PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed Unity General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes, but in Unity all of these (explorable confined location, reading emails, talking to other characters, hacking, glyphs) will be missing...it seems. We just get some cutscene videos and that's all. So: nothing playable/controllable...that's the point. You just sit and watch.

reading emails and hacking was the worst part of MD for me. I doubt I'll miss it.

Only thing I'll miss is the juno plot progression.

ACfan443
11-04-2014, 06:14 PM
TBH the only MD i remember having fun with was brotherhood's

(or was it AC2's? I can't remember)

Basically the one where Desmond saw the bleeding effect image of ezio when going through the tunnels.

I really felt a strong connection between past and present. Not to mention there was much more plot progression.

That was Brotherhood. It was awesome seeing the ghosts of the past frantically making their way out of the underground tunnels, not fully understanding what the hell was going on, then when Desmond eventually loaded up that memory in the Animus and relived the entire sequence as it happened in the 16th Century the déjà vu kicked in and it all made sense. Another favourite MD moment of mine is when he slipped into the bleeding effect in AC2 and ended up in Acre as Altair, I get goosebumps every time I play that part. That's what I loved so much about the old modern day.

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I just don't get the draw of the MD. Why do people like it??? Aside from the "concept" of conspiracy and ongoing Templar Assassin Conflict it is literally the dumbest thing in the entire series. I will say in concept it sounds cool. And it's canon about events all across history is really interesting. But in execution it is terrible. Let's just call MD what it is. Aweful.

(Read following in epic movie trailer voice)
AC Modern Day: experience the excitement and adventure of the Assassins struggle to take on the evil Abstergo Industries and Knights Templar through facinating activities like-
-walking around small confined maps in exciting locales like(a lab/hotel room, a warehouse, a basement, and a cave)
-talking....lots and lots of talking. Dialogue for days. None of which is actually important and 95% of it can be skipped entirely and doesn't effect the game at all.
-Reading Emails. Literally hundreds of emails. And they aren't audio dubbed. Some of which are soooo long and boring you literally give up after the first paragraph and just try to guess what it's about from the pictures.
-listening to audio files. Interesting insight into important characters back stories in really really really long audio tapes. Like seriously they really couldn't make cutscenes for these???
-watching cutscenes. Really boring cutscenes about boring topics like(Desmond and Lucy. Will they or won't they. CEOs ignoring you while taking phone calls. And a Rambleing goddess). By AC3 cutscene dialoge gets so long and irrelevant that you can either sit and listen to Desmond and Juno ramble for 30 mins at a time talking about things that nobody fully understands because they all happened off the main games in DLC or supplemental media. Or you could just ignore these and go make a sandwich....and eat it....and go to the bathroom....and read a book. All while you wait for them to shut up and the game to be playable again. If you can't skip it might as well make use of your time right???
-Parkour!!!....wait what? There's actually something interesting to do?!!! Yeah!!!!!......but it only lasts for 5% of the entire MD and really only serves to keep you occupied and set up for more really boring dialogue and cutscenes.
SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

Then after committing countless hours to this nonsense watch as all of your favorite characters die in the lamest cop outs imaginable. All without the dignity of actually killing them. Instead it's always a quick time event. Watch favorites like Lucy, Warren Viddic, and Desmond die by "press any button". (Seriously that pisses me off)

Experience the excitement of a broken story that changes entirely every time you play a new game. Start trying to prevent the Templars from getting POEs, then that concept is derailed and changed to stopping a mind control satellite, only to not actual cover that plot in favor of saving the world from a solar flare, which is then forgotten in favor of just researching to make a video game. While trying to stop a goddess who has no clear goals or motive and her reincarnated clone boyfriend.....Seriously what the ****???? None of this makes any damn sense. And who the **** is That dude with the gun from AC3. And Why was the Lucy is a Templar plot point hidden behind a cost wall in a really ****ty DLC??? Isn't that kind of important and should be in the main game?? Was that a portal knock off of what??? I'm so confused my brain hurts!

Then have the whole horrible experience salvaged by it's one actually relevant and interest part! Glyphs and Abstergo Emails that use annoying arcade style games remnicent of frogger and I spy to unlock. Giving you interesting info on how major interesting historic figures like(George Washigton, Napoleon, Queen Elizabeth, JFK, Hitler, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Nikolai Tesla, Houdini, and others) are connected to the Assassin Templar conflict. All while reading this info of course because audio or cutscenes take too much effort to make!................Wait a minute......all those interesting things are about actual historical people and periods......but isn't that what the non MD parts of the game are about????? Why the **** couldn't they have just saved that info and used it in previous/future AC tiles as actual plot lines??? Like seriously that's WAYYY cooler.....why didn't they just do that???..now in hindsight the glyphs seem kind of pointless and unnecessary.

That's it I'm done I'm ignoring and skipping MD anything in AC now!(rips off headset and stomps away angrily).

And that is my Honest Trailer/ Review of Assassins Creed Modern Day.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 06:17 PM
(Read following in epic movie trailer voice)
AC Modern Day: experience the excitement and adventure of the Assassins struggle to take on the evil Abstergo Industries and Knights Templar through facinating activities like-
-walking around small confined maps in exciting locales like(a lab/hotel room, a warehouse, a basement, and a cave)
-talking....lots and lots of talking. Dialogue for days. None of which is actually important and 95% of it can be skipped entirely and doesn't effect the game at all.
-Reading Emails. Literally hundreds of emails. And they aren't audio dubbed. Some of which are soooo long and boring you literally give up after the first paragraph and just try to guess what it's about from the pictures.
-listening to audio files. Interesting insight into important characters back stories in really really really long audio tapes. Like seriously they really couldn't make cutscenes for these???
-watching cutscenes. Really boring cutscenes about boring topics like(Desmond and Lucy. Will they or won't they. CEOs ignoring you while taking phone calls. And a Rambleing goddess). By AC3 cutscene dialoge gets so long and irrelevant that you can either sit and listen to Desmond and Juno ramble for 30 mins at a time talking about things that nobody fully understands because they all happened off the main games in DLC or supplemental media. Or you could just ignore these and go make a sandwich....and eat it....and go to the bathroom....and read a book. All while you wait for them to shut up and the game to be playable again. If you can't skip it might as well make use of your time right???
-Parkour!!!....wait what? There's actually something interesting to do?!!! Yeah!!!!!......but it only lasts for 5% of the entire MD and really only serves to keep you occupied and set up for more really boring dialogue and cutscenes.
SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

please marry me

this is exactly what's wrong with the MD

they either need to fix the execution or just drop it as a whole.

but only drop it once the juno saga is finished.

jayjay275
11-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking about turning off all the HUD, but I want to be able to tell where the next story mission would be without having to look on the map. Is there a button that shows the side-content for the rooftop thingy?

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Haha I feel like I need to make a video version. That would be so much funnier and sarcastic with visual aids haha

Layytez
11-04-2014, 06:30 PM
From what I saw I feel that the MD will deliver in information given but not in non-Helix gameplay. Within the first 2 sequences we already find out why we are playing as Arno and the reason relates back to ACIV in the MD story. Let us first experience it in full and then judge.

jayjay275
11-04-2014, 06:31 PM
How long do we think it take till we get Aro's robes?

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Let's face it, when we ask ourselves or people we know about AC, what is first to come to our minds?

The Ancestor.

That, plus the settings and such are the draw about AC really.

Or at least it's what drew me in...

Wolfmeister1010
11-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Hm..a lot of sound glitches in these videos. The impact sound of landing in a haystack is off sync, and some of the low profile assassinations are out of sync with the audio as well...hope they get around to fixing these glitches unlike AC4. That game still has so many out of sync effects and some attacks have no audio at all in parts of them.

