PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [UK]

Mr_Shade
10-16-2014, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMOBxg8jTrQ

Assassin's Creed Unity is full of charismatic characters. Meet the actors behind Arno Dorian, Elise, Napoleon and more. Learn how they have embodied their character, allowing Assassin's Creed Unity to display a powerful story.

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 05:09 PM
I am not convinced, TOO soon I know, by Robespierre, he looks REALLY old, like 50 years something ,when he was just in his 30īs during the revolution. Only time will tell, though.

By the way, the actress that portrays Elise is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Looks like charismatic characters is all Ubisoft can create instead of something different. :rolleyes:

Regardless, it looks good.

ladosefan
10-16-2014, 05:12 PM
@1:35 hot air balloons confirmed :o:o:o:o:o

harsab
10-16-2014, 05:23 PM
3.20 holy crap.

The same writings clay wrote??????

Wow.

Hope aboard the hype train.

P.s. Those graphics looks unreal.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 05:24 PM
I like the angle they are taking with Robespierre. Arno rightfully should see him as a madman. It's not so much that he was evil. As his own VA says "I don't think he was drunk on power, but I think he was drunk on something". It's a perfect statement to sum up the man.

Insanely intelligent, revolutionary to the core, incorruptible, dedicated to the ideaology of the revolution.

He wasn't an insane man per-se. However taking any ideology to the extent he did is mad. He was a very idealistic person not a rational or realistic one. He would go to any length to force the world into that ideal. Thus why we see the terror Immerge.

He was not an evil man. But the incorruptible was ironically corrupted by the very fact that he was so unwilling to deviate from his idealism. Which is supposedly one of the themes of unity "the dangers of radicalism". I feel it will probably be a rather fair depiction of the historic figure.(though rather strong leftists may be angered by the depiction but they need to get over it and see the man for what he was. Not what he represented. Facts are facts. Even historical heroes to many are not perfect. We saw this with Washington in AC3. They were real people and they had faults they weren't ideal godlike beings). Robespierre is the perfect personification of the Templars. A man supporting very noble ideals and philosophies. But going about the most horrible means to achieve them.

And Megas I wouldn't worry too much. That scene there where he seems panicked and insecure is probably around the time of the coup that ousted him. And he did panic at that time. Even attempting suicide. The other clips he seems very poised and smug. A little too comfortable with power. Which would be true to historical descriptions.

Sushiglutton
10-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Awesome cast :D!

@1:35 hot air balloons confirmed :o:o:o:o:o

Well spotted, I wonder if you can take it out for a spin

zkorejo
10-16-2014, 05:37 PM
I wanted to avoid this but couldnt resist.

Arno's character seems awesome. Exactly what i was hoping for. I cant wait to get my hands on this game.

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 05:38 PM
I.

And Megas I wouldn't worry too much. That scene there where he seems panicked and insecure is probably around the time of the coup that ousted him. And he did panic at that time. Even attempting suicide. The other clips he seems very poised and smug. A little too comfortable with power. Which would be true to historical descriptions.

I agree, thing is he looks kinda old haha.

harsab
10-16-2014, 05:38 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/288z9c4.png

someone needs to depict this image asap!

ACfan443
10-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Awesome cast :D!

Well spotted, I wonder if you can take it out for a spin

The vistas would be stunning. Perhaps it'll be central to exotic missions like Leonardo's War Machines/Greek Fire/Carlo Grimaldi AC2 assassination? I'm up for a couple of those.

SHADOWGARVIN
10-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Seems like a great cast.

Subject J80
10-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Most interesting:

http://i62.tinypic.com/25jgy2h.png [/spolier]

ze_topazio
10-16-2014, 05:51 PM
I get the feeling Arno is an ancestor of Clay.

pacmanate
10-16-2014, 05:59 PM
I get the feeling Arno is an ancestor of Clay.

Clay and Desmond both share some of the same Ancestors, thats how they matched Ezio in the first place, so it still could be Desmond.

