PDA

View Full Version : So, Unity or Rogue first?

MnemonicSyntax
10-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Which game are you guys playing first and why? I'm thinking Rogue myself. I want to wrap up that story arc and I like naval, plus the idea of playing a Templar has me interested.

Thoughts?

JustPlainQuirky
10-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Already a thread on this but Rogue.

Rogue has the Haytham n Shay booty. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

N maybe even Cunr. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

MnemonicSyntax
10-03-2014, 02:51 AM

I don't hang out on the forums much (so I wouldn't see that other thread) because of posts like this. Why the spam? Why not have a decent, real conversation?

Namikaze_17
10-03-2014, 02:53 AM

:rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
10-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Cripes. Nevermind.

ze_topazio
10-03-2014, 02:55 AM
I very much doubt I will have a PS4 by the end of the month so most likely Rogue.

JustPlainQuirky
10-03-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm being 100% serious.

That is my reasoning.

MakimotoJin
10-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Well in the country I live in,next-gen consoles are about 800 dollars,so Rogue first.I'm too poor for Unity.

Fatal-Feit
10-03-2014, 03:01 AM
I know I will keep promising myself that Rogue comes first, but damn it, it's a fact that I'll be put it down for Unity. :(

#firstworldproblems

HiddenKiller612
10-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Too damn broke to buy a new console... So Rogue first....

Xstantin
10-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Unity first for me. Kinda lost my interest in Rogue somewhat tbh (still gonna play it though)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-03-2014, 05:08 AM
I hated Ubisoft's answer. It was basically like "well you know... Rogue and Unity are connected so uhhh... it depends on which one you get first.." I hope that means it truly doesn't matter story-wise.

If I had the money, I'd buy Rogue on release and get Unity for Christmas. but I don't and I'm not asking for both games for Christmas. Besides, I'm not very thrilled about returning to Colonial america. ESPECIALLY a city I've already visited. It sounds as though NY is the only city in the game meaning the rest is wilderness/sea/arctic stuff which, again, I'm not a fan of in AC. Didn't like the disjointed, virtually unrelated naval stuff in AC3 and even when they made it a bit more seamless and freeroaming in AC4 -- meh. It's better that way for sure but Rogue just sort of sounds lazy to me. Not because they set it in America again but because they're visiting one of the SAME CITIES from AC3. In fact, we're not even getting Boston from the sounds of it meaning there's one city. This wouldn't be so bad if it was like ACB or ACR which both also only had one city but THOSE games at least featured cities we hadn't visited before (and yes, technically Rome was in AC2 at the end -- you know what I mean)

I don't get why they couldn't have set this in Philadelphia or Delaware or... I don't know, maybe there was absolutely nothing they could do with those cities but it just comes off as lazy. Especially since the footage we've seen looks like an expansion to AC4 albeit with the look of AC3.

That said... I LOVE the idea of playing as a Templar and the special armor has been confirmed to be a suit of classic Crusades-esque Templar armor and that sounds awesome. I really DON'T want to pay $60 for a game I'm 99% sure I won't enjoy that much. Between the naval and setting... I'm just blehhh. The story'll probably be interesting and compelling just like AC3's but maaaan. I REALLY don't think it should be priced at 60. I know ACB and ACR were and people complained THOSE then. This game sounds even worse:

Features a protagonist wearing a slightly tweaked version of an outfit FROM AC4
Naval has gotten only minor tweaks it seems, like oil and a bit of some new weaponry
They're bringing us to a location we've already been to in a previous AC game (the only one to do that to date) which is undoubtedly nearly identical
They aren't even providing us with the same number of cities as AC3 -- if it was going to be set in the same areas, at least give us the same number of cities OR MORE like New Orleans from ACL as well in that case since it's a later game and should be "bigger"
While it makes sense it also means there's less content in the form of diving (or lack thereof) since the waters are so cold -- I believe some people hated diving but instead of making it better, it's just gone (again, the reason makes total sense but it's still kind of... idk)

For all those reasons, the game should be priced at like... 30.. MAX. Probably should be priced at 20. Heck, Freedom Cry was considered an ACTUAL expansion and at least let us explore a new city (no matter how small...) To me... Freedom Cry sounds cooler for that reason than ACR. The only thing going for it is the Templar angle and I can't help but wish they had done more. Just a new city at least! I love the idea of running around as a Templar but I'm not sure I can justify spending $60 on it. I'd wait for a price drop but by then, I'd probably have already bought and beaten Unity and then GOING BACK to these AC3-style mechanics will undoubtedly make the game even LESS appealing.

Who knows, maybe the burned areas of NY + the ziplines everywhere will be make the city significantly better but I don't think it's worth it. To me, it's like if they made a new Ezio game where you revisit Venice and now they've included quicker ways to get out of the canals should you fall in + ziplines, it's the only city available, etc. Then again, I'd be even more likely to buy that since at least I was fond of that city the first time around and wasn't too pleased with NY.

Anyway... that's just my opinion on Rogue -- if you're able, play Rogue first. You should play the maybe final(?) last gen AC before switching to the next gen. It just makes sense to do it that way, IMO. Besides, wasn't originally supposed to come out prior to Unity or was that the other way? Regardless, I'd rather play the old gen one first. "Out with the old, in the with the new!"

-------

TL;DR

I dislike that Rogue is revisiting an area we've already been to
I dislike that it's a full price game despite being more a less an Expansion considering we're revisiting a place we've been to before
I love the idea of playing as a Templar and unlocking Crusades-esque armor
I think it makes more sense to play Rogue before Unity because it seems to make more logical sense to play the game with the old mechanics, a story tied to AC3/AC4 more overtly, THEN play the newer one.

naumaan
10-03-2014, 07:25 AM
for me .. unity obviously .. as rogue is not on pc .. but i ll watch all its videos on youtube

Aphex_Tim
10-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Unity.
I'll be waiting on a price drop for Rogue. I've grown kinda tired of the "old" AC formula and from what I've seen so far, Rogue isn't very different from previous games gameplay wise.

dimbismp
10-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Definetely Unity.I am still not sure if i am even going to play ACRo at all !It will be difficult to go back at old gen after ACU

Aphex_Tim
10-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Might even wait and see if Rogue is gonna be released on PS4 after all. In that case, I'll wait!

Junguler
10-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Unity for me this year but if i didn't like it i won't be bothering with ac games anymore.

Sushiglutton
10-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Unity only for me. Unity seems awesome from what have been show thus far and I'm excited to play it! Verycurious to see how the various elements have been change and how progression has been implemented.

Rogue, on the other hand, is too similar to AC4 with some changes which will make it worse. I did enjoy AC4, but after completing it twice I'm tired of the formula. It's highly unlikely I'll ever play Rogue.

VitoAuditore
10-03-2014, 04:24 PM
unity for sure, but only because its my first ps4 game.

TheArcaneEagle
10-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Hmmm... Unity and then Rogue, hopefully on the same day. I'll alternate every couple of hours.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/TheArcaneEagle/Untitled_zps991ba350.png

Sorry I couldn't resist. I find the two to look strikingly the same.

Locopells
10-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Closed at OP request.