PDA

View Full Version : When will ACU/ACRo go gold? Will you go dark?

dimbismp
10-19-2014, 07:39 PM
22 LONG days till release!
I suppose the games will go gold soon,so that means that we will get leaks and ofc SPOILERS!
Also,i don't know about you guys,but i won't listen to any reviews/visit the forums until i have completed the game,so that i can create my own opinion about it.

Postscript:Sometimes the forums feel like they are dead so i have tocreate threads to get the conversation going...Maybe it has to do with the time zones.

Reaper-59
10-19-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm tempted to go dark now. But I definitely will when it goes gold.

rrebe
10-19-2014, 07:48 PM
I guess atm I've gone half dark, I don't really read any ACU/ACRo related news or reviews and when I visit the forums I'm careful with the thread titles and forum posts, not really avoiding but not going into details either.
I'm going completely dark maybe a week or so before ACU release date, and coming back after completing story missions. I don't know when I'm going to be able to play ACRo (PC release date not yet announced), but I'll try my best not to be spoiled too much (yea, mission impossible right there)

Beschikbaar
10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm getting dark soon aswell

SHADOWGARVIN
10-19-2014, 09:35 PM
24 days for us Europeans! I don't really care about spoilers. It doesn't bother me.

Reaper-59
10-19-2014, 09:47 PM
24 days for us Europeans! I don't really care about spoilers. It doesn't bother me.

25 days and 19 hours from now till I can play the game due to work. Seems like forever and a day away.

SHADOWGARVIN
10-19-2014, 09:58 PM
25 days and 19 hours from now till I can play the game due to work. Seems like forever and a day away.

I forgot that the UK has to wait one extra day. :(

SixKeys
10-19-2014, 10:03 PM
I don't care about Rogue spoilers at all. For Unity I'm avoiding the biggest spoilers. I don't read reviews that go into story details and I didn't look at the map legend that was posted a few days ago. I'll probably go dark 1-2 weeks before release. Good thing this is the first time PC players will get the game at the same time as consoles.

ACfan443
10-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Won't be long before Unity goes gold, team lead AI tweeted this:
http://i.imgur.com/8BZrg7z.jpg
https://twitter.com/aleissia/status/523125487183593472

Fatal-Feit
10-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Can't wait for all the spoilers.

Moultonborough
10-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Won't be long before Unity goes gold, team lead AI tweeted this:
http://i.imgur.com/8BZrg7z.jpg
https://twitter.com/aleissia/status/523125487183593472

Very cool to see. It can't be too long now. I say this week or next. Spoilers for AC:RO don't really bother me but Unity might. I doubt I will go dark at all which doesn't help my case.

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Meh...Neither game has really tempted me to buy them.

So I'll probably just keep coming here while watching those full movies that people make showing all the game's cutscenes. ;)

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 01:25 AM
I really don't want to see spoilers for Rogue,but it's too tempting...
But I'll embrace everything Unity has,since I won't get the game anyway.

So I'll probably just keep coming here while watching those full movies that people make showing all the game's cutscenes. ;)

Most "movies" show how the game is...*cough cough Destiny and its boring story cough cough*

GoldenBoy9999
10-20-2014, 02:06 AM

Whaaaat? All this time on the forums and discussion and you're not even going to buy one of the games this year? What is wrong with you?

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 02:19 AM
Whaaaat? All this time on the forums and discussion and you're not even going to buy one of the games this year? What is wrong with you?

We live in rough times, friend...

And so far, neither Rogue or Unity has convinced me to put down sixty bucks to get one of them.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 02:27 AM
We live in rough times, friend...

In the country I live in,Rogue is about 80 dollars,current-gen games are 100 dollars and a next-gen console is around 1.250.I'm lucky to buy a game,even though that game is Rogue =P

Namikaze_17
10-20-2014, 02:33 AM
But don't you technically live everywhere & nowhere ? :p

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 02:40 AM
But don't you technically live everywhere & nowhere ? :p

I'll hide my identity as long as necessary.
I'm also too ashamed to say where I live

Assassin_M
10-20-2014, 03:12 AM
I'm already mostly dark. This place sucks so much that I don't bother coming here as much anymore.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-20-2014, 03:17 AM
I'm already mostly dark. This place sucks so much that I don't bother coming here as much anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/ShlR3tx.jpg

pirate1802
10-20-2014, 07:23 AM

M my friend, what did this place do to you?

