PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 will be playable at Eurogamer Expo

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Far Cry 4 will be playable at Eurogamer Expo from 25-28 September.

Eurogamer Expo is the UK's biggest and best game show, and if you're attending you'll be able to play The Fort demo of Far Cry 4, and also have the chance to have your photo taken sitting in Pagan Min's gigantic elephant throne!

legacyzero
09-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Perhaps a Map Editor/Multiplayer trailer? Hmmmm??

http://i.minus.com/ibm2MFFDmzvuYm.gif

usmovers_02
09-24-2014, 05:50 AM
YES!!! This is exactly what I wanted! Seeing people get their picture taken on Pagan Min's gigantic elephant throne? PRECISELY what I've been waiting for! You know I totally didn't want ANYTHING on MP, the editor or the lobby system so GOOD JOB Ubisoft for giving us EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT! It's really nice to know that there's a developer out there that really listens to it's fans. Thanks for being awesome Bugbear! You didn't think I was talking about Ubisoft did you? Seriously... check out http://nextcargame.com It's only an amazing little racing game being made by a company that knows how to not only walk the PR line but also treat fans like valued customers at the same time.

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Guys..

The Eurogamer Expo - does not allow time for people to get to grips with the editor etc - and the SP demo was well received else at other events - I know you are all keen to hear about other things now, however I can only suggest you keep an eye out for your CM teams updates.

usmovers_02
09-24-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm actually really looking forward to SP. I know I'm pretty much all doom and gloom but Ubi has always made a kickass SP. Nonetheless I will not drop a dime on this game until I've seen the lobby system in action.

legacyzero
09-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Guys..

The Eurogamer Expo - does not allow time for people to get to grips with the editor etc - and the SP demo was well received else at other events - I know you are all keen to hear about other things now, however I can only suggest you keep an eye out for your CM teams updates.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm stoked about the SP, too. But to see the MP/Editor community constantly not considered is pretty insulting to people that really take this stuff seriously.

usmovers_02
09-25-2014, 03:00 AM
Legacyzero hit the nail on the head. Us map editor fans are a HUGE reason this franchise made it past the first game. I think the positive word of mouth for FC1 (console) is the reason FC2 even happened. Then with FC2 the map making community yet again extended the games life WELL beyond what most mediocre online modes get. Us map makers really feel like we're just an afterthought and that is definitely insulting considering how much of this franchises success is BECAUSE of us and the insane amount of work we put into a franchise we're so passionate about. Yes, it's just a game. Yes, I'll live when FC4 is as terrible as FC3 (what reason do I have to believe otherwise?) but no matter the situation it really sucks when people treat you like a 2nd rate citizen.

DapperHayden007
09-25-2014, 03:29 AM
Legacyzero hit the nail on the head. Us map editor fans are a HUGE reason this franchise made it past the first game. I think the positive word of mouth for FC1 (console) is the reason FC2 even happened. Then with FC2 the map making community yet again extended the games life WELL beyond what most mediocre online modes get. Us map makers really feel like we're just an afterthought and that is definitely insulting considering how much of this franchises success is BECAUSE of us and the insane amount of work we put into a franchise we're so passionate about. Yes, it's just a game. Yes, I'll live when FC4 is as terrible as FC3 (what reason do I have to believe otherwise?) but no matter the situation it really sucks when people treat you like a 2nd rate citizen.

I do agree, however my viewpoint on all this is that with Ubi they tend to hand over other parts of the game to smaller studio's around the world, each Studio tends to have part of a game they make best. I realise that Ubi Montreal are the main ones who work on the story, and compare the Staff count of a studio like that to say Red Storm who are working on MP, they can't show the multiplayer early because it isn't as complete as the story when the Singleplayer is initially shown.

As with the editor, only a handful of people work on it (from what I've been told) so that is usually one of the last completed parts of the game. Far Cry (in our hearts) is a Multiplayer game, but Ubisoft tend to put so much more attention in the singleplayer quality, they have the bigger studio's working on it.

The Multiplayer is considered to them as a different section of a game because gaming has always been heavy focused on Singleplayer (we've only had more multiplayer focused games made in the last 5 or so years, when more companies realized it is a big moneymaking point for a game)

They could show the map editor off now, but the only problem is that it may not be fully ready to show off yet. (it probably is now because the game should go gold in the next couple of weeks)

They will show it us soon, but we need to be patient. I am not getting my hopes up just yet though. I want to see how the Multiplayer lobbies system and Map Sharing system works.

usmovers_02
09-25-2014, 06:03 PM
They don't have to show us the editor or mp. Just tell us about it. Tell us that they're overhauling the terrible lobby system. That's what Bugbear does when they have nothing to show. Instead we just get ignored.

GUN_SABOTUR
09-25-2014, 09:10 PM
oh... still no news then. Who said "soon" ages ago. Oh well... :(

Imaganos
09-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Soon? :confused::confused::confused: