PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Ubisoft about AC Unity

Seventy5
10-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I am a PS4 owner, and I have purchased nearly every Ubisoft game published on PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360, even double dipping on several like SC Blacklist and Ghost Recon. After hearing the news that the PS4 version of AC Unity is being held to parity with the Xbox One version to avoid "debates and stuff", I have sadly canceled my preorder of not just Unity, but Far Cry 4, The Crew, The Division and I will not be buying Just Dance 2015. This pains me because Far Cry 4 is by far my most anticipated game and The Division seems like it could be groundbreaking. I refuse to spend my hard earned money on a product that is intentionally held back to reach parity with a console that doesn't have the same capability.

I am sure that your designers know that an upscaled image is not the same quality as a native image, AC4 showed that to those of us who played the pre-patched game. I do not recall Xbox 360 versions of games being held back for parity with last generation and anyone who played Blacklist and Ghost Recon on both console can attest to that. Now that the shoe is in the other foot and you have a co-marketing deal with Microsoft however, " debates and stuff" are too much of a hindrance? I cannot and will not support this behavior, and I hope that you realize that you have a bigger fan base on the console you are dragging down for parity.

I love many of your games, and I hope that this issue is rectified before launch. If not, I'm sad to say that I will no longer be supporting one of the only publishers that have, in my mind, up until now been "the good guys" and willing to take risks in the interest of the art. I'm sure many others, regardless of their platform choice, will agree with me.

Please do right by gamers and don't needlessly scale back this game. Doing so only hurts your image and credibility, especially in the face of the co-marketing deal.

phoenix-force411
10-07-2014, 05:15 PM
They gave a statement on the issue of the misinterpreted message. Their A.I.s take a lot of processing power out of the CPU.

Mr_Shade
10-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Please do not make multiple threads about the same issue - I have merged your PC forum thread with the main thread here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/929554-Assassins-Creed-Unity-locked-at-900p-30fps-quot-to-avoid-all-the-debates-and-stuff-quot?p=10260835&viewfull=1#post10260835