PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to mod in AC games?

Farlander1991
10-02-2014, 03:34 PM
AC games is a series that I want to mod so much, but there are no publicly released tools to do so. Which is a shame. So I would like to ask everybody who wants to endulge themselves into the fantasy of what they'd mod in AC games had there been modding.

Please keep in mind that there are a bunch of things that would be out of budgetary proportions for a lot of modders (or for technical reasons), like changing the plotline (VA plus motion capture for cutscenes? Don't think so), or adding mechanics that did not exist in the game at all.

Here's my general list for each game:

-----ASSASSIN'S CREED 1-----
-Core Mechanics-
Combat: Remove counter-attack. Make enemies more aggressive. That's about it. Combat without direct counters in AC requires you to use all of your defensive capabilities, but you also have to actually go into offensive to kill people. Counter-attack removes this dynamic (and there's still sort of a counter mechanism in the way of dodge/attack).

-Missions-
Investigations: In the PC version, two of the four mission types that were added don't go with the hudless design philosophy: rooftop race challenge and market stand destruction, as hud is required to actually know what to do there. I would revert those missions back to their original state on consoles. Also I would add variation to the investigation missions. For example, for pickpocketing, not all people would act the same. Some would be VERY suspicious, some would have bodyguards, some would run a lot. If it would be possible to create new investigation mission types that would make sense with dialogues that are available in the game, I would do so to.
Templar Assassinations: Instead of having Templars standing around like collectables, they would be a variation on Assassination contracts. Each Templar would be in a designed guarded and forbidden for the Assassin area, so each Templar would essentially become a mission.

-Other-
Flags: Remove them and burn with fire.
Events: I would like to add more events happening in the city. From two brutes fighting each other, to guards chasing a thief. But most of all, I would like to add more Assassin activity. Have some Assassins run on rooftops. Have a figure be assassinated infront of our eyes by somebody. Have Assassins go in and out of the bureau. If possible, would maybe somehow tie Assassin activity to the Templars. Like, each Templar you kill in Kingdom or city would be replaced by an Assassin figure that would help us in chases and combat, so there would be some advantage to killing the Templars.

-----ASSASSIN'S CREED 2-----
-Core Mechanics-
Combat: Once again, remove counter-attack and make enemies more aggressive. I'm not sure about disarm. I think I would make it so you'd have to use taunt before you can disarm somebody.
Weapons: Make it so weapons have more differentiation and feel differently, rebalance weapons and enemies so stats on weapons would matter more.
Social Stealth: Change how notoriety works (I don't think it would be possible to remove it completely and make it work like in AC1). Make it leveled like in AC3, so situation in cities changes. Make so that each main assassination missions maxes out notoriety, while contract missions increase it considerably. Removing notoriety would be more tricky as well.

-Missions-
Main missions: Remove don't get detected restrictions wherever it would make sense. Redesign the Carnevale assassination: place it in a location with only one single entrance, far from water (and under some roof), and have all people wear masks there. Redesign the Arsenale sequence to make missions less scripted and linear. In fact, remove linearity in missions where it's not necessary.
Side missions: Add more assassination contracts, especially in cities like San Gimignano and Forli where there's not a lot of content.

-Other-
Economy: Rebalance the economy so it would be more action-based. The bulk of our income would be from completing missions and side-missions rather than passively waiting for ****tons of money to come in.
Chests: Don't have chests count for 100% completion.
Feathers: Decrease the number of feathers and have them only on landmarks.
Events: Like in AC1, add a bunch of events in the city to make it feel more alive.

-----ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD-----
-Core Mechanics-
Combat: Remove counter-attack AND kill streak. Honestly, there's so many moves in ACB and the archetypes are designed in a way that you'd have to use all of them, and counters with kill streaks break that totally.
Weapons: Remove crossbow and poison darts. They're too OP (crossbow combines the advantages of both hidden gun and throwing knives with none of the disadvantages, and poison darts make poison blade absolutely obsolete and remove any of the strategic value). Like in AC2, rebalance weapons and enemies in a way so weapons would feel different and make more sense.
Social Stealth: Redesign notoriety like in the AC2 mod.
Brotherhood: Make it so brotherhood meter recharges slower to make it less OP and more of a 'strategic strike' rather than a solution to all problems.