Edit: Just remembered, Desmond has another ancestor in the French Revolution but its not Arno.

dimbismp
10-16-2014, 06:03 PM
My thoughts about robespierre(possible spoilers):If i hadn't seen the story trailer,i would have said that robespierre is the grand master.Anyway,it seems that there is a great amoint of templars and antagonists in this game:The bearded grand master,elise,robespierre(confirmed from a preview),another guy from the story trailer,sivert and a couple of guys shown in the IGN videos +a possible corrupt assassin order and maybe napoleon(for sequel reasons).
The most important thing,though,is that the VO says that he is drunk in something,most probably afectedd by a PoE.

No Andy Serkis though.....It may have been just a speculation or he is too important to unveil.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 06:04 PM
I agree, thing is he looks kinda old haha.

Yeah he kind of does. Which is odd as he was fairly young.
However this may be a result of the facial scarring he had as a result of some disease he had. Historical accounts discribe him as having such features. However his romantic portrait painters were kind enough to smooth those out for posterity to remember him haha. But I do like that he looks fairly close to his paintings.

ze_topazio
10-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Clay and Desmond both share some of the same Ancestors, thats how they matched Ezio in the first place, so it still could be Desmond.

Edit: Just remembered, Desmond has another ancestor in the French Revolution but its not Arno.

They share some ancestors but they are not brothers or even cousins, each of them have ancestors that the other doesn't.

Wolfmeister1010
10-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Was that a crossbow on his back???? Or some kind of freaking pickaxe?

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-16-2014, 06:18 PM
For those interested:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0FPtbUCYAAeBq1.jpg:large

Credit to Access the Animus

Democrito_71
10-16-2014, 06:29 PM
For those interested:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0FPtbUCYAAeBq1.jpg:large

Credit to Access the Animus

The Machu Picchu sign, is it a hint for an Peruvian AC-Setting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machu_Picchu

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 06:40 PM
The Machu Picchu sign, is it a hint for an Peruvian AC-Setting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machu_Picchu

May be, may not. You know, because in regards of Ubi and settings:

Nothing is true, everything is permitted....

Bastiaen
10-16-2014, 06:41 PM
In response to possibility of Peruvian setting, Of course not. We've had these symbols since AC1. They are more likely indicators of connections to our Modern/ First Civ story than indicators of future ancestral settings.

I am baffled though. Not by the symbols themselves, but by the fact that Arno and Pierre are both attending to them in what appears to be a cutscene.

This implies a couple of important things.

1. These glyphs exist historically, rather than in the Animus as in AC2 and ACB. While Ezio approached the glyphs, that did not happen historically, as they'd been hidden in the simulation by Clay, and were there for Desmond to find.

2. The glyphs are then somehow connecting both modern story and historical story, not just the setting. I'm getting a real ACR vibe with this, like when Ezio directly addresses Desmond.

3. ACU will provide more important insights about Modern Day focusing on Clay, Desmond, or both.

Random wild speculation:
In my head cannon, Desmond is still alive, though not physically. His conciousness is stored in the temple much like Juno's had been, and somehow, through the powers in the temple (not sure how at all), he is leaving these glyphs for Arno so that he can use them to communicate, through initiates, with Sean, Rebecca and Bill...

Whew! Time to take off my conspiracy hat, but really, I do think that Desmond's conciousness is preserved in the temple. How he could leave messages for Arno, I don't know. The eye doesn't allow for time travel, but rather for predicting possible FUTURE outcomes, then allowing you to influence them in some sort of approximation of time travel, but there is still no way to affect the past, except through the Time Travel POE, but I don't think Ubisoft wants to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Long story short, I crapped my pants when I got to this part of the trailer.

dimbismp
10-16-2014, 07:08 PM
My thoughts about robespierre(possible spoilers):If i hadn't seen the story trailer,i would have said that robespierre is the grand master.Anyway,it seems that there is a great amoint of templars and antagonists in this game:The bearded grand master,elise,robespierre(confirmed from a preview),another guy from the story trailer,sivert and a couple of guys shown in the IGN videos +a possible corrupt assassin order and maybe napoleon(for sequel reasons).
The most important thing,though,is that the VO says that he is drunk in something,most probably afectedd by a PoE.

