PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag: No Social Chests or Royal Convoys but... White Whales only?

MnemonicSyntax
10-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Hey guys

So I've been replaying Black Flag. I've ran into about four or five White Whales but not a single chest or Royal Convoy in my replay and I'm nearing 60%. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!

Luuk1892
10-20-2014, 12:04 AM
I am experiencing the same problem. I already completed the game 2 months ago, since the beggining of september I have no social events. No chests, whales, convoys or even those events like "kill 3 animals"... I contacted Ubisoft Support but they are unable to answer this question. It seems like no one can give an answer to that problem.

Led_Catcher
10-28-2014, 02:46 AM
If you really want to play the game over, I'd try un-installing the game entirely, clean your registry and re-installing. That should entirely re-set the game to original.

MnemonicSyntax
10-28-2014, 07:40 AM
If you really want to play the game over, I'd try un-installing the game entirely, clean your registry and re-installing. That should entirely re-set the game to original.

Not sure what you're getting at. My computer has nothing to do with this issue, as all three Social Events happen on the same server at the same time.

That being said, I've also found ships and Social Chests too. Their occurrence has been greatly reduced since Black Flag's initial debut.

YazX_
10-28-2014, 09:38 AM
yes MnemonicSyntax (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/653385-MnemonicSyntax), i'm replaying the game as well but on 4k (DSR thingy to try it out) and noticed the same thing, perhaps we should contact support about it.

MnemonicSyntax
10-28-2014, 04:21 PM
I actually did Yaz! XD Look at me, suggesting others contact support on their issues and I finally need to use them!

The results were that their appearance and locations have been greatly reduced, as in the debut every single Social Event would show up everywhere on the map for each of the three, at the same time. You found one, they would all pop up (this is according to Support) which I sort of recall this. That being said though, I found this map on the Googlez

http://www.jp.guihard.net/IMG/jpg/map-social-events.jpg

Which has allowed me to sail to the ship locations and attempt to locate them and it's worked well. I found the three I needed.

As for Social Chests, I've found two, both out of luck. I'm not dying for the third but if I stumble across it and get those Scottish Swords I'll be pretty stoked.

YazX_
10-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Thx for the tip :)