PDA

View Full Version : Keybinding issues from Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3

Stealthgyro
09-27-2014, 10:07 PM
I've never been a WASD fan, that being said I change my controls for every first person shooter I play. I've officially been burned twice in this case with Far Cry... I'm about about to try some mods on 3 currently, but as it downloads I wanted to bring this up. I would hope Ubi or whomever are listening when the we say the PC community needs good configuration options. Just open up any Total Biscuit video and what's the first thing he does in his reviews is check the settings. I'm a sucker for pre-order bonuses, but I'm holding out on Far Cry 4, until I see solid evidence that my keys can be binded correctly I will not pick up the game (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). Thank you again Far Cry one was amazing! Haven't been able to get through the others due to getting to a point in the game where I couldn't exit a vehicle because my use key was 'W' or whatever. Yes autohotkey can help, razer Synapse can rebind keys, but with the prompts on the screen possible showing something other than the actual intended key can get confusing especially during something like quick time events.

TL;DR Every key/action needs to be re-bindable, no purchase until I know this is a fact.

EDIT:
Btw used the following on Far Cry 3 http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736953-Key-mapping-temp-fix and I feel like I can actually play the game now. Although when an animal attacks you is crouch supposed to be the key to fight back? 'C'? just thought that was strange. And the center map shows on display it's middle mouse, but really it's whatever grenade is. I know this has nothing to do with Far Cry 4, other than the fact I hope I don't have these kind of headaches just to play the game. Thanks!

GiveMeTactical
09-29-2014, 01:30 AM
I've never been a WASD fan, that being said I change my controls for every first person shooter I play. I've officially been burned twice in this case with Far Cry... I'm about about to try some mods on 3 currently, but as it downloads I wanted to bring this up. I would hope Ubi or whomever are listening when the we say the PC community needs good configuration options. Just open up any Total Biscuit video and what's the first thing he does in his reviews is check the settings. I'm a sucker for pre-order bonuses, but I'm holding out on Far Cry 4, until I see solid evidence that my keys can be binded correctly I will not pick up the game (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). Thank you again Far Cry one was amazing! Haven't been able to get through the others due to getting to a point in the game where I couldn't exit a vehicle because my use key was 'W' or whatever. Yes autohotkey can help, razer Synapse can rebind keys, but with the prompts on the screen possible showing something other than the actual intended key can get confusing especially during something like quick time events.

TL;DR Every key/action needs to be re-bindable, no purchase until I know this is a fact.

EDIT:
Btw used the following on Far Cry 3 http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736953-Key-mapping-temp-fix and I feel like I can actually play the game now. Although when an animal attacks you is crouch supposed to be the key to fight back? 'C'? just thought that was strange. And the center map shows on display it's middle mouse, but really it's whatever grenade is. I know this has nothing to do with Far Cry 4, other than the fact I hope I don't have these kind of headaches just to play the game. Thanks!

This is what happens when Greedy Companies decide to port console game into PC as fast as they can to maximize profits, regardless of how many people they burn. Also, this happens because people keep preordering crap before searching so is good that you are not going to buy until you are sure. If half the people did that ubi would have no choice but polish their console port turds a little more.

Flanker1Six
10-06-2014, 04:04 PM
???? I never had any problem remapping the vanilla control keys in FC3. The sole exception being the loot body/pick up weapon functions which were inseparable "use" key functions.