PDA

View Full Version : Long time FC fans... why are you still here?

usmovers_02
09-23-2014, 02:57 PM
I think there are 2 common answers to this. One being fans of the SP really haven't had anything huge to complain about and the other being the editors incredible ability to carry insanely broken MP. I definitely fall into the editor camp. Even after the disaster that was FC3 MP I find myself foolishly thinking surely Ubisoft has learned from their mistakes. Even if they haven't surely FC3 was so bad FC4 just HAS to be better right? Anyways I'm totally one of those people that threatens to boycott a game only to buy it day one anyways. This will not be the case with FC4 until I've seen the lobby system and editor in action. So yeah, despite all my extreme negativity towards Ubisoft and FC MP I'm foolishly getting excited for my favorite FPS franchises next release.

So why are you still here?

Farcryisdead
09-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Map editor.

Imaganos
09-23-2014, 03:28 PM
MP & the Map Editor...any information you would like to make official Ubi? will this be he same MP sad COD rip off or a return to the old FC2 MP? Map Editor ? Let's just leave it at that ....

FR_Player-One
09-23-2014, 04:25 PM
For the whole package ! lol

- Played single player since Far Cry Instinct.
It always been good for me. More or less good depending on the episode, just details but I always enjoyed it and enjoyed the free roam.

- Started really using the map editor in Far Cry 2, just for fun and for myself, because I had no way to share my maps back then.
Great potential, and I like building maps.

- Only started playing multiplayer and sharing maps at Far Cry 3 (and oh boy, how I was disappointed...)

So I'm still here, for the whole, because I know I will like the singleplayer, I will enjoy build maps even if it's just for myself...
Now it may be time to start playing and sharing online for real.

Hopefully Far Cry 4 will give us good tools to do this. But I'm not expecting too much until I see it. (and not preordering for now - at least until the very last week before release)

legacyzero
09-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm here for the Editor and the Multiplayer combo. They straight up RUINED it in FC3, so I'm praying that they fixed it for 4. Nothing worse than spending a full week making a map, only to see it go un-noticed because you can't share those maps.

pacmanate
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
I only care for Single Player. I liked FC2's, Far Cry 3's was fun although the story was a bit weird, Vaas remains one of my favourite villians of all time.

realbkg420666
09-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Why am I still here,good question. Fc3 had some good points but mostly bad. I hoped the editer was gonna be way better whe when I heard about the hole tool and waterfalls but when use it square holes and waterfalls that are hard to place and move and with all the physic issues with buildins 6oufall through stupid poles for zip lines what they couldnt give us the same zip lines from single player? And the horrible still on going server issues why would anyone stay? I do because im a editer junkie bt i know its the last thing they budget for ubi can kiss my *** if they dont do better with fc4

Cola_Boy
09-30-2014, 02:37 AM
I'm waiting for what they do with Multiplayer and how they handle the lobby system for UG maps – FC3's lobby and UI was an absolute abomination, they made it difficult to find UG maps and impossible to share your own creations or test them. I just fired up the multiplayer custom match today, first time in a year – complete and utter mess... fingers crossed they will give the community what they are after with this release.

GhostWind905
09-30-2014, 04:32 AM
The only reason I ever tried the far cry series is because it had a level editor. That is the ONLY part that keeps me coming back. I am very skeptical on Ubi's intent on creating a polished product, so I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That way I won't be so disappointed.