PDA

View Full Version : AC4 - Do community challenge rewards carry over to a new savegame?

Konzti
10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Title says is all: Playing through Black Flag's single player last winter, I experienced an annoying bug that has kept me from opening a specific chest in one of the forts, thus hindering 100% completion of the story. I'm planing on deleting my (one and only) AC4 savegame and starting a new one in it's place. The only question that remains is, whether the community challenge rewards I unlocked previously will carry over to the new savegame - I'd really hate to lose them, since there won't be any further opportunities to get them back...

MnemonicSyntax
10-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Yes, they do carry over, as does Kenway's Fleet.

Konzti
10-30-2014, 01:22 AM
In the end, I managed to open the final chests - turns out it was a question of positioning myself correctly outside the stalking zones. Anyway, now that I started a new game - trying to complete Black Flag before Unity drops in November - I don't see my community challenge awards carrying over. I deleted my old savegame (I still have a backup copy though) and started this current playthgrough in its spot. I'm in sequence 2, so things might change, but I'm not positive. Any words of advice, Syntax? Thanks again!

YazX_
10-30-2014, 09:04 AM
In the end, I managed to open the final chests - turns out it was a question of positioning myself correctly outside the stalking zones. Anyway, now that I started a new game - trying to complete Black Flag before Unity drops in November - I don't see my community challenge awards carrying over. I deleted my old savegame (I still have a backup copy though) and started this current playthgrough in its spot. I'm in sequence 2, so things might change, but I'm not positive. Any words of advice, Syntax? Thanks again!

Yah unfortunately they dont, i started my third run of playing AC4 and noticed that they dont carry over, sorry they are per save slot i believe.

wichking
10-30-2014, 10:57 AM
things like open 3 treasures, kill 3 royal navy cargo or hunt 3 white wales stuff doesnt transfer but the real community challanges which ubisoft offered they remain
You get them abck however when you have acces to it after you killed julien

Locopells
10-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Yep, that's been my experience as well...

Anykeyer
10-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Rewards do transfer but they remain locked untill you get to the actual free roam game part (seq 3)

Konzti
10-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Thank you so guys much for the quick answers!

Locopells
10-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome.