PDA

View Full Version : Should I really bother with the PC version of Rogue?

LeftistHominid
10-14-2014, 04:02 AM
So Ubisoft quietly announced Rogue would be coming to Windows in "early 2015."

Is it worth waiting until then for Rogue.

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 04:52 AM
Personally, I don't think so. I'm going to buy Rogue twice. A console version so I don't have to wait, and a PC version for the best experience.

LeftistHominid
10-14-2014, 05:11 AM
Personally, I don't think so. I'm going to buy Rogue twice. A console version so I don't have to wait, and a PC version for the best experience.

The way I see it, when Unity comes out, it will be badly optimized, so it would be best to wait a couple weeks on it.
Rogue has the better story, so I would like to have Rogue playable at launch.

naumaan
10-14-2014, 05:16 AM
well i have to buy it eventually on a pc as i cant afford a console

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 07:03 AM
The way I see it, when Unity comes out, it will be badly optimized, so it would be best to wait a couple weeks on it.
Rogue has the better story, so I would like to have Rogue playable at launch.

That's a good way of seeing it, I guess. But either way, there's an AC for all of us to enjoy.

uriic17
10-14-2014, 08:15 AM
i think that rouge is the same thing as black flag and freedom cry just another naval game just now its gatting alot worse you are a templar the foe of the assassins.

I had Enough frome naval expireance.

my opinone DO NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 09:52 AM
i think that rouge is the same thing as black flag and freedom cry just another naval game

Rogue*

Black Flag and Freedom Cry were some of the best Assassin's Creed yet. If Rogue's the next chapter of Black Flag and Freedom Cry, we should all expect it to be great as well.

just now its gatting alot worse you are a templar the foe of the assassins.

How is being a Templar a lot worse? You are still an assassin, just not an Assassin. And there are no reason for it to offer a worse experience. Non.

AherasSTRG
10-14-2014, 10:08 AM
i think that rouge is the same thing as black flag and freedom cry just another naval game just now its gatting alot worse you are a templar the foe of the assassins.

I had Enough frome naval expireance.

my opinone DO NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

Assassin's Creed games have an 18+ rating, son. You should wait until you are older to play them.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Guys.. lets remain civil ;)

strigoi1958
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
To the OP yes you should be bothered to wait for Rogue unless you have a console as well and can get both like Fatal Feit :D.

I've enjoyed the AC series immensely, and as much as I had enjoyed ACR and ACB, when AC3 came out it was a step forward.

And now we have a game that puts us back in touch with AC3 it is awesome.... plus we get to play a bad/ good guy. (depending on your point of view ;))

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 12:40 PM
And now we have a game that puts us back in touch with AC3 it is awesome.... plus we get to play a bad/ good guy. (depending on your point of view ;))

Personally, I don't like to use the term good guy or bad guy, just morally grey. We are way past the Ezio Trilogy days. Since AC:3, the Templars are no longer a bunch of power hungry, scooby-doo snobs who's only desire are to enrich themselves. And I prefer it that way.

:p

strigoi1958
10-14-2014, 12:48 PM
This will bridge the story line between AC3 and AC4. In fact I think I'm going to play them all in order.... Hmmm now I'm not sure. Do you think rogue would be first then AC3 then AC4

naumaan
10-14-2014, 12:58 PM
This will bridge the story line between AC3 and AC4. In fact I think I'm going to play them all in order.... Hmmm now I'm not sure. Do you think rogue would be first then AC3 then AC4

after watching the older adewale in rogue story trailer .. i think its after ac4 .. and before ac3

Fatal-Feit
10-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Well...

Play AC:IV, Freedom Cry, and the first 3 sequences of AC:3 first. Then move onto Rogue, and once you've complete it, finish up the rest of AC:3, which are the parts with Connor. That would complete the 18th Century Saga, chronologically. Although, MD would be scrambled.

If you have Liberation HD, or want to include it, play the next 2 sequences of AC:3, and then play Liberation HD. After THAT, then you finish up the entire saga with AC:3. I believe that should make sense.

YazX_
10-14-2014, 01:56 PM
it doesnt matter to me which one comes first, ill get both :)

playlisting
10-14-2014, 02:11 PM
I would wait. There's a lot of other games coming out in the next month or two to keep you entertained, and Rogue will most likely go down in price by the time the PC version arrives (not to mention PC titles are generally cheaper anyway).

strigoi1958
10-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Well...

Play AC:IV, Freedom Cry, and the first 3 sequences of AC:3 first. Then move onto Rogue, and once you've complete it, finish up the rest of AC:3, which are the parts with Connor. That would complete the 18th Century Saga, chronologically. Although, MD would be scrambled.

If you have Liberation HD, or want to include it, play the next 2 sequences of AC:3, and then play Liberation HD. After THAT, then you finish up the entire saga with AC:3. I believe that should make sense.

That sounds good to me.... but I'll skip liberation as it didn't give me the "Assassin" feel the first time round.... but it will be nice to see them all interact.

D_cover
10-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I played Rogue at EGX it plays like AC IV but with a few extra animations in the climbing area.

I'd say if you want a new prospective of the Templar's and want to know more about the story go for it. But if you are after just gameplay I think you can continue on forward with AC Unity.

I plan to go back and check it out once it is out on PC since the AA is pretty bad on the consoles.

Fatal-Feit
10-15-2014, 06:46 PM
a few extra animations in the climbing area.

There are new climbing/parkour animations!? :eek: Are you referring to the new chase breaker?