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Hm..a lot of sound glitches in these videos. The impact sound of landing in a haystack is off sync, and some of the low profile assassinations are out of sync with the audio as well...hope they get around to fixing these glitches unlike AC4. That game still has so many out of sync effects and some attacks have no audio at all in parts of them.

That's odd I never experienced that issue with AC4. What do you play on? I play it on xbox360.

And keep in mind the unity video that is out there right now is not patched. There is a patch that will be coming out on release that should fix several of the major issues.

Layytez
11-04-2014, 06:49 PM
How long do we think it take till we get Aro's robes?
Around 2 sequences.

jayjay275
11-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Around 2 sequences.

So, half an hour to maybe an hour? I just want them robes; I hated how long it took in AC4 and AC3.

Layytez
11-04-2014, 06:57 PM
So, half an hour to maybe an hour? I just want them robes; I hated how long it took in AC4 and AC3.
Yeah it's roughly an hour or so. Much quicker than AC3. Which robe you talking about in AC4 ? When Edward modified it on the ship ? If so then yeah it's faster than them two I believe.

jayjay275
11-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Yeah it's roughly an hour or so. Much quicker than AC3. Which robe you talking about in AC4 ? When Edward modified it on the ship ? If so then yeah it's faster than them two I believe.
Yeah, that's what I was going on about. Thanks for the information. ;)

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I just don't get the draw of the MD. Why do people like it??? Aside from the "concept" of conspiracy and ongoing Templar Assassin Conflict it is literally the dumbest thing in the entire series.
You just forget that the modern story is what moves the past in every AC game. The key is the Animus (now Helix?). If there wouldn't be Animus (and present day where the Animus is developped) there wouldn't have been Crusade, Renaissance, American Revolution, Pirate Ages, French Revolution and so on.

And why do I like it? Becasue it's all about origin of the human species, advanced technology, artifacts...similar to real modern scientific questions.

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2014, 08:47 PM
You just forget that the modern story is what moves the past in every AC game. The key is the Animus (now Helix?). If there wouldn't be Animus (and present day where the Animus is developped) there wouldn't have been Crusade, Renaissance, American Revolution, Pirate Ages, French Revolution and so on.

And why do I like it? Becasue it's all about origin of the human species, advanced technology, artifacts...similar to real modern scientific questions.

we press start, a white room (loading screen) appear, a voice tell us that we were hired to test a new machine that is capable of extract the memories of our ancestors from our DNA (Animus), we never heard about the outside world again apart from a few database entries where they explain how the Animus works and soem details about TWCB and POEs and voila! The HUD and all the futuristic elements (collectibles, etc) we might see in the game are justified, no need for half-assed MD story.

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 08:58 PM

The whole purpose of the Animus is to relive memories of past events. PAST. They already happened before animus was a thing meaning the past doesn't require the animus. Rather the other way around actually. AC without Modern Day. Would literally be exactly as it is. Only we would experience Altaïr, Ezio, Connor, and Edward, etc lives first hand rather than through Desmond and Floating IPad Man. There would still be First Civ. There would Still be POEs. As those were part of each characters lives and have been around throughout history not just MD. We would still know about Adam and Eve the human first civ war etc. All of those things were explained in the historic segments of the game.

Literally all Desmond and his BS terrible story of unimportant or killed off characters are is a waste of time and literally serves no purpose. First Civ can and has been explained predominantly through the history parts. First Civ existed during and long before the historic segments. That plot wouldn't go away if they did away with MD(which means Modern Day not "any Sci Fi element"). MD is dependent on the First Civ and History every time. Literally when they make these games they decide the historic setting first and shoehorn the **** out of the MD so it fits the story.

And if it's the glyph stuff about Thomas Edison, JFK, Napoleon and others. Those don't need to be there either. Seriously those are all plot points they could just use in future games if they wanted to. They aren't required to have an AC game work on it's own. They could have been told through the games or movies/short films or something instead.

So I don't know what you think we'd lose by ditching MD because First Civ isn't part of that. The "origins of the human species" and such are still a factor. With or without Desmond and his Ilk. Desmond and the contemporary storyline are lost irrelevant and stupid. They only thing it does is constantly distract from the fun parts of the game and force us to listen to dialogue and cutscenes about First Civ stuff we already know from the past parts. And honestly if I wanted to watch boring video of that I'd turn on Ancient Aliens.

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 08:59 PM
we press start, a white room (loading screen) appear, a voice tell us that we were hired to test a new machine that is capable of extract the memories of our ancestors from our DNA (Animus), we never heard about the outside world again apart from a few database entries where they explain how the Animus works and soem details about TWCB and POEs and voila! The HUD and all the futuristic elements (collectibles, etc) we might see in the game are justified, no need for half-assed MD story.

This^^ this this this 10000 times this. I couldn't agree more

Hans684
11-04-2014, 09:05 PM
The whole purpose of the Animus is to relive memories of past events. PAST. They already happened before animus was a thing meaning the past doesn't require the animus. Rather the other way around actually. AC without Modern Day. Would literally be exactly as it is. Only we would experience Altaïr, Ezio, Connor, and Edward, etc lives first hand rather than through Desmond and Floating IPad Man. There would still be First Civ. There would Still be POEs. As those were part of each characters lives and have been around throughout history not just MD. We would still know about Adam and Eve the human first civ war etc. All of those things were explained in the historic segments of the game.

Literally all Desmond and his BS terrible story of unimportant or killed off characters are is a waste of time and literally serves no purpose. First Civ can and has been explained predominantly through the history parts. First Civ existed during and long before the historic segments. That plot wouldn't go away if they did away with MD(which means Modern Day not "any Sci Fi element"). MD is dependent on the First Civ and History every time. Literally when they make these games they decide the historic setting first and shoehorn the **** out of the MD so it fits the story.

And if it's the glyph stuff about Thomas Edison, JFK, Napoleon and others. Those don't need to be there either. Seriously those are all plot points they could just use in future games if they wanted to. They aren't required to have an AC game work on it's own. They could have been told through the games or movies/short films or something instead.

So I don't know what you think we'd lose by ditching MD because First Civ isn't part of that. The "origins of the human species" and such are still a factor. With or without Desmond and his Ilk. Desmond and the contemporary storyline are lost irrelevant and stupid. They only thing it does is constantly distract from the fun parts of the game and force us to listen to dialogue and cutscenes about First Civ stuff we already know from the past parts. And honestly if I wanted to watch boring video of that I'd turn on Ancient Aliens.

As said before, without MD the past would become pointless. Serve no purpose, reliving the lives of them would be pointless. It would progress anything, plain filler by that point.

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 09:13 PM
As said before, without MD the past would become pointless. Serve no purpose, reliving the lives of them would be pointless. It would progress anything, plain filler by that point.

How??? Because I just explained how it's the opposite.

Hans684
11-04-2014, 09:25 PM
How??? Because I just explained how it's the opposite.

How? Because we relive the memories for different reasons, that involves getting the First Civ stuff and the only way to get the valuable memory(rearly memories) that is related to the First Civ stuff they are looking for is to go trough a blockage of useless memories(Vidic's words).

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2014, 09:30 PM

what's the point in progressing anything if at the end of the day a nameless and voiceless iPad will end up defeating Juno by pressing a red button? (and that's me being optimistic for reasons I can't explain because it would involve talk about leaked material about ACU's modern day)

to the MODS, can't we have a single thread (properly labeled to warn people about the kind of spoilers it has) where we can openly discuss the leaks?

Hans684
11-04-2014, 09:42 PM
what's the point in progressing anything if at the end of the day a nameless and voiceless iPad will end up defeating Juno by pressing a red button? (and that's me being optimistic for reasons I can't explain because it would involve talk about leaked material about ACU's modern day)

to the MODS, can't we have a single thread (properly labeled to warn people about the kind of spoilers it has) where we can openly discuss the leaks?