No Andy Serkis though.....It may have been just a speculation or he is too important to unveil.
God i have to quote myself!!!LOL
I really need to hear your opinion about this,especially the spoiler one.

harsab
10-16-2014, 07:09 PM
what could these symbols mean? Why is Arno directly looking at them? What are those scribbles? so many questions.

m4r-k7
10-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Loving the cut scenes. They are looking more cinematic than ever before!

Bastiaen
10-16-2014, 07:13 PM
God i have to quote myself!!!LOL
I really need to hear your opinion about this,especially the spoiler one.

Exactly! But the real question is: Why aren't more people discussing this! You call yourselves AC fans!

Alphacos007
10-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Most interesting:

http://i62.tinypic.com/25jgy2h.png [/spolier]

http://i.imgur.com/CDpt12Q.jpg

VestigialLlama4
10-16-2014, 07:29 PM
The portrayal of Robespierre is based on a rather fraudulent 3D reconstruction that came out in 2013.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/robespierre-death-mask-makeover-diagnosis-photo_n_4481018.html
It's fraudulent because it takes Madame Tussaud's death mask(which has long been regarded as a major joke among historians - that mask doesn't even have the jaw injury at the time of his death).

If you compare it with the concept art:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141007140743/assassinscreed/images/e/e9/ACU_Maximilien_de_Robespierre_-_Concept_Art.jpg

you'll find that it is more youthful and closer to the portraits. Ideally, this mixed-media sculpture is what they should have aimed for:
http://images.ookaboo.com/photo/m/MaxRobespierre_Best_m.jpg

Sinister, yet stylish (especially the green glasses he wore all the time). Whereas the one we have has the face of a thug. Most of the descriptions and portraits and busts taken of him (and by the way they were done Pre-Terror so nobody was ordered to beautify him on pain of death if that's what you are wondering) show him rather plain but generally youthful. Cambaceres, the author of the Napoleonic Code noted that while he disliked his policies, he always found the guy appealing and kind on a personal level(and he was gay so he'd know). Descriptions state that his final year with illness took its toll on him and he was pock-marked but again that was his final few months and not the majority of his life.

Still, I don't mind Ubisoft taking this approach only so that, like Charles Lee, no one will confuse him with the real-life guy. For one thing being a Templar (As in the game's version of a Templar) and an implied accomplice to murder is straight-up ridiculous. Anyone reading his personality knows that the only way he makes sense is an Assassin gone extreme, but then since the title is UNITY, maybe they're saving that for Saint-Just.

rrebe
10-16-2014, 07:38 PM
no bailing out this hype train, cutscenes looks amazing!

http://i.minus.com/ibxLHf57e8Dy7j.gif

Bastiaen
10-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I think I've hit my hype max! Any more and I might lose it!!!

VestigialLlama4
10-16-2014, 07:55 PM
I have to say, I like how they are showing Napoleon. He is so obviously and thoroughly making a fool of Arno, its not even funny

Layytez
10-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Wait...he's actually looking at the symbols ? >.>

SixKeys
10-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Wait, if the symbols are really there and can be seen by anyone (or at least someone with First Civ DNA), maybe Clay's ancestor was there to see them and that's what inspired Clay to write down these symbols specifically (instead of just inventing his own)? Like he saw these symbols in one of his fevered memories, didn't know where the images came from but wrote them down because he figured Desmond might be able to decode them before Abstergo?

dimbismp
10-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Maybe only the MD player through arno,not bellec,can see the glyphs?
Also,am i the only one to notice that young Elise has the same VA with young Jennifer Scott?