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 12:50 PM

So, what sites do you visit more often these days then? :rolleyes:

Totally not stalking...

pacmanate
10-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Don't worry, one of us oldies has to stick around.

This new blood is cray.

To answer OP - Will go Gold this week probably. I never go dark, I'd never be able to go back.

m4r-k7
10-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Damn, if the game wasn't delayed, it would be coming out in 1 week!

Meh, im not going dark. Still another 3 weeks till release.

pacmanate
10-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Damn, if the game wasn't delayed, it would be coming out in 1 week!

Meh, im not going dark. Still another 3 weeks till release.

I forgot about the delay.

THANKS ALOT

*cries*

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 04:23 PM

This new blood is cray.

I feel a bit offended.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I feel a bit offended.

Indirect snobbery is indirect.

dimbismp
10-20-2014, 06:14 PM

This new blood is cray.

To answer OP - Will go Gold this week probably. I never go dark, I'd never be able to go back.
So this basically means that theoretically speaking,we might get leaked walkthroughs by next week,or even the end of this week?I should defintwley avoid story spoilers...

LoyalACFan
10-20-2014, 06:49 PM
So this basically means that theoretically speaking,we might get leaked walkthroughs by next week,or even the end of this week?I should defintwley avoid story spoilers...

Probably not, those don't typically start cropping up until under a week before release, and if they do they're almost immediately taken down. Going gold just means they've finalized the code to put on discs, not that those discs have actually been printed, packed and shipped yet.

SlyTrooper
10-20-2014, 07:40 PM
I have never been spoilt before from being on the wiki, so I suppose I'll just stick around.

Bastiaen
10-20-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm a fool. I go dark once it feels like I'm getting too much. I usually watch leaked gameplay of the beginnings of games. I ruined the fact that Haytham was a templar. But still, I probably won't go dark until something gets spoiled.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm a fool. I go dark once it feels like I'm getting too much. I usually watch leaked gameplay of the beginnings of games. I ruined the fact that Haytham was a templar. But still, I probably won't go dark until something gets spoiled.

Me too.Except that time where I saw all the cutscenes from AC4 before buying it.It was still good,though.

Fatal-Feit
10-20-2014, 08:02 PM
I won't go dark until I get my hands on either games. :p

But even then, I'll probably still visit here, Reddit, and Youtube.

hood3dassassin5
10-20-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm gonna go dark as soon as the review copies go out

Alphacos007
10-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Im going dark as soon as the games leakes, like it always do, usually one week before release. Don't really want big spoilers before playing it myself.

GoldenBoy9999
10-20-2014, 10:42 PM
I've never followed an AC game this close before so I'll just have to wait and see when I'll go dark.I definitely don't want any spoilers this time around.

In the recent days and weeks I've seen a whole lot more gameplay of people doing the same Notre Dame mission in a different way or some other mission at different conventions. The video quality is never good so they aren't that appealing for me to watch.

They've all been mainly gameplay and show off a good deal of combat.

pacmanate
10-20-2014, 10:53 PM
I feel a bit offended.

Indirect snobbery is indirect.

It was a joke. Yesterday I looked at all of your join dates. Hardly any are from 2010 or before, the majority of you guys are from 2013-2014

Nah, going Gold just means its being sent off. Retailers normally get stocks a week or 2 before release. So I would say stuff will start leaking first week of November.

MakimotoJin
10-20-2014, 11:57 PM
It was a joke. Yesterday I looked at all of your join dates. Hardly any are from 2010 or before, the majority of you guys are from 2013-2014

I know,I just don't get it why Assassin_M said this place now sucks.Did new people ruined this forums?

Bashilir
10-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Eh., I barely get on here anymore. For AC3 I was on the hype train and watched walkthroughs once those popped up. Yet.. I watched maybe a couple Black Flag videos?

will just ignore anything possiblly spoiler-y

pacmanate
10-21-2014, 12:40 AM
I know,I just don't get it why Assassin_M said this place now sucks.Did new people ruined this forums?

