PDA

View Full Version : Which historic figure do you want featured in an Assassin's Creed game?

HiddenKiller612
10-05-2014, 07:28 AM
We've met, interacted with, and assassinated many historical figures throughout the series. Who would you like to see in the future?

Namikaze_17
10-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Her:

http://virtualchristine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/JoanOfArc_3869.png

I wanna see her Assets... :rolleyes:

HiddenKiller612
10-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Her:

http://virtualchristine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/JoanOfArc_3869.png

I wanna see her Assets... :rolleyes:
Jeanne De'Arc, or Joan of Arc... I'd love a game with her, and kind of sad they chose the French Revolution because it might mean we'll never interact or play as her....

Fatal-Feit
10-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Suddenly, I am reminded of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDEy-iElmk

I dig it.

LoyalACFan
10-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Queen Victoria.

Also Thomas-Alexandre Dumas, I know he's all but confirmed to be in Unity but I'm still intrigued nonetheless.

Namikaze_17
10-05-2014, 08:19 AM
@Hidden

They always could reference her... ;)

And I would a game that had her in it...

@Fatal

Ha, I love that Cutscene...

Farlander1991
10-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Vlad the Impaler.

We've seen him as a multiplayer character, but I would like to interact with him in a historical settings, especially considering that things ACR has already set up make him even more interesting, IMO.

Historically, Vlad's a person who wasn't the nicest of guys, yes, but he brought order to Wallachia, and independence from the Ottoman rule. So in a way he was fighting for what the Assassins were supposed to be fighting, which is probably why Vali from ACR respected him highly. But the Assassins in-universe supported the Ottomans, which has led to Wallachia getting back under the Ottoman rule, and everything that was achieved went essentially to ruin.

I think Vlad would be an awesome character. It would be interesting for people who know him mostly as the base for the fictional Dracula as well. And in-universe AC, the whole situation that happened in Wallachia could lead to awesome stories, especially if told from the perspective of Wallachian Assassins.

RinoTheBouncer
10-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Cleopatra, Alexander The Great, Joan of Arc, Adam and Eve, Jesus Christ, Moses. I wanna see a heavily story-driven game, far away from Europe and the 18th century and I want something controversial and interesting and hopefully, not something that we’ve seen in a trillion other films and books.

Namikaze_17
10-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Cleopatra, Alexander The Great, Joan of Arc, Adam and Eve, Jesus Christ, Moses. I wanna see a heavily story-driven game, far away from Europe and the 18th century and I want something controversial and interesting and hopefully, not something that we’ve seen in a trillion other films and books.

Alexander the Great would be Great!!!

Adam & Eve would be cool of course. ( First Civ Setting :rolleyes:)

And I actually have this Controversial but interesting Theory that John from IT ( The Sage) was in fact Jesus as one of his incarnations...It would make TOTAL sense considering how the religions are considered Myths in the AC universe. Having John posing as Jesus telling the humans false information to prove his point of Man willing to follow anything to feel belonged in an Order or Creed would be plain epic and interesting to see. Then have the Romans ( Templars) kill him for his First Civ items or whatever.

Same goes for Moses... :p

RinoTheBouncer
10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Alexander the Great would be Great!!!

Adam & Eve would be cool of course. ( First Civ Setting :rolleyes:)

And I actually have this Controversial but interesting Theory that John from IT ( The Sage) was in fact Jesus as one of his incarnations...It would make TOTAL sense considering how the religions are considered Myths in the AC universe. Having John posing as Jesus telling the humans false information to prove his point of Man willing to follow anything to feel belonged in an Order or Creed would be plain epic and interesting to see. Then have the Romans ( Templars) kill him for his First Civ items or whatever.

Same goes for Moses... :p

Thank you!

Well I’m a religious person, a Muslim, but I love it when I see art discussing religion, politics, sexuality. I love works of art that make you ask questions and not just stare at beauty. I’m not asking for a game that outright insults religion, but it’s interesting to see that in the game’s universe, the people were enslaved by certain lies, mixed with religion and ended up being twisted to something other than their intended purpose. “What was written to encourage life used instead to justify taking it” - Juno, ACIII.

So yeah, I’m all for a game set in the times of Jesus Christ. We don’t even need to see him, but we can have a Da Vinci Code-esque style story. I’d rather have this, a story that makes me question everything I’ve known so far, than a story during a revolution that I know which side will be winning in it.

Namikaze_17
10-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Thank you!

Well I’m a religious person, a Muslim, but I love it when I see art discussing religion, politics, sexuality. I love works of art that make you ask questions and not just stare at beauty. I’m not asking for a game that outright insults religion, but it’s interesting to see that in the game’s universe, the people were enslaved by certain lies, mixed with religion and ended up being twisted to something other than their intended purpose. “What was written to encourage life used instead to justify taking it” - Juno, ACIII.