-Missions-
Main missions: Wherever possible, make less linear and remove arbitrary constraints. Make some missions longer by having a bit more things to do (concerns some of the late-game stuff especially... really, a mission where there's just one skirmish and that's it, it's complete?).
Optional objectives: Kill them with fire. Though, if there would be enough ideas to make optional objectives that actually make sense (i.e., not constraints, but additional objectives, ones that would preferably change the mission situation), then try to do that.

-Other-
Economy: Make it so Borgia towers simply unlock all the stores from the get go. And, as with AC2, rebalance the economy so it would be more action-based and less passive.
Chests: Don't have them count to 100% completion.
Flags: Make less of them.
Events: Once again, add more events happening in the city.

-----ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS-----
-Core Mechanics-
Combat: See Brotherhood.
Weapons: See Brotherhood.
Bombs: Remove some elements and rebalance some others so there would be less redundancies in bomb crafting, everything would have its purpose.
Social Stealth: Adapt the AC2/ACB mod notoriety scheme to the battle for Dens.
Brotherhood: See Brotherhood.
Den Defense: Make Den Defense events/battles in the core gameplay rather than a separate mode.

-Missions-
Main missions: Where needed make less linear with no stupid desynch constraints. Make the final chase less ridiculous and remove the air fight.
Optional objectives: See brotherhood.
Side missions: Add a bunch of assassination contracts. Races. Some mercenary battles. Basically, make it so side-content would be more on the level of ACB.

-Other-
Economy: See Brotherhood.
Chests: See Brotherhood.
Animus Fragments: Make less of them and place only on landmarks.
Events: Add more events happening in the city to make it feel more alive.

-----ASSASSIN'S CREED III-----
-Core Mechanics-
Combat: I'm not sure what to do EXACTLY... but try to make it so correct actions for archetypes aren't the only thing we need to do in combat. And make AI more aggressive.
Weapons: Once again, make it so weapons feel different and each has advantages and disadvantages.
Social Stealth: Fix the psychic AI.

-Missions-
Main missions: Overhaul pretty much everything to make missions closer to the traditional AC formula rather than linear as they are. Add design-wise more possibilities to use Brotherhood and tools at our disposal.
Optional objectives: As per usual, see Brotherhood.
Side missions: Make normal assassination contracts, add more of them. At least that. Overhaul other side content that's possible.

-Other-
Economy: Make economy hunting-based rather than trade-based. Remove trading.
Crafting: Homestead exists for crafting personal equipment for Connor only, rather than a bunch of other useless stuff like barrels and chairs.
Events: I like events happening in the cities, ok? :D

-----ASSASSIN'S CREED IV-----
-Core Mechanics-
Combat: Whatever I'd do to AC3, do it here as well.

-Missions-
Optional objective: As per usual.
Side missions: add more contracts in the cities to extend our gameplay there.

-Other-
Animus fragments: Remove them.
Chests: Don't make them count for 100% completion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In general, that's about it, might have missed quite a few things in detail, though.
What about you?

Kakuzu745
10-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Shouldn´t this be in the PC section?

Locopells
10-03-2014, 01:07 AM
I'd add a flag/templar map to AC1, myself.

And yeah - are you talking about PC modding, or just what you'd like to change, if you could?

The_Kiwi_
10-03-2014, 02:02 AM
I think it would be a lot of fun to mod AC4 so that modern day is third person.

Unicorn horse mods would also be cool.

Maybe a Game of Thrones mod, put some character costumes in there. Or LotR, I think it would be cool going around killing people with and Orcrist sword/Sting dagger combo.

I'd add a flag/templar map to AC1, myself.

