PDA

View Full Version : Trials Track Jam 2 - Winner Announcement

RetiredRonin
09-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Dozens of competitors entered tracks for Round 1.

Of those dozens, five were selected, by us, to represent the Trials Community in Round 2 of this epic Trials build-off.

Those five builders created tracks that are uniformly awesome, and some of the most fun Trials tracks that we have ever played. But this time voting wasnít up to us; it was up to you, the Trials Community. With the entries that we had, deciding the winner isnít an enviable task.

Thank you to everyone who built a track for Track Jam, and thank you to all who voted. The outcome is a direct result of your actions, and itís also a little unprecedented for us.

But before we get into the winners, letís go over some of what they went through to get to the final.

Builders had just 20 days to build a new track for the submission period. This may sound like quite a bit of time, but the timer started the minute we announced the contest. What is clear is that every person who took part in Round 1 really wanted to show off some of their best work. Everyone at RedLynx was impressed with the overall high quality of the submissions.

And then the Round 1 judging started. Judging tracks is never an easy task; the difficulty is compounded when you have judges with such different ďfavoriteĒ styles. Arguments, and only one or two insults, were thrown back and forth, but in the end we settled on a list of 5 builders that all of us were happy with (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/920448-Track-Jam-2-Round-2-Voting-Closed).

What were the finalists rewarded with? Another 20 days to build a second track. The five finalists were also given the opportunity to have a sit down on Skype with a couple of the chaps from the Trials Fusion level design team. We learned that it can be difficult trying to get people from five time zones together at the same time, but the finalists were pretty awesome about it.

And then the tracks were finished, the voting over, and here we are, just a few words from declaring the Trials Track Jam 2 Contest winner.

But first; in all RedLynx Contests there has been one person crowned the winner. All of the contestants give their all, and we are thankful for their tenacity when facing off against some fairly daunting timelines. Time and time again we have seen the competitors from our contests go out of their way to help each other. From Track Jam 1 to the E3 Invitational, these were contests where there were tangible prizes on the line, but instead of keeping tips and tricks to themselves, these awesome community members continuously think about helping out before all else.

You all make it a joy to part of your community.

Letís go ahead and end the sentimentality now, and get to the good part.

We have run multiple validation checks and we found that the forum poll portion of the voting phase was not 100% accurate. After hand checking all of the votes, we were left with results that, honestly, we hadnít seen coming.

Without further ado, may I present to you your Track Jam 2 Winners!

Monstified and kid m p c were dead even. Exact same amount of votes. Didnít see it coming. What does this mean? Both kid m p c and Monstified will be receiving the prizes for winning Track Jam 2, both will have their tracks ďmodernizeĒ and Pumped, respectively, featured on Track Central, and both will be added to the ever growing list of Trials-related champions.

Congratulations to you both, you deserved your win.

funktastic-
09-23-2014, 03:44 PM
well done guys cant wait to play them :)

Jongie
09-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Congratulations to the winners! And also thanks to all the others who showed their best. Enjoyed to play them. :)

Rishaanvb
09-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Congrats guys, really enjoyed playing them. Awesome tracks.

Blackbird569
09-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Congratulations Kid & Monster... Great work on the tracks cant wait to play them.. You guys should get a rubber ducky as the trophy... but since its a tie. you'll have to saw it in half...

Kalzonne & Smeg, Awesome work on your tracks too guys. hopefully will get to play them soon.
Thank you to the riders that voted on my build. hope you all enjoyed it.

Great work again to all of the round 1 builders. The ones I have played (360) have all been great fun, this comp has brought out lots of great tracks to TC, what is always good..

Thanks RL/ubi for the Track jam...

GR4V1G0R3
09-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Congrats guys, no great surprise to see that it's you two, always in the top 10 builders while I've been playing trials

all who entered get great respect from me because the second I look at the editor its like I'm trying to read a book which is written in wingdings, not much happens, I get bored and give up

Thanks to all involved in the track jam, the real winners are the community who got spammed with so many good tracks in quick succession

KALzzone8
09-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Gongratulations for the winners, Monstified and kid. I really liked the look of your tracks and imo the right tracks won! Blackbird and Smeghead, great job guys too. Like blackbird said, hopefully we'll get them crossplatformed soon :)

Again, thanks for the guys who did give their vote for me. It was fun time building these tracks, and play other submissions! Good job RedLynx for doing these competitions, I hope we see even more of them ;)

TheSlimReeper
09-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Congratulations to the winners of the second round and also to the rest of you that made it into the top 5.. Looking toward to playing all of the tracks when I have spare time.

Jeruhnq
09-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Congrats to the winners! (and all beautiful tracks of this 2nd round!!)

Monstified you have a very nice driving line ;)
If you are interested, i got 36.466 :) [ps4]

dragonmicky1
09-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Congrats guys, kid and monstified were too hard to decide... well deserved for both of you

Kid is very fastidious concerning the driving line and decorations, Monstified give us a little more programation...
Kalzone you had my vote, u crazy like I love it...
Smeg, I would vote for you for sure if you got time to finish, the better one for this second round in my opinion but...
and blackbird you was the surprise of this round, and you show to everyone that you deserve your rank...

hope to see all of this on cross plateforme, and more from the first round...

pArA8D
09-27-2014, 10:52 AM
played both of the winning tracks. Really nice stuff guys, epic dl, deco etc grats!