Well it started going way downhill after AC3. That game literally ruined this place. A lot of good posters left and we got an influx of Connor fans.

The fact is, Connor gets brought up in too many threads that arent even to do with him. When he does it then just starts debates about his character, threads get derailed.

Me, personally, I don't post as much as I use too, and thats manily due to the Connor issue, it just makes the forums bad. It's not even the fact that there debates about him really, more that it pops up everywhere, it is tiresome.

A lot of times I see a thread where I want to post something, but then I see the convos and where the thread has gone I just can't be bothered, mostly cause I know thats not what people are bothered to talk about anymore in that particular thread.

Not to mention a lot of people have raging hormones for AC3. They will defend that game to death but it is seriously flawed. I am a huge AC fan, I wouldn't have 16K posts if I wasn't, but I know a bad game and it's AC3. However, trying to get this point across just ends in someone defending it somehow, which doesn't make sense and it just ends in arguments.

For someone who has been around for 4 years this was never an issue. Yes we had Altair fans, yes we had Ezio fans, but during the time I joined (AC Brotherhood release), there was little infighting. I didn't see anyone talking about "closure" for Altair, it was more an "Altair vs Ezio" scenario, who was better, why, opinions etc.

It just makes this place highly unenjoyable (Yep, making that word up). This place was not the same as it was. Ask anyone who was here from before 2011.

But the fact also remains that I do want to come here. I do take little breaks from posting. Whenever I don't, I'm still watching, but theres nothing I feel like I can contribute to discussion wise.

Heck even the mods (Shade and Widow) noticed it and have had to step in on several occasions to tell people to stop talking about Connor in threads he doesn't belong.

Ureh
10-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Nope, I bumped into some pretty major spoilers for AC3 but surprisingly they didn't really ruin the overall experience for me. Know what I mean? It still felt intact and wholesome. There was still a lot of mystery and excitement leading up to the spoiled moments.

I probably won't be able to participate in the discussions as much - since I won't have the games on launch day - but I'll stick around to read as much as I can.

LatinaC09
10-21-2014, 01:12 AM
I usually am good about not spoiling myself with videos for new AC games. And if I do spoil something, it's not the end of the world. I have 2 games to play and I highly doubt I'll spoil both of them for myself. My biggest gripe was trying to figure out which one to play first...

ze_topazio
10-21-2014, 01:15 AM
I was spoiled about Haytham being a Templar when I was only a few missions away from seeing it in the game.

MakimotoJin
10-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Well it started going way downhill after AC3. That game literally ruined this place. A lot of good posters left and we got an influx of Connor fans.

The fact is, Connor gets brought up in too many threads that arent even to do with him. When he does it then just starts debates about his character, threads get derailed.

Me, personally, I don't post as much as I use too, and thats manily due to the Connor issue, it just makes the forums bad. It's not even the fact that there debates about him really, more that it pops up everywhere, it is tiresome.

A lot of times I see a thread where I want to post something, but then I see the convos and where the thread has gone I just can't be bothered, mostly cause I know thats not what people are bothered to talk about anymore in that particular thread.

Not to mention a lot of people have raging hormones for AC3. They will defend that game to death but it is seriously flawed. I am a huge AC fan, I wouldn't have 16K posts if I wasn't, but I know a bad game and it's AC3. However, trying to get this point across just ends in someone defending it somehow, which doesn't make sense and it just ends in arguments.

For someone who has been around for 4 years this was never an issue. Yes we had Altair fans, yes we had Ezio fans, but during the time I joined (AC Brotherhood release), there was little infighting. I didn't see anyone talking about "closure" for Altair, it was more an "Altair vs Ezio" scenario, who was better, why, opinions etc.

It just makes this place highly unenjoyable (Yep, making that word up). This place was not the same as it was. Ask anyone who was here from before 2011.

But the fact also remains that I do want to come here. I do take little breaks from posting. Whenever I don't, I'm still watching, but theres nothing I feel like I can contribute to discussion wise.

Heck even the mods (Shade and Widow) noticed it and have had to step in on several occasions to tell people to stop talking about Connor in threads he doesn't belong.

