PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance & Patch Note Uplay PC 4.8 - 09/30/2014

UbiJustin
09-29-2014, 05:04 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/8df33e0a1d54c6bccdb77f0d590b140c.png

A Uplay PC maintenance will take place tomorrow September 30th, 2014 at 08:00AM UTC (what time that is for you (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)). It will last at least 1 hour.
During this time, you may lose connection to Uplay PC services (party & chat conversations,friends and statistics) for a few seconds.

Tomorrow, we will also release version 4.8 of Uplay PC. The following changes will be applied:

New features:

Automatic login from Steam
Link your Steam account to Uplay in order to seamlessly start your games from Steam.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/fc14ce8a26dc94fb5f587780f99000bf.jpg

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/932ae9e6f5d7af006464ace13b32ca3e.jpg

VoIP
- Talk with your teammates while in a party to conquer the game.
- Support for one to one conversations directly in the client.
- Push 2 Talk functionality.

Improvements:

EA Origin support
- You can now start your EA games from Uplay much faster and more smoothly.

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue when using "Go offline", "Go online" or "Change user" that would close the Uplay client if you are using Windows XP.
- Fixed an issue when unlocking a Uplay Reward on PS4 or Xbox One that would close the Uplay PC client.
- Fixed an issue with the maximum length of the chat message.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to start a private online session in Trials Evolution.
- Fixed an issue with the option "Delete all game installers" on a newly created account that would cause the Uplay PC client to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue with title length for Twitch for our Twitch feature.
- Fixed the possibility to change several options that normally would be unavailable during broadcast for our Twitch feature.

Alphacos007
09-29-2014, 08:54 PM
"Automatic login from Steam
Link your Steam account to Uplay in order to seamlessly start your games from Steam."

Great update! Now the only thing missing is a "Minimize to Tray" option.

naumaan
09-30-2014, 03:04 AM
that seems cool

it will be from 1 pm to 2 pm or may be 3 pm .. thanks for info

khaynn2112
10-02-2014, 01:44 AM
My Uplay is still in 4.7.1 , dated on September 9th for the last update.

naumaan
10-02-2014, 05:03 AM
My Uplay is still in 4.7.1 , dated on September 9th for the last update.

same here

naumaan
10-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Finally uplay client is updated ... the date was 2 october and not 30th september ..

YazX_
10-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Finally uplay client is updated ... the date was 2 october and not 30th september ..

it was delayed, quoted from UPlay board:

Hello,

We have postponed the deployment of Uplay 4.8. The reason for this is: With the current build Win XP users may encounter a crash when patching to Uplay PC 4.8 from an earlier version. The client cannot patch at all for affected users and they will be stuck on an earlier version of Uplay PC.

Fixing this issue is our current priority and we will deploy Uplay 4.8 once this issue is resolved rather than leave some of our customers without access to their games in the interim.

Kind regards,

Guys auto login from steam works like this (unlike what some was expecting) :

Hello D3ADSHOT_101,

I just tested the system myself to be sure, this is what I experienced:

1 - I logged out of Uplay by using the "change user" option and then closed the Uplay launcher
2 - I loaded up steam and launched a Uplay game I own on there
3 - Uplay loaded up to the login screen asking me to enter my login details, on this same screen there was a check box that asked if I wanted Uplay to automatically use my login details when loading a game from steam.
4 - I entered my login details and ticked that box
5 - Uplay logged in and my game started.
6 - I closed my game then closed Uplay.

To check that it worked, I then tried loading up Uplay without using steam and Uplay did not remember that I was logged in (this is as expected). I then closed the launcher and tried running my game through Steam; Uplay loaded up, remembered my account and connected me to my game (this is as expected).

Basically, this means that any time you start your game from Steam, Uplay should automatically log you in and you won't need to remember your Uplay login details, the same way it was possible already to log in to the Uplay website using Facebook or PSN details.

If you ever want to unlink your Steam account from your Uplay account, you can do that through the Uplay website. Just log in and go to your account details page and you'll see buttons at the bottom of the page to unlink any Facebook, Steam, PSN or XBOX LIVE accounts that are linked to your Uplay account.

so the difference is you can save your UPlay user/password if game loaded up from steam but unnecessarily saved on UPlay when launching it without steam, this is useful if there are multi users using UPlay on the same PC, so you dont have to keep entering user/pass on UPlay when launching game from steam, but for single user, it doesnt make any difference since you have "Remember Me" option checked on login screen, so it will auto login whenever you fired it up with or without steam.

playlisting
10-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Now the only thing missing is a "Minimize to Tray" option.

Yeah - they're working on that just now as well as allowing us to change our username. Hopefully Uplay keeps improving.

naumaan
10-07-2014, 07:36 AM
the uplay call feature is interesting .. can we attend a call or call someone during the game play .. ?