... As Rino said, and very well, if you consider the price of games along with the vastly larger number of PS fans or clients, that would mean a ridiculous amount of profit. About the term "paying-off", I was being ironic, because it's mind-bothering to even assume they paid Ubisoft more than the extrapolated income from the larger number of PS clients.

Like I said, they were left with the fallout of that move: the amazing Blacklist, unfortunately a grenade that literally blew on their hands. And now, with a considerably alienated PS community, they might've even more purpose to turn exclusively towards Microsoft.

By the way, in case this happens and you go on a rampage across the world on Christmas Eve, don't just smash every single Xbox on this Planet, burn them, burn them all! :cool:

The_Kiwi_
10-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Well, yes, but... As Rino said, and very well, if you consider the price of games along with the vastly larger number of PS fans or clients, that would mean a ridiculous amount of profit. About the term "paying-off", I was being ironic, because it's mind-bothering to even assume they paid Ubisoft more than the extrapolated income from the larger number of PS clients.

Like I said, they were left with the fallout of that move: the amazing Blacklist, unfortunately a grenade that literally blew on their hands. And now, with a considerably alienated PS community, they might've even more purpose to turn exclusively towards Microsoft.

By the way, in case this happens and you go on a rampage across the world on Christmas Eve, don't just smash every single Xbox on this Planet, burn them, burn them all! :cool:

What fallout would happen if they made AC an Xbox exclusive though? All I can see happening is Microsoft paying Ubisoft like a ******, Xbox fanboys becoming even more obnoxious, a slight drop in sales, and then Microsoft gets a win by selling more Ones.
The only possible fallout would be if AC went back to PS4, but I don't think Ubisoft would make that mistake again.

And if this rampage happens, I'll break into the chemistry lab at uni and douse each Xbox in hydrochloric acid :cool:

joelsantos24
10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
What fallout would happen if they made AC an Xbox exclusive though? All I can see happening is Microsoft paying Ubisoft like a ******, Xbox fanboys becoming even more obnoxious, a slight drop in sales, and then Microsoft gets a win by selling more Ones.
The only possible fallout would be if AC went back to PS4, but I don't think Ubisoft would make that mistake again.

And if this rampage happens, I'll break into the chemistry lab at uni and douse each Xbox in hydrochloric acid :cool:
Well, regarding AC fans, I'm not entirely sure but if SC is any proof, then the PS fans largely outnumber the Xbox one's. Regarding SC though, Ubisoft made Conviction an Xbox exclusive, was payed a ridiculous amount of money for it, and Conviction still sold well. Was it then a win-win situation for Ubisoft? Unlikely. Blacklist was graded a triple-A game, had a huge budged, overwhelming expectations, and did even worse than Conviction. Why? Simple: because a very considerable part of the SC PS-based community (which is and was well known to be the vast majority, mind you), did what they swore they'd do, after Conviction was announced as an Xbox exclusive, and turned their backs on Ubisoft and their games. I felt this as strongly as they did at the time, but I still valued the series infinitely more than I do Ubisoft, so I stick around.

That was the fallout, regarding SC, of course. I have little or no doubts whatsoever, that the same would happen with AC and it's estimated largely bigger PS-based community.

That's way too elaborate for those pesky devices, smashing and burning them would do just nice, if you ask me. ;)

GoldenBoy9999
10-22-2014, 02:01 PM
D:

By the way, in case this happens and you go on a rampage across the world on Christmas Eve, don't just smash every single Xbox on this Planet, burn them, burn them all!
D:

And if this rampage happens, I'll break into the chemistry lab at uni and douse each Xbox in hydrochloric acid
D:

That's way too elaborate for those pesky devices, smashing and burning them would do just nice, if you ask me.
D:

Don't bring it out on us! Gosh, I picked the wrong console for the AC forum... I'll be protecting mine in a bulletproof box if this happens. At least I'd get to meet you though. ;)

Bastiaen
10-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Only if Ubisoft suddenly got stupid. Exclusivity servers no one.

marvelfannumber
10-22-2014, 02:16 PM

Yeah, exclusivity is such garbage and has no reason to exist.

Excuse me I'll just go and play me some Mario on the PS4.......wait

LoyalACFan
10-22-2014, 04:38 PM
It's very rare to see absolutely unanimous poll results on here, lol.

Regarding the PS4 vs. X1, that PS dominance became overwhelming once again.

Not to the same extent as PS2 vs. Xbox. PS2 was like the reigning god of the gaming market for a while.

joelsantos24
10-22-2014, 04:52 PM
D:

D:

D:

D:

Don't bring it out on us! Gosh, I picked the wrong console for the AC forum... I'll be protecting mine in a bulletproof box if this happens. At least I'd get to meet you though. ;)
Don't worry, it's nothing personal. :p

Totally agreed. I want to enjoy both SC and AC, and I don't want people with an Xbox to miss out on any of that, at the same time.

It's very rare to see absolutely unanimous poll results on here, lol.

Not to the same extent as PS2 vs. Xbox. PS2 was like the reigning god of the gaming market for a while.
Yeah, you're obviously right, I might've exaggerated before. PS is still dominant, no doubt, but not so overwhelmingly as it used to be with the PS2.

The_Kiwi_
10-22-2014, 10:46 PM
D:

D:

D:

D:

You said it, not me ;)

Exclusivity serves the company that makes it
That's all it is, business
And I'm not going to hate on a perfectly valid business practise

Plus, it gives an excuse for fanboys to argue, which is always fun to see :rolleyes:

"We've got Halo, beat that!!"
"Uh-hum... The Last of Us"
"Dammit!!"

And so on