PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Rogue Trophies

RinoTheBouncer
09-29-2014, 10:58 PM
I hope this isn't prohibited or anything. It's interesting cause it has info about present day and the possibility of someone whom we think is dead but isn't or something like that: www.exophase.com/game/assassins-creed-rogue-xbox-360/achievements/

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-29-2014, 10:59 PM
I was just reading about this and was gonna post, but you beat me to it :p

But take it with a grain of salt though. Looks legit but you never know.

Megas_Doux
09-29-2014, 11:02 PM
This seems odd.......Only Six sequences????????

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-29-2014, 11:07 PM
This seems odd.......Only Six sequences????????

yeah it is odd that's why I think its fake they wouldn't just give us six sequences plus cheats for achievements no other ac games have achievements for using cheats

RinoTheBouncer
09-29-2014, 11:11 PM
It could be a red herring for all we know, the "he's not dead isn't he" thing. I first thought of Desmond being alive in some digital or cyber space, perhaps.

MRNMRSPACER
09-29-2014, 11:12 PM
a narwhal ? lol

HiddenKiller612
09-29-2014, 11:15 PM
They look meh... Not digging the images at all, and only six sequences?

Kaschra
09-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Hm, the list seems pretty plausible.
But yeah, only six sequences? This is weird. Unless "No page unturned" and "Templar then; Templar now" are sequences too, but aren't numbered for some reason.
Even Liberation had eight sequences, so six seems a bit short. Or maybe the six sequences are longer than usual. I don't know.

There are four modern day missions, and it seems that we are back at Abstergo Enternainment. But it seems not as a reasearcher, but as a technician instead (Repairman - Repair all computers in Abstergo Entertainment)

Layytez
09-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Hmm interesting. The he is not dead trophy could be related to John because he technically can't die :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
09-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Maybe some are missing.

Alphacos007
09-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Hmm interesting. The he is not dead trophy could be related to John because he technically can't die :rolleyes:

Interesting theory.

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 11:36 PM
No way there's only 6 sequences.

That's a COMPLETE rip off.

That's literally HALF of AC3

what the **** Ubi

SixKeys
09-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Hm, the list seems pretty plausible.
But yeah, only six sequences? This is weird. Unless "No page unturned" and "Templar then; Templar now" are sequences too, but aren't numbered for some reason.
Even Liberation had eight sequences, so six seems a bit short. Or maybe the six sequences are longer than usual. I don't know.

There are four modern day missions, and it seems that we are back at Abstergo Enternainment. But it seems not as a reasearcher, but as a technician instead (Repairman - Repair all computers in Abstergo Entertainment)

Could it be we're repairing all the computers we hacked/broke in AC4? That would be kind of amusing.

The list sounds plausible to me. Six sequences is too short though.

And looks like Animus fragments are back. Hooray, random sandbank-hopping! :rolleyes:

Layytez
09-29-2014, 11:39 PM

what the **** Ubi
It's already a rip off :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm so freakin' pissed right now.

I can't even defend Rogue anymore.

It literally has not even 2/3 the length of Liberation. A VITA game.

Jesus Christ.

Please god let this be debunked.

But this was posted by AccessTheAnimus (which is indirectly endorsed by Ubi I believe)

So it's probably true.

SixKeys
09-29-2014, 11:42 PM

what the **** Ubi

Six sequences is not long enough for the professional relationship to intensify.

Kaschra
09-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Could it be we're repairing all the computers we hacked/broke in AC4? That would be kind of amusing.

Indeed, it would be xD

ze_topazio
09-29-2014, 11:46 PM
Maybe those sequences are veeeeeeeeeeeery long.

Xstantin
09-29-2014, 11:47 PM
They sound pretty standard for AC game. The icons look middle-agey imo - I know it's not a big deal but the older games had some better-looking ones.

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Seriously if it's 6 sequences it might as well just been DLC.

I mean christ.

I think this debunks any chance of Haytham DLC then considering the game itself is unfinished.

Six sequences is not long enough for the professional relationship to intensify.

Don't damage my heart more than it already is.

SixKeys
09-29-2014, 11:53 PM

But then they wouldn't be able to charge $60 for it. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just realized: $60 = $10 per sequence. That's a ripoff on a whoooole new level.

JustPlainQuirky
09-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Ubisoft Employee One: Ok guys. We need a fresh new game for our last gen fans. What should we do?

Ubisoft Employee Two: Re-use assets. Re-use locations. Recycle animations. And throw in old music claiming it's a "tribute" to older games.

Ubisoft Employee One: Nah....that's not good enough

Ubisoft Employee Two: How about we chop off a whole third of the game? All for full price, too!

Ubisoft Employee One: Genius! Give that man a raise!

Xstantin
09-29-2014, 11:58 PM
^Will all be forgiven if they do intensify the relationship?

Fatal-Feit
09-29-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm so freakin' pissed right now.

I can't even defend Rogue anymore.

It literally has not even 2/3 the length of Liberation. A VITA game.

Jesus Christ.

Please god let this be debunked.

But this was posted by AccessTheAnimus (which is indirectly endorsed by Ubi I believe)

So it's probably true.

Don't just base it on its story length.

Liberation's sequences were really short. Completing the whole game and unlocking everything including achievements will require less than 20 hours.

Brotherhood's sequence 7/8/9 were extremely short. Together they make up a sequence.

AC:IV's open world alone requires more than double that time to explore and unlock everything. Rogue will supposedly be much bigger than that, so.

------------------------------------

6 sequences...

There's many plausible reasons for that.

1. Each sequences are really long.

2. Modern day takes a large chunk of the story.

3. They focused more on the size of the open world.

SixKeys

I think they would need to be macking by the end of sequence 1 to quell Mayrice's rage.

Layytez
Ubisoft Employee One: Ok guys. We need a fresh new game for our last gen fans. What should we do?

Ubisoft Employee Two: Re-use assets. Re-use locations. Recycle animations. And throw in old music claiming it's a "tribute" to older games.

Ubisoft Employee One: Nah....that's not good enough

Ubisoft Employee Two: How about we chop off a whole third of the game? All for full price, too!

Ubisoft Employee One: Genius! Give that man a raise!
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6067/6081114162_eae14ba471_o.gif

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:00 AM

...Well when you put it that way...

I think they would need to be macking by the end of sequence 1 to quell Mayrice's rage.

This.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 12:00 AM

I mean christ.

I think this debunks any chance of Haytham DLC then considering the game itself is unfinished.

Don't damage my heart more than it already is.

Now do you believe all the stuff I said to bash this cash in? But yeah, 6 sequences is so so bad.

This looks legit as hell, icons and everything.

ze_topazio
09-30-2014, 12:01 AM
The rest of the game is released next year, Rogue part 2.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 12:02 AM
This is absolutely hilarious.

Layytez
09-30-2014, 12:02 AM
This is absolutely hilarious.
I'm still cracking up.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Way to go Ubisoft. You just lost your prime AC: Rogue defender.

Don't just base it on its story length.

Liberation's sequences were really short. Completing the whole game and unlocking everything including achievements will require less than 20 hours.

Brotherhood's sequence 7/8/9 were extremely short. Together they make up a sequence.

AC:IV's open world alone requires more than double that time to explore and unlock everything. Rogue will supposedly be much bigger than that, so.

------------------------------------

6 sequences...

There's many plausible reasons for that.

1. Each sequences are really long.

2. Modern day takes a large chunk of the story.

3. They focused more on the size of the open world.

Having long modern day would require actually having a well-developed modern day. One that isn't a walking simulator.

I say it's the size thing.

But that just means the game will be repetative because there's even less side missions than black flag since diving bells out.

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 12:07 AM
The rest of the game is released next year, Rogue part 2.

Lmao, I will die of laughter if that happens.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 12:08 AM

That was your fault. You defended:

1. Reused HUD
2. Reused animations
3. Rehashed "new mechanics"

For no reason whatsoever. It was so obvious this was a cash in, it was obvious they wanted money from people with last gen consoles.

6 sequences is a joke. AC missions are never long and im sure there will be leading missions in the sense that one carries on straight after another.

But seriously, MASSIVE LOL.

Secondly, absolute joke this is full price.

Anyone that says about collectibles and side missions... NO. Okay. The story is what you pay for.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Oh lord people you always jump the gun at getting angry at these games.....

To those who are pissed off about game length.

