PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag Community Challenges

L100Seraphs
10-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Hi,

I got Black Flag for my birthday in September, and I've been really enjoying it.
However, I'm having a little trouble. I'm trying to unlock all the weapons/etc. in the game, and some of them say I need to complete community challenges.
However, I can't figure out how to view the community challenges, let alone complete them.
I've found some convoys, white whales, and a couple of social chests, but the "community challenges" seem like they must be different?

What's the go with community challenges? How do I go about completing them?

Moultonborough
10-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Connects with Initiates. Since it is down currently I wouldn't bet on getting them till it's up again.

hood3dassassin5
10-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Community challenges were scheduled events where the whole community had to reach a certain goal(ex. assassinate ___________ enemies,etc.). Unfortunately, the last one ran from the end of July through August, so now, if you haven't done the community challenges when they were up, there's no way to get the items released through it.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Hi There have been several rounds of CommunityChallenges to unlock the items - the last one happened about a month ago.

They are currently on hold, but may happen again in the future if there is demand.

L100Seraphs
10-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I don't quite follow - the community challenges are online challenges of some sort, as I understand?
You say they may occur again if there is sufficient demand - does that mean that if not, there will be no more? How will I unlock the items if the events do not run again, and surely you do not mean to tell me that Ubisoft will be dropping support for the game already? If the last events were in August, and there are no more, that would mean Ubisoft has stopped supporting Black Flag after only ten months?

I hope that this is a misunderstanding on my part - I would be very worried to learn that future games like Rogue and Unity may also have less than 1 year of support.

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi There have been several rounds of CommunityChallenges to unlock the items - the last one happened about a month ago.

They are currently on hold, but may happen again in the future if there is demand.

Seeing as Black Flag is now being bundled with AC Unity for Xbox One, I would hope so.

Farlander1991
10-15-2014, 02:31 PM
If it's not practical to regularly launch community challenges on a long-term basis, would it be possible to have a patch that would just remove the conditions for those items so they'd be unlocked from the get go?

I don't want to promote piracy, and I know of this only because I've searched out of curiosity, but pirates can get a version of AC4 with all the community challenge items unlocked. While the legit community can't. Kinda seems unfair to be honest.

Kakuzu745
10-15-2014, 08:00 PM

There is demand!!! :D

Especially now that we will have the bundles with the Xbox1 and the Americas Collection!

L100Seraphs
10-16-2014, 05:52 AM
There are some good ideas and valid points brought up here, thanks for the support guys.

I definitely think there's at least -some- demand to do another round of community challenges, and I expect the Xbox One bundle and the Americas collection to have an impact there.
I also agree with Farlander - if the community challenges are simply not practical to run, the community challenge unlocks should just be given to anyone who hasn't been given the opportunity to unlock them.
However, with the Unity bundle and Americas collection on the horizon, I am confident that Ubisoft will run the challenges again or unlock them.
I think it would be at best foolish, and at worst unethical, to release a couple of bundles in time for the holiday season with unsupported online features out-of-the-box, for a game that's only just about to have its first birthday.

nickroos3
10-29-2014, 12:51 PM
I hereby voice my opinion on the community challenges

I am planning to get the Xbox One bundle with Unity and Black Flag, only to learn that the community challenges came to an end.
I would be very dissapointed in Ubisoft if they were to drop support for the community challenges and in the long run, the complete game itself.

If they are looking for demand for the community challenges, Ubisoft dev just needs to google community challenges. Forums are overloaded with people who did not get them or did not have the oppertunity to get them -> demand for community challenges.

If they do not patch the community challenge items, it would definetely impact my future purchases of Ubisoft.

Kakuzu745
10-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Whoever wants to voice their opinion on the subject, please click on the post in my signature. That is where Shade gave the "official response" so maybe if we centralize all of the posts there we can get these freaking challenges back!!!

dparra85
09-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Hello, there. I am unable to see the signature link for the challenges.