PDA

View Full Version : Achilles' voice actor - same or different?

LeftistHominid
10-15-2014, 03:30 AM
Achilles was in the story trailer. I couldn't tell just based off of the one sentence, is Roger Aaron Brown still his voice actor?

HiddenKiller612
10-15-2014, 03:40 AM
They more than likely chose a younger voice actor for him. From the video he sounds quite different than he did in AC3

ace3001
10-15-2014, 03:59 AM
Achilles was in the trailer? I didn't even notice. He was mentioned, but I didn't actually see him or hear him speak. I should probably pay more attention to these.

The_Kiwi_
10-15-2014, 06:50 AM
If Roger Brown isn't Achilles, I will cry.
Legit.

Moultonborough
10-15-2014, 07:43 AM
As Achilles is about 20 or so years younger I would not be surprised if they got a new VA.

The_Kiwi_
10-15-2014, 07:46 AM
As Achilles is about 20 or so years younger I would not be surprised if they got a new VA.

Roger Craig Smith played Ezio throughout the 40~ years we played as him
I don't think it would be Achilles without Brown

Aphex_Tim
10-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Achilles was voiced by an old dude in AC3 and his voice in the trailer did sound different. It only makes sense of course.
Judging from the trailer, the new VA will do a terrific job on voicing younger Achilles

LoyalACFan
10-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Roger Craig Smith played Ezio throughout the 40~ years we played as him
I don't think it would be Achilles without Brown

It's much easier for a young man to sound old than it is for an old man to sound young. Your vocal cords age and become less flexible, just like the rest of your body.

Achilles was voiced by an old dude in AC3 and his voice in the trailer did sound different. It only makes sense of course.
Judging from the trailer, the new VA will do a terrific job on voicing younger Achilles

Agreed.

The_Kiwi_
10-15-2014, 08:30 AM
I remember in an ACR trailer, Alta´r sounded different and spoke differently than he did in the actual game scene, so hopefully this is the case here and Roger Brown is still Achilles

LoyalACFan
10-15-2014, 08:34 AM
I remember in an ACR trailer, Alta´r sounded different and spoke differently than he did in the actual game scene, so hopefully this is the case here and Roger Brown is still Achilles

They just rerecorded one of his lines with a different VA and played it out of context so it wouldn't be too spoilery, if I remember correctly. I'm extremely doubtful that Mr. Brown is back.

Farlander1991
10-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Speaking of different VAs, anybody remember Ezio's voice from TGS Ezio Destiny trailer and the Launch trailer? And the "Leonardo DaVinci, I'm in your debt" line that was overdubbed over whatever there was originally was horrible (maybe not the way the line itself was delivered, but how it looked way out of place).

EDIT: Btw, what was the ACR trailer with different Altair voice? I don't remember Altair ever speak in any of the ACR trailers.

souNdwAve89
10-15-2014, 09:19 AM
I would like Roger Brown back too, but at the same time, I understand why they went with another voice actor to voice a young Achilles. I thought the line delivery in the story trailer wasn't bad. Looking forward to the game.

The_Kiwi_
10-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Btw, what was the ACR trailer with different Altair voice? I don't remember Altair ever speak in any of the ACR trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkpxFgNAFxM
Same voice actor, but spoken differently

For comparison, skip to 6:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPM_KSofBLk

I know it's not a trailer, I spoke a falsehood...
It's a gameplay demo released before the game

pacmanate
10-15-2014, 02:14 PM

This. Mentioned it in another thread too. Whoever voiced Achilles, I saw him in a movie about a month ago and he old.