1: there are 6 main sequences(of length not yet determined)
2: there are 4 MD sequences.

3: most importantly.....I can't believe nobody has seen this but apparently people just went streight to being pissed off at 6 sequences......but there is an achievement for completing 17 missions of a "NAVAL CAMPAIGN" called "Globe Trotter". So this means there's a whole seperate CAMPAIGN aside from the main Campaign of 6 sequences. And this naval campaign is at least 17 missions long. That's quite a bit of content. Also it's name implies we go to more exotic locales a la AC3s naval. I expect some naval missions to exotic places. Perhaps India or china(perhaps Shay goes there to learn more about shao juns box from Embers that he may get from Ade which I think plays some kind of role( thus why shao juns story is coming out as a supplemental game with unity))

So there's more than just 6 sequences(which may also be fairly long and substantial btw). So calm down folks

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 12:10 AM
Given the length of sequences of Black Flag, welp.

Layytez
Only defence i saw was seeing old faces but even then thats not enough to defend all them rehashes lol. Hows that Haytham hype ?

JustPlainQuirky
That was your fault. You defended:

1. Reused HUD
2. Reused animations
3. Rehashed "new mechanics"

For no reason whatsoever. It was so obvious this was a cash in, it was obvious they wanted money from people with last gen consoles.

6 sequences is a joke. AC missions are never long and im sure there will be leading missions in the sense that one carries on straight after another.

But seriously, MASSIVE LOL.

Secondly, absolute joke this is full price.

Anyone that says about collectibles and side missions... NO. Okay. The story is what you pay for.

I thought they would change the HUD because it was just a demo.

And there was showings of new animations. So I hoped the final product would have more.

Don't know what you mean by new mechanics. Unless you mean the bazooka gun thing which is basically a blowdart/blunderbuss hybrid.

I'm just beyond disappointed.

I was able to let all that stuff pass (aside from the HUD thing. That rustled my jimmies)

but 6 sequences??? really???

2: there are 4 MD sequences.

where is that stated?

"NAVAL CAMPAIGN"

By that logic, AC3 had a naval campaign.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Given the length of sequences of Black Flag, welp.

Not to mention that was 2 years and this will be 1.5 at most.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 12:13 AM

But that just means the game will be repetative because there's even less side missions than black flag since diving bells out.

Actually no there seems to be ice caves,and Native Hills(burial mounds) that will fill the role of diving/assassin tombs. Plus the shipwrecks in the ice we have already seen.

Jeaz people have anyone actually read these achievements beyond the numbered ones for main sequences? Half the stuff people are saying is disproven by other achievements on that list. Calm down people.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 12:13 AM

Having long modern day would require actually having a well-developed modern day. One that isn't a walking simulator.

I say it's the size thing.

R's modern day wasn't content packed. (they stripped the good parts onto a DLC) If we're comparing Rogue's modern day (which will probably be like AC:IV's) to R's, then we have a lot more content there.

Also, R and B were a pretty short game. Having more sequences doesn't meant their length were long. And the side content were 30-40 hours worth. AC:IV's were 50-60 hours. If Rogue's world is bigger than that, we're looking at more content.

---------

Rogue has its own activities to replace diving bells. Like the North Atlantic.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Actually no there seems to be ice caves,and Native Hills(burial mounds) that will fill the role of diving/assassin tombs. Plus the shipwrecks in the ice we have already seen.

Where was "native hills" mentioned?

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 12:14 AM
I thought they would change the HUD because it was just a demo.

And there was showings of new animations. So I hoped the final product would have more.

Don't know what you mean by new mechanics. Unless you mean the bazooka gun thing which is basically a blowdart/blunderbuss hybrid.

I'm just beyond disappointed.

I was able to let all that stuff pass (aside from the HUD thing. That rustled my jimmies)

but 6 sequences??? really???

The HUD is the same most likely due to MD still taking place in Abstergo, a good cop out.

It has new animations, not alot. About 4. Even Edward only had 5 "finishing" moves at the end of a kill.

New mechanics as in the gun yes. Its just Revelations bombs instead of throwing them, shoot them. Air Rifle = Blunderbuss that does the same stuff as blowpipe. Putting a mask up was taken straight from watch dogs.

This was so obvious. I've been around here for long enough (4 years) to know what Ubisoft are like with their games. The evidence listed above should have told you this was already a cheap game.

The fact you didn't listen to me, or anyone else, is your own fault, not Ubi's. It is evident from what we saw the first gameplay video that this is just to gain more cash for future projects.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 12:18 AM
It has new animations, not alot. About 4. Even Edward only had 5 "finishing" moves at the end of a kill.

Rogue has 8* from what we've seen. 4 new ones and 4 old ones.

------------

@Mayrice - Rogue is a Revelations. Everyone knew that from the start.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 12:18 AM

There's a native outfit trophy so I guess you get it by going through all the hills.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:19 AM
There's a native outfit trophy so I guess you get it by going through all the hills.

link?

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 12:20 AM
where is that stated?

By that logic, AC3 had a naval campaign.

To the first point it's actually mentioned in the list of achievements if you would care to read them. There are 4 achievements for completing MD sequences.

To the second. Yeah actually AC3 did have a fairly substantial naval campaign centered around hunting Biddle. It was actually a seperate thig from the main campaign. But far shorter than 17 missions. Although plus DLC AC3 has a LOT of naval missions besides just those.
And since the achievement for rogue says 17 "story missions" it strongly infers a fairly lengthy sub campaign.

Just relax and read some of the other achievements before going berserk.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 12:21 AM

Once again it's in the achievements in the link this thread is about!!!!!! Read them before criticizing!!!!!!!
It's called "King of the hill" for clearing all of the native hills and ice caves.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:21 AM
@bmark

the link I used didn't say anything about MD.

and I think I have a right to be concerned. After all this is the shortest amount of sequences we've gotten in the franchise thus far.

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 12:22 AM
@Mayrice, they brought the native hills up in one of the videos. Otherwise I just go by "complete the armor" formula from older games.

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't wanna jump into conclusions, but maybe the sequences are longer than what we're used to. I wanna test the whole product before judging it. The list could be incomplete for all we know.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:25 AM
TBH I've had a terrible, stressful day today so perhaps I'm just lashing out on Rogue.

Layytez
09-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. A rule I have followed since AC3.

Alphacos007
09-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Rogue has 7* from what we've seen. 4 new ones and 4 old ones.

But 4+4 is 8...

RA503
09-30-2014, 12:27 AM
looks awesome for me,principally to know that the modern day is present, is better a short game that full of filler,looking to the other achievements looks like the game will have more side content than the main story,I don't know why the people aways look the bad side of the things...

DumbGamerTag94
@bmark

the link I used didn't say anything about MD.

and I think I have a right to be concerned. After all this is the shortest amount of sequences we've gotten in the franchise thus far.

Did you use the link on the OP of this thread? There's a ton of achievements on there including 4 about MD.

There's also Templar armor confirmed in the videos and these achievements that we know must be opened with keys. So Templar/assassin hunt missions a la AC4 may return for this. That would be even more story content(those together make up a good sequence worth)

As for the native armor I expect a myan armor type fetch quest to get this.

RinoTheBouncer
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. A rule I have followed since AC3.
I loved ACIII so much, every moment of it except the last 5 minutes of modern day (the ending) and since then, my hype died. Now I want games hoping they'd rectify rather than exceed expectations or impress.

Layytez
09-30-2014, 12:30 AM
I loved ACIII so much, every moment of it except the last 5 minutes of modern day (the ending) and since then, my hype died. Now I want games hoping they'd rectify rather than exceed expectations or impress.
Bingo.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Oh wow there actually is Modern Day missions.

Can't wait for iPad adventures 2.0

ze_topazio
09-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Oh wow there actually is Modern Day missions.

Can't wait for iPad adventures 2.0

Maybe it's a smartphone this time.

cyrax008
09-30-2014, 12:34 AM
I'd rather there be 8 sequences but aside from that, there seems to be a lot to do (side stuff), which obviously beefs up the game.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:36 AM
Maybe it's a smartphone this time.

Even better: Google glass.

Oh wait, that requires voice controls and our protagonist is incapabe of speech and anything outside of "push button"

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 12:38 AM
sequence 2 and 3 from black flag had about 7-8 missions in each and every other had about 3-4 and if you add the 3-4 ones up to match the 7-8 missions sequences in black flag there would be about 6-7 sequences in black flag. but you know 3-4 or even 2 missions is very tiny for a sequence

Ichrukia56
09-30-2014, 12:38 AM
you all do know that AC 1 had 7 mission sequences right ;)

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Still sad there doesn't seem to be homestead-esque missions.

And like I said earlier, i think this crushes all hopes for Haytham DLC.

Or Eseosa DLC.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 12:39 AM
I'd rather there be 8 sequences but aside from that, there seems to be a lot to do (side stuff), which obviously beefs up the game.

Something have bothered me in AC:B, AC:R, and AC:L was that their sequences after 6 were either redundant or very, very short. With Rogue, they're probably escaping that.

But yeah, the open-world side content seems to be beefed up.

I-Like-Pie45
09-30-2014, 12:40 AM
You should join the Steam Chat Mayo

I'll give you some fresh Shaytham for coping

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Oh hey Legendary Ships are back though.

Those legendary ships intimidated the hell outta me.

@pie

can't now. Busy multi-tasking.

hood3dassassin5
09-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Still sad there doesn't seem to be homestead-esque missions.

And like I said earlier, i think this crushes all hopes for Haytham DLC.

Or Eseosa DLC.

Do the achievements appear for the dlc after the dlc releases? Or do they release with the rest of the achievements

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 12:44 AM
The way I am seeing things so far:
Story Content:

-6 main sequences for the campaign

-A "naval campaign" with at least 17 "story missions" (that's like 2-3 sequences worth of story)

-Templar Armor(confirmed to be unlocked with keys in the demo) is confirmed by the demos and achievements. The keys strongly imply that Templar hunt style missions will return.(if so that's 1 sequence worth of story)

So from that it looks like between 8-10 sequences worth of story-related content just for Shay! Not including the 4 MD sequences(confirmed by the OP)
That would bring the total up to 12-14 sequences worth of story content!!!! That's huge!!!!

Side content:

-ice caves and native hills(taking the places of diving I assume or perhaps assassin tombs) confirmed in OP link and demos

-frozen ship wrecks(replacing diving)

-Legendary ships(confirmed in OP)

-Forts(confirmed in OP)

-Settlements(confirmed in OP and demo)

-supply encampments(confirmed by OP link and most likely replace plantation missions)

-native armor to gain somehiw(myan armor style fetch quest most likely)

-hunting

-harpooning

-fleet minigame returns

-side quests(confirmed by DLC of Sir Gunns quest(most likely about the Templars discovering the new world before Columbus)).and seige of fort Desable. If there is one quest there are most likely more.

And other side content probably exists besides this.

That's A LOT of content and a MASSIVE game based on those things that are already confirmed or strongly suggested.

I think people really need to chill and take inventory of everything. Not just see "six sequences" and freak out immediately.

I think it looks like there's plenty of content.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Still upset there's no diving bells.

I mean, I'm glad they considered cold water but...

Diving bells were hella fun for me.

pluswhataboutshirtlessshay

I mean, the river valley looks warm enough to swim in...

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Dis gurl... :p

Megas_Doux
09-30-2014, 01:26 AM
TBH I've had a terrible, stressful day today so perhaps I'm just lashing out on Rogue.

Being honest, Rogue kinda had MANY signs that screamed CASH COW all over it. The worst offenders being the usage of a recycled location that is set just 15 years earlier, the fact it is being released on old gen only, at least for now, and the lack of marketing.

Its price is what really bothers me in case the whole "six sequences only" proves to be true. However, considering that some months ago an hour game was released with a price tag of $30 by another company...I am not trully not susprised by this, AT ALL!!!!!!

zsera2014
09-30-2014, 01:34 AM
One legend dies, and one is born (complete sequence 5) ... now we know when the adewale thing happens :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 01:37 AM
One legend dies, and one is born (complete sequence 5) ... now we know when the adewale thing happens :rolleyes:

OH GOD.

Way to give me feels, man.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 01:44 AM
so the main plot takes at least 20 hours to complete but there are 6 sequences hmm something doesn't add up

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 01:45 AM
some looooooong sailing.

HiddenKiller612
09-30-2014, 01:48 AM
I'll wait for an official release of the trophy list... Though it's kind of cruddy that Ubi didn't comment on it....

UbiJustin
09-30-2014, 01:58 AM
I hope this isn't prohibited or anything. It's interesting cause it has info about present day and the possibility of someone whom we think is dead but isn't or something like that.

We do discourage the posting of these types of links/threads since this is obviously not an official source. This could technically be considered a leak since you're discussing pre-release content from an unofficial source.

Rule of thumb: if it has not come from an official Ubisoft source, don't believe it.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 02:01 AM
and some of the trophy's are copies of ac4s with a few minor changes plus one achievement is a complete copy of ac4s but just flipped and smaller in size plus another one is an copy of ac4s and its only smaller in size and another achievement has taken the tick out of one achievement made it a different colour and made it larger . found another this time something is just removed and made bigger .

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:03 AM
I think you're describing Rogue in itself.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 02:07 AM

http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 02:08 AM
now its starting to look fake to me

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:10 AM
It's real.

No faker is stupid enough to put only 6 sequences.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 02:12 AM
It's real.

No faker is stupid enough to put only 6 sequences.

we will find out the truth soon then we will know who was right

I-Like-Pie45
09-30-2014, 02:15 AM
Give us pics of your feet if you are wrong Mayo

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 02:16 AM

http://static.tumblr.com/bc3dbab50decf2dab40a1c115b609a6b/leuxwzu/pTNnaxmm8/tumblr_static_7otqjx093l8og0cw8ogss80so.gif

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:19 AM
He's not dead, is he?
Complete Present 2

Desmond alive cunfrm.

Not really.

But would make for an interesting plot twist.

And would make me regain some respect for the modern day.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Desmond alive cunfrm.

Not really.

But would make for an interesting plot twist.

And would make me regain some respect for the modern day.

another sage could show up

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Haytham was a sage all along!

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 02:23 AM
now its starting to look fake to me

The Unity list "leaked" earlier looked way more suspicious. This one looks like your typical AC achievement list.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 02:25 AM
The Unity list "leaked" earlier looked way more suspicious. This one looks like your typical AC achievement list.

but using cheats to get achievements

UniteUnderPower
09-30-2014, 03:02 AM
but using cheats to get achievements

Who says they're now introducing new achievement types? It isn't so far-fetched to believe.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Still laughing.

Ureh
09-30-2014, 06:53 AM

Maybe the one who dies is Shay and another is born?! :p

p.s. I didn't look at the list so not sure if the other trophies contradict that.

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 07:00 AM
People.

Here are some statistics for you.
Assassin's Creed II: 12 sequences released originally (i.e. no DLC), that have 70 memories.
Assassin's Creed III: 12 sequences, 46 memories.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: 9 sequences, 53 memories.
Assassin's Creed IV: 13 sequences, 45 memories.

The point is? The point is that the number of sequences means nothing. Sequences are just what divides the plot in 'chapters', but they can be short, or long. Brotherhood has less sequences but more story memories than Assassin's Creed IV, for example.

And it also doesn't show how big the whole game is. For example, ACIV has got more content than any of the games before it, even though it's campaign is relatively short (and I mean relatively, cause it is quite lengthy).

But even mission number doesn't show the quality or length of missions. For example, since we're comparing ACB with ACIV, ACB has got memories that are 'bring this box from this place to this place', it's got like 4 cutscene memories, and some of the playable memories (for example, near the end of the game) are literally one skirmish battle and that's it, the memory's done in 2 min, onto the next one. While Assassin's Creed IV has got only 2 cutscene memories, and not a single memory that would last less than approx. 10 minutes (as they all have at least several goals).

In other words... number of sequences means nothing.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 08:18 AM
People.

Assassin's Creed II: 12 sequences released originally (i.e. no DLC), that have 70 memories.

The point is? The point is that the number of sequences means nothing. Sequences are just what divides the plot in 'chapters', but they can be short, or long. Brotherhood has less sequences but more story memories than Assassin's Creed IV, for example.

And it also doesn't show how big the whole game is. For example, ACIV has got more content than any of the games before it, even though it's campaign is relatively short (and I mean relatively, cause it is quite lengthy).