I see.Well,now that you mention it,Connor is now everywhere.I'm in a AC fan group in Facebook,and almost every time there's someone either insulting or protecting him and the game.Same thing in youtube.
If it makes you feel any better,Ezio kicks Altair's ***.

Namikaze_17
10-21-2014, 01:23 AM
I was spoiled about Haytham being a Templar when I was only a few missions away from seeing it in the game.

I wasn't...and my reaction was priceless. :cool:

However I was stuck on one mission, so I looked up what to do and one of the related videos said: "OMGZ CONNOR KILLS HAYTHAM!!!?"

And I was like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFdgHXfFz1A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ze_topazio
10-21-2014, 01:24 AM
This doesn't even compare to late 2012 and the first half of 2013 when at least 10 threads about Connor were created every day.

Alphacos007
10-21-2014, 01:26 AM
I wasn't...and my reaction was priceless. :cool:

Yea, so was mine, just like when I first finished AC2 and said "What. The. ****" at the same time as Desmond haha.

pacmanate
10-21-2014, 01:32 AM
I see.Well,now that you mention it,Connor is now everywhere.I'm in a AC fan group in Facebook,and almost every time there's someone either insulting or protecting him and the game.Same thing in youtube.
If it makes you feel any better,Ezio kicks Altair's ***.

Haha, I don't care who likes who, that's your own opinions.

I like both for the record ;)

DumbGamerTag94
10-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Yea, so was mine, just like when I first finished AC2 and said "What. The. ****" at the same time as Desmond haha.

Haha I said the same thing at the end of AC2!!!!(literally actually. Then laughed my *** off when Desmond said the same thing). I found the whole last sequence awesome up until we didn't actually kill Rodrigo and suddenly I was fighting his magic glowing staff with an army of clones.....I was like. Ok???????? This is weird now??????

But then the first civ thing happened and I was just like "what the ****????"

That marked the point for me when AC got into stuff that was just too weird for most people and casuals. And ever since they've been struggling to figure out what to do about that and bring things back to the way they were before that moment in franchise history.

Farlander1991
10-21-2014, 10:32 AM

Eh, besides that, one other big problem for me personally is people who love AC2 but criticize the **** out of games that have got the same flaws as AC2 does. Only AC2 is immune because it's AC2. It's a great game, but, come on!

Also the whole deal with 'not a real Assassin's Creed' that comes up here a lot for lots of stupid reasons. The most stupidest one is 'guns', even though we had those ever since AC2. And other stupid reasons are like 'it's not an Assassin's Creed game because the character is not an Assassin for most of the game', despite the narrative exploring the Creed itself more than a bunch of other AC games. >_<

There was a time when I enjoyed going into arguments, because even when opinions collided, those were still fun and insighting arguments, but now a lot of them are just 'lalalalala I'm not listening I'm right and I'm going to reply with things that don't have anything to do with what you said'. Heck, a lot of times I start writing a post and then go '**** this, I don't want to fall into an argument over this, what's the point anyway'

topeira1980
10-21-2014, 07:15 PM
not only im not going to go dark to avoid farther info or leaked footage, im gonna be here especially for those!
i want to see more. im gonna avoid cutscenes and story details, but i really wanna see mroe gameplay. i wanna see more fluent uninterrputed high quality footage of stealth and combat. i dont consider these spoilers since to me playing the game and seeing the game played are very different because playing the game is very personal in a game like AC. story stuff are exactly the same for me and for whomever plays the game in a video so these i won't watch.

zainzombie
10-21-2014, 07:26 PM
I never go totally dark, even if I want to. I just avoid watching/reading spoilers. So far, I have never had anything spoiled for me that way.

Locopells
10-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Chance would be a fine thing - I gotta watch you guys...

pacmanate
10-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Eh, besides that, one other big problem for me personally is people who love AC2 but criticize the **** out of games that have got the same flaws as AC2 does. Only AC2 is immune because it's AC2. It's a great game, but, come on!

Also the whole deal with 'not a real Assassin's Creed' that comes up here a lot for lots of stupid reasons. The most stupidest one is 'guns', even though we had those ever since AC2. And other stupid reasons are like 'it's not an Assassin's Creed game because the character is not an Assassin for most of the game', despite the narrative exploring the Creed itself more than a bunch of other AC games. >_<

There was a time when I enjoyed going into arguments, because even when opinions collided, those were still fun and insighting arguments, but now a lot of them are just 'lalalalala I'm not listening I'm right and I'm going to reply with things that don't have anything to do with what you said'. Heck, a lot of times I start writing a post and then go '**** this, I don't want to fall into an argument over this, what's the point anyway'

Me too, man.

scooper121s
10-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Hey Pac

I usually go dark a week or so before release, occasionally popping by, I then come back for a few weeks after I finish the game, then I leave again when

A) the forums go dead

B) The forums go down the proverbial dog hole

MakimotoJin
10-22-2014, 01:46 AM

Wait,what?

scooper121s
10-22-2014, 02:09 AM
Wait,what?

When good men have fallen to the hordes of the Haters

When those that fight for what they believe in are trumpt by fanboys

When the hordes of flame topics break through the lines

When all hope is lost

MakimotoJin
10-22-2014, 02:22 AM
When good men have fallen to the hordes of the Haters

When those that fight for what they believe in are trumpt by fanboys

When the hordes of flame topics break through the lines

When all hope is lost

Oh,got it.I haven't seen much flame wars here,though.

scooper121s
10-22-2014, 03:04 AM

They usually come when the spoilers start to leak

A few years ago there was a topic which spoiled a lot of the game for a lot of people, through luck I only saw it when the mods censored it

pacmanate
10-22-2014, 03:36 AM
Hey Pac

I usually go dark a week or so before release, occasionally popping by, I then come back for a few weeks after I finish the game, then I leave again when

A) the forums go dead

Ah yes, post game release when everyone says the game sucks

Namikaze_17
10-22-2014, 03:59 AM

You should've been here months ago... ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2014, 05:06 AM
spoilers wont start leaking until next week.. I'll go dark next month.. pick them up on black friday

MakimotoJin
10-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Ah yes, post game release when everyone says the game sucks

I pre-ordered Rogue,so I'll give my opinions on it,but I won't give senseless arguments,don't worry.

ACfan443
10-25-2014, 09:24 PM
No one seems to have posted this yet, AC Unity's available to pre-download
http://i.imgur.com/eib4zk6.jpg
https://twitter.com/xbox/status/526040492719763457

Looks like the game's gone gold.

Megas_Doux
10-25-2014, 09:38 PM
I am not usually bothered by spoilers in this franchise other than in AC III, for obvious reasons......

SHADOWGARVIN
10-25-2014, 09:48 PM
No one seems to have posted this yet, AC Unity's available to pre-download
http://i.imgur.com/eib4zk6.jpg
https://twitter.com/xbox/status/526040492719763457

Looks like the game's gone gold.

This news was posted a couple of days ago by a mod. Only xbone has pre-download.

hood3dassassin5
10-25-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm definitely gonna go dark within a week from the release.

Layytez
10-25-2014, 10:16 PM
I never go dark. I'm on the hunt for spoilers.

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-25-2014, 10:32 PM
This news was posted a couple of days ago by a mod. Only xbone has pre-download.
Yes, but the fact that you can download AC U on Xbox One mean that the game is complete. Now ACU is become gold.

Th3 Code
10-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes, but the fact that you can download AC U on Xbox One mean that the game is complete. Now ACU is become gold.

That's effing stupid. Is there any other pre-loads for anything else? I understand Ubisoft is an Xbox and PS fanboy but there needs to be more pre-loads. I heard a rumor that Steam might get a pre-load but it was confirmed this morning that Ubisoft's own client Uplay is "not allowed" to do pre-loads at all. If there is no pre-loads I might serious just have to cancel digital and go on Amazon and buy the CD version.

SHADOWGARVIN
10-25-2014, 10:53 PM
That's effing stupid. Is there any other pre-loads for anything else? I understand Ubisoft is an Xbox and PS fanboy but there needs to be more pre-loads. I heard a rumor that Steam might get a pre-load but it was confirmed this morning that Ubisoft's own client Uplay is "not allowed" to do pre-loads at all. If there is no pre-loads I might serious just have to cancel digital and go on Amazon and buy the CD version.

