PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity - Gold Edition worth it?

EvilKaru
10-12-2014, 04:14 AM
Hi, my question is simple. Is it worth it to buy the Gold Edition? or is just the standard game with the Season Pass and nothing more?

Alphacos007
10-12-2014, 05:06 AM
It's just the standart game with the season pass included, but if you plan on getting the season pass, then the gold edition is totally worth it, considering the price is lower than the game + season pass separately.

naumaan
10-12-2014, 07:46 AM
well .. it was just standard game and season pass .. but later they changed its content to include the unite code, i bought gold edition from uplay, and after a month or so, i saw its contents change, i asked to make sure of it, they asked me to cancel and re order it to get the unite code,so i guess, i had the opportunity to get the complete game with all the things in the gold edition ...

naumaan
10-12-2014, 07:49 AM
what i got is a complete digital edition .. with everything included, however if you are looking for hard copy stuff .. or the guillotine gift codes, gold edition should not be your choice ..

Rado.Lukacs
10-13-2014, 05:01 PM
I wonder if it will be possible to have a physical copy of the game in a foreign language and still have all the content available. (Do you think the things that are available through the Unite program will be included in the standard DLC packs?)

Thank you for your answers. :)

Chrisday0
10-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Two things concern me now about the Gold edition.

Firstly this game is going to need roughly 50gb of free space to store the game... Okay I can do that but I will have to constantly download for a whole week to do that... perhaps I should get the dvds of the game instead...??? difficult to decide if I really want to...

Secondly I've been keeping thew ACUnity Gold edition in my Uplay shopping cart waiting for the system requirements and now I see that the Gold edition has INCREASED IN PRICE from AUD $99.95 up to AUD $109.95 and is still calling that a 'promo price'... seriously??? Ubisoft are making the game so high in system requirements that most PC gamers will have to buy whole new rigs and graphics cards and the gold edition of the game itself is INCREASING IN PRICE close to the release date??? WHY???

I'm going to have to shell out over $100 just to get a new operating system (black flag didn't need a 64bit OS) to run ACUnity and I think this just might be the last straw. Even with enough hardware to actually run Unity I might just wait a few months to see the price drop significantly for the PC version and get it then.

strigoi1958
10-25-2014, 02:41 PM
MS got a kick in the teeth from PC owners who refused to buy windows 8 and have since conceded that it was a failure. They're trying everything to get PC owners to like it including restricting the latest DX11 with some great features to win 8.

I guess a lot of big companies are encouraging game makers to get us to buy their products. Having said that..... the next OS win 10 ??? does look great and I run win 7 64 bit and my applications seem faster.

Th3 Code
10-26-2014, 04:05 AM
I'm clearing this up real quick since nobody else has yet.

The Gold Edition is the standard game (upgraded to limited edition through preorder of course but this content will always remain in the Gold Edition).
ACU Gold also is the Limited Edition ACU + Season Pass, yes.
Finally, ACU comes with ALL preorder content within your region. This is supposed to be the main difference from purchasing the game + season pass is that you get the preorder content from every retailer and seller of the game within your region. This means if you live in the US, you WONT be getting any Unite Program content such as the Sabre of Honour though. And another part of speculation from some people and I know from experience is that Season Passes often come with all of the preorder content from each retailer.

So all in all, I am still looking for the honest to hell specifics which Ubisoft will never answer - but what they are trying to pitch off as the leading difference is the "ULC's" that are included, which essentially is stuff already in your game that is pre-locked and unlocked by your code from the specific place you ordered the game at.

Although if you do not live in Europe, then don't worry about the Unite code.

Tsuki_Murdock
10-26-2014, 05:17 AM
Then gold edition can play with Asia? Like chinese leagues? And if I come singapore using the preorder code from chinese version can use?