But even mission number doesn't show the quality or length of missions. For example, since we're comparing ACB with ACIV, ACB has got memories that are 'bring this box from this place to this place', it's got like 4 cutscene memories, and some of the playable memories (for example, near the end of the game) are literally one skirmish battle and that's it, the memory's done in 2 min, onto the next one. While Assassin's Creed IV has got only 2 cutscene memories, and not a single memory that would last less than approx. 10 minutes (as they all have at least several goals).

If this was any game other than Rogue, I'd agree with you. However, such a small number of sequences in a game so obviously cut from Black Flag's cloth doesn't exactly bode well. Sure, plenty of games tell powerful stories in only a few hours, but for a $60 AAA title it's not really acceptable IMO, unless there's a TON of terrific side content that makes up for it.

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 08:29 AM
If this was any game other than Rogue, I'd agree with you. However, such a small number of sequences in a game so obviously cut from Black Flag's cloth doesn't exactly bode well. Sure, plenty of games tell powerful stories in only a few hours, but for a $60 AAA title it's not really acceptable IMO, unless there's a TON of terrific side content that makes up for it.

We have two games that were made in a year (ACB) or less (ACR) that were cut from AC2's cloth in a quick manner that still have managed to have normally-sized campaigns. And the one that was made in a year had tons of side-content. If anything, that's proof that Rogue that was cut from AC4's (and partially AC3's) cloth is capable of having a normally-sized campaign and a lot of side content.

Will it? Maybe yes, maybe not, who knows. But making judgments based purely on the amount of sequences is foolish, IMO (and that goes both ways, by the way, i.e. 'OMFG look how many sequences there are!' is as foolish as 'OMFG look how few sequences there are!'). Assassin's Creed Brotherhood might as well have had six sequences, for example, considering that the later half of the game has twice as few missions as the first half in the same amount of sequences.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Sure, plenty of games tell powerful stories in only a few hours, but for a $60 AAA title it's not really acceptable IMO, unless there's a TON of terrific side content that makes up for it.

I'm not sure if Black Flag's side activities were to your liking, but Rogue should, according to interviews, have more to offer.

But speaking of side content, I'm worried about Assassination Contracts. I know we can intercept them now, but I hope that's not a replacement.

People.

We have two games that were made in a year (ACB) or less (ACR) that were cut from AC2's cloth in a quick manner that still have managed to have normally-sized campaigns. And the one that was made in a year had tons of side-content. If anything, that's proof that Rogue that was cut from AC4's (and partially AC3's) cloth is capable of having a normally-sized campaign and a lot of side content.

Will it? Maybe yes, maybe not, who knows. But making judgments based purely on the amount of sequences is foolish, IMO (and that goes both ways, by the way, i.e. 'OMFG look how many sequences there are!' is as foolish as 'OMFG look how few sequences there are!'). Assassin's Creed Brotherhood might as well have had six sequences, for example, considering that the later half of the game has twice as few missions as the first half in the same amount of sequences.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 08:44 AM
they might be doing what they did for liberation and not give achievements to some of the sequences its just a thought. we need to stop fighting because if they turn out fake you guys were going to be fighting over something that's not real

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 08:51 AM
they might be doing what they did for liberation and not give achievements to some of the sequences its just a thought. we need to stop fighting because if they turn out fake you guys were going to be fighting over something that's not real

The likelihood of this being fake is little due to one big reason: icons. Fakes usually don't go as far as making professionally looking icons that go well design-wise with the UI (mostly the icon style) of the game.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-30-2014, 09:03 AM
The likelihood of this being fake is little due to one big reason: icons. Fakes usually don't go as far as making professionally looking icons that go well design-wise with the UI (mostly the icon style) of the game.

well some of the icons are copies from ac4s achievements that are the exact same or have minor changes

Farlander1991
09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
well some of the icons are copies from ac4s achievements that are the exact same or have minor changes

Pretty much all AC games have achievements that are similar, and from gameplay demos we already know that a bunch of map icons in Rogue are reused from AC4.

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 09:12 AM
We do discourage the posting of these types of links/threads since this is obviously not an official source. This could technically be considered a leak since you're discussing pre-release content from an unofficial source.

Rule of thumb: if it has not come from an official Ubisoft source, don't believe it.

In that case, I apologise, greatly.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 02:45 PM

Aka the entirety of Rogue.

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
I hope it is not complete...6 sequences? Yet you are charging like if it was a full game? Wow...we've gone from 13 Sequences to 6...

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't get why people are saying 6 sequences doesn't = game length...

If Unity, a game that had 4 years dev time had 6 sequences, I wouldn't be worried.

Rogue on the other hand is reusing/reskinning/taking stuff from other ubi games (Aidens mask) and has had a 2 year development time tops.

AC:B and AC:R don't mean nothing. Constantinople was nothing like Rome, which was nothing like Florence and they had around a year?

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 07:57 PM

If Unity, a game that had 4 years dev time had 6 sequences, I wouldn't be worried.

Rogue on the other hand is reusing/reskinning/taking stuff from other ubi games (Aidens mask) and has had a 2 year development time tops.

AC:B and AC:R don't mean nothing. Constantinople was nothing like Rome, which was nothing like Florence and they had around a year?

Yes, since everything is re skinned I really doubt they are changing the length of each sequence. Every time more stuff from Rogue comes out I keep thinking this should be an expansion and charged as such. You know kind of like Super Street Fighter 4 is to Street Fighter 4 where Super only costed 40 USD instead of 60.

Hans684
09-30-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm more concerned about Shao Jun's 2D game(would be a better concole game, missed potential) than an AC console game with 6 sequences.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 08:05 PM

People already explained it.

Aiden's mask was not re:used... I get it when that was a joke, but the animations and textures aren't even the same.

Neither are the River Valley and North Atlantic. (which are massively larger)

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 08:10 PM
Yes, since everything is re skinned I really doubt they are changing the length of each sequence. Every time more stuff from Rogue comes out I keep thinking this should be an expansion and charged as such. You know kind of like Super Street Fighter 4 is to Street Fighter 4 where Super only costed 40 USD instead of 60.

The length of sequences have always been inconsistent and random, at best.

Brotherhood's for example. Some of those last few sequences barely made up 5 minutes each, and could have been one whole sequence together.

Half of Assassin's Creed 3's sequences were a tutorial.

Black Flag had lengthy sequences that were cut in half in the later ones.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 08:33 PM
People already explained it.

Aiden's mask was not re:used... I get it when that was a joke, but the animations and textures aren't even the same.

Textures will be and thats my point when comparing it to the Ezio trilogy. I don't even know why you are defending it if I'm honest. Peoples explanations, to me, mean jack. No offence to anyone here, I love you all.

Im not saying Rogue is going to be a bad game, but ever since I saw the first gameplay demo and saw that it was Black Flag 1.5 I was shocked it was full retail.

MakimotoJin
09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Textures will be and thats my point when comparing it to the Ezio trilogy. I don't even know why you are defending it if I'm honest. Peoples explanations, to me, mean jack. No offence to anyone here, I love you all.

Im not saying Rogue is going to be a bad game, but ever since I saw the first gameplay demo and saw that it was Black Flag 1.5 I was shocked it was full retail.

Well,just like AC2,ACB,ACR and AC3,I'll buy Rogue because of the story.I was shocked too when they showed it was the same engine and still 60 dollars,but still,I'm glad they at least made a game,otherwise I would have to buy some other game to not be bored,like this new Call of Duty.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna leave this here again as it seems nobody is paying attention to what we do know and there is far more content to Rogue than just 6 sequences(which btw means nothing because sequence size is extremely inconsistent over the series):

Story Content:

-A "naval campaign" with at least 17 "story missions" (that's like 2-3 sequences worth of story)

-Templar Armor(confirmed to be unlocked with keys in the demo) is confirmed by the demos and achievements. The keys strongly imply that Templar hunt style missions will return.(if so that's 1 sequence worth of story)

So from that it looks like between 8-10 sequences worth of story-related content just for Shay! Not including the 4 MD sequences(confirmed by the OP)
That would bring the total up to 12-14 sequences worth of story content!!!! That's huge!!!!

Side content:

-ice caves and native hills(taking the places of diving I assume or perhaps assassin tombs) confirmed in OP link and demos

-Forts(confirmed in OP)

-supply encampments(confirmed by OP link and most likely replace plantation missions)

-hunting

-harpooning

-fleet minigame returns

-side quests(confirmed by DLC of Sir Gunns quest(most likely about the Templars discovering the new world before Columbus)).and seige of fort Desable. If there is one quest there are most likely more.

That's A LOT of content and a MASSIVE game based on those things that are already confirmed or strongly suggested.

I think people really need to chill and take inventory of everything. Not just see "six sequences" and freak out immediately.

MakimotoJin
09-30-2014, 09:03 PM
I know,but there are many people that don't like the ACIV engine being used again in Rogue too.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 09:12 PM
I know,but there are many people that don't like the ACIV engine being used again in Rogue too.

Well that's a baseless and irrational argument.

AC2,B,and R were all made in the same engine.

The same engine doesn't mean the same game. That makes as much sense as saying a document is inferior because it was made on Google Docs rather than Microsoft Word. It's foolish and stupid. They do the same thing and can make any document they want. Same with a game engine they can make what they want with it. It doesn't make it automatically identical.

You have to judge the game on content not what it was made on. Just as we don't judge the merit of a book on if it was made in word or a typewriter or pen and paper. We judge on content.

And as my last post points out Rogue has A LOT of content!!!! To focus on one aspect as killing the game(I.e. Only six sequences) makes about as much sense as judgeing a person for not having enough bicycles for his family when meanwhile the same garage has 4 Lamborghinis in it.

You have to look at it as a whole not on it's peices or on certain aesthetics.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm gonna leave this here again as it seems nobody is paying attention to what we do know and there is far more content to Rogue than just 6 sequences(which btw means nothing because sequence size is extremely inconsistent over the series):

Story Content:

Side content:

-Forts(confirmed in OP)

-hunting

-harpooning

-fleet minigame returns

Theoretically, yes, that's a lot of content. AC3 had a lot of content too, but much of it was friggin awful.

MakimotoJin
09-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Well that's a baseless and irrational argument.

AC2,B,and R were all made in the same engine.

The same engine doesn't mean the same game. That makes as much sense as saying a document is inferior because it was made on Google Docs rather than Microsoft Word. It's foolish and stupid. They do the same thing and can make any document they want. Same with a game engine they can make what they want with it. It doesn't make it automatically identical.

You have to judge the game on content not what it was made on. Just as we don't judge the merit of a book on if it was made in word or a typewriter or pen and paper. We judge on content.

And as my last post points out Rogue has A LOT of content!!!! To focus on one aspect as killing the game(I.e. Only six sequences) makes about as much sense as judgeing a person for not having enough bicycles for his family when meanwhile the same garage has 4 Lamborghinis in it.

You have to look at it as a whole not on it's peices or on certain aesthetics.

I know,I never said that I don't like Rogue,I just said there are some people that don't.

HiddenKiller612
09-30-2014, 09:23 PM
I know,I never said that I don't like Rogue,I just said there are some people that don't.
Pick any of your favorite games, and you'll find at least 100 people that hate it.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Theoretically, yes, that's a lot of content. AC3 had a lot of content too, but much of it was friggin awful.

This is true but since this game is largely built on the AC4 engine we already know that many of these mechanics work and have already been tested tried and true. Much of the content we see suggested by the achievement list or Demos is reimaginings and repurposing of proven viable content from AC3 and BF. So most of that kind if stuff is already guaranteed to work(one of the benefits of reusing the engine). Add in the extra stuff they are adding on top of that and things look pretty bright for this game.

I feel like people want to hate this game so badly(for some irrational reason), that they are willing to focus on any little negative news and self imposed dislike of the setting/skepticism, yet they ignore all the great news coming out with it. Seriously when the inventory is taken as I did with that post. Even the most conservative estimates based in what may not work/be included the game will still be the largest, and most crammed full of content games of the series.

I don't see why this game is getting so much irrational hate in the face of the evidence coming out. Are facts not a thing anymore? Or do we just go off gut feelings now?

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 09:31 PM

But AC:IV was frigging good. Compare the content to Black Flag, not 3.

I'm defending it because people are giving it more crap than it deserves. And I find some of the criticisms to be hypocritical, truth be told.

You're right, Rogue is a Black Flag 1.5. People need to understand that. Rogue is what Revelations was to Brotherhood. And Revelations was marketed a full-price despite being a much smaller game.

Maybe I should have been around Revelations. The backlash may have been worse for that game.

Kakuzu745
09-30-2014, 10:33 PM
The length of sequences have always been inconsistent and random, at best.

Brotherhood's for example. Some of those last few sequences barely made up 5 minutes each, and could have been one whole sequence together.

Half of Assassin's Creed 3's sequences were a tutorial.

Black Flag had lengthy sequences that were cut in half in the later ones.

True...however, you have to agree that if these game is comparable to other AC games those 6 sequences will have to be really really long compared to the size of sequences in other games.

I mean, most people are buying this game because of the plot and everything while dealing with the fact that we have a lot of reused stuff...and now apparently the story is really short? That would be quite the slap in the face.

Do not get me wrong I preordered the game and I do not plan to cancel my preorder (at least not for now) but I really hope this does not end up like a game that should have been worth USD 40 instead of full price. I really really hope.

HiddenKiller612
09-30-2014, 10:36 PM
I was hoping for a templar cross platinum... Like a full on red cross... but with the look of this list....

Megas_Doux
09-30-2014, 10:49 PM
I

I kinda "know" the reason why some of the most hardcore Rogue advocates such as Mayrice are dissapointed, in case that list ends up being true.

They have been saying ever since the details about Rogue surfaced, that they do acknowledge some of the BIG warning signs such as the MANY recycled assets, including a FREAKING location, or the the lack of promotion. And that is because they were looking for a rewarding story, and six sequences, again, IF TRUE, might not accomplish that.

As for the rest, we kinda saw it coming, this game had the words CASH COW written all over it. However I have to admit that Ubi might have crossed the line this time. I feel Rogue is to Unity what Liberation was to AC III, only more expensive....

Namikaze_17
09-30-2014, 10:55 PM
^ Rogue's Biggest Fan Incoming... :rolleyes:

I can feel it.

But on topic, Six sequences don't bother me as much, as all as they Epic & Memorable that's enough for me... :)

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:03 PM
This is true but since this game is largely built on the AC4 engine we already know that many of these mechanics work and have already been tested tried and true. Much of the content we see suggested by the achievement list or Demos is reimaginings and repurposing of proven viable content from AC3 and BF. So most of that kind if stuff is already guaranteed to work(one of the benefits of reusing the engine). Add in the extra stuff they are adding on top of that and things look pretty bright for this game.

I feel like people want to hate this game so badly(for some irrational reason), that they are willing to focus on any little negative news and self imposed dislike of the setting/skepticism, yet they ignore all the great news coming out with it. Seriously when the inventory is taken as I did with that post. Even the most conservative estimates based in what may not work/be included the game will still be the largest, and most crammed full of content games of the series.

I don't see why this game is getting so much irrational hate in the face of the evidence coming out. Are facts not a thing anymore? Or do we just go off gut feelings now?

Because it looks just like Black Flag. People were critical of AC4 for being too similar to AC3, but this is taking it to a whole new level. There's literally nothing substantial that's new to this game. Air gun? Glorified blowpipe. Naval weapons? Puckle gun is just a free-aim swivel, caronades are chain shot, and the burning oil is an OP fire barrel. Reverse boardings? Erm... okay, isn't the gameplay essentially the exact same as a forward boarding? It's all just reskinned AC4 stuff. Yeah, AC4 was fantastic, but I already own it. I don't want to buy it again on a weaker platform.

Outside of the gameplay, the only things left to look forward too are the setting and story. North Atlantic looks cool, but I couldn't be less excited for more NY and frontier. The story might have some cool fan service, but given that it's a prequel, we already know how it all ends except Shay's story in particular, which already feels like it's being shoehorned into the existing lore. Not to mention that Shay has done nothing to endear himself to me yet (apart from being Irish); he's just stood there in Haytham's shadow looking broody and generic.

So, for me at least, that's a "meh" for the story and setting, and a big "hell no" to the recycled gameplay. Hardly enough to convince me to drop $120 in one day for AC games this fall.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:06 PM

And are mostly open water.

SixKeys
09-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Not to mention that Shay has done nothing to endear himself to me yet (apart from being Irish); he's just stood there in Haytham's shadow looking broody and generic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Shadow_rivals.png

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:15 PM
lel 'Rogue advocate'

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Um, what?

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 11:16 PM

False. There is supposed to be more landmass in River Valley than all of the explorable land in AC4 combined. It's a River Valley(and given the area/history of Rogues setting most likely the Ohio River which is landlocked). I guarentee that map is at least 50% land.

