PDA

View Full Version : sale of some sort

Tha_Tulip
10-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Still getting a grip in how things work- am i missing something or are events only posted the day they roll out? What good does it do to post an announcement online when you see it as soon as you log in to your console of choice? If things were announced a day or two ahead is that not the idea behind an announcement? Only picked up the game in July and i love it, but it seems there are more tourneys than other events and that is great- how about a coinciding sale of some sort? Gold is in short supply for all no matter what lvl you are, it seems logical to regularly hold a sale for any items paid for in gold- even for lvl 50's!
Apologies for the stream of consciousness typing here, but speaking of lvl 50 what is the motivation to keep playing once you have maxed out all items? The tourney rewards seem to dole out decent equipment, unless you are a level 50. Will other 50's chime in here and let me know what keeps you playing? I fear I will lose interest when there is nothing more to play for than gold and silver.
Hot topics seem to be spammers and quitters, to that I can relate. I have taken my lumps and am infuriated at those who can cheat to win but dashboard as soon as you get the better of them.
Thanks to all whom have been kind along the way- Shout out to happyatsch!

Black_Widow9
10-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Hello,
Gratitude for your feedback. Besides the Tournaments, we hold a sale once a month and we also have Double Fame Weekends and Community Boss Fights.

You'll have to keep a look out for them.

-Black_Widow9

IndioMaduro
10-09-2014, 04:00 PM
TO: Tha_Tulip

Gratitude for posting! I wonder why more posts don't appear here. I too am LVL 50 for some time now. I actually had enough time to create another Spar. profile and I am LVL 50 there as well (reached it much much faster the 2nd time around). All your points are valid, the interest can be lost without some sort of inspiration/goals. It's the main reason I started a second profile. But to answer your question, I still play because its simply fun - with some caveats.

The Good
1. When you wager with cool people you've met (Not just for daily goals)
2. When you match online with good competition. We all mostly see the same players over and over, with new banners here an there. Its cool to face new people (but you always wonder how they're gonna fight (spam/dashboard)
3. Tournaments, comm. boss (few and far between)
4. Perk hunting (YES - frustrating, but has its purpose - you silver up and learn new moves (if you don't spam computer) AND you get those perks that help keep you from senseless slaughter when you face the top dogs in the game.

THE BAD
Retired equipment (already discussed by thousands)
LVL 50 cap (lots of posts about this)
Spammers & Dashboarders (btw - I can care less if people spam me because I've learned how to deal with that (98% are dual sword spammers) Master the parry and they are DONE.
Kills not registering (this is destroying long-term goals)
Only 2 executions per Gladiator (why not 5: 3 silver and 2 gold) and make it 1 gold for goodness sakes not 3
Wagers only with friends (open it up to the online world) and increase wager goal from 5 to 10 or 15. Make a long term goal of 100, 500, 1000 wager victories
Lack of interest on the forums by the thousands of players out there

BIG ONE: NO comprehensive list of ALL armor / weapons / helmets with STATS

Other
Bad servers / lag / downtime - I don't like this but you know this game is FREE so whatever. I'll deal with it. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK UBISOFT TEAM and BW9

PS3 platform: feel free to add me (PM me)

Tha_Tulip
10-10-2014, 04:16 PM
IndioMaduro:

Gratitude for the reply!
It is very cool to see the veterans bring along us noobs. Yes, even at 50 I consider myself a noob. After thinking about your comments, and an encounter with a spammer yesterday I realize how right you are about finding a way to beat them rather than whining about their lack of skill or desire to step up their game. As he stated " nothing is fair in a fight" he is correct.Spammers will be my problem and i will deal with that.
To the end that is replay value, my hope is that the improvements/ additions to the game will continue and after reading previous posts it looks as if the UBISOFT team is open to suggestion- AWESOME.The possibilities of adding executions and fighting styles would be great!
The real bummer that I would attest to is the online kills. That is crazy frustrating and i hope there is discussion of rectifying that or at least clearly defining what constitutes an online kill. It's a little easier to swallow if you know there are defined parameters, even if they are hard to comply with- people just want to know what's the deal?!
I, for one, am looking forward to the future and growth of the game, and it keeping my interest through some of the suggested tweaks and additions.
Thanks again for the reply- look for a PS3 PM soon!

IndioMaduro
10-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Tha_Tulip,

I'm by no means a veteran of the game (less than 1 year playing) but I've won 2 Tournaments and compete well with the top 100 players (win or lose). I agree with your comments. See you out there in the arenas soon.

Bowles3
10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Perk hunting keeps me chasing the goal of having the best gladiators in addition to learning new skills in different classes. I try and always keep an empty glad slot so that I can be on the lookout for any recruits that have extra high ratings (found a spear and shield guy base rated at 83). This keeps me checking in as a gladiator and Lanista. Good luck

Tha_Tulip
10-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Perk hunting keeps me chasing the goal of having the best gladiators in addition to learning new skills in different classes. I try and always keep an empty glad slot so that I can be on the lookout for any recruits that have extra high ratings (found a spear and shield guy base rated at 83). This keeps me checking in as a gladiator and Lanista. Good luck

Thank you Bowles3,
the perk hunting does keep the anticipation level up, I agree.This leads me to wish for more room in the Ludus! My hope is that the Ubisoft team keeps tweaking the game based on valid suggestions from those that are dedicated enough to offer them through their experiences. The fact that higher level players are trying to "help out the little guy" is also encouraging and keeps competition at a high level no matter the players ratings. seems like a strong and dedicated community.