VestigialLlama4
10-16-2014, 08:10 PM
I like the angle they are taking with Robespierre. Arno rightfully should see him as a madman. It's not so much that he was evil. As his own VA says "I don't think he was drunk on power, but I think he was drunk on something". It's a perfect statement to sum up the man.

Insanely intelligent, revolutionary to the core, incorruptible, dedicated to the ideaology of the revolution.

He wasn't an insane man per-se. However taking any ideology to the extent he did is mad. He was a very idealistic person not a rational or realistic one. He would go to any length to force the world into that ideal. Thus why we see the terror Immerge.

He was not an evil man. But the incorruptible was ironically corrupted by the very fact that he was so unwilling to deviate from his idealism. Which is supposedly one of the themes of unity "the dangers of radicalism". I feel it will probably be a rather fair depiction of the historic figure.(though rather strong leftists may be angered by the depiction but they need to get over it and see the man for what he was. Not what he represented. Facts are facts. Even historical heroes to many are not perfect. We saw this with Washington in AC3. They were real people and they had faults they weren't ideal godlike beings). Robespierre is the perfect personification of the Templars. A man supporting very noble ideals and philosophies. But going about the most horrible means to achieve them.

Most of the Templars support ideas of plutocracy and benevolent control which is far from the man who said that authority kept people ignorant to control them and from someone who never lied about what the Terror will do and did do during the Revolution (and the Reign of Terror had popular support which the people asked the Committee to institute). He never hid what he did under polite euphemisms, he was very public whereas Templars are not. Unless they radically redefine what a Templar means in the context of the lore or complicate it somehow, there's no way you can portray Robespierre as one, or make him a dictator, and expect people to call it a fair representation of the guy. And Robespierre leading France to ruin as the VA says is rich since the Terror and public safety saved France and the Revolution from a war that France started and which Robespierre was virtually alone in opposing.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 08:12 PM
The portrayal of Robespierre is based on a rather fraudulent 3D reconstruction that came out in 2013.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/robespierre-death-mask-makeover-diagnosis-photo_n_4481018.html
It's fraudulent because it takes Madame Tussaud's death mask(which has long been regarded as a major joke among historians - that mask doesn't even have the jaw injury at the time of his death)..

Still, I don't mind Ubisoft taking this approach only so that, like Charles Lee, no one will confuse him with the real-life guy. For one thing being a Templar (As in the game's version of a Templar) and an implied accomplice to murder is straight-up ridiculous. Anyone reading his personality knows that the only way he makes sense is an Assassin gone extreme, but then since the title is UNITY, maybe they're saving that for Saint-Just.

I don't think that reconstruction resembles anything even close to the in game Robespierre.

And what's the difference between a radical Assassin or a radical Templar???? They both seek the same thing. And both go to extreme lengths. There's very little difference.

As you learn in political science classes. Any political spectrum is not as simple as left and right. The furthest extremes actually come together in a circular shaped spectrum. Where the further left or right you you actually eventually cross over to the opposite side at one extreme or the other. (This makes more sense if you draw a circle and cut it down the middle and move your points left and right on the perimeter).

For example. A very moderate conservative has almost 0 difference from a very moderate liberal.

And on the other end of the spectrum you have
Conservative anarchists: who want government abolished because they see it as evil
Liberal anarchists: remove government to promote natural fairness and equality. Nobody is told what to do.

Between these two things there is essentially 0 difference. An anarchist fits in both sides because it's where the extremes meet. They may have different reasoning for thinking as they do. And may even hate the other so much that they refuse to be labeled or associated with them. But there is negligible difference.

VestigialLlama4
10-16-2014, 08:50 PM
----
I don't think that reconstruction resembles anything even close to the in game Robespierre.
----

The pockmarked face, the lack of softness, the thuggish scowl, the overly aged look. Nothing?