Megas_Doux
09-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Um, what?

It was to me, I called her a "hardcore Rogue advocate".

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:17 PM
To be honest even though AC Rogue is huge, there doesn't seem much to do in it.

Sure there's caves and native hills. But it just sounds like more parkour areas and forts.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:22 PM
It was to me, I called her a "hardcore Rogue advocate".

My post was asking SixKeys WTF she posted in response to me, I didn't get it :p Mayrice ninja'd me. Guess that'll teach me not to use the quote function.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:23 PM
shuda chekt yoself b4 u rekt yoself

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 11:24 PM
True...however, you have to agree that if these game is comparable to other AC games those 6 sequences will have to be really really long compared to the size of sequences in other games.

I mean, most people are buying this game because of the plot and everything while dealing with the fact that we have a lot of reused stuff...and now apparently the story is really short? That would be quite the slap in the face.

It depends on the games you're comparing. If you compare Brotherhood's, Revelations', or Liberation's length to AC:2, 3 or IV, they might as well have been 6 sequences. Actually, they practically are, except the last few sequences were separated and filled with fillers to make it appear lengthier than they actually were.

Most people here are accustomed to the ''slap in the face''. In fact, let's be real, some of their favorite games are what Rogue is. :p

Do not get me wrong I preordered the game and I do not plan to cancel my preorder (at least not for now) but I really hope this does not end up like a game that should have been worth USD 40 instead of full price. I really really hope.

Oh no, I get that. This game should have been charged at $40, not $60. Just like Brotherhood and Revelations.

Place all the land masses together and it's still bigger. That said, the open water is still sprawling with content. I mean, let's not even compare Rome's countryside to the open seas.

Megas_Doux
09-30-2014, 11:24 PM
My post was asking SixKeys WTF she posted in response to me, I didn't get it :p Mayrice ninja'd me. Guess that'll teach me not to use the quote function.

Oh well, you called Shay a clone, and Sikkeys posted that thing that heavily resembles Sonic. I dont know his name by the way hehe.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Tbh the only side missions I really liked in AC were the ones with cutscenes (that acted like side stories) and the diving bells.

Forts and auto-parkour bore the hell outta me.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:26 PM
False. There is supposed to be more landmass in River Valley than all of the explorable land in AC4 combined. It's a River Valley(and given the area/history of Rogues setting most likely the Ohio River which is landlocked). I guarentee that map is at least 50% land.

And I flatly refuse to believe that. If that makes me mule-headed, then I'm sorry, but I simply cannot believe that Rogue is that much larger than Black Flag, while simultaneously reusing so freaking many of its assets. If it is, and they've opted to just make colossal maps instead of fixing actual important things like combat, then they have their priorities WAY out of whack and that doesn't bode well for the game either.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Ah, that's a lie actually.

I liked those exotic side missions (as linear as they were, they were at least different)

Connor climbing out of a collapsing temple/ship was fun.

Also liked exotic missions in revelations,

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:29 PM
That said, the open water is still sprawling with content. I mean, let's not even compare Rome's countryside to the open seas.

Uh, why not? Aside from random enemies to attack and kill (which I already got more than my fill of in AC4, and technically even Rome's countryside had that) the sea is empty space. Don't even bring up sandbars/icebergs, that's just filler.

DumbGamerTag94
09-30-2014, 11:31 PM
I still have faith in rogue. I think it has potential. And everything I have seen so far shows me it will be at it's worst an alright game. At it's best an amazing game that could outdo it's last gen collegues in the series.

Just let the game happen. Any reused assets is due to having a lower budget than normal due to Unity, and lack of advertising is due to Unity being such a massive investment for Ubi that they don't want to hurt it by competing with itself. Thus why we also see no PC, Xb1 or PS4 version.

I will have a nice healthy laugh of Unity flops AC3 style and all these Rogue haters are spouting things like "I'm done with AC" "What happened to AC?". It's more likely Rogue is far better reviewed simply because it hasn't been hyped and people are literally ****tig all over it before it even gets out of the gates. Meanwhile Unity has some very big shoes to fill.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Unity doesn't have high expectations.

It hasn't been nearly as hyped as Watch_Dogs or Destiny.

It'll be fine. Though still see it getting no higher than a solid 8.

8.7 at best.

Rogue will prolly get a 7.

Maybe even 6.8 I dare say.

Fatal-Feit
09-30-2014, 11:36 PM
Uh, why not? Aside from random enemies to attack and kill (which I already got more than my fill of in AC4, and technically even Rome's countryside had that) the sea is empty space. Don't even bring up sandbars/icebergs, that's just filler.

Okay, I'll take out islands and fishermen villages to make it more fair, even though they should be included.

The open seas has a variety of ships belonging to other factions, pirate hunters, legendary ships, naval convoys, harpooning, random loot, stranded privateers, dynamic weathers, and social events.

Megas_Doux
09-30-2014, 11:39 PM
The key here is maintaining the exciment as low as possible. Even though I ´m looking for Unity, thanks to freaking PARIS. But I know the possibilty of another let down is still there, so THOU SHALT NOT HYPE!!!!!!

And wow! Mayrice really jumped off the bandwagon......

Xstantin
09-30-2014, 11:39 PM
I will have a nice healthy laugh of Unity flops AC3 style and all these Rogue haters are spouting things like "I'm done with AC" "What happened to AC?". It's more likely Rogue is far better reviewed simply because it hasn't been hyped and people are literally ****tig all over it before it even gets out of the gates. Meanwhile Unity has some very big shoes to fill.

Even if Unity gets worse reviews I'd still regard it the same way as I did with ACIII - I know that Blag Flag was a better game if you follow the checkmarks with better design and structure... Still, ACIII left a bigger impression imo. For now what makes Rogue special seems to be the return of older characters although Shay is supposed to be a selling point :nonchalance:.

JustPlainQuirky
09-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Ok I will say one thing I do LOVE about rogue.

And that's the new and improved stalker mechanic.

That + naval + templars + Haytham is what makes me happy.

What would make the game perfect for me:
-Ability to sail a Man o' War
-Ability to fight online with a fleet made up of me and 5 of my pals
-A PoE that grants you the ability to control weather so you can summon waves and hurricanes to crush your enemies. Or whirlpools too
-Good music
-Modern Day akin to Brotherhood
-homestead-esque missions
-actual new gameplay mechanics on land. the air rifle is a glorified blowdart
-deep narrative
-ability to kill those demon children

LoyalACFan
10-01-2014, 12:15 AM
The open seas has a variety of ships belonging to other factions, pirate hunters, legendary ships, naval convoys,

These are all the exact same gameplay loop with varying levels of difficulty.

random loot, stranded privateers

You mean the meaningless collectibles that are more throwaway than the coins in Mario?

social events.

Which are universally hated by everyone.

The one thing I'll give you is harpooning, but again, I've already gotten my fill of it in AC4. Stabbing a narwhal is not inherently more exciting than stabbing a bull shark.

Fatal-Feit
10-01-2014, 12:41 AM
These are all the exact same gameplay loop with varying levels of difficulty.

So? That's still good content.

You mean the meaningless collectibles that are more throwaway than the coins in Mario?

The privateers, sure, but not the loots.

Which are universally hated by everyone.

True. ...It was broken for 3-6 months, IIRC.

The one thing I'll give you is harpooning, but again, I've already gotten my fill of it in AC4. Stabbing a narwhal is not inherently more exciting than stabbing a bull shark.

Speaking of which, I forgot to add some activities. Dunno if they have a name.

- Forts
- Other factions in naval warfare.
- Done in ships, ready for looting before sinking.
- Underwater exploration (AC:IV only)
- Slave ships

-------------------

Whether or not you enjoyed them, they are still a lot of content. And it proves that the oceans aren't empty. Especially if you add islands, plantations, villages, forts, and other landmasses that are tied with the ocean.

SixKeys
10-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Unity doesn't have high expectations.

It hasn't been nearly as hyped as Watch_Dogs or Destiny.

It'll be fine. Though still see it getting no higher than a solid 8.

8.7 at best.

Rogue will prolly get a 7.

Maybe even 6.8 I dare say.

AC3 got 9s and 9.5s from many top gaming review sites. If that.....I-won't-say-what got a near perfect score, I can't possibly see Unity getting an 8. We can debate about whether or not it deserves a high score after the game comes out, of course, but judging by everything we've seen, if the major gaming sites give ACU a lower score than AC3, there is something seriously wrong with the world.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-01-2014, 01:08 AM
you guys need to remember that black flag is about 6 sequences but stretched out to make 12 sequences

DumbGamerTag94
10-01-2014, 01:53 AM
you guys need to remember that black flag is about 6 sequences but stretched out to make 12 sequences

Thank you!!!! And don't even get me started on Brotherhood or Revelations.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Thank you!!!! And don't even get me started on Brotherhood or Revelations.

its stupid that the made sequences with 3 missions and one with two...TWO!

STDlyMcStudpants
10-01-2014, 06:48 AM
legendary ships are back! oh SH** i had to cheat to beat them last time hahah
And a separate naval campaign?
Also wondering if the cheats are mandatory for the trophies to unlock...
If so my reviewer sense are tingling... forced grinding (completing abstergo challenges).. can only mean one thing :O Short game with little substance

Farlander1991
10-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Btw, you know what other AC game has got six sequences? AC1. :p Well, that, plus the boss battle special memory.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2014, 08:03 AM
AC3 got 9s and 9.5s from many top gaming review sites. If that.....I-won't-say-what got a near perfect score, I can't possibly see Unity getting an 8. We can debate about whether or not it deserves a high score after the game comes out, of course, but judging by everything we've seen, if the major gaming sites give ACU a lower score than AC3, there is something seriously wrong with the world.

AC3 is one of those games that is simultaneously amazing and terrible depending on who you ask. I've seriously never seen a game so polarizing. Tons of people love the game and think it's the best one in the franchise, some (me) are sort of ambivalent about it, and others actively hate it with a passion. Yeah it got some 9's, but it got some 6's and 7's too. I'm predicting Unity, as a more traditional AC game, will probably get more closely distributed scores. It probably won't score much higher or lower than 8.5. At least, it won't at IGN, because apparently those guys & gals have a raging ****** for the 8 range.

JustPlainQuirky
10-01-2014, 01:16 PM

I was referring to review sites like IGN

pacmanate
10-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Remember GTA4?

That game got high reviews too on release.

Then a month after, lots of sites were saying it wasn't actually as good as they thought.

Hans684
10-01-2014, 05:31 PM
I hope the glitches memories focus on the Assassins, actually adding more gray erea.

JustPlainQuirky
10-01-2014, 05:37 PM
^Thats a GREAT idea, actually.

Hans684
10-01-2014, 05:39 PM
^Thats a GREAT idea, actually.

But unlikely to happen, since there is no "gray erea" and Assassins is "good guys":rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
10-01-2014, 05:41 PM
nah.

Ubi has been doing a damn good job recently at giving templars heart.

Hans684
10-01-2014, 05:43 PM
nah.

Ubi has been doing a damn good job recently at giving templars heart.

Agree but most people don't.

JustPlainQuirky
10-01-2014, 05:43 PM
most people are dumb :p

Hans684
10-01-2014, 05:44 PM
most people are dumb :p

Indeed :p

SixKeys
10-01-2014, 08:08 PM
AC3 is one of those games that is simultaneously amazing and terrible depending on who you ask. I've seriously never seen a game so polarizing. Tons of people love the game and think it's the best one in the franchise, some (me) are sort of ambivalent about it, and others actively hate it with a passion. Yeah it got some 9's, but it got some 6's and 7's too. I'm predicting Unity, as a more traditional AC game, will probably get more closely distributed scores. It probably won't score much higher or lower than 8.5. At least, it won't at IGN, because apparently those guys & gals have a raging ****** for the 8 range.

Personally I think the game review system is borked ATM. We need game journalism to get to a point where reviewers aren't so dependent on the goodwill of the studios whose games they are reviewing. If review sites are to be believed, almost every single (AAA) game that comes out is a masterpiece or at least great. Can you imagine if movies were rated with similar generosity? There would be no distinction whatsoever between true classics like Casablanca and decent-but-not-perfect recent movies like Guardians of the Galaxy. "Both are good, so 10/10!" No, that's not how it works. You need to set aside a score for the absolute cream of the crop, the must-haves, and then rate others on a sliding scale. Most people who have played them agree that games like RDR, TLoU and Journey are masterpieces, so that's a 10/10. AC3's average review site score (not talking about user scores, just professionals) is only one or two grades below that, and apart from die-hard fans, most players considered it a disappointment. How the hell can you have "instant classic" and "a resounding meh" right next to each other? We don't grade school papers that way, either!

7 is still "good", but most gaming sites are afraid to grade any triple A game with a 7 because for some reason people have got it in their heads that it means the game is ****. If we were being completely sincere, if 10 is "instant classic", I would grade AC3 maybe a 4. AC1, my favorite, I would rate maybe a 5 or 6. But in discussions with other gamers, if I used that kind of scale, people would think AC was absolute tripe.

The current system doesn't allow for any "decent" game to go below a 7, so what are the rest of the numbers even for? A 5-star rating system like movies might be more useful and accurate.

pacmanate
10-02-2014, 05:09 AM
I should review the games

JustPlainQuirky
10-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Review ACIV first.

pacmanate
10-02-2014, 05:14 AM
why?

JustPlainQuirky
10-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Its the only one I don't know ur opinion on

aside from the modern day

pacmanate
10-02-2014, 05:24 AM
AC4 would get a solid 8 from me.

Naval was a nice addition, nothing to do with assassins though,
Story was interesting as you werent either templar or assassin, nice to see those orders from an outside perspective.
Templar side quests were like a story in a story.
Crafting was a nice addition.

Story also disjointed, "You bested me once" to that bulky guy in armour made no sense as he never bested Edward.
Collectibles were a joke, no point in having a million chests and fragments around the carribean,
Assassination contracts had no narrative impact.

Fatal-Feit
10-02-2014, 05:45 AM

That depends on what you mean. Ships were a huge part of the Assassins' and Templars' war and navigation during the 18th century. Actually, they were important in the past, as well. Ezio would have been nothing without them.

Yes they did.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-02-2014, 05:49 AM
AC4 would get a solid 8 from me.

Story was interesting as you werent either templar or assassin, nice to see those orders from an outside perspective.
Templar side quests were like a story in a story.
Crafting was a nice addition.

Story also disjointed, "You bested me once" to that bulky guy in armour made no sense as he never bested Edward.
Collectibles were a joke, no point in having a million chests and fragments around the carribean,
Darby said this . Originally, Edward and El Tiburón were planned to have a confrontation at the end of Sequence 2, which would end with Edward losing the battle. For gameplay reasons, the fight was cut during development, though Edward's final lines to El Tiburón still refer to it.However, this confrontation did appear in the novel adaptation

Ureh
10-02-2014, 06:11 AM
I thought the "You bested me once" line made some sense because a guy in heavy armour managed to sneak up on Edward and incapacitate him with a single punch (can you imagine someone in loud, heavy armour successfully sneaking up on someone as alert as Edward? Then taking him out in one punch?!). But it would've been a lot more appropriate if there was an actual sword fight or Edward tried to put up a fist fight and failed instantly.

SixKeys
10-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Yes they did.

How? You were able to do the contracts before Edward even met the assassins. In that sense they were just random contracts Edwards happened to find in a pigeon coop and that he did without having the slightest clue why these people should be killed.

I thought the "You bested me once" line made some sense because a guy in heavy armour managed to sneak up on Edward and incapacitate him with a single punch (can you imagine someone in loud, heavy armour successfully sneaking up on someone as alert as Edward? Then taking him out in one punch?!). But it would've been a lot more appropriate if there was an actual sword fight or Edward tried to put up a fist fight and failed instantly.

It was more confusing because Edward said "you turned me from a boy into a man" or something like that, which makes no sense without the deleted fight. How does one guy punching Edward turn his entire life around? Edward got into tavern fights all the time when drunk (at least, MY Edward did ;) ). The line only makes sense if you consider that Edward was thoroughly humiliated after not being able to beat El Tiburon despite giving it his best shot. He had to admit defeat, roam around the world for a bit, train himself to be better, and then return as a new man.

Fatal-Feit
10-02-2014, 06:29 AM
It was more confusing because Edward said "you turned me from a boy into a man" or something like that, which makes no sense without the deleted fight. How does one guy punching Edward turn his entire life around? Edward got into tavern fights all the time when drunk (at least, MY Edward did ;) ). The line only makes sense if you consider that Edward was thoroughly humiliated after not being able to beat El Tiburon despite giving it his best shot. He had to admit defeat, roam around the world for a bit, train himself to be better, and then return as a new man.

It makes sense if you think about it.

''You humbled me once and I took that hard lesson and I bettered myself. Die knowing that for all our conflict, you helped make a soldier out of a scoundrel''

El Tiburon, along with Julius Du Casse and Torres got the best of him during sequence 3. They didn't kill Edward but spared him and sent him off. El Tiburon, being the guy who snuck up and battered Edward, should deserve his share of credits. :p Most of it implies to him being one of the Templars who Edward now stand against to fight for a better cause.

SixKeys
10-02-2014, 06:37 AM
It makes sense if you think about it.

''You humbled me once and I took that hard lesson and I bettered myself. Die knowing that for all our conflict, you helped make a soldier out of a scoundrel''

El Tiburon, along with Julius Du Casse and Torres got the best of him during sequence 3. They didn't kill Edward but spared him and sent him off. El Tiburon, being the guy who snuck up and battered Edward, should deserve his share of credits. :p Most of it implies to him being one of the Templars who Edward now stand against to fight for a better cause.

That's what we're supposed to take away from it obviously, but why doesn't Edward say that to any drunk person who bests him in a bar fight then?

Fatal-Feit
10-02-2014, 06:41 AM
That's what we're supposed to take away from it obviously, but why doesn't Edward say that to any drunk person who bests him in a bar fight then?

Is that a real question?

Maybe because both Edward and the drunk men at the bars had no real purpose for their quarrel other than trying to step over each others' toes? Non of them have given Edward a relevation or anything of the sort.

How? You were able to do the contracts before Edward even met the assassins. In that sense they were just random contracts Edwards happened to find in a pigeon coop and that he did without having the slightest clue why these people should be killed.

Edward, throughout most of AC:IV, is in search of riches. Every contract is a step closer to his goal, even before he met and joined the Assassins. Prior to his redemption quests, he implies that he have reached his dreams in Tulum.

So yeah, they had a narrative impact. Just as much as Ezio's means of defeating the Borgia's influence in Rome. Or helping the Medici family for whatever reason.

SixKeys
10-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Is that a real question?

Maybe because both Edward and the drunk men at the bars had no real purpose for their quarrel other than trying to step over each others' toes? Non of them have given Edward a relevation or anything of the sort.

Edward and El Tiburon's fight had no real purpose either at that point considering Edward didn't know or care about the assassins. All he was after was coin, so robbing from Torres and his companions was just petty thieving. El Tiburon was basically like any other random security guard/bouncer who caught Edward off-guard and punched him for theft. How is that in any sense a major revelation? It only makes sense if we consider Edward thought himself the best fighter around and was then humiliated by this one guy he absolutely couldn't beat no matter what.

Edward, throughout most of AC:IV, is in search of riches. Every contract is a step closer to his goal, even before he met and joined the Assassins. Prior to his redemption quests, he implies that he have reached his dreams in Tulum.

So yeah, they had a narrative impact. Just as much as Ezio's means of defeating the Borgia's influence in Rome. Or helping the Medici family for whatever reason.

The Medici contracts had no narrative impact either. The scenes with Lorenzo did, but not his continued affiliation with Ezio through random hitman contracts. The side quests in Rome were all connected to the overall narrative though. They all had the common thread that we were informed of right from the start: do these quests and you will chip away at Borgia influence. What was the comparable connection to the Medici contracts? Do these quests and.....get money, I guess?

Edward's contracts don't start making narrative sense until after he learns about the assassins and gets the info about pidgeon coops. Otherwise you're left with this stupid image of Edward wandering around Havana, randomly sticking his hand in filthy pidgeon coops for no reason and going: "....Huh. Says here this person needs to die. I wonder why? Oh well, works for me."

Fatal-Feit
10-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Edward and El Tiburon's fight had no real purpose either at that point considering Edward didn't know or care about the assassins. All he was after was coin, so robbing from Torres and his companions was just petty thieving. El Tiburon was basically like any other random security guard/bouncer who caught Edward off-guard and punched him for theft. How is that in any sense a major revelation? It only makes sense if we consider Edward thought himself the best fighter around and was then humiliated by this one guy he absolutely couldn't beat no matter what.

Whether or not Edward was after gold at the time is actually irrelevant. It was the end results that mattered because it was in the end, Edward bettered himself from El Tiburon's actions.

I think the issue here is that we're interpreting it differently.

''You humbled me once (El Tiburon and the Templars didn't kill Edward but spared him and sent him off because he's just a nameless rogue who's after money) and I took that hard lesson and I bettered myself. (implicating that ending that part of his life is part of his motivation for redemption in the near end) Die knowing that for all our conflict, you helped make a soldier out of a scoundrel (I don't think this part was confusing for neither of us)''

The Medici contracts had no narrative impact either. The scenes with Lorenzo did, but not his continued affiliation with Ezio through random hitman contracts. The side quests in Rome were all connected to the overall narrative though. They all had the common thread that we were informed of right from the start: do these quests and you will chip away at Borgia influence. What was the comparable connection to the Medici contracts? Do these quests and.....get money, I guess?

Edward's contracts don't start making narrative sense until after he learns about the assassins and gets the info about pidgeon coops. Otherwise you're left with this stupid image of Edward wandering around Havana, randomly sticking his hand in filthy pidgeon coops for no reason and going: "....Huh. Says here this person needs to die. I wonder why? Oh well, works for me."

Narratively, Edward actually started using pigeon coops after James Kidd introduced it to him. The reason why it's open in the early sequences are to keep players from being restricted. It's just like how Edward could hunt animals and tear them apart with the invisible hidden blade in the first sequence even though he doesn't have any, nor did he actually stayed to hunt animals during his chase with Duncan.

Anyway, assassination contracts still works both ways for Edward's main narrative. Prior to his redemption quests, he was only after gold. Gold in which most of the activities, including assassination contracts, helped Edward reached his goal for riches (which he did full-fill, as I said). After that, it's easy to assume that he did the assassination contracts to both help and redeem himself for the Assassins during his hunt for the Templars.

Ureh
10-02-2014, 04:44 PM

I haven't read Forsaken so I'm not sure if there's something in there that'll cancel out what I'll say. I think it has to do with the context of each "fight". Edward is sometimes drunk while he's in a bar fight, which are usually instigated by trivial reasons like fighting over women, disrespectful shoves, and having beer spilled onto him, etc. When he's in a bar fight, he can see the punches coming and he knows they're coming. So even if he loses, he's ready for it.

I'm not sure if Edward considers himself the best fighter in Caribbean but he did give me the impression that he thinks he's craftier than anyone else. I think he thinks that he can outsmart anyone. He might not know who the Templars and Assassins were, but he did kill at least a dozen Assassins when they were moving the Sage into Torres' prison. He knew he was participating in a dangerous game between two powerful factions, and that he was going to steal something (and someone) that both of them coveted greatly. Edward is so confident in his plans and abilities that he pickpocketed the three Templar leaders in broad daylight, behind El Tiburon's back and he practically broadcasted his plans to kidnap the Sage right outside Torres' manor while two of his guards were within earshot. So there's Edward, his master plan all laid out, thinking he can just strut in there and outwit everyone. He goes in and sneaks up behind a handful of oblivious guards and knocks them out. Then at the last moment, his plan fails when a fellow that shouldn't have been able to get the drop on him, does.

DumbGamerTag94
10-03-2014, 12:39 AM
I was just thinking. What if the glitched memories are not Shay's but Haytham's????? Occasional Haytham memories that are unlocked throughout the game that cover the major points of Forsaken????? I mean it's possible right????

It would also help explain why there's only 6 sequences. If there's 5-7 Haytham missions that makes up a 7th!
And there's also the "story missions" of the "naval campaign" of 17 missions.(that's like 2-3 sequences there too)

Just a thought?! Anyone else think this might be it???

pacmanate
10-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Maybe, but it would kinda of seem irrelevant to Rogue.

If they were in AC3 it would make more sense.

MakimotoJin
10-03-2014, 02:29 AM
So how does one leak the achievements/trophies of a game?I thought Ubisoft simply released the list.Also,I really hope they release some screenshots about some outfits or mission cutscenes.