PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Companion App Walkthrough

SHADOWGARVIN
10-20-2014, 02:44 PM
This was posted yesterday. It shows two unique gameplay features: glyph puzzles and nomad missions. You can unlock 63 exclusive in-game rewards with the companion app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ZqF3paFbg

PedroAntonio2
10-20-2014, 03:12 PM
What the....? So the Glyphs puzzles you just scan the area in your map, touch the symbol and that's it ? No puzzle ?

ACfan443
10-20-2014, 03:20 PM
- Taps glyphs
- "Puzzle solved"
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2727748211/c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

An almighty letdown.

pacmanate
10-20-2014, 03:22 PM
What -_-

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2014, 03:24 PM
OMGAWD the glyph puzzles are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! #not :nonchalance:

seriously now, how can someone in his/her right mind (knowing how the glyphs used to be in the past) think that THIS would be a better idea? I don't know what they've been taking but I certainly want some...

VitoAuditore
10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
great, even more rewards for doing stuff OUTSIDE the game. if initiates wasnt bad enough already >.>

PedroAntonio2
10-20-2014, 03:41 PM
That pretty much confirms that they are not going to throw back Desmond into the series by completing the Glyphs.

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2014, 03:43 PM
great, even more rewards for doing stuff OUTSIDE the game. if initiates wasnt bad enough already >.>

the next AC will be released exclusively on tablets and smartphones and you'll need to buy a console/PC copy (for the full price) to unlock rewards on it and Initiates... :D

Moultonborough
10-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Well.....that's a bit disappointing. I got no issue with Initiates but this is a whole other level. Just a side note you may want to put a "slight spoilers" tag on the title as the video lists a couple mission titles for Sequence 3.

Sushiglutton
10-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Who plans and strategize their AC-gaming on this level? This is the kind of tech I could see an elite soccer club using to analyze their players, or say the military or something. I mean it's AC. You go in, kill the guy marked with red and you get some rewards.

I suppose I could use it for my armchair-developing :confused:.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Well I won't be able to play Unity,even if I do,I'll lose so much content blocked by this app.What if someone's phone/tablet isn't able to play this app?Missing 63 rewards is sad.Really sad.

D.I.D.
10-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Seems alright to me. It might not be adding anything revolutionary, but it looks like I can turn off the HUD and prop my phone up on the desk as a live map, and that's a good thing. Plus, I can't be mad because they've actually made it for WP8 on day one!

ACfan443
10-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Well.....that's a bit disappointing. I got no issue with Initiates but this is a whole other level. Just a side note you may want to put a "slight spoilers" tag on the title as the video lists a couple mission titles for Sequence 3.

It's a good thing you pointed that out actually, I only watched the glyph demonstration part of the video and planned on watching the rest later, will avoid.

RinoTheBouncer
10-20-2014, 11:55 PM
What the....? So the Glyphs puzzles you just scan the area in your map, touch the symbol and that's it ? No puzzle ?

It feels...umm

http://37.media.tumblr.com/f3cf47a2aad28c0ea7af426226c24a58/tumblr_mj7ht8hWG51qlycwjo1_400.gif

Ureh
10-21-2014, 12:48 AM
I'm really impressed by the visual presentation of the app. Wasn't expecting something so fancy and ironed out like that.

---
Oh yeah I won't be able to use it. Darn antiquated phone.

pacmanate
10-21-2014, 12:50 AM
It feels...umm

http://37.media.tumblr.com/f3cf47a2aad28c0ea7af426226c24a58/tumblr_mj7ht8hWG51qlycwjo1_400.gif

I feel like I've been touched inappropriately.

Glyphs were one of the coolest parts of AC2. I cannot believe they just shoved them here and removed all meaning from them.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2014, 01:51 AM

Glyphs were one of the coolest parts of AC2. I cannot believe they just shoved them here and removed all meaning from them.

2 or 3 games from now you can bet that everything we'll have left from the modern days is a stupid HUD leading us to believe that we are working for the Assassins/Templars (Abstergo)/Initiates (that Helix thing?) with no actual story happening in the background (during the modern days) other than the excuse to relive the ancestor memory for research purposes..

pacmanate
10-21-2014, 01:54 AM
^ Thats what I think Rogue is doing. Speculation obvs, but the fact that people with next gen consoles are "missing out" so far leads me to believe whatever happens isnt really important and its more of a story to fill in the gap in the American Saga.