What's the point of reliving the memories if they don't progress anything?

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 09:55 PM
How? Because we relive the memories for different reasons, that involves getting the First Civ stuff and the only way to get the valuable memory(rearly memories) that is related to the First Civ stuff they are looking for is to go trough a blockage of useless memories(Vidic's words).

(Face palms hard)

You realize that these memories are only "useless" to the MD characters(which in turn are completely irrelevant to what already occurred 1000 years before). They are extremely important to the lives, history, and character development of the actual protagonists. You do realize anything that the MD people are looking for is not effecting history in any way. It's always a stupid wild goose chase for some mcguffin or another. Map(AC1), Vault(AC2), Apple(ACB), Literally no reason for ACR other than the "Sync Nexus" (yeah that wasn't made up just cuz or anything), AC3(key), AC4(observatory).
You really don't see that these are all just random mcguffins? Shoehorned in to the past segments for the sake of making the MD somehow relevant and seem connected.

But the thing is you don't need MD for these characters and events to be connected. They already are.
Altïar wrote a codex>Ezio gets said codex(how it got there is even explained in his grandfathers crypt and revelations)
Ezio sent a group of assassins with Columbus to the New World.
Edward>Haytham>Connor father, son, grandson relationship.
Aveline>met Connor
Ade>met Edward
French Revolution>inspired by the American Revolution plus shares figures like Lafayette.
There's also the apples and other POEs that are shared among past protags, the box from Embers and Freedom Cry. Etc etc.

Literally MD is not needed to connect the games. They already have a lot of connections. And the trinkets the MD characters are after are usually completely irrelevant to the past(which is the game here). They serve only as a way to shoehorn a reason for the MD people to look at the past(in other words nothing more justification for the mere existence of MD) so that's not relevant either.

Literally the only relevant connection for MD and the Past is when Minerva talks directly to Desmond through Ezio. They could have just as easily had her speak to Ezio instead and he pass this down among the Assassins(which is essentially what happened anyway). So even that was irrelevant.

So I'm not seeing how it's the MD that's not the filler here?

RA503
11-04-2014, 09:55 PM
The MD is important for the game still interesting even if he have a complete disastrous historical period (like old west as a example).

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 10:24 PM
The MD is important for the game still interesting even if he have a complete disastrous historical period (like old west as a example).

When has IPad man or Desmond's claustrophobic settings ever been more interesting than the main setting????

And how can you say the Wild West is a disaster setting since they've never set a game there?? That's not even a point. It's not comparable or relevant because no such comparison exists. Unless you point to Red Dead...was that a disaster???

I can compare random things to make points that aren't points too.
MD is needed cuz tacos are delicious!
MD is needed cuz japan would be boring without it.
MD is needed because it makes France cool.

See that's kind of fun actually. But all of them are subjective and completely unrelated to AC

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 10:30 PM
You really don't see that these are all just random mcguffins? Shoehorned in to the past segments for the sake of making the MD somehow relevant and seem connected.

Don't forget the core of Assassin's Creed games: the Animus. The whole series was built upon the Animus. And Animus is a modern day device. That's why modern day storyline is essential. They wanted to put in this sci-fi element which shows that they didn't want to make a "simple" historical TPS game including the order of Assassins and Templars.
All the staff of First Civilization and high-tech artifacts are there becasue of the activity of the modern day templars (and assassins).

I can't explain because it would involve talk about leaked material about ACU's modern day.

You know more about ACU's modern day storyline?

ze_topazio
11-04-2014, 10:37 PM
What's the point of reliving the memories if they don't progress anything?

To have fun?

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Don't forget the core of Assassin's Creed games: the Animus. The whole series was built upon the Animus. And Animus is a modern day device. That's why modern day storyline is essential. They wanted to put in this sci-fi element which shows that they didn't want to make a "simple" historical TPS game including the order of Assassins and Templars.
All the staff of First Civilization and high-tech artifacts are there becasue of the activity of the modern day

The Animus only Exists as another excuse for the existence of the MD plot.

The First Civ and POEs do not exist due to MD at all they existed long before recorded history. They exist independent of Desmond Viddic Lucy and IPad man. You don't need them to have first Civ.

You don't even need those MD people and kakamamie story to have an Animus. Literally the animus could just be you're console and you're exploring the memories of figures from across history. Which in case you didn't know is essentially the concept of this new Helix thing.

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2014, 10:52 PM
You know more about ACU's modern day storyline?

yes, I saw two small videos showing ACU's modern days in action..

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 10:59 PM
yes, I saw two small videos showing ACU's modern days in action..

No interaction, only cutscene videos...right?

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2014, 11:02 PM
No interaction, only cutscene videos...right?

you should use the spoiler tag... text [/spoiler*]

just remove the *

and to answer your question

[spoiler]yes

Hans684
11-04-2014, 11:14 PM
(Face palms hard)

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/698/489/2f7.png

You realize that these memories are only "useless" to the MD characters(which in turn are completely irrelevant to what already occurred 1000 years before).

Those useless memories don't impact anything, we reliving past events. Not living them.

They are extremely important to the lives, history, and character development of the actual protagonists.

The protagonist isn't important, only what they discovered. The history had already happened, the Animus simulates genetic memories in 3D. We are not "changing" history because it's already happened. It's simulated. The character development would happen anyway but since it's relived the character has developed long before MD and is dead.

You do realize anything that the MD people are looking for is not effecting history in any way.

It changes everything and that begun with the "wild goose chase" for some mcguffing created by the First Civ. Their artifacts is why history is as it is, they used The Eye to choose a possible future(calculation/alternate realty) where they might save their "tools"(humans) from the upcoming solar flare. Their the starting point of everything in the series, the history is choosen by them, the "actual" characters is their their main tools for the future generations.

It's always a stupid wild goose chase for some mcguffin or another.

Right, becouse destroy ping the series is sooo much better.

Map(AC1), Vault(AC2), Apple(ACB), Literally no reason for ACR other than the "Sync Nexus" (yeah that wasn't made up just cuz or anything), AC3(key), AC4(observatory).
You really don't see that these are all just random mcguffins?

Never said they weren't.

Shoehorned in to the past segments for the sake of making the MD somehow relevant and seem connected.

How many games to you relive history in? As far as I know, not many but there is many games where we live the history instead.

But the thing is you don't need MD for these characters and events to be connected. They already are.
Altïar wrote a codex>Ezio gets said codex(how it got there is even explained in his grandfathers crypt and revelations)
Ezio sent a group of assassins with Columbus to the New World.
Edward>Haytham>Connor father, son, grandson relationship.
Aveline>met Connor
Ade>met Edward
French Revolution>inspired by the American Revolution plus shares figures like Lafayette.

Oh a connection, then what? Altaïr codex leads to the random mcguffin called the Vatican Vault but to see where is is and how to enter you need the mcguffin Apple Of Eden, one inside you get a message from a First Civ member with the name of Minerva with a message for MD to a bartender named Desmond.
Ezio sending people to the new world doesn't do anything(that we know of).
Edward only got involved because of the the money until he heard about the mcguffin place Observatory, a ship so full of gold he could just split it and go home. If it wasn't for that, them Edward would be just another Pirate. And if he didn't get invoked, then neither would Haytham or Connor since Edward was the first of the Kenway's to take part in the Assassin/Templar war.
Aveline meeting Connor don't do that much, is another connection that dies something. It helped her finding the Company "Man". So she got a chance to "join" the Templars before killing everyone and get a mcguffin message.
Adéwalé meeting Edward impacts becouse it gets him to join the Assassins and years letter gets a box that we don't know what contains.
To early to say about the FR.

There's also the apples and other POEs that are shared among past protags, the box from Embers and Freedom Cry. Etc etc.