You can only pre-download ACU on the xbone, not the ps4.

Alberto_Lucchesi
10-25-2014, 11:13 PM

I agree, the game probably have more than 40gb of download, and without the preload many people won't play the game at launch :/

Th3 Code
10-25-2014, 11:13 PM
I know, I know.. I was meaning like how Ubisoft premakes all their titles for console (old and new gen) then port the titles to PC.

I agree, the game probably have more than 40gb of download, and without the preload many people won't play the game at launch :/

I also agree. I won't be able to play it on launch either. That's why I'm thinking of retail if I find out that steam doesn't have a pre-load.

MakimotoJin
10-26-2014, 01:02 AM
lol,even Rogue has pre-load.And for PS3.

Layytez
10-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Already up for pre-load ay ? Looks like those two weeks were for post production fixes (patch).

Beschikbaar
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
What is holding Ubisoft to ship Rogue and sell it already? I dont think they're doing new mission in 2 weeks tbh.

MakimotoJin
10-26-2014, 01:51 PM
What is holding Ubisoft to ship Rogue and sell it already? I dont think they're doing new mission in 2 weeks tbh.

Probably fixing some stuff.Why do you think there are patches even at the day it releases?

pacmanate
10-26-2014, 02:04 PM
PS4 will have pre load

Mr_Shade
10-27-2014, 04:00 PM
>> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/938931-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!?p=10292224#post10292224

Spoiler lock down in effect ;)

Kakuzu745
10-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Ya I will probably go dark really soon...there is always a spoiler here and there :P

MakimotoJin
10-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Just a question...
When did ACIV's contents go leaked before release?So I could know when to go dark.

Locopells
10-27-2014, 06:29 PM
About now...

zainzombie
10-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Its too early to go dark. I doubt there will be any leaks until the last week before release. Its still 14 days until release. I dont expect any spoilers until the last 5 days.

MakimotoJin
10-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Its too early to go dark. I doubt there will be any leaks until the last week before release. Its still 14 days until release. I dont expect any spoilers until the last 5 days.

About now...
Now I'm not too sure....I think I'll stay untill November...

Shahkulu101
10-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Well I've not been on here much but since the spoiler warnings are out in full force I'm gonna go dark.

See y'all when I've finished Unity and Rogue - maybe after Christmas since I'm not getting Rogue on release. Fingers crossed the games are good and you all enjoy it. :)

MakimotoJin
10-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Well I've not been on here much but since the spoiler warnings are out in full force I'm gonna go dark.

See y'all when I've finished Unity and Rogue - maybe after Christmas since I'm not getting Rogue on release. Fingers crossed the games are good and you all enjoy it. :)

Have a good gameplay,sir.

GoldenBoy9999
10-27-2014, 10:30 PM

Seeya mate. I'm saying this because I'd feel sad if no one wished me goodbye since I'd be gone so long.

dimbismp
10-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Well,it seems that the game will be leaked any day now and this means SPOILERS.So,for the first time ever i might go dark,cause i really should avoid story spoilers and walkthroughs this time.Thank god i just bought FIFA 15,which means that the time will pass quickly.It's 2-2,5 weeks after all.I guess no major trailer will be released the following days(except from the launch one.I am done waiting for the IGN videos).See you in a few weeks(hopefully the game is great and it will take many months!) for analysis and debates!!

GoldenBoy9999
10-27-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to decide how quickly I should beat the game, both games actually. If I play at the pace I'd like I'd be done a little before Christmas with both games but I feel like the main, cool discussion about the game will be over. I'm in a pickle.

It's just a weird feeling to wait all year for this game and then beat it in a few weeks. I'm also getting GTA V, Sunset Overdrive, and Far Cry 4, along with some others this fall so I may play the 2 AC's first and then play the others.

Right now I'm going to stay on the forums as long as possible while avoiding spoilers.

Does anyone else know how long the discussions usually last?