-------
And what's the difference between a radical Assassin or a radical Templar???? They both seek the same thing. And both go to extreme lengths. There's very little difference.
-------

In theory yes, in practice its not that easy. Robespierre was personally a moderate, ideologically he was closer to Lincoln (who during the Civil War centralized America, suspended habeas corpus, allowed for extended arrests and unleashed a vast network of surveillance as Gore Vidal as shown so well and, like Robespierre, abolished slavery) or George Washington (who believed in consolidation and didn't want to get involved in fomenting revolution) than Lenin(who was closer to Thomas Paine).

In any case, I am not interested in real-world political ideologies which are not really worth discussing here. I am talking about the coding of the game where almost all the positive historical figures are Assassins or Assassin-Allied while the Templars have, well they had Copernicus briefly but he quit soon. The point is Robespierre is a good chance for the Assassins to be on the "wrong" side of history of once and by making him a Templar ruins that. The Assassins have never had any extreme on political situations certainly no position that personally impinges on the player.

Robespierre in real-life was highly paranoid about conspiracies and foreign plots, he was also not a hypocrite, he was rigid and fanatic about consistency. Instead of extending on that we have him being part of a secret society like the Templars and presumably involved in the murder of Elise's dad(as the brief flashback clip shows in the video) before the Terror, which is deeply absurd and laughable. In any case, I certainly don't think Robespierre is a hero, he definitely had blood on his hands but the idea that he was this creepy dictator doesn't answer the question of how he came to be in the position he ended up being.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Robespierre is very controversial even to this day.

It really depends in your own political views if you view Robespierre as a monster or a hero. And he does apply to real life political spectrums as he was real.
And any belief system falls in that model of spectrum. Be it religious political economic or the fictional factions of Assassins and Templars.

There are a spectrum of beliefs within each side. Like Assassins. You have AltaÔr and Abbas. Meribeau(Girondin) and Bellic(Jacobin). Robespierre can be a Templar but it is likely he falls on the spectrum adjacent to Bellic. With people like Mirabeau and Lafayette on the opposite side of the circle from them. So you see Mirabeau and Bellic are on the same side even though he has more in common with Robespierre(head of the Jacobin).

You see both the assassins and Templars encompass all political views. As all of them seek the same goal. The only thing that makes you an assassin of Templar is your decision of means to achieve it.

This is the grey area try are trying to emphasize. Robespierre fits in the Templar ideology because he is willing to use excessive force and terror to achieve his ultimate goal(which is not a bad thing freedom justice equality etc). And nothing proves Robespierre condoned of Elise's fathers death. He most likely was in the opposition group that ousted him from the Templars(something he did with the Girondin government as well) but didn't order his death. Each Templar can have different views. Take Haytham that did it on principal and hickey that did it for money and power.

Being a Templar doesn't make you evil and doesn't mean that you want complete brainwashing of the world. All Templars want order but the level of which is different for each. And same goes for the assassins. The orders shift back and forth between their internal factions throughout history.

You see the overlord style Templars in MD and AC1, Greedy ones in Ezio's games, and Ones that promote colonial freedom(albeit under their guidance) in AC3.

Weither you are assassins or Templars it doesn't make you good or evil. This is the perception they are trying to fix with rogue and unity.

It's no coincidence we are seeing characters considered by many to be good associated with the Templars. Thus far namely Benjamin Franklin and Robespierre.

It's a good direction they are taking and it makes sense. Any figure can fit into assassins or Templars. What will change though is how radically they support that factions ideals based on how the real person was.

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Arno looks like a terrible character so far.

Elise looks gr8

dunno about this marquise de robespierre bloke. is he historical?

VitoAuditore
10-16-2014, 10:11 PM
I agree with mayrice, the game itself looks awesome i think but i am not that hyped for arno himself. that could change, tho. I didnt give a damn about edward before I played ac4 and now hes my 2nd fav. elise already looks like a great character, theres a certain authority about her(respect mah autoritah!).

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Edward was funny but I didn't invest in him.