So now mcguffins is important, hypocritical. Don't you agree?

Literally MD is not needed to connect the games. They already have a lot of connections. And the trinkets the MD characters are after are usually completely irrelevant to the past(which is the game here). They serve only as a way to shoehorn a reason for the MD people to look at the past(in other words nothing more justification for the mere existence of MD) so that's not relevant either.

Connections without a purpose is just connections going nothing. It's just there, shoehorned so it seems like a big deal. Not completely irrelevant, didn't you say something about some apples of sort above somewhere? Maybe I missed it. It's called a story, try putting down that history book sometimes. You contradict yoused , so MD is irrelevant and the mcguffins they look but the "actual" character messing around with the mcguffins for the lolz is okay. So we live the memories of X protagonist that looks for -irrelevant- mcguffin and hagg around previous protagonist for a connection or collect some old books by a previous protagonist about an -irrelevant- mcguffin that leads to a wild goose hunt for a -irrelevant- mcguffins place.

Literally the only relevant connection for MD and the Past is when Minerva talks directly to Desmond through Ezio. They could have just as easily had her speak to Ezio instead and he pass this down among the Assassins(which is essentially what happened anyway). So even that was irrelevant.

Not irrelevant, if it wasn't for Ezio's codex. Then Abstergo wouldn't have found or known of Desmond Miles. So he wouldn't have been captured and relived the life of his ancestors.

You never will either, your distaste of it speaks loud enough.

Why do you play AC then, history or story?

I'm a story player.

To have fun?

So no purpose or overall arc, sounds like fun.

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 12:00 AM
You don't play games for fun?

Alphacos007
11-05-2014, 12:12 AM

Pff, who the **** plays games for fun?
:rolleyes:

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 12:17 AM

Exactly!

I like story too. But not if it's pointless and boring. I prefer self contained stories that don't have random interruptions for things that I don't care about and replace my fun game with "exciting" things like reading email and talking to random characters for 40mins at a time.

I'm done trying to explain myself. I feel like I'd have better luck teaching a dog to write or a fish to climb a tree.

It doesn't matter what I say but I don't care. Unity has essentially proven me correct anyway so I need no justification. With the helix "you" are the MD protagonist reliving Arno and from hense forth"Xptotagonist".

I play for fun and story. Not just history. Why would I play AC for history?? What's historical about the stories in the different settings other than the cities and a few people you run in to. Do you forget that these protags are fictional???? I enjoy the individual story of each protagonist.

If you claim to play games for story and the story you play for is AC MD.......then do you really play for story at all????? It's not exactly a shining example of good story telling there bud.

RA503
11-05-2014, 12:52 AM
The historical period is only interesting because the MD make we believe that the events will reverberate in the lifes of conteporary people.

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 01:05 AM
The historical period is only interesting because the MD make we believe that the events will reverberate in the lifes of conteporary people.

But that already does happen as atïars actions reverberated to the Reniassance and French Rev. And Ezio reverberated to Achillies story to Connor. Etc etc and so on. I like to see how previous assassins effected the generations after them in different parts of the world. And that can be more. And already has been a part of the historic settings.

Personally I would have rather started with Altïar and worked our way up to Modern Day for the conclusion. Each assassin building off of the last each accomplishing something that sets the stage for the next(which is essentially what we have anyway). Rather than as we have were we started in MD and then go back and forth between random time periods and MD. It would have serves essentially the same purpose only with a clearer progression and a natural chronological order(well not exactly they could still skip around but would have to keep track of the previous/future/potential stories for maintaining continuity)

Either set up requires a conclusion solely in MD or at least a large part in MD. So not much would be different.

The_Kiwi_
11-05-2014, 01:19 AM
But that already does happen as atïars actions reverberated to the Reniassance and French Rev. And Ezio reverberated to Achillies story to Connor. Etc etc and so on. I like to see how previous assassins effected the generations after them in different parts of the world. And that can be more. And already has been a part of the historic settings.

Personally I would have rather started with Altïar and worked our way up to Modern Day for the conclusion. Each assassin building off of the last each accomplishing something that sets the stage for the next(which is essentially what we have anyway). Rather than as we have were we started in MD and then go back and forth between random time periods and MD. It would have serves essentially the same purpose only with a clearer progression and a natural chronological order(well not exactly they could still skip around but would have to keep track of the previous/future/potential stories for maintaining continuity)

Either set up requires a conclusion solely in MD or at least a large part in MD. So not much would be different.

With that though, you couldn't go back in time, further than the previous game
You'd have to keep going forward

Namikaze_17
11-05-2014, 01:21 AM

Not many people these days...

Wolfmeister1010
11-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Yesssss i got a free ac unity keyyyyyyyy

DumbGamerTag94
11-05-2014, 02:20 AM

A what now???

ze_topazio
11-05-2014, 02:23 AM

Luck is on your side.

Alphacos007
11-05-2014, 02:33 AM
How, just how.

Hans684
11-05-2014, 05:43 AM

I do, story is fun.

Namikaze_17
11-05-2014, 05:56 AM
I do, story is fun.

+1 ;)

andrew_m50
11-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Those useless memories don't impact anything, we reliving past events. Not living them.

The protagonist isn't important, only what they discovered. The history had already happened, the Animus simulates genetic memories in 3D. We are not "changing" history because it's already happened. It's simulated. The character development would happen anyway but since it's relived the character has developed long before MD and is dead.

It changes everything and that begun with the "wild goose chase" for some mcguffing created by the First Civ. Their artifacts is why history is as it is, they used The Eye to choose a possible future(calculation/alternate realty) where they might save their "tools"(humans) from the upcoming solar flare. Their the starting point of everything in the series, the history is choosen by them, the "actual" characters is their their main tools for the future generations.

Right, becouse destroy ping the series is sooo much better.

Never said they weren't.

How many games to you relive history in? As far as I know, not many but there is many games where we live the history instead.

Oh a connection, then what? Altaïr codex leads to the random mcguffin called the Vatican Vault but to see where is is and how to enter you need the mcguffin Apple Of Eden, one inside you get a message from a First Civ member with the name of Minerva with a message for MD to a bartender named Desmond.
Ezio sending people to the new world doesn't do anything(that we know of).
Edward only got involved because of the the money until he heard about the mcguffin place Observatory, a ship so full of gold he could just split it and go home. If it wasn't for that, them Edward would be just another Pirate. And if he didn't get invoked, then neither would Haytham or Connor since Edward was the first of the Kenway's to take part in the Assassin/Templar war.
Aveline meeting Connor don't do that much, is another connection that dies something. It helped her finding the Company "Man". So she got a chance to "join" the Templars before killing everyone and get a mcguffin message.
Adéwalé meeting Edward impacts becouse it gets him to join the Assassins and years letter gets a box that we don't know what contains.
To early to say about the FR.

So now mcguffins is important, hypocritical. Don't you agree?

Connections without a purpose is just connections going nothing. It's just there, shoehorned so it seems like a big deal. Not completely irrelevant, didn't you say something about some apples of sort above somewhere? Maybe I missed it. It's called a story, try putting down that history book sometimes. You contradict yoused , so MD is irrelevant and the mcguffins they look but the "actual" character messing around with the mcguffins for the lolz is okay. So we live the memories of X protagonist that looks for -irrelevant- mcguffin and hagg around previous protagonist for a connection or collect some old books by a previous protagonist about an -irrelevant- mcguffin that leads to a wild goose hunt for a -irrelevant- mcguffins place.

Not irrelevant, if it wasn't for Ezio's codex. Then Abstergo wouldn't have found or known of Desmond Miles. So he wouldn't have been captured and relived the life of his ancestors.

You never will either, your distaste of it speaks loud enough.

So no purpose or overall arc, sounds like fun.

