PDA

View Full Version : way off topic but please advise

fordfan25
01-18-2004, 06:45 PM
hay guys i know this isnt really the place but you guys are my only source for pc type help and advice. is the file sharing program kazza light really legale to d-load music from? i read on thayr sight that it is but i never really trust the word of someone whos tring to sell me something lol. i just found out not to long ago that the reguler kazza and the one called morphis was ilegal so it kinda scarse me a littel to mess with them. also how safe is it to pay 4 something over the net with a c-card or online check. agene sorry if this waste any 1s time i just dont want to go to jail lol.

fordfan25
01-18-2004, 06:45 PM
hay guys i know this isnt really the place but you guys are my only source for pc type help and advice. is the file sharing program kazza light really legale to d-load music from? i read on thayr sight that it is but i never really trust the word of someone whos tring to sell me something lol. i just found out not to long ago that the reguler kazza and the one called morphis was ilegal so it kinda scarse me a littel to mess with them. also how safe is it to pay 4 something over the net with a c-card or online check. agene sorry if this waste any 1s time i just dont want to go to jail lol.

JR_Greenhorn
01-18-2004, 07:15 PM
fordfan25, whilst I'm no expert, I have heard that peer-to-peer file sharing--such as through Kazaa--itself is legal, but sharing copywrighted materials is not legal. I guess you would have to check everything you wanted to download for copywright infringement to remain within limits of the law.

Also, a friend at my uni claims that in Kazaa's user agreement, they basically state that it is legal to download anything through them, but it is your responsibilty to only offer to share items that you confirm are not copywrighted. He claims one can accomplish this by not sharing anything--even what you download. Of course, he isn't an expert either, and one must consider the entegrity and motives of the source, namely Kazaa's user agreement.

For non-commercially motivated information, search for peer-to-peer file sharing and check out any *.org sites, but bear in mind the biases of these organizations as well. I beleive there is also a music industry group set up in oppsition to this issue; you might consider searching for their site to get the B-side of this issue, or at least an opposing bias.

By the by, what Fords are you a fan of?

fordfan25
01-18-2004, 07:25 PM
thanks 4 the replie. ill tri and check that out. im a fan of all but the 96 through 2003 f-150s "weak moters" and all mustangs and thunderbirds all though the hatch back stangs were about the uglest thing ever lol.but dont get me wrong ill take a z28 or a hemi ram to.just wish thayd start giveing them away http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JR_Greenhorn
01-18-2004, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
thanks 4 the replie. ill tri and check that out. im a fan of all but the 96 through 2003 f-150s "weak moters" and all mustangs and thunderbirds all though the hatch back stangs were about the uglest thing ever lol.but dont get me wrong ill take a z28 or a hemi ram to.just wish thayd start giveing them away http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>"Weak motors?" You mean the modular family? (4.6, 5.4, etc.)

So you don't like, say, a '79 Mustang with a 2.3L and T-5?

Well, apparently they couldn't give away enough Z28's as they are no longer in production, as I'm sure you know.

Do you happen to own a Ford? Do you prefer trucks to cars?

fordfan25
01-18-2004, 08:39 PM
yea i mean the 4.6 and 5.4 the 5.4 are okish not up to the 5.8 "250 vs 278 hp"but i hate the sissy 4.6 i have a 92 f15flare with a 5.0 non HO and iv smoked 4.6 f150. my 5.0 is only suposed to have 180hp but i can tell you thars no way those 4.6 have 225. sorry i was ranting. and the end of the z28 is a lose as thay were very good cars. i almost took a mustang cobra 99 in my moms 95. and i am more a car guy. but liveing in the but! crack of the world madison fl. you kinda need a truck to keep the rednecks from thinking your a nose breather. lol http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JR_Greenhorn
01-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I know what you mean, but up here we call them hicks! Despite that, I had a '99 Chevy sportside. Good lord I hate GM's auto trannies! Now I'm happily back to my 327/T-10 combo. It happens to be in an '81 Z28 right now, but only because thats the most roadworthy body I have. I was raised on Chevy, but most of my friends drive Fords. I could care less what brand it is, personally. My old roommate has a '65 Mustang. Nice car, but I'm nearly too tall to drive it. Pre-'97 F-cars fit me better. I have a few friends that do truck pulls with 460 F-series trucks of various years.

fordfan25
01-18-2004, 09:40 PM
i agree for the most part name brands dont count 4 much with me thayr just all fat cats after your $$$$$. and who makes the best one year might not be on top the next. i come from a mixed famaly my dads chevy dodge and my moms all ford. lol its funny my mom has had the badst cars ever and shes like a 50 year old buffy the v. slayer. defanitly not the kind a person youd expect to be in a 69 429cj stang lol. i wish i had one of those 460 in my truck. not really into the 4x4 thing more like a lighting type. what moter did you have in the 99 i ran a 99 that had the new5.3 man thayr fast my poor old truck just couldnt keep up. of course it redemed it self by eating a 99 318 durango lol.

JR_Greenhorn
01-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I had the 5.3 in my '99. I searched a lot for one with a manual, but only a stupidly-optioned 4.8/5-speed turned up. I had been driving a torquey 400 small block in that '81 before I got the '99, so I was a little disappointed. I still think these new Gen III small blocks make great car motors, but they aren't quite right for trucks. Perhaps you use them differently where you live. Up here, an old RWD car is better in the snow than a 2WD truck. You don't see many 2WD trucks at all, really. Most trucks around here are optioned out so stupidly they can't get out of their own way. Mine was kind of rare at the time, being reg. cab shortbox and all, yet still 4x4. I smoked a 4.6L Mustang GT with it at a stoplight once, but that took a lot of fighting with the transmission to do.

My friends' 460s pull pretty good, but they're limited by the class rules that those guys run in. The one is thinking of going up a class so he can do more to the motor, and he's got a 460 block that he plans to make into a 514, but I think that stuff'll wait 'til he's out of college. Its fun to dream though, isn't it?

fordfan25
01-19-2004, 01:15 PM
yea it is if dreams were qurters id be million air lol. but yea dowmn here we dont get any snow just ALOT of mud and loose sand so even a 2x4 with reguler wheels will get you were a car just wont do to clerence. here you can devide the truck owners into to groups BIG 4x4 and lowrider type sport trucks. manly if you happen to own a 2x4 your going the sport way just by defult if for no other resone. its kinda silly to jack up a 2 wheel drive truck and put on some s.swapers lol.and i bet you could run with the 4.6 stangs in a 5.3 truck i rode in my friends moms gt and it felt more like a v6. thats why i say i hate those moters thay say thay have bumped up the hp but who knows.thay need to just start puting in the old 289 of 302ho agine thay were fast or better still the 351w ho thats a mean motor. of course owning a stang is more like a life style or joining a big club than just tring to have a realy fast car. but still a biger engien wouldnt hurt. thats were the z28 always had the edge with the 350s more ci's. thayrs no replacment for displacement.