PDA

View Full Version : Rogue will be a modern day sequel to blackflag

EmbodyingSeven5
10-06-2014, 02:38 AM
http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/10/assassins-creed-rogue-returns-abstergo/

check it out and post thoughts!!;)

Legendz54
10-06-2014, 02:40 AM
fixing computers..... ughhhhh modern day still ****...

HiddenKiller612
10-06-2014, 02:42 AM
So they're basing their information on an achievement list leak? Highly credible, totally worth reading :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 02:43 AM
I just read that whole article and nowhere was it directly stated Rogue's modern day will be a sequel to black flag.

Though either way it's pretty much a given and hardly qualifies as news.

@mani

thoust not like frogger?

ze_topazio
10-06-2014, 02:50 AM
That seems very possible.

Rogue most likely will be another game centered around Abstergo, while Unity will be about the Assassins.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 02:52 AM
Seriously wondering if they kept the iPad mechanic after all the complaints.

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 02:53 AM
I hope they add some conversations when you're out of the Animus.For some reason,I liked talking with Shaun,Rebecca and Lucy for a while,and then going back to the Animus.

ze_topazio
10-06-2014, 02:56 AM
There was nothing wrong with the tablet, it was just a gimmick to give you access to the menus and map while pretending to be realistic, I very much doubt they will create a brand new modern day character for this.

JustPlainQuirky
@maki

I hope they add actual gameplay.

But I suppose that's hoping for too much.

@ze

it's a glorified "interact" button.

EmbodyingSeven5
[QUOTE=Mayrice;10258149]I just read that whole article and nowhere was it directly stated Rogue's modern day will be a sequel to black flag.

QUOTE]

I paraphrase.....................ALOT

EmbodyingSeven5
10-06-2014, 02:57 AM
There was nothing wrong with the tablet, it was just a gimmick to give you access to the menus and map while pretending to be realistic, I very much doubt they will create a brand new modern day character for this.

didn't mind tablet that much.........

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 03:04 AM
@maki

I hope they add actual gameplay.

But I suppose that's hoping for too much.

Well there might be if they stop with the Abstergo and first person bullcrap.Or they add free-running inside the Abstergo building.But that's also too much.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 03:07 AM
It's not even a matter of first person.

It's a matter of Modern Day being condensed to the point of irrelevancy.

In ACIV it's a walking simulator with a plot that goes nowhere and in AC Unity it doesn't even exist.

And I know I harp on MD essentially being dropped a lot, but it really is a neglected issue.

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 03:12 AM
Yeah,by Abstergo I meant the whole plot.Also,is Unity really going to keep this too?I only heard about the "it's you!" news.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Nope.

It's even worse in Unity.

There is no Modern Day.

Ubisoft replaced it with Cyberspace and claims "your living room" is the Modern Day.

They also plan of having the Modern day delivered via *shudders* transmedia.

BS i know.

But those are just the rumors anyway. We have yet to see actual MD "gameplay"

And if the rumors are true, I'm automatically taking off a point from Unity. Maybe even two.

Legendz54
10-06-2014, 03:20 AM
IN UNITY WE HAVE NOW CHANGED THE MODERN DAY!! THE REAL WORLD IS THE MODERN DAY!! You.... yourself... is the modern day person with the controller... you will then start the game and play the historical element.

Namikaze_17
10-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Thank the First Civ...

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 03:25 AM
I see.Well I understand they are trying....kind of new ideas,but I believe they could do something simple that I would easily accept:Shaun and Rebecca look for people and see their assassin ancestors to find pieces of Eden before the templars do,the end.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Also I hate how Ubi claims this is a new way of giving a sense of immersion and freedom to the player by having 'ourselves' as the protagonist. That's just not true.

For example, we were told in Unity we'd be trained to become an assassin.

Well, if this were real life, I would not participate in this training to become an assassin. I don't want to become an assassin.

So what then? I'm pretending to be another version of me who tolerates this assassin training?

We still technically are distancing ourselves from our protagonist because of that.

So our protagonist might as well be someone else. At least that way it doesn't feel disingenuous.

@mako

these 'new ideas' are getting suspiciously more and more condensed/irrelevant.

and it gives me bad vibes

Namikaze_17
10-06-2014, 03:31 AM
The least they could do is give as an automatic voice while answering questions or something.

I dunno...

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 03:33 AM
That was the idea of Desmond,right?It's not me,it's a guy that needs to be an assassin.He became an assassin,not me.And I was fine with that.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 03:34 AM
A nice modern day for me would be a third person customizable character transferable between games. And all the conversations involve dialogue trees.

That way the modern day has less of a "this is how it factually happened" feel. That 'factual' feel should be reserved for the animus.

It would also give the modern day a unique sense of identity and purpose.

Unlike the constantly changing modern day that seems like it's undergoing an identity crisis.

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Let's hope they do something about MD then.

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Oh they'll do something alright.

Though can't guarantee it'll be positive considering their track record...

MakimotoJin
10-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Then we should do something about it!A revolution,I say!To the good modern day!

JustPlainQuirky
10-06-2014, 03:57 AM
I am doing something about it.

The devs lurk here a lot so they see my annoying harping.

That wont affect anything for the next 3 games probably but I'm hoping maybe my thoughts will subconsiously embed in their minds. Enough to have some slight influence in the distant future.

But that's overestimating my influence, probably. Heck, it could have the opposite effect for all I know, but whatever.

I'm trying. And I just want the best AC experience and I'm sorry but the current state of the Modern Day just isn't fun.

And whether something is fun or not should really be a priority in design choices.

zkorejo
10-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Judging from the impressions of the majority who played all the games, MD wasnt really appreciated. People considered it to be a waste of time and wished they could skip the Desmond sequences altogether, because either it was too boring for some of them or B. It was too confusing for some of them.

It only makes sense to not put alot of effort into the part of the game which majority of the players didnt really care about. Since Animus IS what the whole game is based on, they cant totally give up on the idea, so they are just phoning it in.

I for one enjoyed the present day sequences of AC and AC2. I would love it if there were meaningful MD events in the upcoming games but I doubt they are going to be doing anything about it anytime soon.