Exactly.
I would have said nearly the same but my English is not as good as yours. :)
But you have the point. They are just unable to understand that the present day storyline is essential for each AC game. Whether MD is good or bad or whether people hate it or not, it IS essential.

The_Kiwi_
11-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Exactly.
I would have said nearly the same but my English is not as good as yours. :)
But you have the point. They are just unable to understand that the present day storyline is essential for each AC game. Whether MD is good or bad or whether people hate it or not, it IS essential.

Agreed.
I have always said this when talking about MD.
Not matter how bad it is, or how boring or tedious it may be, it is an essential part of Assassin's Creed.

andrew_m50
11-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Not matter how bad it is, or how boring or tedious it may be, it is an essential part of Assassin's Creed.

Yes, and it's obvoius that Ubisoft knows this as well. That's why they keep MD in (almost) every game (Liberation doesn't have, if I remember well).
But it's an other matter that MD's quality level is getting lower and lower...unfortunately.

pirate1802
11-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Hmm, talking about MD. personally I couldn't be arsed about it, that's not what I play the games for, and they've been a tolerance at best. Modern Day is Ubisoft's framing device. Just that. Like in some stories you have a person telling stories, or going into flashbacks. or reading diaries. Each of these can replace MD just as well. I think it was Sushi or Rino who suggested an AC game set in Iraq where a research student discovers long lost journals and thus knows the story of an ancient assassin. Perfect.

Before, in the earlier trilogy plan, it was supposed to be more, when the third and final game was supposed to take place fully in our times. But as it is now, in the new framework, it's little more than that. In each game an excuse is hunted up, used to justify the use of Animus and then promptly disposed of. Some games don't even need an excuse (Abstergo Entertainment!!) Welcome to the Brave New World.

Regarding MD being "more important than historical story because of the artifacts uncovered":
Well there is a difference here between important for the ingame characters and important for us, the players. Sure that so-and-so artifact is important for a some so-and-so dude in the animus, fair enough. But for me the player? Screw all that. Historical part is more important to me, whether it involves some macguffin or not.

And regarding "protagonists are not important, what they discover are..":
That is a neat way to look at things, unfortunately also an archaic one. It used to fit well with the old plan. remember Desmond's story trailer of AC3, yes it fits very well with that. Not afterwards, unfortunately. AC IV had them not looking for anything but just to make a piratey game (that they found something is purely incidental.) Rogue is said to connect the North American Saga. People are excited to see how it all fits together. Right, totally the characters are not important. Ofcourse, they'll hunt up some excuse for the game to exist. Shay will probably find a Condom of Eden or something.. :rolleyes:

But it's an other matter that MD's quality level is getting lower and lower...unfortunately.

Obviously because Ubisoft knows something as well.. :rolleyes: that the historical part is the series' main selling point.

Farlander1991
11-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Before, in the earlier trilogy plan, it was supposed to be more, when the third and final game was supposed to take place fully in our times.

They never were supposed to take place fully in our time, it was just an idea/dream that some people like Phillipe Bergeron and some others had.

joelsantos24
11-05-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't understand how people think AC4's modern day is such a dramatic drop in quality. It's basically just AC1's modern day except you play as an iPad instead of Desmond. It's still got a meta-story or whatever with the Sage and everything.
The drop in quality was evident. The reason for it is also: between AC1-AC3 (less so in AC1, granted), you have a complete story backbone, there is reason, there is purpose, there are knowable characters; in AC4, you're a nobody, working for a Templar entertainment company (WTF?), and all the events of the past are scattered all around the offices, in books and games trademarked by the Templars. Saying the historical component of AC is the paramount component of the series, is correct, but it is so because of modern day. And the purpose for going back in time and explore those memories, is brought on by the predicaments that occur in that time-frame.

Ok I'm just going off people here saying AC1-AC3's approach was so much better than AC4's. I was happy to have a more scaled back modern day seeing as they're obviously not willing to put resources into making a good more expansive modern day. When you half-*** it you end up with AC3 ​shudder
There's no reason for "going off" on people, period. Opinions differ, period.

reading emails and hacking was the worst part of MD for me. I doubt I'll miss it.

Only thing I'll miss is the juno plot progression.
I take it you didn't play Watch Dogs? You'd have loved that... :cool:

Precisely. Enough said.

Agreed.
I have always said this when talking about MD.
I've already said it, but regardless of the boredom it caused me at some points, it always managed to captivate me. I never skipped cutscenes or videos, sometimes they're significant and sometimes not as much. But overall, it was always thrilling. At least, to me.

Hmm, talking about MD. personally I couldn't be arsed about it, that's not what I play the games for, and they've been a tolerance at best. Modern Day is Ubisoft's framing device. Just that. Like in some stories you have a person telling stories, or going into flashbacks. or reading diaries. Each of these can replace MD just as well. I think it was Sushi or Rino who suggested an AC game set in Iraq where a research student discovers long lost journals and thus knows the story of an ancient assassin. Perfect.

Before, in the earlier trilogy plan, it was supposed to be more, when the third and final game was supposed to take place fully in our times. But as it is now, in the new framework, it's little more than that. In each game an excuse is hunted up, used to justify the use of Animus and then promptly disposed of. Some games don't even need an excuse (Abstergo Entertainment!!) Welcome to the Brave New World.

Regarding MD being "more important than historical story because of the artifacts uncovered":
Well there is a difference here between important for the ingame characters and important for us, the players. Sure that so-and-so artifact is important for a some so-and-so dude in the animus, fair enough. But for me the player? Screw all that. Historical part is more important to me, whether it involves some macguffin or not.

And regarding "protagonists are not important, what they discover are..":
That is a neat way to look at things, unfortunately also an archaic one. It used to fit well with the old plan. remember Desmond's story trailer of AC3, yes it fits very well with that. Not afterwards, unfortunately. AC IV had them not looking for anything but just to make a piratey game (that they found something is purely incidental.) Rogue is said to connect the North American Saga. People are excited to see how it all fits together. Right, totally the characters are not important. Ofcourse, they'll hunt up some excuse for the game to exist. Shay will probably find a Condom of Eden or something.. :rolleyes:

Obviously because Ubisoft knows something as well.. :rolleyes: that the historical part is the series' main selling point.
As it was already abundantly referred, the historical component, despite being adamant to the series, doesn't have purpose or meaning, without a meaningful modern day story. That's it, period. Why so? Because the problems we face in the historical context, are not exclusive to that time-frame, Templars exist in modern day and they're all over the place, trying out their schemes. In other words, action must be divided between the historical and modern day contexts, and that's inevitable.

We buy games, because they're significant to us, the stories are significant to us. People have fun with games, because they're pulled into the thick of it and so are able to explore and experience its events. Modern day action gives purpose, gives meaning, gives significance to the whole plot, and its basically what glues it all together.

There are no journals, there are no books, there's only the Animus, used by descends of the historical figures and so related to them. That's the reason for experiencing the historical contents, that's the purpose, and obviously it also represents the medium to do so. And the protagonists are equally important as their findings and actions. Saying the premisse changed with AC4, is merely stating the obvious. Reducing the modern day impact on the global storyline, was just another way of saying they're (Ubisoft) lazy. If they want to be blatantly more efficient with their resources, then they should probably stop releasing AC games every year and focus instead on making/releasing one every four or five years.

andrew_m50
11-05-2014, 10:59 AM
I've already said it, but regardless of the boredom it caused me at some points, it always managed to captivate me. I never skipped cutscenes or videos, sometimes they're significant and sometimes not as much. But overall, it was always thrilling. At least, to me.

Good to see that there are still gamers who don't just play because the game is good, but they can look behind game and understand the real meaning of the story.