Deathgrim666
10-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Well i guess its time to go dark

http://i.imgur.com/xtCSiKz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AFCiAcq.jpg

Ureh
10-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Interesting, in the first pic you can see the Gladiator blu ray case?! Why was this person brushing up on their history in the arena just before starting ACU!?

http://www.schnittberichte.com/news/pics/gladiator_blu.jpg

SHADOWGARVIN
10-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Probably because Gladiator is an amazing movie.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Just saw those pictures somewhere else. Time to go dark indeed.

souNdwAve89
10-30-2014, 01:22 AM
Speaking of Gladiator, the Armor of Brutus was clearly inspired and based off of Crowe's armor. In case, no one didn't noticed :p

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/023/6/b/wtf_brutus_armor_by_feralseraph-d37vybe.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110327053502/assassinscreed/images/b/b5/Armor_Of_Brutus_v.png

And yes, now is the time to go dark because there are already videos of the intro on the internet.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 02:18 AM
Well I ain't playing Unity,so I'll stay here for a while.
However,when Rogue goes gold,I'm outta here.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-30-2014, 11:14 AM
i think we should all start going dark someone over at reddit spotted someone on twitch playing unity(he's got the game) so i would start leaving now guys
http://i.imgur.com/8lpGlqq.jpg?1

ACfan443
10-30-2014, 11:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FmnOCw5.jpg

There's already some leaked footage, and some guy was streaming it on twitch.

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 01:07 PM
There was a stream a couple of hours ago. Damn I missed it!

Layytez
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
There is a short video of young Arno out there too.

Beschikbaar
10-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Can you show it? ^^

Layytez
10-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Can you show it? ^^
I will PM.

Kaschra
10-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh sh...
I actually wouldn't really mind getting spoilered about Unity, but the link between Unity and Rogue they talked about... yeah, I don't want to come across any spoilers of that.
So... goodbye guys, I'm going dark.
Or at least I'm trying lol

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh sh...
I actually wouldn't really mind getting spoilered about Unity, but the link between Unity and Rogue they talked about... yeah, I don't want to come across any spoilers of that.
So... goodbye guys, I'm going dark.
Or at least I'm trying lol

Goodbye sir.,have a good gameplay!

Mr_Shade
10-30-2014, 05:19 PM
I will PM.
I would prefer you didn't share leaks please... ;)

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 05:21 PM
So...no Rogue leaks yet?I might stay here until it releases then...

jayjay275
10-30-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm about to go dark. :)

TheArcaneEagle
10-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Every time I try to, a new trailer releases and I rush over to the forums/reddit/neogaf to discuss. I cant help myself.

KG_NOx
10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
About that time anomaly trailer, its definitely time to go dark

Beschikbaar
10-30-2014, 07:47 PM
About that time anomaly trailer, its definitely time to go dark

Have a fun gameplay time than!

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Every time I try to, a new trailer releases and I rush over to the forums/reddit/neogaf to discuss. I cant help myself.

Me too.Damn you,pretty forums!

dimbismp
11-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Even though at least one guy has gottennthe game about 2-3 days ago,still surprisingly there are not any spoilers,especially major.
I mean he could have finished the main story already,but positively there are no spoilers.

jayjay275
11-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I need to go dark now..... but I just can't. :D

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:25 PM
I will try to but I know I won't.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Me not going dark... :p

Especially for Unity, nothing in that game should surprise me much.

Unless Connor/Desmond shows up in the end. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah I'm just waiting for confirmation Connor is/is not in the game.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Or in Rogue...

Hans684
11-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I won't go dark, I don't work in the dark.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I won't go dark, I don't work in the dark.

Templar 4 Life!!! :p

Hans684
11-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Templar 4 Life!!! :p

May the father of understanding guide us. :p

EllJim
11-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Just a bit silly how easy it is right now to find leaked footage, I normally browse these threads (if not respond to them) quite often but ever since that 900res/30fps and pics leaking all over the place you just can't avoid it here, no matter how hard the mods work it seems.

This thread and 1-2 others seem the only ones to browse safely. Only a few days to go so I think that's me dark :)

KG_NOx
11-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Bye guys, I will probably come back in november 12th

Locopells
11-03-2014, 12:27 PM
See ya!

