PDA

View Full Version : Missing Weapons in Assassin's Creed 3? Bug?

Mr.Black24
10-05-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm not really sure if this belongs in the Technical Support/Glitch area. I wanted to get educated opinions on this first. I realize that in all AC games, all weapon slots in the weapon rack room is always filled. Every purchasable or unlockable weapon has their reserved spot in the game. Granted there is space at times since there are those for special edition items like Vlad Impaler's Sword and the Sawtooth Cutlass. However, when one has all special edition items and has unlocked all the weapons, all the slots are full.

However this case is not in Assassin's Creed 3, look at this vid and go to 4:07. Look at the sword section:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2Z6eRbnyo

There are empty slots there. All other weapon slots, like small and heavy weapons are full, but the sword section is missing three slots. Is that supposed to be? I'm not sure. Thinking about it now, AC3 had the unfortunate luck of being the buggiest of all AC games. Perhaps there were other weapons that were supposed to be there, and never made it in due to some bug? Three slots are missing a sword. It struck me more since, for example, The Sword of Altair is present in all major AC titles, in AC1, AC2, AC:B, AC:R, and even in AC4: BF, being used as duel Altair Swords. Yet AC3 is missing this iconic weapon? I can imagine the Sword of Altair, the Sword of Ezio, and perhaps another weapon like a Scottish Claymore was supposed to be present, and perhaps a glitch removed the data for these weapons? Kind of like how the quiver goes missing everytime Connor wears another Outfit that is not the Assassin Uniform.

Should this be brought to attention the the Community group or Tech Support? I mean if there are missing items that are supposed to be in the game, I'd imagine they should be there.:confused: Why deny the people items they could or should have been using? I don't know, but any thoughts on this?

Fatal-Feit
10-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Yes, those slots are empty. I just checked my game. --But then again, I'm missing 2 pistols.

AC:3 was an unfinished product so they most likely didn't get the time to fill in all the slots. Hell, the daggers are using the same kill animations as the Tomahawk. ...And I'm pretty darn sure that equipable/collectible muskets were suppose to be a thing, considering they have a storage rack and screenshots.