Regarding Unity's MD line:
I'll miss the interaction so much, but if there will be enough videos to
- tell about the activities of assassins and templars
- get more information about Juno's plans/presence
then I could dig it.

pirate1802
11-05-2014, 11:19 AM
The drop in quality was evident. The reason for it is also: between AC1-AC3 (less so in AC1, granted), you have a complete story backbone, there is reason, there is purpose, there are knowable characters; in AC4, you're a nobody, working for a Templar entertainment company (WTF?), and all the events of the past are scattered all around the offices, in books and games trademarked by the Templars. Saying the historical component of AC is the paramount component of the series, is correct, but it is so because of modern day. And the purpose for going back in time and explore those memories, is brought on by the predicaments that occur in that time-frame

Yet in AC1 you could do nothing more than walk around and take an occasional peak. In AC IV you could find a buttload of info. Drop in quality is evident indeed..

There's no reason for "going off" on people, period. Opinions differ, period.

I think by going off he meant basing his opinion on, people. Not going off at people.

As it was already abundantly referred, the historical component, despite being adamant to the series, doesn't have purpose or meaning, without a meaningful modern day story. That's it, period. Why so? Because the problems we face in the historical context, are not exclusive to that time-frame, Templars exist in modern day and they're all over the place, trying out their schemes. In other words, action must be divided between the historical and modern day contexts, and that's inevitable.

Obviously, because such a thing already exists that we think so. If AC consisted of 100% past, or the MD story just consisted of people finding out the stories through books/journals, I'd not stop to think "hey! there's no modern day part of it. This **** is crap!" Only because such a component already exists, that we feel at loss at its possible removal. There's nothing inevitable about MD. There are plenty of historical games without corresponding MD parts.

We buy games, because they're significant to us, the stories are significant to us. People have fun with games, because they're pulled into the thick of it and so are able to explore and experience its events. Modern day action gives purpose, gives meaning, gives significance to the whole plot, and its basically what glues it all together.

there is no need to. The games can work well-enough as standalone experiences without the supposedly almighty glue holding it. Infact I'd argue it would be better this way than an embarrassingly convoluted MD giving us so-called "reasons" to explore the past. I believe that hugeass franchises, like AC has become, invariably have convoluted main stories. Better have then stand alone than have that embarrassment.

There are no journals, there are no books, there's only the Animus, used by descends of the historical figures and so related to them. That's the reason for experiencing the historical contents, that's the purpose, and obviously it also represents the medium to do so.

-__-
Again, obviously, because that's the way they chose to do it. I was saying it could work equally well with any of those other framing devices as well.

Saying the premisse changed with AC4,

No the premise changed when they decided to ditch the original plan of AC1(Altair)-AC2(Ezio)-AC3(Desmond).

is merely stating the obvious. Reducing the modern day impact on the global storyline, was just another way of saying they're (Ubisoft) lazy.

You are assuming I'm trying to defend them here. :p

The_Kiwi_
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Was Desmond planned to be the only protagonist of AC3?
No Connor or anything?

Farlander1991
11-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Was Desmond planned to be the only protagonist of AC3?
No Connor or anything?

The idea was toyed with as a possibility, and some people thought/hoped it would be the case, but it never was an actual part of the plan. Just like Ezio wasn't a concrete part of the plan originally as well, but just some other guy in another time period.

We know that American Revolution is Desilets' idea for a setting that they came up with during AC2 development for the future AC game. Despite ACR/ACIII being developed without him, ACIV is the first AC game that was developed without any form of input from the guy or his old ideas.

The_Kiwi_
11-05-2014, 11:37 AM
The idea was toyed with as a possibility, and some people thought/hoped it would be the case, but it never was an actual part of the plan. Just like Ezio wasn't a concrete part of the plan originally as well, but just some other guy in another time period.

We know that American Revolution is Desilets' idea for a setting that they came up with during AC2 development for the future AC game. Despite ACR/ACIII being developed without him, ACIV is the first AC game that was developed without any form of input from the guy or his old ideas.

Huh, that's very interesting, thank you!
I'm having a hard time seeing a Desmond only game though
Because all Desmond sequences didn't have a HUD as it was an "animus mechanic", so Ubisoft couldn't just put a HUD in a Desmond game

Farlander1991
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Speaking of MD and everything.
a) MD is NOT necessary for the historical part stories to work. The concept of an eternal war between Assassins and Templars allows for connectivity between the series even without a framing device.
b) That said, I personally consider Animus to be one of the best elements in the AC series. Not only it allows us to go anywhere, it's also an in-universe explanation of every game mechanic (so there's no stuff like, 'why is he racing thieves when he needs to go save Sforza?' because if we play that way doesn't mean the ancestor has done it that way) that allows for tons of creativity (unlocking repressed memories, hidden hacked memories, time anomalies, whatnot).
c) However, it is true that, for the MD, only the last memory is the one that matters, the reveal about the MacGuffin. For MD the lives of Altair/Ezio/Connor/Edward don't matter, we go through them as a necessity to get to the MacGuffin.
d) Which is not a bad thing in and of itself, however several things are required for this to work properly, especially in a game with a main MD protagonist like Desmond (i.e. somebody who's got to have a character arc):
d.1) A thematic connection between the past and the present. They tried to do that in a way, i.e. Desmond's training in AC2 connected to Ezio's training and growth in that game, or the Father/Son relationship in AC3, however the connection was mild at best (Desmond didn't gain anything but skills from Ezio's life - it didn't really change him much, and it doesn't seem that Haytham/Connor has really influenced William/Desmond, they seemed to be going their own ways separately). The Desmond AC game that does this best is ACR. We have there three main Assassins figuring out what to do with their lives and what it means to be an Assassin and if they are willing to take upon that path until the very end or do they want to let it go, and they directly influence one another while taking different choices. It's got a beautiful thematic connection.
d.2) I actually forgot what I wanted to say here while I was writing the previous part. Damn. Maybe I'll remember later :D

Sushiglutton
11-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I really wish people would stop saying that without MD the historical parts will become pointless. Either way the game is a fictional story, no more, no less. Determining the "point" of a fictional story solely based on how it is structured is plain silly.

Let me ask you this: What is the point of the MD plot? It's just a series of events without any higher purpose. Would it become more meaningful if it turned out that someone from the future was reliving Desmond's memories?

pirate1802
11-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Let me ask you this: What is the point of the MD plot? It's just a series of events without any higher purpose. Would it become more meaningful if it turned out that someone from the future was reliving Desmond's memories?

Hah, checkmate!

joelsantos24
11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Yet in AC1 you could do nothing more than walk around and take an occasional peak. In AC IV you could find a buttload of info. Drop in quality is evident indeed.
Well, I did mention AC1 was different.

Obviously, because such a thing already exists that we think so. If AC consisted of 100% past, or the MD story just consisted of people finding out the stories through books/journals, I'd not stop to think "hey! there's no modern day part of it. This **** is crap!" Only because such a component already exists, that we feel at loss at its possible removal. There's nothing inevitable about MD. There are plenty of historical games without corresponding MD parts.
Naturally. The premisse behind the AC series is precisely to journey through the memories of one's ancestors. That's it. How is it done? Through the Animus. Changing the premisse half-way into the game, is just Ubisoft telling us they're lazy, like I said. They mass-produce a franchise, and then excuse themselves with the lack of resources, for not being able to further develop that storyline. The modern day story wasn't changed in AC4 because it had become convoluted and insanely complex, it did because they didn't want to create a modern day context as intricate as the historical one, as was done in AC2, Brotherhood and AC3.

there is no need to. The games can work well-enough as standalone experiences without the supposedly almighty glue holding it. Infact I'd argue it would be better this way than an embarrassingly convoluted MD giving us so-called "reasons" to explore the past. I believe that hugeass franchises, like AC has become, invariably have convoluted main stories. Better have then stand alone than have that embarrassment.
But AC doesn't. It started with a fundamental premisse and you can't simply change it, just to suit your current purposes. If changes are indeed necessary, its because they're greedy and want to release a game every single year. Perhaps if they took their time and released one every 4 years or so, the games wouldn't have so many bugs and could be far more developed, in every context.

