PDA

View Full Version : Poll - How would you feel about 3 AC games? (Unity, Rogue & Multiplayer)

cyrax008
09-30-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure if this poll would be best suited for general discussion or the MP section, but we're getting 2 AC (non MP) games this year, Unity for next-gen and Rogue for prev-gen (most likely for next-gen 6 months later).

How would you feel if Ubisoft released a 3rd Assassin's Creed game, MULTIPLAYER ONLY that would be available in both download and disc-form?

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 12:15 AM
No MP only game, wouldn't sell well. AC multiplayer seriously dies off after about a month or two.

ze_topazio
09-30-2014, 12:19 AM
It's called Rogue.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 12:20 AM
MP only not gonna last me thinks.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 12:22 AM
One to satisfy the MP fans? Sure, why not? MP have always been developed by a different team, anyways.

It could be Assassin's Creed version of Ghost Recon. But knowing Ubisoft, the microtransaction will be even worse.

cyrax008
09-30-2014, 12:23 AM
It's called Rogue.

Completely forgot lol

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Multiplayer isn't popular enough to warrant its own game, methinks. Unless they made it really cheap and had dedicated servers and continuous support (lol).

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 03:41 PM
No...too many games already on a yearly basis. Add to that the fact that Ubi will not continuously support the MP game so it will eventually die and become worthless.

D.I.D.
09-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Only if it's F2P.

Even then, this year alone we've had announcements for 2.5 main console games (Unity, Rogue, Chronicles), 3 mobile games, a board game, and I might not even be remembering everything. That's more than one game every 2 months. Next year we'll have a new main platforms game, a new gen Rogue, a proper release of Shao Jun's Chronicles, and whatever else they've got coming.

I don't think it matters but a lot of people do, and the negative reception is making people think badly of the company and the brand. Sure, it's just a subset of the people who read and comment on games sites right now, and many of those weren't going to buy the games anyway, but I think it's now at a critical point where some of these things need to be bundled into pairs or something.

HiddenKiller612
09-30-2014, 10:34 PM
I'd say they were pushing their luck...

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Nah, I think most people just look at AC MP as a bonus to the single player content. I doubt a standalone MP game would be a hit.

Plus I already think two games a year is way too much. Hell, I wasn't even entirely on board the once-yearly bandwagon yet before they slapped Rogue on us.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 11:43 PM
Does AC:Identity count as the 3rd game this year? I sort of think it does.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Not that it matters, but Liberation was re-released this year as well.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Does AC:Identity count as the 3rd game this year? I sort of think it does.

Meh, there have been AC mobile/handheld titles every year since the beginning of the series (barring 2008). I wouldn't count it, personally.

GoldenBoy9999
10-01-2014, 01:54 AM
Only if it's F2P.

Even then, this year alone we've had announcements for 2.5 main console games (Unity, Rogue, Chronicles), 3 mobile games, a board game, and I might not even be remembering everything. That's more than one game every 2 months. Next year we'll have a new main platforms game, a new gen Rogue, a proper release of Shao Jun's Chronicles, and whatever else they've got coming.

I don't think it matters but a lot of people do, and the negative reception is making people think badly of the company and the brand. Sure, it's just a subset of the people who read and comment on games sites right now, and many of those weren't going to buy the games anyway, but I think it's now at a critical point where some of these things need to be bundled into pairs or something.

Yep there's a whole lot of AC coming this year. The one you forgot was the second board game. There's AC Monopoly and AC: Arena. I think they both came out this year.

Journey93
10-01-2014, 02:43 AM
god no two are already more than enough
and multiplayer only? I hope that never happens AC is primarily a singeplayer franchise don't ruin it