PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue. Along with new Templar fanbase?

EmbodyingSeven5
09-30-2014, 12:24 AM
I am really excited for this game because of the new fans that will be raked in. I mean can you imagine starting AC series with Templar games that drew you close to new and appealing Templar characters. all following their beliefs and staying dedicated to their cause. I can wait to see new Templar fanboys experiencing this AC from a unique point of view. would they view the conflict differently then you do? what interesting threads or arguments will they make? or will they be around the same as current AC fans. would your opinion differ from yours now if you played AC Rogue first would you experience or ideals about conflict change? one thing is certain. Templar fans wont be so lonely now. ;)

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Some more Templar cosplay would be nice. It'd make a nice change from all the MP ones.

Layytez
09-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Depends on who they handle an Assassin background character becoming a Templar. We have heard Shay say the Assassins tricked him into killing innocent people but last time I checked the Templars have plenty of experience in this field. Hopefully whatever "terrible" thing the Assassins do remains within reason and not just for plot. Making them the worst of the worst antagonist just for a story considering their history doesn't make any sense.

ze_topazio
09-30-2014, 12:32 AM
There is always the occasionally oddball that starts playing one series with the most random title possible, but I don't see many doing that with Rogue, Rogue is a poorly advertised game that will be overshadowed by Unity, I can see many people starting with Unity on the other hand.

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Rogue is a poorly advertised game

It has not been like advertised at all...at this point I am starting to think the game will be a big disappointment :S

MakimotoJin
09-30-2014, 06:18 PM
It has not been like advertised at all...at this point I am starting to think the game will be a big disappointment :S

Well I only have the last-gen console,so I either get Rogue,or nothing at all.And to know if the game will be a disappointment,only one way to find out:wait for the game to be released.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Personally, I'm more Templar sided anyway. I think a lot of people like me think that the Templar motive (Order, direction, stability) is better than the Assassin's (Freedom to Chaos).

Thats why I was excited for Rogue, but then I found out Shay turns to Templar just for revenge purposes. I doubt he gives a crap about the Templar order. I want to see an Assassin turn to Templar for the right reasons, not for revenge. Or a Templar to Assassin game.

Just take revenge out the picture and have the story actually focus on the ideals of the two factions.

Loki Will Rule
09-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Where does it say that Shay turns his back on the Assassins for revenge? I'm sure there's a lot more to the story than that.

MakimotoJin
09-30-2014, 06:56 PM
but then I found out Shay turns to Templar just for revenge purposes.

Where have you seen that he changed sides for revenge?Based off the trailers,he "learned he was following a lie,deceiving into ending innocent lives",not because of revenge.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Thats why I was excited for Rogue, but then I found out Shay turns to Templar just for revenge purposes. I doubt he gives a crap about the Templar order. I want to see an Assassin turn to Templar for the right reasons, not for revenge. Or a Templar to Assassin game.

I don't recall reading anything about revenge.

Shay have always disagreed with the Assassins' ideals but was too ignorant to do something about it. Having to kill ''innocents'' was his last straw, and when they tried to kill him, he knew the Assassins had to be stopped and hunted down. That sounds more like retribution than revenge.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 08:36 PM
I read that the Assassins screwed him over in something so he hates them

HiddenKiller612
09-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I will never side with templars.... I may agree with a singular templar character, but never the entirety of the order. Freedom may become chaos but there is no true order... Control is an allusion. You cannot control the masses.... no matter how powerful you believe yourself to be. They will always rise up, and your control will falter. Templars are essentially fighting a losing battle. The only reason they get an upper hand is because there are more people seeking power and control than there are seeking peace and freedom.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I don't recall reading anything about revenge.

Shay have always disagreed with the Assassins' ideals but was too ignorant to do something about it. Having to kill ''innocents'' was his last straw, and when they tried to kill him, he knew the Assassins had to be stopped and hunted down. That sounds more like retribution than revenge.

then an article is later published talking about how shay now has the option to kill innocents because hes not like previous assassins. lol really?!

I will never side with templars.... I may agree with a singular templar character, but never the entirety of the order. Freedom may become chaos but there is no true order... Control is an allusion. You cannot control the masses.... no matter how powerful you believe yourself to be. They will always rise up, and your control will falter. Templars are essentially fighting a losing battle. The only reason they get an upper hand is because there are more people seeking power and control than there are seeking peace and freedom.

This^;)