PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when you submit a report of cheating to UBIsoft

daemonmak
10-08-2014, 05:45 PM
2nd of September 2014

daemonmak9/2/2014 5:11:17 PM
Hi I would like to report a player who has been cheating in Ghost Recon Future Soldier multiplayer. He uses speedhack, aimbot, infinite ammo and permanent cloak. Many people have posted is video in the forums but this player is still around after so many months. Cheater's name: *name removed*

I have uploaded 3 videos of 30 seconds each of gameplay where the cheater was on my team and I recorded it using FRAPS.

All 3 videos are on youtube.

<removed>

Description of the cheats in use are in the video.

Please take action, I will be emailing your support team daily if I still see this cheater online. The evidence has been provided, make it happen.

Thank You.

Steven9/3/2014 2:30:46 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing.

daemonmak9/3/2014 2:47:03 PM
Hi, I would like to know if the said cheater will be banned? I have recorded a few more other players using hacks in the multiplayer.

Steven9/3/2014 3:55:05 PM
Unfortunately we can only pass your feedback on to the relevant department as we only deal with technical support queries.

We would not get any updates on the feedback that is passed on.

daemonmak9/6/2014 5:50:01 AM
Kindly direct me to the department who is in charge. I have provided ample proof of a user using hacks in the multiplayer and he is still playing online. There has been no action done. I have taken my time and effort to do the job of your developers and all I get is inaction? Would you accept this if you were in my shoes? I wish to escalate this, please expedite.

Steven9/8/2014 10:18:31 AM
Your case has been escalated and we will contact you once there is an update.

daemonmak9/14/2014 10:37:15 AM
It has been 12 days and still no update. Is it that difficult to ban a cheating player? I have provided all the proof, anybody who plays the game can see that the user is hacking. This cheater is still playing online today. I submitted the report on the 2nd of September. He is still cheating today. It is the 14th of September today.

daemonmak9/17/2014 4:48:30 AM
Update

daemonmak10/8/2014 4:41:57 PM
WHAT IS THE UPDATE? WHY IS THE CHEATER STILL UNBANNED

8th of October 2014

For the forum mods who cry no naming and shaming, SHAME ON YOU. You support the cheaters and hacks these lowlifes use, ubisoft does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about reported cheaters even with ample proof.

guest-0LOjO3tx
10-08-2014, 07:22 PM
So thats why the game is dead ? .... or is just me , you have problem to with the games ? I mean you enter in game easy or you need to wait ? ... cuz I didn't played a game in mutliplayer and I bought this game 2 days ago .

daemonmak
10-11-2014, 07:25 PM
latest update:

@ Ubisoft Customer Service:
Please accept my apologies for the delay in response, after a investigation relevant action has been taken against the reported player. Sorry this has impacted your enjoyment of the online aspect of the game.

RSA_Ghost
10-15-2014, 08:12 PM
great news thank you

Tully__
10-19-2014, 10:27 AM
For future reference, action on cheat reports is not as simple as "OK, he's cheating, we'll ban him". First, it does nothing to change things so that cheat can't be used by others. Second, it does nothing to prevent the cheat from creating a new account to do it again. Consequently, on receipt of a cheat report the parties responsible must do a bit of research and development which often involves monitoring the server and connection where cheaters are active to work out how the cheat works, then figure out a way to block it that doesn't impact legitimate players. The cheater's access must be left active for the first part of the research to be possible and it may be some time before enough information is captured to analyse how the cheat works, then more time to work out the second bit.

RSA_Ghost
10-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Well i really hope that they find something to block these cheats i hate the cheaters and they spoil the game for others im gona pm you with one cheat program i know of oky

RSA_Ghost
10-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Maybe this is also why just after the cheater was banned we cant connect to any games maybe a patch is coming will be great hope im right:)

Agi1eFlow
10-22-2014, 05:58 AM
85% of the matches I've connected to in the past few months have a damn cheater. Totally done with this game and uninstalling it. My favorite shooter is ruined.

