PDA

View Full Version : Fall damage in AC?

andreycvetov
10-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Am I the only one who doesnt like the fact that with each ac ,the main protagonist can take more and more fall damage ? That our hero can do air assassinations from ridiculous heights and that he can jump from an edge and grab something 10 metres below him ,without his hands tearing off? I know that the franchise has some elements that are unrealistic ,but I personaly don't approve the way they make the main hero's parkour style . What do you think?

pacmanate
10-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I agree, wrote a similar thing. I think with parkour down, fall damage will be increased, otherwise it renders parkour down useless

Also some boots have added stats of "less fall damage", so I suspect that fall damage has indeed been increased if you would even contemplate getting boots with that stat.

andreycvetov
10-13-2014, 11:30 AM
In a gameplay video ,the dude playing jumped of ,like 15 metres ,and it didnt even damage Arno .Even in the second gameplay video of Unity ,where they fist show the parkour down thing of Notre dame ,almost every grab Arno does is impossible to do

Matt.mc
10-13-2014, 12:14 PM
That's another thing I love about Watch Dogs, the fall damage is probably the most realistic in any game. If you fall like 3 stories you die.

m4r-k7
10-13-2014, 02:18 PM
The fall damage has definitely been increased in this one. In one of the off screen gameplay demo's the player made Arno jump off from about halfway up Notre Dame and he didn't die lol

hood3dassassin5
10-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Agreed. I always wondered why you could pull assassinations from ridiculous heights and not get hurt.

Eh, it's just another glitch in the Animus :rolleyes:

topeira1980
10-13-2014, 04:56 PM
The fall damage has definitely been increased in this one. In one of the off screen gameplay demo's the player made Arno jump off from about halfway up Notre Dame and he didn't die lol
i've seen an off-screen gameplay where the player jumped from the top of notre dame to a balcony too far below and lost half his health. in reality such a fall would kill him, though. i hope that fall damage will increase but i think UBI has reduced fall damage because it was aware that controlling descent was so hard that you'd kill yourself when you accidently fall off a building when you clearly didnt intend to. it was a good choice.

if in unity you can easily control descent than i think fall damage should be increased.

LoyalACFan
10-13-2014, 06:39 PM

I'm pretty sure they were playing on god mode, weren't they?

pacmanate
10-13-2014, 06:40 PM
I would have thought some things were made easier cause preview event and all.

m4r-k7
10-13-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they were playing on god mode, weren't they?

Nope because in the same video, he died in combat

Sushiglutton
10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
So how often will you fall in Unity really (I know you can, because I saw that vid too)? I mean with controlled descent you don't really have to "take a shot" anymore like in the old games lol

pacmanate
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
So how often will you fall in Unity really (I know you can, because I saw that vid too)? I mean with controlled descent you don't really have to "take a shot" anymore like in the old games lol

But if its quicker why not? I honestly think fall damage needs to be realistic to warrant boots that decrease fall damage. At this rate, I could jump off the top of notre dame with special boots and survive.

Xstantin
10-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Wasn't it supposed to work the same way as Black Flag where the character rolls after hitting the surface?
Edit: from the article about navigation

#DevTip: If you fall too far and are about to take damage, use the Roll move as you land to minimize the damage taken.

Sushiglutton
10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
But if its quicker why not? I honestly think fall damage needs to be realistic to warrant boots that decrease fall damage. At this rate, I could jump off the top of notre dame with special boots and survive.

Yeah it looked way over the top in that vid and I also hope Ubi fix it before launch. I was just thinking in general, that it propbably should happen less frequently now as you have a relatively fast and safe way down anyway.

andreycvetov
10-13-2014, 08:24 PM
At this rate ac will look more like spider -man than a semi - realistic parkour game .I really hope they make it so ,that you have to be somewhat careful when you run in these games , not be like ,**** it ,its faster if i just fall 25 meters

Fatal-Feit
10-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Actually, you can take more fall damage in the previous titles because you have over 20 health bars. In the latest ones, you have to either assassinate or roll due to limited health.

Alphacos007
10-13-2014, 11:51 PM
How does one roll? I didn't even know you could do that if you fell from too high lol.