Th3 Code
10-26-2014, 05:35 AM
Possibly, it depends where you get the code from. I tried to purchase ACU Gold from a different website a few days ago because it was on a 25% discount, but it was EU and wouldn't let me purchase it. Ubisoft had effectively restricted that website from selling the product to people outside of the country digitally. But I'd probably ask Ubi Support before spending $100.

Chrisday0
11-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Possibly, it depends where you get the code from. I tried to purchase ACU Gold from a different website a few days ago because it was on a 25% discount, but it was EU and wouldn't let me purchase it. Ubisoft had effectively restricted that website from selling the product to people outside of the country digitally. But I'd probably ask Ubi Support before spending $100.

This site?
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/assassins-creed-unity-gold-edition

has anyone in Australia tried this version yet?

exact same product... UPLAY has it for AUD $109.95
STEAM has it for AUD $109.90
getgamesgo has it for US $76.49 or approx $90.28 AUD

DOES IT WORK???

OxIdOAC
11-02-2014, 02:06 PM
This site?
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/assassins-creed-unity-gold-edition

has anyone in Australia tried this version yet?

exact same product... UPLAY has it for AUD $109.95
STEAM has it for AUD $109.90
getgamesgo has it for US $76.49 or approx $90.28 AUD

DOES IT WORK???

Hi,

First of all, do you trust this website, i mean did you buy something from them in the past?
Why, you ask? Well, i live in Europe, an here is the same situation, main currency is € (euro) and in US is $, and we all know that euro is stronger currency than dollar, but the price is, funny, THE SAME. So, same game cost 45 $ and 45 €, which is not the same thing, 'coz 45€ is about 55$, do you see the difference? Now, for that reason many people buy digital games elsewhere, like G2Play or GreenManGaming sites. They sell games worldwide, and they are legit. I buy there all the time. Right now, Uplay sells Unity normal edition for 59,99€ and G2Play sells special edition for 45,99€, big difference. Choose wisely.

Have fun

Green_Reaper
11-02-2014, 08:35 PM
MS got a kick in the teeth from PC owners who refused to buy windows 8 and have since conceded that it was a failure. They're trying everything to get PC owners to like it including restricting the latest DX11 with some great features to win 8.

I guess a lot of big companies are encouraging game makers to get us to buy their products. Having said that..... the next OS win 10 ??? does look great and I run win 7 64 bit and my applications seem faster.

I've seen a video on Windows 10 and I feel like it's what Windows 8 should have been all this time. It is similar to how 7 operates but has some features from 8 incorporated. I might upgrade in the near future.

Hi, my question is simple. Is it worth it to buy the Gold Edition? or is just the standard game with the Season Pass and nothing more?

Prices always go down during holidays and given that we're near that time of year, I think we'll see drops and sales pretty soon. I'm planning to get the season pass separate, and have just the standard disk copy pre-ordered. If you live in the U.S. or Canada, this month we have Black Friday, and everyone is going to go crazy over sales.

Chrisday0
11-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Okay I've decided instead of getting the gold edition at all to get the standard edition from a local retailer for AUD $65 or AUD $69 depending on which one is quicker or has pre-order DLC I want and then get the season pass ($40 AUD) separately so that totals $105 or $109 and I will have the installation discs so I won't have to download ACU for a week to download the 50 GB it will take.
The mini art book from the other editions was the main incentive for any better edition and I think I would rather get the main art book through my book store anyway.

If Ubisoft are going to charge more for Australians to buy the digital only gold edition than to buy a retail copy and season pass separately then what's the incentive for the Gold edition at all?

x___Luffy___x
11-03-2014, 02:06 PM
i actually bought the Gold Edition from ORIGIN. its on sale right now. around 44 $. if there is someone who does nt hate Origin much can buy that. ;)

xTCAXLooney
11-03-2014, 04:16 PM
My only concern is buying the gold edition, and having the same issue with unity as most had with black flag. I just hope ubisoft got their **** together for this one so there's not the same issue. Or else 89.99 is a waist of money.