No the premise changed when they decided to ditch the original plan of AC1(Altair)-AC2(Ezio)-AC3(Desmond).
Well, that's subjective. Much can be said now about the possible plan at the time.

You are assuming I'm trying to defend them here. :p
Actually no, I just think that's the fundamental part of the problem.

TMS-GAMERS
11-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Who is Thomas de Carneillon ?

Layytez
11-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I really wish people would stop saying that without MD the historical parts will become pointless. Either way the game is a fictional story, no more, no less. Determining the "point" of a fictional story solely based on how it is structured is plain silly.

Take the MD out and there is no "reliving". It just becomes a historical game with some purpose and reasoning being taken out. The POE would be useless aswell so you gotta take those out of the game too.

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Take the MD out and there is no "reliving". It just becomes a historical game with some purpose and reasoning being taken out. The POE would be useless aswell so you gotta take those out of the game too.

Drop the MD doesn't necessarily mean drop everything and just stick with the past, it means drop the ongoing story that isn't going anywhere and (IMO) it won't get better because of its poor presentation due to lack of resources, we can still have the animus to justify the HUD elements and other things, we just don't need a complicated story like we have now...

POEs wouldn't be pointless because they don't exist solely because of the Modern Days, they serve a purpose during the ancestors time as much as they do in the modern days or do you think Torres or Al Mualim were after those respective POEs because they knew they would serve a higher purpose to someone in the future?

here's how I think the MD should be handled from now on:

we press start, a white room (loading screen) appear, a voice tell us that we were hired to test a new machine that is capable of extract the memories of our ancestors from our DNA (Animus), we never heard about the outside world again apart from a few database entries where they explain how the Animus works and some details about TWCB and POEs and voila! The HUD and all the futuristic elements (collectibles, etc) we might see in the game are justified, no need for half-assed MD story.

superkootje
11-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm sure this is posted somewhere but i'm to lazy to search;
Can I play the full story withouth having to play co-op and not miss out on anything? (Aside from the fact that i'm missing out on co-op playing).
It's just that I dont have that many friends that are going to buy AC:U, heck I don't even have that much friends that own a PS4.
And playing with randoms always frustrates the crap out of me... grrr,,,

Alphacos007
11-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm sure this is posted somewhere but i'm to lazy to search;
Can I play the full story withouth having to play co-op and not miss out on anything? (Aside from the fact that i'm missing out on co-op playing).
It's just that I dont have that many friends that are going to buy AC:U, heck I don't even have that much friends that own a PS4.
And playing with randoms always frustrates the crap out of me... grrr,,,

Yes, everything can be done on solo.

superkootje
11-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Yes, everything can be done on solo.

Thanks for feeding my laziness :D

Sushiglutton
11-05-2014, 08:30 PM

There is nothing "just" about a historcial game. A fictional story set in the present, or past, or a combination of both can be equally meaningful. You don't get a more meaningful narrative by splitting it in two. I can understand where the illusion comes from, but it's a fallacy.

The POEs would not be meaningless if MD was cut as they were instruments of power back in the day as well. Altair and Al Mualim were not aware of that there would be a guy named Desmond sometime in the future. And yet they fought over POEs.

Farlander1991
11-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I find it weird how yearly releases are called by some people the reason why there's not enough resources for MD, and that without yearly releases we would have more extensive MD.

While yearly releases certainly can make a things when it comes to planning a story (and they did make a mess of things in Desmond's saga), let's not forget that it is precisely during yearly releases that we got the two most extensive MD sections: ACB and AC3, and the second most extensive MD section in the form of AC4. And those games that were released while the franchise wasn't yearly have the second smallest MD sections: AC1 and AC2. The smallest one is ACR, but hey, 75% of the yearly released have more MD stuff than all of the non-yearly releases.

SchlechterWolf
11-05-2014, 11:18 PM
The modern day plot died with Lucy Stillman and they've been dancing over its grave ever since. There really isn't much else to it.

The post above outlines how the 'yearly releases' featured the most modern day, but is it not maddeningly ironic that had Brotherhood and Revelations not featured modern day sections, the modern day plot would actually have been in a far healthier place upon the release of Assassin's Creed III?

You have no choice but to come to terms with the fact that Assassin's Creed will never be as great as it should be, and could so easily have been had they not gone out of their damn way to mess up the plot, but if you overlook or excuse their embarrassingly flaccid attempts to come up with a compelling modern day aspect because you don't think it's an integral part of the franchise, then you're missing the whole point of Assassin's Creed.

But anyway it is what it is now so I guess all anyone can hope for is that they manage to dodge the issue of the modern day as elegantly as possible.

Farlander1991
11-05-2014, 11:47 PM
The post above outlines how the 'yearly releases' featured the most modern day, but is it not maddeningly ironic that had Brotherhood andRevelations not featured modern day sections, the modern day plot would actually have been in a far healthier place upon the release ofAssassin's Creed III?

Would it, though? I'd argue that thanks to AC2, it wouldn't.

Not only did AC2 didn't do any progression on the main Assassin vs Templar plot from AC1 (that being the Satellite launch conflict), it had a big twist at the end regarding the Solar Flare. So Assassin's Creed III would've had to deal with:
a) The Satellite main plot (means preventing Abstergo from getting whichever artifact they need and they have a map)
b) The Solar Flare other main plot (means finding the temple mentioned in AC2 and getting information on how to stop the flare)
c) Desmond's Bleeding Effect subplot
d) Desmond accepting his destiny as an Assassin character arc (otherwise he'd literally have none as AC2 barely did anything to him)
e) As this was their plan when they developed AC2, Lucy's allegiance (although that is one of the things that can easily go to the cutting floor).

Now, there is a way to ease up the load, like let's say having the Satellite being the only way to stop the flare (and therefore Desmond being at a tough moral choice), but that's still an awful ton of stuff. All the subplot stuff was basically handled (doesn't matter how poorly at the moment, the fact is they were) by ACB/ACR, though they did also introduce some other subplots there, like the father/son relationship and the like, but they weren't that prominent. The thing is, even being able to have full focus on the two main plotlines without the old subplots from AC1/AC2, AC3 was messed up.

The modern day plot's biggest fault is that it decided it can tackle two main plotlines at once. It should've been just a single main plotline, with a couple of subplots, and AC2 should've done something to actually progress things forward. Desmond gains skills there, yes, but nothing happens to the plot until the very end.

The_Kiwi_
11-06-2014, 01:39 AM
What is up with this?? People are playing the game on PS4 already...
http://oi58.tinypic.com/359bm1e.jpg
http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/assassins-creed-unity-ps4

Farlander1991
11-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Broken street date in some stores in France.

Which is why there was a lot of leaks in the past days.

Alphacos007
11-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Yea, those are the 3 guys that have been leaking a lot of stuff recently. Some store from France ended up releasing the games before the right time. Wish it was here...

The_Kiwi_
11-06-2014, 02:41 AM
France jumped the gun...

GoldenBoy9999
11-06-2014, 02:59 AM
France jumped the gun...

They were so excited to explore their very own Paris.

The_Kiwi_
11-06-2014, 03:03 AM
They were so excited to explore their very own Paris.

Because God forbid they go outside and do that; it's as if they don't know it's in their backyard :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
11-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Not everybody in France lives in Paris.

The_Kiwi_
11-06-2014, 03:16 AM
not everybody in france lives in paris.

shush.

pirate1802
11-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Well, I did mention AC1 was different.

