PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys like a First Person mode whilst doing Parkour?

pacmanate
09-29-2014, 05:50 PM
This wouldn't work for combat, but for parkour I think it could be pretty sweet. It would mean you would have to remember whats above and below you so in that respect it would make it more realistic as you don't have a massive FoV?

Thoughts?

EDIT - I'm talking about a toggle, not a permanent FP thing.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Might make it very confusing for people.. and some may suffer vertigo..

But who knows.

Hans684
09-29-2014, 05:59 PM
This wouldn't work for combat, but for parkour I think it could be pretty sweet. It would mean you would have to remember whats above and below you so in that respect it would make it more realistic as you don't have a massive FoV?

Thoughts?

Dishonored.

pacmanate
09-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Dishonored.

Thats exactly what I mean, sword combat is very simplistic in 1st person and it doesn't look great in my opinion, not to mention that I like my AC in 3rd person. I was just reminded of the TASM 1 trailer where its first person and it look cool.

@Shade - People who suffer vertigo can just turn it off :D

Hans684
09-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Thats exactly what I mean, sword combat is very simplistic in 1st person and it doesn't look great in my opinion, not to mention that I like my AC in 3rd person. I was just reminded of the TASM 1 trailer where its first person and it look cool.

Thief or have Amancio deal with that.

bitebug2003
09-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Absolutely not!

I didn't like The Lost Archive and Mirror's Edge for this reason

rrebe
09-29-2014, 06:18 PM
I guess it would make a nice game mode or side mission or something. Mirror's Edge was a great 1st person game with parkour and some combat.

EDIT:
Oh yea, The Lost Archive. I liked it, but I admit at first it felt a bit awkward.

pacmanate
09-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Absolutely not!

I didn't like The Lost Archive and Mirror's Edge for this reason

Its an option, as a toggle

bitebug2003
09-29-2014, 06:25 PM

If it's an option - then I'm ok with it

pacmanate
09-29-2014, 06:31 PM
I do agree with you, I wouldn't play the whole game parkouring first person either. But I would like now and again just to have the option and run around for 10 minutes.

dandins
09-29-2014, 06:31 PM
no.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-29-2014, 06:34 PM
No, i wouldn't like it, but maybe other people would. If it was optional I wouldn't mind.

Kaschra
09-29-2014, 06:45 PM
No, thanks.

Fatal-Feit
09-29-2014, 06:50 PM
No thanks.

Only in modern day, for me. I wouldn't mind some scripted segments with first-person parkour.

D.I.D.
09-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes, purely for the possibilities of Oculus Rift.

Judging jumps could be really confusing given the superhuman leaps, but maybe we could have a jump button that showed a range via a coloured filter when held down, and then performed the jump when released.

GunnerGalactico
09-29-2014, 07:09 PM

That is fine with me.

sem1rek
09-29-2014, 07:55 PM
If it's optional - yes. Otherwise definitely not! I really don't like first person games.

poptartz20
09-29-2014, 08:10 PM
I personally don't care for games in first person. Modern day is fine but not everything.

But a toggle like option would be fine! (like skyrim. . More games should think of doing something like this)

Megas_Doux
09-29-2014, 08:17 PM
No!

guardian_titan
09-29-2014, 08:35 PM
If it's optional, sure why not. People can knock themselves out. Required? Hell no. I hate first person. But given that Ubisoft can't seem to give us a toggle for first person in the modern day, I don't see it happening. Seems it would either be all or nothing. An entire AC game in first person would likely drive away a lot of players.

First person for parkour might be a bit too gimmicky. Who'd really use it beyond one or two times before just reverting to third person? Bouncing back and forth between POVs for one thing would probably cause motion sickness for people so it's likely not worth the effort.

Hans684
09-29-2014, 08:39 PM
It got it's own potential, why not? We havn't tried it before so we can't say anything concrete.

dxsxhxcx
09-29-2014, 09:06 PM
I think it would be a cool addition (only if it was optional of course)

HiddenKiller612
09-29-2014, 09:07 PM
as an option sure, but I wouldn't want it if it replaced third person.

Alphacos007
09-29-2014, 09:39 PM
It would be pretty cool to play around, but terrible if it was for the whole game. I'd support it as an optional feature, like in Fallout whgere you can change between first and third person.

Shahkulu101
09-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Yeah it could be cool, It worked great in Mirror's Edge and Dying Light looks like it has an awesome first person parkour system. I can't see myself use it in missions, just to goof around - it would be nice to see the cities from a more intimate perspective.

Locopells
09-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Option only.

HDinHB
09-30-2014, 07:08 AM
Skyrim had a toggle between first and 3rd person. I remember the devs saying they were surprised how many people chose 3rd person. I pretty much only used 1st person for aiming the bow, but for that it was great. I find 3rd person gives me more connection to the character for some reason.

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Mirrorís Edge did that. It was beautiful, but I think it fit Mirrorís Edge because of the way the atmosphere and gameplay is. Itís very linear compared to AC and the lack of details in architecture (in an artistic way) sort of made the whole focus on parkour without any distractions. I donít know if it would work for AC. But Iíll be ok with it as long as itís optional, as you said.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Hmm... first person AC parkour?

Would remind me of Mirror's Edge, but I'm open to the idea.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:20 PM
I find 3rd person gives me more connection to the character for some reason.

Me too, but I don't think it's a mystery why. Third person actually lets you see the character, how they move and react to the world, and get a sense of who they are as a character. Whereas in first person you'll often just feel like a pair of floating hands.

Anyway, no, I wouldn't want this. Mostly because fast-paced action in first-person view tends to give me a headache. I don't play shooters for this reason.

pacmanate
09-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Anyway, no, I wouldn't want this. Mostly because fast-paced action in first-person view tends to give me a headache. I don't play shooters for this reason.

My master plan :P

LoyalACFan
09-30-2014, 11:35 PM
My master plan :P

The truth comes out...

NY Times headline tomorrow; "Assassin's Creed Forum Member Unveils Diabolical Scheme to Give Another User a Mild Migraine"

AdamPearce
10-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Just like the FIrst Person in Metal Gear Solid but for parkour... I don't think they have time for that. I mean, it would take too much resources, and in the end it's pretty pointless.

GoldenBoy9999
10-01-2014, 02:00 AM
I was thinking that if it was an option it could be good but I don't really want them wasting time or resources on this. I'd just play in 3rd person so I don't really want it.

HDinHB
10-01-2014, 04:54 AM
Me too, but I don't think it's a mystery why. Third person actually lets you see the character, how they move and react to the world, and get a sense of who they are as a character. Whereas in first person you'll often just feel like a pair of floating hands.

It probably is that simple. I felt some connection to whatshisface in Far Cry 3 because the cut scenes were 3rd person. Whatshisname in Dishonored could have just been a robot most of the time. And modern day in AC4, I was just a $99 refurbished tablet.

The truth comes out...

NY Times headline tomorrow; "Assassin's Creed Forum Member Unveils Diabolical Scheme to Give Another User a Mild Migraine"

And some members achieve this just by posting... :rolleyes: