PDA

View Full Version : Change your username!

Ubi-Noemie
10-16-2014, 10:27 AM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/870f34bdc680565611596e1016133cb3.jpg

Today we have an important announcement to make: You told us how appealing you’d find the ability to change your Uplay Username, so for the last few months we redoubled our efforts to develop and implement this feature for you.

We are pleased to announce that changing your Uplay username is now a feature on Uplay.com!

How to change your Username

Simply log on to Uplay.com and visit the "Profile" section. Each user of a Uplay account can now edit his/her Username that is stored in the "Profile" section by entering a new Username.

Type your new/favorite name in the Username box. A quick check will be made, and if the Username is available click on the Save button and you’re done!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/e2d7ac8cec2409535cd833f27c896734.jpg

We hope to implement the ability to change your Username directly into Uplay consoles, Uplay PC, and Uplay Companion App (on mobiles and tablets) in the very near future.

What's the difference between your Legacy Username and your New Username?

Your current Username will now become your ‘Legacy Username’, which cannot be changed, but will be saved permanently on your account.
Your Legacy Username is a personal identifier displayed in your account information page only, and is unique to you. Your Legacy Username will be required for old Ubisoft titles prior to October 14th.

Your New Username, a personal identifier as well, appears in your profile on Uplay.com, is displayed into Uplay consoles and PC (friends list included) and in-game for all the future Ubisoft titles, starting October 14th.
Your New Username will automatically be your current Username until you decide to change it.

How long can Username be?

Your Username must start with a letter and may contain 3 to 15 characters with letters, digits, underscores (_), dashes (-), and dots (.).

Before changing your Username

Changing your Username is not a decision to be taken lightly, and it’s certainly not something you should do on a regular basis.
If you decide to change your Username, while you won’t lose your saved games, your friends list, or anything else, many people might suddenly start to wonder who you are and why they added you in their Friends list. So make sure you get it right!

But that's not all. Today we release a brand new website which will take your gaming experience to the next level!

- Never miss any of our Ubisoft news, offers and events with our new timeline!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/8927663b20e102d13171e26858e85d7b.jpg

- Get instant access to the community statistics of your favorite games!

- Keep in touch with your friends with our new chat system... Whether they are in-game or surfing a Ubisoft website!

- View your rank and compare your in-game statistics to your friends' ones!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/53c9c45ef31ce04171117fbe3322a641.jpg

We hope the changes we’re implementing today today will enhance your Ubisoft experience. We look forward to your feedback, and we appreciate each of you for taking the time to let us know your opinions and observations on Uplay!

YazX_
10-16-2014, 11:17 AM
awesome thx :)

olafurw
10-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Awesome!! The new site looks amazing!

Alcatraz1337
10-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Sounds like an awesome feature in itself, but guys please think it through a bit more. All those funny people are going to change their names 15 times a week which will create a big confusion the more people do it.

My point is that all this feature needs is some kind of limit like only 1 username-change per year, or at least include a feature into the uplay overlay that allows you to check the Legacy-Username of specific players with just a few mouse clicks.

Please consider what I mentioned.

Greetings!

Ubi-Leorthian
10-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Hello Alcatraz1337,

We appreciate the concern. We're aware of the confusion that the system could cause for people who decide to regularly change their names and we're looking at a number of ways to help users stay informed.

Please don't hesitate to give us any additional feedback you may have once you've had more time to see the system in use.

Sushiglutton
10-16-2014, 04:50 PM
If I change my user name, will my forum name also change? I would like to have a different name on UPlay/online-games than I have on these forums. And I would like it so that noone I play with will be able to find out my forum name. Is this possible with the new system?

Reason being that I would like to play with people without telling them I wasted my time making 4k posts :).

Thankful for an answer!

rrebe
10-16-2014, 05:54 PM
If I change my user name, will my forum name also change? I would like to have a different name on UPlay/online-games than I have on these forums. And I would like it so that noone I play with will be able to find out my forum name. Is this possible with the new system?

Reason being that I would like to play with people without telling them I wasted my time making 4k posts :).

Thankful for an answer!

It seems it doesn't change the forum name (made my uplay name shorter and nothing happened to the forum name)

Great feature!

Desmond.Miles.
10-16-2014, 07:54 PM
the word gay, which by the way means happy, is blacklisted
is that homophobia ubi? care to explain?

edit: I wonder what judges in court would say about this...

Anykeyer
10-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Hello Alcatraz1337,

We appreciate the concern. We're aware of the confusion that the system could cause for people who decide to regularly change their names and we're looking at a number of ways to help users stay informed.

Please don't hesitate to give us any additional feedback you may have once you've had more time to see the system in use.

Dont introduce limits. Just display original legacy name somewhere in public profile and uplay pc client (same menu from where u can block, delete or start voice chat)
Amost every other service does this and it works.

Ubi-Leorthian
10-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone,

Desmond.Miles: I don't have a list of words/phrases that are restricted, but it makes sense to me that any words that can be, and are, regularly used in an offensive context are restricted. I personally have close family members who are gay and I take no offence in this restriction (if it exists). I'm pretty sure that no judge would take action in a case like this, but I'm not a legal expert and I'd have to suggest that you contact the Ubisoft legal team to follow up on this further.

