PDA

View Full Version : Will Farcry 4 for PC be capped at 30fps ?

Bubb13s
10-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Is there any official word from ubisoft on whether Farcry 4 will be capped at 30 fps for the PC ?

BlastThyName
10-20-2014, 10:00 PM
I don't see why it would.

Galneryus
10-20-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't see why it would.

Because it happened for the new Assassin's Creed game on PS4 to match that of the Xbox One, probably so there'd be no fighting between the fanboys of each console.
But it's also happened for The Evil Within lately on all platforms, which is really annoying. Maybe people will just be paranoid it'll happen to more games.

StrayDog_RR
10-20-2014, 11:03 PM
ACU will be capped at 30 fps? Really?

BlastThyName
10-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Because it happened for the new Assassin's Creed game on PS4 to match that of the Xbox One, probably so there'd be no fighting between the fanboys of each console.
But it's also happened for The Evil Within lately on all platforms, which is really annoying. Maybe people will just be paranoid it'll happen to more games.
Consoles have nothing to do with PC. We don't care what's happening on PS4/XBO, the fact that they're aiming for parity is 100% irrelevant to PC gaming.

I've heard nothing about a 30fps cap on Unity or FC4 (PC).

I don't think either game will be limited to 30 but 120/144hz support is unlikely.

akilyoung
10-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Good lord, please dont ever utter pc and 30fps in the same sentence....

Flanker1Six
10-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Is there any official word from ubisoft on whether Farcry 4 will be capped at 30 fps for the PC ?

The last two weren't. Do you have any inside (as in from the Devs) info that would lead you to be concerned about this?

Flanker1Six
10-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Good lord, please dont ever utter pc and 30fps in the same sentence....

Unless you're playing an awful console crap port like Dead Rising 3 from those artful entertainment crafters at CRAPCOM. Ouch!!!!

GhostWind905
10-22-2014, 03:29 AM
I don't think either game will be limited to 30 but 120/144hz support is unlikely.

God I hope it can at least support 120hz. Why make a game that is cutting edge 2005 performance wise? people with a commodore 64 need to accept they will have to upgrade eventually to be able to play modern games. Why hold everyone else back to that level? And for 30fps limit, Why would that even exist? A good PC can get around 60fps, some higher end ones as high as 160+fps.

BlastThyName
10-22-2014, 10:39 AM
God I hope it can at least support 120hz. Why make a game that is cutting edge 2005 performance wise? people with a commodore 64 need to accept they will have to upgrade eventually to be able to play modern games. Why hold everyone else back to that level? And for 30fps limit, Why would that even exist? A good PC can get around 60fps, some higher end ones as high as 160+fps.
120/144hz is a niche not worth supporting for many publishers, sadly. Don't expect that to be the case.

The Crew will support 60fps in the final build so I wouldn't worry about Unity or FC4.

matty101yttam
10-23-2014, 06:46 AM
144hz and up is pretty much your competitive gamers, so while they may not be as big of an audience as casuals, there's still enough to warrant it.
It's also one of the boxes that need to be ticked to be classed as a AAA game imo.

GiveMeTactical
10-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Consoles have nothing to do with PC. We don't care what's happening on PS4/XBO, the fact that they're aiming for parity is 100% irrelevant to PC gaming.

In the real world I would concede this point. In the world we leave today though... nothing can be further from the truth when it comes to Ubi Titles and the poor and unoptimized console ports they have churned for PC and call them Finished AAA titles.

How many times have you tried to bind a key button on your keyboard only to learn that it wasn't ported correctly and now you have to wait for the miracle patch to play the game? I am not saying that FC4 will have the same fate as the Awesome Next-Gen Watch Dogs Title and its 2005 quality video but then again... this is UBI we are talking about so I will believe everything I read... Guilty until proven Innocent is my motto when it comes to UBI titles. :confused:

ES-Ulukai
11-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Someone talked about "The Evil Within", they patched the pc version to unlock the 30 fps limits.

I don't think Ubi will lock to 30 fps on pc versions, It's understandable for consoles because they are limited compared to a computer.

The components aren't the same on consoles and computers, so the pc can handle much more graphics, IA on screen etc...

Even if it's limited on pc someone would make a fix a fex days after game release.

RaZoRFINNISH
11-04-2014, 04:36 PM
You DON'T even have to *support* any refresh rate- DirectX does that AUTOMATICALLY for you. Whatever locks there are, they are nonsense, and only a sign of bad development.

GiveMeTactical
11-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I don't think Ubi will lock to 30 fps on pc versions, It's understandable for consoles because they are limited compared to a computer.
What we are going to get is almost the same thing that consoles will have, except, with a few more keyboard keys open (if that)... UBI console ports to PC are and have been a disaster since 2005.

The components aren't the same on consoles and computers, so the pc can handle much more graphics, IA on screen etc.. True but again... we are playing a console game badly coded and unoptimized for PC.

Even if it's limited on pc someone would make a fix a fex days after game release.
This is the only good thing we have look forward too... if you expect this to be done by UBI then you will be disappointed aside from a little light on the wallet :LOL:

LlKE_50_NINJAS
11-07-2014, 12:45 AM
http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/anton-shilov/ubisoft-far-cry-4-with-ultra-high-settings-will-look-the-same-on-pc-ps4-and-xb1/

your welcome

GiveMeTactical
11-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Alex Hutchinson, the creative director of Ubisoft Montreal, said in an interview with Major Nelson, that the ultra-high graphics setting of the Far Cry 4 on the PC will look exactly the same as the game will look on the new-generation consoles.

“Because we develop [Far Cry] on the PC, you’ve never really seen on console the ultra-high PC version before,” said Mr. Hutchinson, reports Softpedia. “So even out of the box, even day one, we just stuck the code on the new consoles and we were able to dial it all the way up. So as a console player you’re already getting by far the best version we can ship.”

Isn't this EXACTLY what they said about Watch Dogs and it turned out to be the total opposite? But I guess that since they wrote it on the Internet it must be true... :lol:

J_Darcy
11-11-2014, 02:49 PM
considering FC4 is using the same engine as its predecessor, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason to cap the fps on PC.

sometimes there are physx based reasons for capping the fps for more stable & immersive gameplay, but I don't believe this engine suffers from this problem

ES-Ulukai
11-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Ubisoft does not use Cryengine anymore since FC1 !

FC4 use Dunia Engine 2.0, it's a Ubisoft Engine.

tominatorx2010
11-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Dunia was based on Cryengine 1 and Dunia II is an upgraded version of the Dunia engine. But I don't know how much of the original engine is still present in Dunia II