IMPT-SwiFtY
10-26-2014, 11:23 AM
85% of the matches I've connected to in the past few months have a damn cheater. Totally done with this game and uninstalling it. My favorite shooter is ruined.

hi,
@ubisoft maintaince please lookup the players Ri420 and weelboy also . i can post proof on the illegality.

daemonmak
10-27-2014, 07:42 AM
For future reference, action on cheat reports is not as simple as "OK, he's cheating, we'll ban him". First, it does nothing to change things so that cheat can't be used by others. Second, it does nothing to prevent the cheat from creating a new account to do it again. Consequently, on receipt of a cheat report the parties responsible must do a bit of research and development which often involves monitoring the server and connection where cheaters are active to work out how the cheat works, then figure out a way to block it that doesn't impact legitimate players. The cheater's access must be left active for the first part of the research to be possible and it may be some time before enough information is captured to analyse how the cheat works, then more time to work out the second bit.

you know, i almost believed you when you said that the delay in banning cheater <removed> was due to the research and development etc. and figuring a way to block that hack so that it doesn't impact players.

until i saw this <removed>

same hack, same characteristics, weeks after your reply. if the parties involved lack the competence or the resources to carry out their anti cheat measures, come clean so the players will not get hoodwinked into thinking something good is happening, so we can stop playing and getting pissed at the cheaters who ruin this game. i got to be honest with you, a LOT of people are angry at the fact that there is no support for anti cheat apart from avenues to report them. you could make everyone feel a lil better by saying oh UBIsoft is working on other new games that actually make money so don't look forward to cheaters getting stopped from playing GRFS. we could uninstall and tell everyone this game has degenerated into a sh*thole and everyone is happy. nobody plays, ubisoft doesn't need to pay for the upkeep of GRFS servers, cheaters don't get to cheat, this game dies and everyone moves on.

RIGHT?

and giving me an infraction for some BS policy about hiding the fact that cheaters are rampant in UBIsoft games?

Dear daemonmak,

You have received an infraction at Ubisoft Forums.

Reason: Naming and Shaming
-------
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

you are indirectly protecting the cheaters and alienating decent players like myself. all for the sake of your bureacratic policy, good on you. you will go far in life, along with your company.

Tully__
10-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I can't say anything on behalf of Ubisoft until I'm officially notified by Ubisoft staff. I'm a community volunteer, not paid by Ubi and I don't any more info that you on pretty much all game information.

You can discuss cheating all you want on the forum with three provisos:
1. Do not name cheaters. Do not link to screenshots or videos where cheaters names are revealed. If you do this, one or more of three things will happen. You will be warned or receive an infraction. Potentially someone who was the victim of network issues or game glitches is wrongly accused of cheating and responds inappropriately and a fight starts. Potentially someone who is guilty of cheating (and thus a proven troll) will come on the forum and gloat about it and a fight starts. You don't want the first and neither of the other two options is desirable.
2. Do not give instructions on how to cheat or where to download cheats
3. Do not expect your forum discussion to have any effect on what is done about cheating. Though forum topics are gathered and passed on to the development team by forum managers, community managers or community developers, the development team rely on the support tickets for statistics on actual prevalence. If you want action, log a support ticket for every incidence of cheating you observe.

GhostLeader-
11-04-2014, 06:13 PM
I can't say anything on behalf of Ubisoft until I'm officially notified by Ubisoft staff. I'm a community volunteer, not paid by Ubi and I don't any more info that you on pretty much all game information.

You can discuss cheating all you want on the forum with three provisos:
1. Do not name cheaters. Do not link to screenshots or videos where cheaters names are revealed. If you do this, one or more of three things will happen. You will be warned or receive an infraction. Potentially someone who was the victim of network issues or game glitches is wrongly accused of cheating and responds inappropriately and a fight starts. Potentially someone who is guilty of cheating (and thus a proven troll) will come on the forum and gloat about it and a fight starts. You don't want the first and neither of the other two options is desirable.
2. Do not give instructions on how to cheat or where to download cheats
3. Do not expect your forum discussion to have any effect on what is done about cheating. Though forum topics are gathered and passed on to the development team by forum managers, community managers or community developers, the development team rely on the support tickets for statistics on actual prevalence. If you want action, log a support ticket for every incidence of cheating you observe.