Fatal-Feit
10-21-2014, 02:03 AM
^ Thats what I think Rogue is doing. Speculation obvs, but the fact that people with next gen consoles are "missing out" so far leads me to believe whatever happens isnt really important and its more of a story to fill in the gap in the American Saga.

Rogue will be like AC:IV's. According to people who've had hands-on (Loomer included), there was an option to leave the Animus and explore the Abstergo Entertainment Office. Or something like that.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2014, 02:15 AM
Rogue will be like AC:IV's. According to people who've had hands-on (Loomer included), there was an option to leave the Animus and explore the Abstergo Entertainment Office. Or something like that.

not that this will make the MD any better (my opinion of course)

RinoTheBouncer
10-21-2014, 01:48 PM

I totally agree. They were one of the most story-driven, smart and intriguing parts of the game and they just took all that away. Really, what am I gaining by clicking on these symbols? nothing. At least let us find them in the game and solve them on the companion app. It would’ve been amazing if all these glyphs would be accessible on the iPad so that when we’re done playing/taking a break, we can go to the app and solve all these puzzles and they all pool into the game save file when we launch the game itself.

Too bad, this really feels reductive.

2 or 3 games from now you can bet that everything we'll have left from the modern days is a stupid HUD leading us to believe that we are working for the Assassins/Templars (Abstergo)/Initiates (that Helix thing?) with no actual story happening in the background (during the modern days) other than the excuse to relive the ancestor memory for research purposes..

That’s what terrifies me the most. The games were a marvel, an example of perfect story telling, conspiracies and connections between real life, in-game modern day, history, first civ. and real life conspiracy theories. Now we just have an hollow excuse to see a city in Europe or America between the 16th to 18th century.

Hans684
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
"Companion"

rokittmanwf
11-11-2014, 09:50 PM
So in order to fully experience the game that I just payed 60 bucks for is that I have to have a stupid app for a phone that I do possess nor will be possessing anytime soon. That is stupid. Will they fixing this so I can play those nomad missions in game or am I screwed out of content that I payed for? Not too thrilled about this. Seriously disappointed Ubisoft.

viperdemonz21
11-12-2014, 05:52 AM
need a windows phone app is there going to be one

viperdemonz21
11-12-2014, 05:53 AM
So in order to fully experience the game that I just payed 60 bucks for is that I have to have a stupid app for a phone that I do possess nor will be possessing anytime soon. That is stupid. Will they fixing this so I can play those nomad missions in game or am I screwed out of content that I payed for? Not too thrilled about this. Seriously disappointed Ubisoft.

some do not have android or ios what about them

My_Treehawk
11-12-2014, 06:15 AM
I do not own, nor can I get a smart phone and this appears to be a requirement of the game to acquire a good amount of material (63 exclusive in-game rewards) via the Companion App's relationship.

Will there be a way made available to access this exclusive material via a PC or other means?

This was not mentioned in the information I saw when I pre-ordered the digital game and I was seriously upset to discover it was a requirement once I was able to play. The exclusion of players from material based on their access or ownership on outside device (Technically you can access Initiates via your console) is extremely upsetting and IMHO, should have some means of access for those that do not possess such technology. This isolationism should not be tolerated, the content should be available to anyone that owns the proprietary platform for the game they bought - unless there is some serious disclaimer made to this effect when reviewing the product before sales.

AndreDionne
11-13-2014, 11:52 AM
How about this available for other smartphones. I have a BBM z30 and would like the option. Find it bs that most game apps for Android or iPhone WTF is with that crap? I'm not going to get another compatible device. How hard is it to make it available for other smart phones

KayBlaze01
11-13-2014, 12:05 PM
My issue with the AC Companion App is that I can't play it without having it connected to my PS4.

I know it's a "Companion" app, but the fact that I have to play it, whilst playing unity is distracting, at best.

When I attempt to go on to the App when it is not connected to my PS4, I have no assassins. :(:(:(:(:(

JustPlainQuirky
11-13-2014, 02:22 PM
only powering through this **** for the Altair robes.

RzaRecta357
11-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Yawn. People whining about the glyphs not meaing anything like Bellic didn't get tossed into half the prisons in paris just to find that chicken scratch.

MilsurpShooter
11-13-2014, 04:24 PM
If you don't own an Ipad, phone, or whatever it is, that allows you to use the companion app, can you still unlock the Platinum trophy for the game?

jimTheStripper
11-14-2014, 12:23 AM
completed the first missions, still not able to open any nomad chest, even in the same location on console as location in which companion missions are set