PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Deluxe Edition upgrade

TheHiddenBlade.
10-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Hello everyone,

So I have the standard edition of Assassin's Creed II for my PC on Uplay, and I wish to upgrade it to the deluxe edition, to get the 3 bonus missions. Now I know this is not possible via the Uplay shop, but it is possible on Steam. So I thought (now its on sale); Can I buy an extra copy of ACII (the Deluxe Edition from Steam) without it getting errors with my normal copy on Uplay? I can uninstall it first though (but will it affect my Uplay game library for example?)

EDIT: Is Uplay even required for Assassins Creed II on steam? (because it says Steamplay.

`FLash

UbiVolfbane
10-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Due to the time and release of ACll, the game saves may not work together properly between Uplay and steam. You should be able to play the steam version without issues. However, please be careful when launching the versions of the game. If you come across any issues while attempting to play, please contact your local Support team. You may do so here: https://support.ubi.com

Alphacos007
10-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Uplay is indeed required to play even the Steam version, but as Volfbane said, both versions will work separately. There should not be any issues, but I'm pretty sure the save games from one wll not work on the other one, so remeber to always play the same version.

TheHiddenBlade.
10-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Uplay is indeed required to play even the Steam version, but as Volfbane said, both versions will work separately. There should not be any issues, but I'm pretty sure the save games from one wll not work on the other one, so remeber to always play the same version.

I see, but just to be clear: I want to get the deluxe version of Assassin's Creed II on Uplay.
I don't mind the fact that I'm buying the game twice, and I dont mind resetting my save files either/deleting my current copy of the game.
I just want to be sure that the game available on steam works with Uplay, and that the game will pop up in my Uplay game library (http://oi57.tinypic.com/13zzy51.jpg) without causing troubles.

Thanks, ~Flash

Alphacos007
10-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Yes, it works with Uplay and it does show up in your library. All my games are purchased on Steam, but they work flawlessly on Uplay.

TheHiddenBlade.
10-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Yes, it works with Uplay and it does show up in your library. All my games are purchased on Steam, but they work flawlessly on Uplay.

Thank you for your help.:D
~Flash

Alphacos007
10-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Happy to help :)