YES THIS SO MUCH. Except, there's like 400 flags or something all up, and I would not be motivated.
But on that note, a feather map for AC2. I hated having to look at my laptop to watch videos or maps with their locations, just for those trophies.
Imagine a crocodile mod in AC4 that made them all look like night furies...

ze_topazio
10-03-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm sure one of the first things people would do in Unity would be an Eiffel Tower.

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2014, 02:25 AM
I'd replace all the models with [CENSORED], naturally.

JustPlainQuirky
10-03-2014, 02:29 AM
replace all horses with motorcycles.

replace assassin stabbing with hugging.

replace ziio with connor.

replace ToKW Connor with ToKW Haytham.

After every sequence all the assassins creed protagonists get shirtless and make out.

ze_topazio
10-03-2014, 02:38 AM
I would love to do my own city.

JustPlainQuirky
10-03-2014, 02:41 AM
I would also replace all enemies with a 3D render of Darby.

And replace all the settings with a modern day equivalent.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Bah, might as well just play GTA mods + Garry's mod.

The_Kiwi_
10-03-2014, 02:41 AM
I would replace all the wildlife with New Zealand wildlife.
That would just be incredible.

Locopells
10-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Unicorn horse mods would also be cool.

That's actually a thing in ACB

The_Kiwi_
10-03-2014, 06:10 AM
That's actually a thing in ACB

Oh yeah I forgot about that haha
Pegasus mods then, flying horses would be badass

Ureh
10-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I'd like to mod the graphics. Better shadows Especially the stuff in the distance... the buildings (and trees) get all grainy, blurry and pixely-looking when they're far away. And a mod to fix most of the bugs.

Fatal-Feit
10-03-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd like to mod the graphics. Better shadows Especially the stuff in the distance... the buildings (and trees) get all grainy, blurry and pixely-looking when they're far away. And a mod to fix most of the bugs.

If there wasn't Uplay, AC would have a huge modding community, I tell you. It's the perfect sandbox franchise. Imagine Venice with no filter, all the cities with improved textures, draw distance, wild life, civilian density, realistic mod, etc, etc... *sobs*

Anyway, before Rogue was a thing, I wanted to turn the Whales into Narwhals. :p

lothario-da-be
10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
French accent mod.
C'est une blague :p

marvelfannumber
10-03-2014, 09:32 PM
All this thread does is prove that Ubisoft are fools for restricting modding so much.

+1 for a Pegasus mod btw, it would be glorious.

I guess I also have a suggestion, make every single gun or projectile weapon shoot rainbows!

Megas_Doux
10-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Graphical stuff to all the games, but specifically:

AC I : No exaggerated color filters, horses inside cities Day and night cycle.
AC II: Again, no filters, horses inside cities and some heavy graphical overhaulin ala Skyrim . Ezio´s florentine noble outfit available. Replay missions!!!!!!!
ACB: AC II´s ezio outfit.
ACR cheats like choosing day and night.
AC III: BACKGROUND MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Autumn.
AC IV: being able to fight with one sword at will.

AdamPearce
10-04-2014, 05:39 AM
OUTFITS
Like seriously, the original outfits for Ezio are so freaking awesome but the ones in the final game OMG WHY UBI !?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !?!?!

ACII; http://www.northwestgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/AC2.jpg
ACB; http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pfuGYuSQPrk/TwKR-0Cf4hI/AAAAAAAAA58/eYK1yNhjy_g/s1600/brotherhood-hd-2-706324.jpg
*melts*

Otherwise I would balance Assassin's Creed III combat gameplay. As we begin, Connor is already a master Assassin, there is litterally no differences in the gameplay before and after you meet with Achilles except the Rope Dart. It's so clumsy and immersion breaking. I would like a way to 'unlock' these skills as you progress in the game (LIKE IN AC1!) so you feel the evolution and that by the end you feel like you have achieved something.

Also make the Assassins Tomahawk a Legendary Weapon and create a default weapon that isn't much powerfull than the stone tomahawk.
And playable Haytham.
And Rathonhaké:ton outfit.
And redesign ALL of Desmond Missions, like, ALL OF THEM.