So yeah, I’m all for a game set in the times of Jesus Christ. We don’t even need to see him, but we can have a Da Vinci Code-esque style story. I’d rather have this, a story that makes me question everything I’ve known so far, than a story during a revolution that I know which side will be winning in it.

Well as an Agnostic Individual, I personally would like such a game that doesn't necessarily insult Religion as you mentioned, but makes us all think and question for a moment like everything in AC. And I also would like it to be done in a Da Vinci style full of Mystery and such. ;)

Plus adding that would add an extra layer/ dynamic to everything the first civ says other than: "WE WERE HERE BEFORE, SO YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT THIS AND THAT."

Pandassin
10-05-2014, 11:22 AM
I think seeing Henry VIII would be pretty cool, same for Guy Fawkes. I think it would be great to see any of those characters in an AC game.

RinoTheBouncer
10-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Well as an Agnostic Individual, I personally would like such a game that doesn't necessarily insult Religion as you mentioned, but makes us all think and question for a moment like everything in AC. And I also would like it to be done in a Da Vinci style full of Mystery and such. ;)

Plus adding that would add an extra layer/ dynamic to everything the first civ says other than: "WE WERE HERE BEFORE, SO YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT THIS AND THAT."

Yes. That’s exactly what I wanna see. I wanna see something more thought provoking. I know the franchise has sort of molded itself as an open-world historical tour, but I still think that the story is much more important than doing just that and I personally am not interested in seeing events of the 18th century in Europe or America cause I’ve seen them in a million other movies, games and books. I want something historical but also makes me think, not just anticipate a certain historical event that I’ve memorized before.

VestigialLlama4
10-05-2014, 12:04 PM
I'd like them to do a game set in 19th Century Russia, not the Soviet Era, but the Russia of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Alexander Herzen, Mendeleev and others. Lots of colorful characters, cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg and unlike the Soviet period, you don't really have to deal with Revolution and politics but behind-the-scenes cultural stuff like the Renaissance or the Golden Age of Piracy. Dostoevsky whose book "Brothers Karamazov" revolved on the phrase, "Everything is Permitted" would be a fascinating guy to meet. You can hang out and help him with his gambling addiction.

As for England, the only period I want to see is the Elizabethan period - Marlowe (definitely an Assassin), Raleigh, John Dee, Shakespeare, Jonson, Bacon, the period of the writing of the King James Bible, Guy Fawkes' Gunpowder plot. It's pretty much the most fecund period. You also have a lady Pirate Grace O'Malley, Francis Drake so you can have a naval component there fighting against the Spanish Armada. And the good part is that not a lot is known about these characters so there's a lot of freedom to improvise.

There's also Mughal India - Akbar, Shah Jahan (who built the Taj Mahal), amazing architecture, gorgeous cities and colourful characters, or they can deal with 18th Century India with Tipu Sultan (who fired rockets from elephants) or the Indian Mutiny.

Aside from that they should go ancient - Rome (from the Catiline Conspiracy to the Assassination of Caesar - Caesar, Brutus, Pompey, Cicero and Many Others) or Athens (Peloponnesian War - Socrates, Alcibiades, Plato and Pericles, Sophocles and Aeschylus). The great advantage is that most of these cities are in ruins so the developers can go to town trying to picture it and not worry too much about historical accuracy, so you can have a mix of an old polis with First Civilization tech.

Namikaze_17
10-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes. That’s exactly what I wanna see. I wanna see something more thought provoking. I know the franchise has sort of molded itself as an open-world historical tour, but I still think that the story is much more important than doing just that and I personally am not interested in seeing events of the 18th century in Europe or America cause I’ve seen them in a million other movies, games and books. I want something historical but also makes me think, not just anticipate a certain historical event that I’ve memorized before.

I feel ya...

As much as I appreciate 18th Century and the amazing Characters it's brought, I do think it's time to move away towards a more Story Driven AC that focuses on the Mythology of the AVT War & the First Civ.

ze_topazio
10-05-2014, 12:55 PM
D. Afonso Henriques, founder and first king of Portugal and overall badass mofo.

ze_topazio, technically I am an historical character, we all are.

Shahkulu101
10-05-2014, 01:03 PM
William Wallace.

Gin0r
10-05-2014, 01:31 PM
I would also love to see an Assassin’s Creed set in the times of Jesus, but, yeah, the "Controversy" would be too much of a risk for Ubi.

IMHO they could use a "Life of Brian" approach: In the movie, all the scenes with Jesus are depicted according to scripture – that didn’t stop religious nuts from having a tantrum though – Not all religious people of course: e.g. the priest who confirmed me (I used to be a lutheran protestant, now agnostic leaning towards atheism) loved that film and told us a lot about the historical and theological in-jokes the Pythons put into it.

