PDA

View Full Version : Y U Not Include Interactive Cameras?!?

AdamPearce
10-13-2014, 01:03 AM
I can't believe it ! After 3 years, they still haven't brought back the interactive cameras !? Like, why ? Why would they purposely remove an awesome feature (which was optionnal) like this ? They totally nailed it in ACR (it was one of the thing I loved the most in the game) but then messed up with AC3 (except for double counters), got even worse with AC4, and now it still looks crappy in ACU.

For those who don't get it; Interactive Cameras where basically an option that provided a new camera angle when you performed say a Air Assasination. In combat in was simply the finish moves. That small change made the execution much more enjoyable and brutal.

The reason I whine about it is because I feel like recent Assassination lack of impact. Though they did a good job on ACU with the sound effects on Air Assassination (we really hear Arno landing on his victim), the strike itself and the way it's displayed lack of genuine, it's flat, not pretty, not Awesome. Assassination used to drive me crazy, just like the Leaps of Faith, nowadays they just seem 'meeh'. And it's not because of adaption to their awesomness since I still get the chills when I kill in AC1-R.

There is also the question of the sound effects, remember ACI heavy high ended sound each time you killed someone ? That was great, just like the Eagle Cry on Leaps of Faith (removed in AC3 if I recall or AC4). I shall make a video to explain someday. But till then, here's a video which perfectly demonstrate the idea;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBWDWrhKUg

Arrr, I love it so much !

PedroAntonio2
10-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Because Ubisoft.

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Well, unfortunately I don't think this is remotely substantial to anything. I think it's meeeeeeeh
Just my opinion:)

AdamPearce
10-13-2014, 02:50 AM
Well, unfortunately I don't think this is remotely substantial to anything. I think it's meeeeeeeh
Just my opinion:)

http://i.imgur.com/BtoJW9k.png

Assassin_M
10-13-2014, 02:52 AM
woooooooow, bro...okay, chill....chill, okay? I'm sorry. I said things that may have been wrong. I want to retract those things. and say instead that yes, I agree with you...brink bak active inter cshamera plz :)

AdamPearce
10-13-2014, 02:57 AM
bro.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/754/happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

Fatal-Feit
10-13-2014, 03:44 AM
Something I dread from the older titles were the ******* camera. It's constantly fighting against me.

SixKeys
10-13-2014, 03:52 AM
I'm a bit confused - you mean the thing where the camera zooms in for a few seconds when you assassinate someone? I really don't miss it. Don't have anything against it, I just don't think it adds anything to the experience.

I do miss the old hidden blade sound effects. I'm pretty sure the eagle sound is still there when you do a Leap of Faith in AC3 and AC4.

AdamPearce
10-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Talking about this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPrKLYAgWfU

Skip to 1:40 for ACR's one (the bests).

LoyalACFan
10-13-2014, 06:12 AM
It was a really cool cinematic touch, but out of all the things that need fixing in AC, it's pretty low on my wishlist.

AdamPearce
10-13-2014, 06:36 AM
The thing is, it's a simple implant, it's not like I am asking them to revamp the mechanics or something. I'm pretty sure an afternoon (correct me if i'm wrong M) is enough to implement it. It's a small touch, but those little details are what makes a great experience rather than a good one (IMFO).

RinoTheBouncer
10-13-2014, 07:27 AM
I wish they bring us photo-mode instead, something as advanced as it is in INFAMOUS: Second Son. In case you donít know what it is, itís when you can pause the game and move the camera however you like, change the depth of field, zoom in/zoom out and maybe apply some effects and then take a screenshot and save it.

It would be totally useful since this is a true next-gen game.

Dev_Anj
10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Personally, I think it's too distracting to have the camera suddenly change to follow the flight path of the character while he/she's assassinating someone from a high place. It does look more dramatic, but I prefer having the camera centered on my character. Sorry, I don't agree with you.

Something I dread from the older titles were the ******* camera. It's constantly fighting against me.

Me too.

hood3dassassin5
10-13-2014, 04:32 PM
I wish they bring us photo-mode instead, something as advanced as it is in INFAMOUS: Second Son. In case you don’t know what it is, it’s when you can pause the game and move the camera however you like, change the depth of field, zoom in/zoom out and maybe apply some effects and then take a screenshot and save it.

It would be totally useful since this is a true next-gen game.

Like they have in Smash Bros.?

Xstantin
10-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Photomode would be awesome.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-13-2014, 05:42 PM
After recently playing inFamous, a photo mode would be nice to have, if it's possible of course. :)

GunnerGalactico
10-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Photomode would be awesome.

^ I agree. However, I don't feel the that the camera angle during assassinations is a "must-have" feature.

Fatal-Feit
10-13-2014, 10:43 PM
I agree with Rhino's photo mode idea. Pressing f12 to take screenshots on PC are fine, but they don't address the HUD issue.

If only the HUD was more like Dark Souls where they would fade after a few seconds until you press a button for them to reappear.