PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV stability issues!?

Desmond181
10-13-2014, 04:15 AM
I have recently bought a gtx 780ti from asus . its the dc u ii oc edition . i installed the latest 344.11 drivers
I dont run into any problems on stock settings . but if i increase the core . even 1 mhz . or touch the clocks . after 6 seconds of playing the game the screen goes black and the gpu fans kick in and i have to restart the pc . I am not having any issues with metro last light or more heavy games like crysis 3 and battle field 4. its just this game . ac3 and watch dogs . is anyone else having the same problem ? :mad: its getting on my nerves

Fatal-Feit
10-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Yep, got the exact same problem... Overclocking doesn't seem to work with Ubisoft titles. Terrible optimization, I tell ya. Hopefully someone here has a fix.

Anykeyer
10-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Take it to card's manufacturer. Game cant care less about your hardware details like clocks, it simply issues high level API commands to OS then OS sends it to driver then driver sends it to GPU. It sounds like driver is crashing.

strigoi1958
10-13-2014, 08:56 AM
TBH I wouldn't know for certain but all issues I have had have been driver issues. I used to spend a lot of time on the geforce forum and a lot of problems went away when setting O/C cards back to stock.

Although some cards would work overclocked and others wouldn't :confused:
I can understand Nvidia not liking O/C when cards get within 10% of the performance of a much more expensive card.

jeffies04
10-14-2014, 03:54 AM
There was one driver version where I had to turn down my OC with AC4. The next update I was able to turn it back up. I think it was more of a driver thing for me.