The problem is we do everything that we are suppose to do and nothing gets done any ways. There have been many people who give you the stuff needed to identify a cheater but do you do anything about it? NO! Moderators quit hiding and just tell everyone the truth that Ubisoft has abandoned this game period! They don't want to support it any more because they don't make any money off of it like GRP does. Stuff gets done in Ghost Recon Phantoms because you make money off of it. There is a huge difference in competence when you compare GR:FS to GRP.

Tully__
11-05-2014, 05:58 AM
The problem is we do everything that we are suppose to do and nothing gets done any ways. There have been many people who give you the stuff needed to identify a cheater but do you do anything about it? NO! Moderators quit hiding and just tell everyone the truth that Ubisoft has abandoned this game period! They don't want to support it any more because they don't make any money off of it like GRP does. Stuff gets done in Ghost Recon Phantoms because you make money off of it. There is a huge difference in competence when you compare GR:FS to GRP.
I know less about it than you do for this game, I don't have GR:FS and I'm a volunteer community member, not an Ubisoft employee. I have seen the extent of the problem in other games, so I fully sympathise.
What I do know is that naming on the forums doesn't help at all as none of the forum staff (even paid staff) have access to game servers and the practice of naming often ends up in flame wars. It has to go through support to get to the dev teams. The more reports support get the more seriously management and the dev teams take it as they use support statistics to monitor it, NOT forum posts.
Material posted on the forums is reported but is not used as a statistical tool to determine how widespread the problem is and is not used as an investigative information source to deal with the problem. As I've posted above, feel free to discuss the issue but don't expect forum discussions to speed up the process any and don't name.

JTF2-SkiDrow
11-05-2014, 11:29 AM
. It has to go through support to get to the dev teams. The more reports support get the more seriously management and the dev teams take it as they use support statistics to monitor it, NOT forum posts.

Then UBISOFT employees should get off their damn *** and look at the forums like all the other companies do! As stated above you mentioned that they take things more seriously if things are reported to the directly then the forums. Well there has been an outcry for the devs to actually look at the forums, but has Ubisoft done that? NO! And the problems that do go to them directly never get fixed. So don't tell me your "reporting system" works, because it doesn't!

Tully__
11-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Then UBISOFT employees should get off their damn *** and look at the forums like all the other companies do! As stated above you mentioned that they take things more seriously if things are reported to the directly then the forums. Well there has been an outcry for the devs to actually look at the forums, but has Ubisoft done that? NO! And the problems that do go to them directly never get fixed. So don't tell me your "reporting system" works, because it doesn't!
There are a number of staff who's job is to look through the forums for information and feedback from the community and they do report to the dev teams, however for statistical information they rely on the official support numbers.

JTF2-SkiDrow
11-10-2014, 06:06 PM
There are a number of staff who's job is to look through the forums for information and feedback from the community and they do report to the dev teams, however for statistical information they rely on the official support numbers.

That's a bunch of horse S*** Tully and you know it. If you believe that then you have a serious problem. If that where the case then why is there still several cheaters out there that have been named since 2 months ago and nothing has been done? Don't give me and or anyone else your support crap. It gets old and doesn't work! Just admit it. Ubisoft does NOTHING about cheaters. Period!

Tully__
11-11-2014, 03:34 AM
That's a bunch of horse S*** Tully and you know it. If you believe that then you have a serious problem. If that where the case then why is there still several cheaters out there that have been named since 2 months ago and nothing has been done? Don't give me and or anyone else your support crap. It gets old and doesn't work! Just admit it. Ubisoft does NOTHING about cheaters. Period!
I already covered that: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/930465-This-is-what-happens-when-you-submit-a-report-of-cheating-to-UBIsoft?p=10280005&viewfull=1#post10280005

JTF2-SkiDrow
11-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Actions say more than words Tully and Ubisoft has done NOTHING about cheaters or bugs in the game. Sure they "say" they look into things but in actuality they don't do anything. This has been proven over and over again.