PDA

View Full Version : Clans/Permanent Crews

Savage_Mk-II
09-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Alright, so I'm not sure if I'm just missing something or...

As we know, we can spontaneously "Crew Up" with buddies or randos into 4 man (or woman) "crews" to do story mode, PvP, Crew v Crew, and so on. However, will there be a more permanent system in place parallel to this one? Sort of like a clan thing with a leader and an application or invitation process? Possibly as far as custom avatars, clan tags ( [TaG] ), or anything similar?

After all, it would be really nice to have a pool of players outside of your friends list who you know at least a little and who are bound to you by this common "organization" that you can then invite to a crew and do all of the things mentioned above. Additionally, this system would be great for building up a rep in the PvP world, based on the clan name more than your own personal gamer IDs.

Does this already exist and I'm just not aware of it? And if not, is there a chance it'll become a thing?

- Savage

MaXiiczek
09-24-2014, 07:42 AM
probably all MMO players were expecting this from crews, but as showed up that crews are just like standard parties, i'm not sure if there is anything like what you seek...

on the other hand, guild/clan is just another friend list, a list of people you want to play with, so the question is, is it worth it? isn't it better to use only friend list and choose exact people to play with (you know, some people just don't fit each other even if they are in the same clan)? and if clans were implemented, which way it would be? to be honest, i don't like the old guild systems like in WoW (character bound, one per character), i like Guild Wars 2 system much more (account bound, multiple guilds allowed, only one active at a time)

Ryzza5
09-26-2014, 09:14 AM
From watching the latest trailer it seems that there are a few universal clans that everyone can pick from (i.e. bears, wolves, eagles, snakes, etc).
So just as you have people all over the world on one side with PS vs Xbox, Evo vs WRX, Android vs iPhone, it seems we'll have these clans against each other.

MaXiiczek
09-26-2014, 10:21 AM
i think this was mentioned as factions, but nothing specific is known

Savage_Mk-II
09-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Well, the main reason I seek a clan system instead of just friend lists is for reputation purposes. After the game has been out for a while, certain clans will distinguish themselves compared to others. You get into a race and you see someone with, for the sake of example, a [SGS] clan tag and you're like "oh ****, I've heard of those guys, they're crazy aggressive", or the other way around "whoa, there's two guys in this race from one of the most elite clean racing clans in the game, maybe if I do well I can ask them for an invite", and so on and so forth. This kind of interaction adds yet another layer of interaction to the overall depth of the game.

I don't know much about guilds, but I'm imagining a standard built-in clan system like you'd see in Ghost Recon Phantoms or Combat Arms, or something similar.

MaXiiczek
09-27-2014, 09:45 AM
as said, nothing like that is in The Crew at the moment as long as i know... but some info about Factions and Faction Wars (pvp end game content) was announced earlier, you can check it...

but i agree that some sign of a clan would be nice... you can use a tag in the name, but thats too permanent because Ubi dont let people change their nicknames, you can also use a specific visual car style (colors, stickers etc) to make sure everyone knows from which clan you are... but im not sure if its enough...

Antitenant-II
09-28-2014, 12:57 AM
This is something that's been on my mind a bit lately. I do think the game would benefit from a more formal Clan/Club system beyond the 4-person Crews. As it stands, we already have people forming their clans/groups on the forum and even with the Crew or Faction system, people are going to be building their clans within the game. I just think it would be good if the game could facilitate that a bit more.

Yes, there will be Faction Wars as a main source of team-vs-team competition and you don't really want to cannibalize your game features, but clan support would be nice to see. Even space for a clan name under a player name would go a long way.

Savage_Mk-II
09-30-2014, 04:54 AM
Exactly. As you mentioned, Max. the endgame Faction wars are a thing, but that's too global a scale. I want something in between the 4 player crews and the 1000 player faction, and preferably with a leadership structure. The car color/pattern thing is not a bad idea, but all my buddies, for instance, have completely different tastes, and you can't even customize decals past a single black/white layer anyway. You're right, it's not enough at all.

And Anti, yeah, the clan name at least. Or hell, maybe a clan tag in "[.....]" in front of a player's name that's only effective in The Crew and can be changed back and forth based on invitations independent of the player name? For example, you only get the tag if you're approved by a clan leader or admin, but if you do, it's in a different color in front of your Uplay name. That would at least be a start.

demonoid90
10-05-2014, 05:02 AM
I'm certainly curious about clans/guilds as well. I mean NFSW is an MMO and they failed to add even that.. I like the idea of clans because I'm not a highly social individual, so I tend to solo a lot simply because I'm rather introverted. Its nice to have a secondary list of familiar people to call on for help when your friends happen to be offline at the time. If they intend on combining the elements of an RPG and Racing game I'd at least expect a clan system to exist as an option. Clans also tend to benefit competitive play, especially in clan leader boards separate from individual leader boards, as well as clan/player hosted events in game.

I'd definitely support having a clan system in game, if one doesn't already exist.

Savage_Mk-II
10-05-2014, 06:14 AM
I'm certainly curious about clans/guilds as well. I mean NFSW is an MMO and they failed to add even that.. I like the idea of clans because I'm not a highly social individual, so I tend to solo a lot simply because I'm rather introverted. Its nice to have a secondary list of familiar people to call on for help when your friends happen to be offline at the time. If they intend on combining the elements of an RPG and Racing game I'd at least expect a clan system to exist as an option. Clans also tend to benefit competitive play, especially in clan leader boards separate from individual leader boards, as well as clan/player hosted events in game.

I'd definitely support having a clan system in game, if one doesn't already exist.

I get exactly what you're saying. I always shy away from playing with randos, but currently there really isn't much of an intermediate level between your close/IRL friends and just the random guy you find cruising around who suddenly wants to "crew up". I personally would also be against tying myself to someone whose playing style and preferences I know nothing about. Whereas a clan is unified by something--a unique driving style, goal, preference in car classes or races, etc--and that makes it so much easier to find someone that is at least somewhat predictable.

NFSW was kind of a disaster right after they got rid of that 3 Tier system. Nothing to do with that exact feature, but in the game's timeline, that's when everything went straight to hell. But at least you could create a unique account for the game (I think) so at least you'd be able to have a clan tag in your name or something...The Crew is directly tied to Uplay, and not a lot of people would want to change their names for one game.