PDA

View Full Version : Screen tare, help solutions ?

funktastic-
09-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi guys

Im in the middle of making a new track and a tare has appeared across my driving line which i nerver saw at the beginning as i have extended it. I know you can put objects of the tare but its at a place where i dont want any and i have tried the terrain mod but it doesnt do anything. Plz does anyone know of any solution to this other than placing objects to hide it.

Trials editor has taken over my life argghhhh lol

fleskeknoke
09-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Turn headlight on your bike down to zero,
You can also get great results by switching other lights in the track from dynamic to static,
and/or lower the intensity.

These things shoulld help a lot.

funktastic-
09-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Thank you fleskeknoke i will try that , cheers for the help :)

Blackbird569
09-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Everything said above^^..
And try not to let the lights overlap if you can help it. playing about with the range of the light can help with it..
also if you dont want the headlight off all the time, you can connect the bike to a light event and just have it turn off in the problemed area..then toggle back on..

empecee
09-24-2014, 01:23 PM
you can also turn the checkpoint lights off that sometimes helps .they can overlap other lights on the track and cause problems .tree and the dreaded grass are usually the main culprits . if you pile them up it will tear like crazy .

funktastic-
09-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Thank you too all , i havent had chance to go look at it but will try all suggested and let you know if it solved it.

infact think i shall now :)

mutetus
09-24-2014, 06:53 PM
You didn't mention what platform you're on, but try reducing shadow draw distance, any extra effects and light ranges as mentioned before (use the stats bar to see if there's too many overlapping effects/lights).

funktastic-
09-24-2014, 10:01 PM
hi guys im must remember to *** which platform lol , i wasnt using any light or effect in the area , its desert themed so i ended up just using a few sand piles to cover it and set them to decoration , gave the effect sands was moving or sinking alittle. Thanks for all your help guys , i do sometimes get this happen in a few of my tracks so will keep all of it in mind when it arises. Try it out if your on ps4 bare in mind my driving lines are not up to scratch so to speak but its fun either way. :) it called rivers of babylon its in my user thread if you wanna have a gander.

cheers :)