Namikaze_17
11-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Take Care... :)

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Game releases in 7 days and still no decleration that the game has gone gold.

Hmm...

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Give it more time....

m4r-k7
11-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Well it has technically gone gold as some French people have early copies. They just aren't announcing it as they probably haven't finished the day 1 patch yet.

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Me jelly with French... :rolleyes: :p

LoyalACFan
11-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Yeah, the game has definitely gone gold, I've seen pics of people who had it, official case and all.

pacmanate
11-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Game releases in 7 days and still no decleration that the game has gone gold.

Hmm...

Yeah it went Gold already... I'm surprised it wasnt announced though. Far Crys was, loads of AAA Games "Gold" status is reported as news but Ubi kept quiet. But yeah, they are in the wild.

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Yeah it went Gold already... I'm surprised it wasnt announced though. Far Crys was, loads of AAA Games "Gold" status is reported as news but Ubi kept quiet. But yeah, they are in the wild.

Well stolen ones anyway. They aren't officially or legally for sale at the moment. And I don't know that they've been shipped to all the retail stores yet. Thus why Ubi hasn't said anything or given the green light. And also goes about finding and plugging up any leaks and deleting videos that pop up on the net. As right now anything that's out there on the net and any copies in personal possession are all stolen or in violation of Ubis copyright licence. Or both.

So there's that

pacmanate
11-05-2014, 01:16 AM
So? We are talking about it going Gold, not if it's being sold illegally.

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 01:18 AM
I was just giving reasoning why Ubi wouldn't comment about it.

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 01:50 AM
What's the point of announcing the game has gone gold when the game already has a established release date.

pacmanate
11-05-2014, 01:55 AM
I was just giving reasoning why Ubi wouldn't comment about it.

So cause people have it illegally, they won't say it went Gold? That doesn't make sense.

As soon as it went Gold it should have been stated. Then i would expect a few days later for it to leak.

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 02:02 AM
So cause people have it illegally, they won't say it went Gold? That doesn't make sense.

As soon as it went Gold it should have been stated. Then i would expect a few days later for it to leak.

Nah I'm just saying it will officially "go gold" the minute Ubi let's their press embargoes fall and the press can release their reviews and such. Then people can post all the footage and walkthroughs they want. I mean they can now....but they get taken down fairly quickly.

I expect the embargo to drop and the flood of info and footage right around 4-3 days before release.

I mean stuff leaks out now. But it's pretty tightly under control and not very spoilery.

pacmanate
11-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Going "Gold" Does not mean you can release footage though.

Going Gold just means that it is complete and has been sent off for manufacturing.

Assassin_M
11-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Who cares about Rogue though?

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Going "Gold" Does not mean you can release footage though.

Going Gold just means that it is complete and has been sent off for manufacturing.

Oh see I always thought it was when it ships out for distribution. Like when Walmart and GameStop get it in but haven't put it on shelves yet. Usually only a few days before official release. I guess I was confused. It just made more sense this way. Because we're already at or beyond the manufacturing point. And we have next to nothing of significance to work with footage/leak wise. I mean some non spoiler free roam and a few minutes of the very opening isn't much of anything. Considering it's ben manufactured for a few days now.

Guess I had it wrong. I never really understood exactly what that term meant anyway

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Who cares about Rogue though?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130728053816/glee/images/4/4a/Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif

Assassin_M
11-05-2014, 02:39 AM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130728053816/glee/images/4/4a/Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif
Hermoine is a potato, just like Rogue.

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 02:40 AM
Hermoine is a potato, just like Rogue.

I thought only Connor was a potato.

Assassin_M
11-05-2014, 02:42 AM
They're all from the same cloth.

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 02:52 AM
We should fry them.

Megas_Doux
11-05-2014, 02:53 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772319-Connor-is-a-potato-Forums

BEST THREAD EVER IN THE HISTORY OF BEST THREADS EVER, IN HISTORY, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Namikaze_17
11-05-2014, 02:53 AM
French Fries... ;)

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 03:01 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772319-Connor-is-a-potato-Forums

BEST THREAD EVER IN THE HISTORY OF BEST THREADS EVER, IN HISTORY, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thread is legendary.