PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six "Behind the wall" blog

goblingee
10-10-2014, 10:08 AM
I see in the usual spirit of the forums that UBI have failed to communicate this to the forum community so I thought that I would post it.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-174404-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I am interested in hearing the community response to the opening paragraph in this blog, what do you think about it?

Trustworthy?
Instils faith in UBI's intentions with the Rainbow Six franchise?
Laughable?
Insulting to your intelligence?
Inconsistent with regard do the post Raven Shield games?

I would like to know what you guys think.

I also notice that there is no mention of Xavier Marquis's background, only that he is a lifelong FPS dev, there have been some really bad FPS games, I would like confirmation that he worked on the good ones though.

also Yann Sylvestre? was he with Redstorm when they made Rainbow Six Raven Shield or was his 1st Rainbow Six Lockdown? if so then he has been in it since it all went wrong.

I am not having a go at these guys but just want to hear more about their backgrounds and how the have such respect for the series and where they intend to take it, I can only assume that they are doing away with cinematics and nonesense.

Discuss....

RLC_SeMP
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM
In true UBI fashion it looks like the developers are answering questions on the sub-reddit forum and not here on the official. This one in particular has some info. https://www.reddit.com/user/electr1cpanda#page=1

Join the sub-reddit here https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/

Dirtymurph
10-15-2014, 04:15 AM
In all fairness, it would be a bad choice to do anything on this forum. It's dead and most of the people left on it aren't exactly catalysts for good conversation. I think Siege will be a fun game in the end. However, I'm a little concerned with them only showing alpha multiplayer aspects of the game. I feel like they're putting all of their money on selling the whole "no respawn" bit to suck people back in. Simply turning off respawn doesn't make it R6. Siege has been through several issues and somebody doesn't seem to have much confidence in what's being made. Which tells me it might not get the proper time or money it needs to be the best game it can be. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the alpha demo as a starting point and they're building the game around it. I hope I'm wrong.

Cortexian
10-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I find that a lot of the community oriented people at Ubisoft often get tunnel vision on deploying information out to social media and forgetting about the official forums. I've asked the community manager for Siege to ATTEMPT to release future information simultaneously across ALL mediums of communication for players.

I'm not entirely convinced this forum is dead at all, with 1.6 million registered accounts and hundreds of new posts a day across all the boards, there are definitely people still hanging around here. In all likelihood they just aren't participating in the speculatory conversations that are happening on the boards at the moment. When there's more FACTS on the boards I'm sure people will voice their opinions more readily.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi Freelancer852, I will escalate this issue, but we can only post information when it is available.

Ghost-117-16
10-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Post it where ever and however you want Ubisoft, as long as you keep the Intel coming, and keep listening to the suggestions of your hardcore fan base.

Ghost-117-16
10-20-2014, 03:24 AM
In true UBI fashion it looks like the developers are answering questions on the sub-reddit forum and not here on the official. This one in particular has some info. https://www.reddit.com/user/electr1cpanda#page=1

Join the sub-reddit here https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/

I've tried to compile the suggestions on this forum and post it on the subredit page

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/2jqvop/feature_suggestions_from_the_official_forum/

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-20-2014, 10:23 AM
That's a useful list, thank you for doing that

Ghost-117-16
10-20-2014, 03:51 PM
ur welcome :)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-20-2014, 03:56 PM
I have passed this along to the Development team.

Cortexian
10-20-2014, 05:53 PM
I also had a chat with the Community Manager for Rainbow 6 Siege for 30 minutes or so. I know him well from a previous project. He's awesome, and will probably get the information flow iron out sooner rather than later! ;)

Thanks for communicating to devs as well Mush!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I am also Community Manager for Rainbow Six: Siege, do you mean the Community Developer?

Cortexian
10-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Nope, I talked with ChemZero / UbiChem. Since you're EMEA I'm assuming he's NCSA Comm Manager.

:)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Yup ;)

Dome500
10-30-2014, 04:14 PM
In all fairness, it would be a bad choice to do anything on this forum. It's dead and most of the people left on it aren't exactly catalysts for good conversation. I think Siege will be a fun game in the end. However, I'm a little concerned with them only showing alpha multiplayer aspects of the game. I feel like they're putting all of their money on selling the whole "no respawn" bit to suck people back in. Simply turning off respawn doesn't make it R6. Siege has been through several issues and somebody doesn't seem to have much confidence in what's being made. Which tells me it might not get the proper time or money it needs to be the best game it can be. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the alpha demo as a starting point and they're building the game around it. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree on the "simply turning off respawn doesn't make it R6", disagree on the "most of the people left on it aren't exactly catalysts for good conversation".
Yeah some people are not the best for conversations but there are still the ones of us dropping in here and reading every once in a while (like me, some pals from the SC forums, and others) which are open for conversation and constructive discussions.

RedKnight5
10-31-2014, 04:03 PM
I agree on the "simply turning off respawn doesn't make it R6", disagree on the "most of the people left on it aren't exactly catalysts for good conversation".
Yeah some people are not the best for conversations but there are still the ones of us dropping in here and reading every once in a while (like me, some pals from the SC forums, and others) which are open for conversation and constructive discussions.

I agree with Dome. But I would also urge UbiSoft and it's Siege developers, to read and participate in these "Official UbiSoft RB6 Siege" game forums here... and not make your customers run around the Internet to Reddit, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to chase down and get the attention of the Siege developers!!! I don't have time to follow all these forums to get my opinions across in 140 characters or less.

I hope we are not wasting our time, here in these Official UbiSoft Forums, expressing our suggestions and opinions. This was and is still true in the BF4 Battlelog forums... and the EA moderators confirmed this from time to time in their answers to player posts. We were told to use the DICE Twitter page to be heard!!!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-31-2014, 04:22 PM
RedKnight5, please be aware your feedback is very important to us and we do read, gather and pass along to the developers.

You are definitely not wasting your time posting on here.

Please also feel free to PM me with anything.

ES-Ulukai
10-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Dedicated servers please ^^

RedKnight5
10-31-2014, 07:42 PM
RedKnight5, please be aware your feedback is very important to us and we do read, gather and pass along to the developers.

You are definitely not wasting your time posting on here.

Please also feel free to PM me with anything.

Thank you for listening and being here for us and for all your customers waiting to buy RB6 Siege!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Thank you for listening and being here for us and for all your customers waiting to buy RB6 Siege!

You are welcome :)

strigoi1958
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM

+1 on the forum being dead (no offence) but the pc side of the forums are pretty much populated by a handful of regular posters and diehard fans of each series... plus the odd newbie looking for an answer or to complain. The console side I don't know but people who do both say there's more conversation and slightly less moderator intervention in the console section.

Talking of newbie questions I'd better go post mine :D