VitoAuditore
10-16-2014, 10:15 PM
btw mayrice, isnt it way more fun to check if robbes~ was historical instead of asking on the forums? I have always loved to check the actual history out when i saw the characters of ac :p. and edward is preference, I guess. I was also doing wrong things-making wrong choices for a long part of my life, until I changed with the help of others. maybe I see that part of myself in edward :p just like more popular people or witty people would maybe see more in ezio, or the brooding type loving connor.

DumbGamerTag94
10-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Arno seems cool to me. Sort of like a sober Jack Sparrow that was raised by rich people.

Elise seems like trouble.

Marquis du Sade seems like a real mind**** waiting to happen....just when you'll think he's just a madman doing weird things it will turn out he was actually manipulating everything to his liking the whole time!! He was inspired by Hannibal lecter according to an article I read. So expect evil SADISTIC schemer.

Robespierre seems cool. So far he seems ok to me. I haven't really seen enough to know for sure if I like him as a character. I just hope they nail his character. Seeing as he's probably the most important figure of the French Revolution.

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
@vito

I googled his name but nothing came up.

I figured he wasnt real but am clarifying here

edit:

oh no wonder. I heard and typed the wrong name.

Shahkulu101
10-16-2014, 10:30 PM
How does Arno seem terrible? Based on what?

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:31 PM
He looks super bland so far.

roostersrule2
10-16-2014, 10:33 PM
I have a theory on the glyphs.

The last official grandmaster of the Templars was a man by the name of Jacques De Molay, he spent some time in a French prison, which looks to be where Arno is at the time. There is also evidence that gives Molay some relevance during the revolution, when one of the French monarchs was being beheaded, a man stood on the stage and yelled "Jaques De Molay, thou have been avenged", as he was burnt at the stake 400 years earlier. I think that he wrote those gylph things for whatever reason.

What's interesting to note is that Amancio has mentioned him in the story, although there is another place he may be showing up in but I can't talk about it,

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:35 PM
I don't even bother with the glyphs.

I never cared about them before but now that they require a companion app I def aint touching them.

And not by choice, either. I literally have no touch devices.

Shahkulu101
10-16-2014, 10:39 PM
You can't expect to get an idea of the character from tiny snippets of dialogue. But I know that's kind of obvious, I suppose there is a general 'feel' you can pick up from the character. That can always end up wildly inaccurate though. Would you have said Connor was bland from the trailers?

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:41 PM
I was just thinking about Connor from the trailers when I said that, actually.

And to retort: these are just my initial impressions and my opinion is subject to change.

like how I was super hyped for Infamous SS and ended up essentially hating it.

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 10:46 PM
I have a theory on the glyphs.

The last official grandmaster of the Templars was a man by the name of Jacques De Molay, he spent some time in a French prison, which looks to be where Arno is at the time. There is also evidence that gives Molay some relevance during the revolution, when one of the French monarchs was being beheaded, a man stood on the stage and yelled "Jaques De Molay, thou have been avenged", as he was burnt at the stake 400 years earlier. I think that he wrote those gylph things for whatever reason.

What's interesting to note is that Amancio has mentioned him in the story, although there is another place he may be showing up in but I can't talk about it,

Thing is that, according to the image in which we have theorized that Arno is looking at the glyphs, Arno is at La Bastille , and that prison was buit after de Molayīs death. But you might have a point.

TheHumanTowel
10-16-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't even bother with the glyphs.

I never cared about them before but now that they require a companion app I def aint touching them.

And not by choice, either. I literally have no touch devices.

You're a big fan of the modern day and yet you didn't bother with the glyphs which provide the most info on the modern day and are awesome?

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 10:49 PM
You're a big fan of the modern day and yet you didn't bother with the glyphs which provide the most info on the modern day and are awesome?

I never said I was a big fan of the modern day. I just don't want to see it die without a proper end to the juno saga.

I prefer versions of the modern day that are clearly entwined with the main narrative. Not side stuff.

Plus Glyphs were in the Ezio Trilogy and I'm not a big fan of that trilogy.

Xstantin
10-16-2014, 10:51 PM
I prefer versions of the modern day that are clearly entwined with the main narrative. Not side stuff.