Anykeyer: Thanks for giving us your feedback. In general we agree and would prefer to go with a system that lists prior names and/or the legacy name, but we won't rule anything out just yet.

Eufras1a
10-17-2014, 09:08 AM
don't know why but after that update i can't edit my avatar
i have installed it but it keeps asking again and again
then i installed it twice, thrice but i failed it's not working

Ubi-Leorthian
10-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Hello prashantshaan,

Thanks for contacting us with your issue. I just checked and I was able to edit my avatar without issue. I'd suggest that you contact the Ubisoft Support team for assistance, they should be able to provide you with technical assistance on the matter. You can contact them through our ticket system's webform found by clicking on "My questions" on this page: https://support.ubi.com and then clicking "Ask a Question"
Alternatively, if you would like to contact support by phone you can find contact numbers for our regional support teams here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Sushiglutton
10-17-2014, 02:23 PM
It seems it doesn't change the forum name (made my uplay name shorter and nothing happened to the forum name)

Great feature!

Cheers Rebel, wiill try it out :)!

bolz87
10-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Guys what are you talking about? This "feature" sucks a lot! You can't change the forum name and still the old games (as of now, all of them) will still require the original nickname so really, this update is totally useless, especially for people that have asked it for online games!

Anykeyer
10-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Older games have to be patched individually. Nothing unexpected. Simply changing legacy name itself usually breaks online profiles in older games. Im surprised to see AC4 actually using new name instead of legacy, even if it was released almost a year ago.

PhantomPouet
11-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Thank you very much for this feature, just one thing, why we can't use an username already taken ? (With Steam for exemple, two persons can have same username) It would be cool

Ubi-Leorthian
11-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Hello phantom-playR,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about the new system. If you take part in online games, it's possible that you'll end up in a match where multiple people all have the same name, for example there could be four Ezio's. For clarity's sake if nothing else, people using individual names is useful.

He11catTV
11-14-2014, 06:48 AM
i have no option to change my name in my profile

Bu1ld0g
11-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Not a month ago I was arguing with support over this very issue and was told it was impossible to change usernames.
After much pointless banter I decided to set up a new account with a username I myself chose, not my email address that was assigned without my ability to change it.
Now you reveal this?

This would have been known to be an existing ongoing change within the program and for support to blatantly lie about it is just yet another nail in this companies coffin.

Ubi-Leorthian
11-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Hello Jyrel,

At the moment the Uplay website is only displaying a "lite" version while work is ongoing to address some issues that have arisen. It is possible that this is the reason why you are unable to access the name change options. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, but you will be able to use the service once the full website is available again.

Hello Bu1ld0g,

I'm sorry that they didn't notify you that the system was in development, but until close to the release of the new website and naming system the support team would have had no way of knowing at what date this system was going to be introduced. With a system like this, it was also always possible that there would be delays in releasing it as interfacing with older games could have led to unexpected issues.

LegendzX
11-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Great to have this option.

Shnooks217
11-17-2014, 01:52 AM
When will maintenance be over to be able to change my screen name? I've been trying for 2 days but it won't let me.

PhantomPouet
11-21-2014, 02:39 PM
On http://acinitiates.com/ username used is my old one, it's normal ?

Ubi-Leorthian
11-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Hello phantom-playR,

Thank you for contacting us with your question. The AC Initiates system is not yet hooked up to the new username system. Work is ongoing by the Initiates team though, and we'd love to see the introduction of the new system in the future.

PhantomPouet
11-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Ok, thanks

Professorum
10-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Will a new username replace eventually the original legacy username? Or the original legacy username will remain as is?

Ubi-Cain
10-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Will a new username replace eventually the original legacy username? Or the original legacy username will remain as is?

Legacy usernames will remain as is. They are ingrained into the games that require them and as such can't be changed or removed without complications.

As the name suggests however they are strictly legacy names and won't be used for anything else in the future and haven't been used for a while now.

/Cain

RektorDonz007
10-18-2015, 05:21 PM
any idea why my xbox gamertag (RektorDonz007) is on the restricted list for a legacy username?

AmbitiousGuy69
12-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Legacy usernames will remain as is. They are ingrained into the games that require them and as such can't be changed or removed without complications.

As the name suggests however they are strictly legacy names and won't be used for anything else in the future and haven't been used for a while now.

/Cain

I am screaming in pain.

Sir-PotatoLa
03-20-2018, 11:58 PM
Hi all.

So I had an old user name that I completely hate and I wanted to change it. So I go to the site as said, and I go to my profile and change my picture. The picture appears to be saved properly but once I try to change my name it, it stays in the loading screen for 30 minutes. (Maybe more, this is just at the time I wrote this) (Edit: Also note that my old name is / was " Sir-Potatola ", I hate this name lol, but I wish to change it.)

How can you fix this? What should I do?

Any help would be great. Thanks