There’s so much potential for Drama! Action! and Lore!!
For example, there was a group opposing the Roman presence in Judea called the Sicarii – lit. "Dagger Men"* –, who operated similarly to the Assassins – there's even talk about HIDDEN KNIVES in historical sources – and some theories state that Judas was one of them.
The player character could be another Assassin and Judas could be his friend. They could be on a mission to keep watch on that Jesus fellow and protect him from Templars...
The whole occupation of Judea could be a Templar plot to get their hands on the POEs there.
Also: Roman Assassins working undercover in the occupation force who initially have no clue about their Brothers in Judea...
And in the end, it will be your duty to assassinate your best friend Judas for letting Jesus die and letting the Apple/the Shroud fall into Templar hands...

Yeah I gave this stuff quite a bit of thought before. ;-)

*Something I noticed reading up on the Sicarii on wikipedia: like "assassin" the word became a synonym for murderer...

ze_topazio
10-05-2014, 01:34 PM
D. Afonso Henriques, founder and first king of Portugal and overall badass mofo.

And speaking of this guy, because is not a holiday, I had completely forgot, but today is the anniversary of the foundation of Portugal, 871 years and counting.

m4r-k7
10-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Queen Elizabeth. They already have her holding a PoE so why not? xD

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140907103946/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/ce/Elizabeth_I_of_England.jpg/357px-Elizabeth_I_of_England.jpg

Sushiglutton
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Axel von Fersen :D

LatinaC09
10-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I would love to see Alexander the Great, Aristotle, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Abraham Lincoln and there are many more that I will post here when I think of them. :)

JustPlainQuirky
10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I never really cared about historical figures.

I-Like-Pie45
10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
HANS BRINKER

LOVE, rc

DumbGamerTag94
10-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Yes. Thatís exactly what I wanna see. I wanna see something more thought provoking. I know the franchise has sort of molded itself as an open-world historical tour, but I still think that the story is much more important than doing just that and I personally am not interested in seeing events of the 18th century in Europe or America cause Iíve seen them in a million other movies, games and books. I want something historical but also makes me think, not just anticipate a certain historical event that Iíve memorized before.

I really really really really doubt they would ever be so foolish as to incorporate religious figures as figures in the game for a few reasons.

First they would get a huggggggge amount of backlash and sales would likely plummet due to the offensive nature of such a thing. I accept that in AC Jesus was a guy with a POE and that's fine whatever. But to bring it in as a whole plot of a game would just become to annoying/offensive/ sacrilegious to me. I personally just wouldn't buy it as I don't agree with what that story would represent(which in my eyes would amount to little more than pushing an Atheist/Anti Christian agenda). And I'm one of the biggest AC fans out there. I just couldn't support that direction.

Also with their primary sales coming out of America and Europe Christians would be the wrong people to piss off I think.

They could try Muhammad......but I think we all know how that would end......so that's never going to happen either. And for the record I wouldn't support that either as I think it'd be degrading to Muslims and their faith. If I can't support a Jesus game I can't on principal support anything else that belittles a religion be it mine or someone else's.

But I don't think it's a good idea to mix religion and entertainment of any kind(movies games etc). It only opens the door for a lot of problems. Sure controversy sells but that is just toooooo controversial. And I don't think anyone would be comfortable with it if it was directed at their religion.

I-Like-Pie45
10-05-2014, 04:11 PM
NO ONE WOULD BE UPSET BY BUDDHA CAUSE THEIR SO MELLOW PEOPLE.

-rc

VestigialLlama4
10-05-2014, 04:13 PM
If they want to deal with religion, they can take on Buddha, Buddhists don't really care a big deal about representation.

Hans684
10-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Playable young Al Mualim, Adam & Eve, AC's version of various major people from various religions, the last official French Templar(don't remember his name).

cawatrooper9
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM
If they ever do Ancient Greece (and they should! Interesting architecture, and an opportunity to put an interesting twist on the sailing mechanic again) they should include the Siege of Syracuse and feature Archimedes. He was brilliant, and could take a role in the series that could rival DaVinci's. Seriously, check him out if you've never heard of him, he's fit perfectly with the lore. They could even have a plot with a Pythagorean cult opposing his contributions to mathematical thought.

ze_topazio
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Playable young Al Muslim, Adam & Eve, AC's version of various major people from various religions, the last official French Templar(don't remember his name).

My favorite mispronounced name, the likes of Haymitch and Enzio got nothing on the simplicity of this one.

Xstantin
10-05-2014, 06:48 PM
William Blake, Benjamin Disraeli, Grigori Rasputin, Nicola Tesla.

Hans684
10-05-2014, 07:50 PM
My favorite mispronounced name, the likes of Haymitch and Enzio got nothing on the simplicity of this one.

Autocorrect. But I agree.