Given that you need the app for glyphs, it's side stuff now anyway

Namikaze_17
10-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Hmm...Elise's actress looks hella- I mean I like the video. :)

Everyone seems pretty cool.

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 11:00 PM
I just find out the glyphs work through an app, what a letdown! Easily some of the BEST stuff AC has offered :(

JustPlainQuirky
10-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah forced app usage to use content that could have easily been included without the app is basically a middle finger from Ubi to people who arent fortunate enough to own touch devices.

ze_topazio
10-16-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't have a fancy enough cellphone or a tablet, no glyphs for me.

Namikaze_17
10-16-2014, 11:09 PM
He looks super bland so far.

This.

Kaschra
10-16-2014, 11:12 PM
The trailer was nice. At least it got me interested, unlike the last trailer.
Elise looks so badass. If she dies, I'll be mad.
Still not super interested in Arno, but at least he was a bit more interesting in this trailer.

I don't have a fancy enough cellphone or a tablet, no glyphs for me.

Yeah, I got the same problem.

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 11:16 PM
One pretty dumb question, does this companion add work in a Samsung Galaxy S4?

Namikaze_17
10-16-2014, 11:26 PM
It'll work better than my Android...:nonchalance:

ze_topazio
10-16-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm rocking my old Nokia 5230 and have no intention of buying a new one until it dies, cellphones have never been my thing, I only change them when they literately stop working.

One pretty dumb question, does this companion add work in a Samsung Galaxy S4?

Ain't that a super awesome phone? of course it works.

TheHumanTowel
10-16-2014, 11:30 PM
It'll work better than my Android...:nonchalance:
Samsung phones use Android though don't they?

Megas_Doux
10-16-2014, 11:34 PM
I

of course it works.

Oh well, thanks for the clarification, Still a very bad move though.

Namikaze_17
10-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Samsung phones use Android though don't they?

Not mine...

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607992143363245545&pid=1.7

TheHumanTowel
10-17-2014, 12:09 AM
Not mine...

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607992143363245545&pid=1.7
I'm pretty sure that is an android phone.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-17-2014, 12:21 AM
i have an optimus l5 I only got it for the name

projectpat06
10-17-2014, 02:13 AM
I'm really starting to like the internal conflicts that might be taking place with Arno as a character. The French Revolution already has parallels to the Assassins in that they believe in achieving freedom for all by executing those who stand for power and control. Hopefully Arno sees struggles to side with the Assassins as he sees the madness in Robespierre/Revolutionaries.

LoyalACFan
10-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Gotta love how they essentially copied that scene of Arno escaping guards through the window directly from the first sequence of AC2 :rolleyes:

I like him though. He seems wittier than Ezio but more personable than Altair.

Moultonborough
10-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Gotta love how they essentially copied that scene of Arno escaping guards through the window directly from the first sequence of AC2 :rolleyes:

I like him though. He seems wittier than Ezio but more personable than Altair.

I noticed that too which I find very funny. ;)

Can't really say what his personality is really like from just snippets.

pirate1802
10-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Not really juiced up by the trailer.. Don't know why. Unity is supposed to be the definitive AC game, back to its roots, refining the core pillars and all that, Paris looks gorgeous too but for some reason I'm not at all hyped for it. Yes it's still an AC game and I love AC games, but that's about it. Everything about it on the story side seems ...terribly generic? even compared to other ACs.It was the same last year with Black Flag but somehow Black Flag managed to wow me when I actually played it. Hopefully this time it'll be the same. I'm more excited about that 60$ DLC of Black Flag and that I think speaks volumes.

Farlander1991
10-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Elise sure loves pointing guns at people.

pirate1802
10-17-2014, 09:33 AM
She has a gun fetish :rolleyes:

RinoTheBouncer
10-17-2014, 12:43 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/288z9c4.png

someone needs to depict this image asap!

All hail Clay Kazmareck and Desmond Miles, died for our sins, and gave us a new world.