As in worse?

Naturally. The premisse behind the AC series is precisely to journey through the memories of one's ancestors.

Indeed, but say someone someday creates a game where one "views" the past lives of their ancestors by reading journals left behind by them. How would such a game differ from AC, except for having a different framing device instead of the Animus? You can say that oh, but they are just reading books so it wouldn't be as real as actually reliving memories but that's just hogwash.

In a fictional world, reliving memories by reading books is just as much effective as the Animus or freaking actually time travelling to that time.

Changing the premisse half-way into the game, is just Ubisoft telling us they're lazy.

better admit you're lazy than come up with another Desmond, **** it up five years later and invite the wrath of fans all over again.

The modern day story wasn't changed in AC4 because it had become convoluted and insanely complex, it did because they didn't want to create a modern day context as intricate as the historical one, as was done in AC2, Brotherhood and AC3.

No actually, that's impossible, yearly releases or not. Creating as intricate a content as the historical part would require as much resources as the hirtorical part. AC2, Brotherhood and AC3 had by no means equal content. The modern day had what, at best 10% playtime and even smaller playing area, that of a building, some linear spaces compared to 2-3 open cities.

Perhaps if they took their time and released one every 4 years or so, the games wouldn't have so many bugs and could be far more developed, in every context.

Dunno man, I've played many games that took two to three times an AC game's dev time and are far, far, far more buggy. I won't even put AC on list of all the buggy and broken games. But maybe it's just that I've been lucky. As for releasing a game every four years, that's too much a delay. personally 2.5-to 3 years should be the ideal gap. Even though, given that you want a game properly developed in every context, double that time to 5-6 years. or, like Unity took 4 years to develop.. make it 8 years. One-game-per-generation franchise. :)

andrew_m50
11-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Even though, given that you want a game properly developed in every context, double that time to 5-6 years. or, like Unity took 4 years to develop.. make it 8 years. One-game-per-generation franchise. :)

The issue is there where Ubisoft is developping 3-4 (or maybe more?) AC games parallel at the same time. Again the money orientated milking cow effect! They have to share their resources which means that the quality of the final product is divided.
Remember the difference between AC and ACII in a highly positive way? They developped only one game (or maybe even Brotherhood) so they could concentrate or focus only on ACII. It showed its result.

Ureh
11-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Cover for the Art of ACU:https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/000_bp1iYt9.jpg.jpgLooks so awesome! I'm gonna try really hard to make this my first Titan artbook.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
That looks really fantastic!!

ACfan443
11-07-2014, 01:47 AM
So there's a guy on some gaming forum who obtained a copy of Unity a few days early and is giving his impressions
No spoilers so far, it's gameplay and performance talk: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/277935-assassins-creed-unity/page-9#entry10115534
Here's his post on neogaf
I got an early copy of this for Xbone. If you want to see my impressions check out the AC Unity thread on rllmukforum.com. I'm posting under the same username.

In a nutshell, performance on Xbone veers between just-about acceptable and really horrible. The framerate drops to AC1 on PS3 levels frequently. Crowds tank the framerate, LOD pop-in is horrible.

Mission design thus far is weak, movement is awkward, combat is awkward, it has microtransactions for revealing map content (called "helix points"). The player earns "Creed points" for doing mindless everyday AC stuff like vanishing. They can spend their Creed points on upgrades. Normal AC skills like sitting on a bench, throwing bags of money and double assassinations are hidden behind the new upgrade system.

There is a full COD style loadout system where you can purchase new hats and what not. They give bonuses to stealth, health, melee and ranged.

Co-op is not drop in, it's entered by walking to a co-op mission on the map and entering matchmaking for a specific mission.

During my three hours with the game I saw a litany of small bugs, animation issues, scripting problems and mission flaws. I finished the first assassination by sprinting from mission start in a straight line at the target and then sprinting back to mission start.

Assassination missions have sub objectives to gain "assassination opportunities" whereby missions can be finished in different ways. They are very straightforward, inorganic and "shopping list" in nature.

The first "rift" was jarring and out of place, involving anachronistic landmarks for the sake of it.

What do people want to know?

Edit - going to bed shortly but will answer questions when I wake up. Midnight here :)

OpticSpecs
11-07-2014, 02:07 AM
So there's a guy on some gaming forum who obtained a copy of Unity a few days early and is giving his impressions
No spoilers so far, it's gameplay and performance talk: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/277935-assassins-creed-unity/page-9#entry10115534
Here's his post on neogaf

Unity probably hasn't even updated,
the update should fix most of that, why else would they release it two weeks later.

Layytez
11-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Unity probably hasn't even updated,
the update should fix most of that, why else would they release it two weeks later.
He said he got a patch and was still like that.

OpticSpecs
11-07-2014, 02:17 AM
He said he got a patch and was still like that.

Did he say how big the patch was?

Fauux01
11-07-2014, 02:39 AM
...Wow, the guy clearly loves the game. :rolleyes:

He's having such a good time that's he's putting it on Ebay tomorrow for others to enjoy.

The_Kiwi_
11-07-2014, 02:43 AM

He's having such a good time that's he's putting it on Ebay tomorrow for others to enjoy.

Really??

I wonder how much someone will be willing to pay in order to play it a few days early...

Assassin_M
11-07-2014, 03:29 AM

"Hey, guys. This game sucks so so so bad, you better get Shadow of Mordor instead, oh by the way, you wanna buy this game that sucks so so so bad?"

Oh and, he's probably lying about the patch too. Not defending Unity here, his story just reeks of hear-tell.

JustPlainQuirky
11-07-2014, 03:34 AM
Someone ask him if Connor is in Unity, lol.

I-Like-Pie45
11-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Well Stephane Champeau appears

I'm playing the game right now on my Nintendo Wii 4DU in my man-crib on the Blood Moon.

he dies after Arno accidentally pushes him with shoddy NPC interaction mechanics and he trips over a rock

The_Kiwi_
11-07-2014, 03:42 AM
"Hey, guys. This game sucks so so so bad, you better get Shadow of Mordor instead, oh by the way, you wanna buy this game that sucks so so so bad?"

Oh and, he's probably lying about the patch too. Not defending Unity here, his story just reeks of hear-tell.

Yeah I don't believe him
Why would Ubisoft upload a patch for a game that isn't actually available yet?

Well Stephane Champeau appears

I'm playing the game right now on my Nintendo Wii 4DU in my man-crib on the Blood Moon.

he dies after Arno accidentally pushes him with shoddy NPC interaction mechanics and he trips over a rock

Sounds a lot like those thieves that desync the mission after tripping over rocks and falling into the Venetian canals...

Layytez
11-07-2014, 04:00 AM
I have downloaded patches for games that have not been released in the past.

Assassin_M
11-07-2014, 04:02 AM
I have downloaded patches for games that have not been released in the past.
Same here. It's just that it never happened for an AC game. that and the reeking of hear-tell. I actually agree with a lot of what he says. the checklists, the running and assassinating but i think he's most likely improvising on what he's heard and watched and Neogaf is just there to eat it all up.

Layytez
11-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Same here. It's just that it never happened for an AC game. that and the reeking of hear-tell. I actually agree with a lot of what he says. the checklists, the running and assassinating but i think he's most likely improvising on what he's heard and watched and Neogaf is just there to eat it all up.
Yeah. Looks like he's just trying to add more fuel to the fire. We shall all find out soon enough.

Assassin_M
11-07-2014, 04:17 AM
Yeah. Looks like he's just trying to add more fuel to the fire. We shall all find out soon enough.
Indeed.

Kermi81
11-07-2014, 04:19 AM
I really don't think that Ubisoft would be promoting the big livestream if the game is as buggy and broken as he says. I get the feeling that even if this game has absolutely no issues that the "community" will still hate on it.

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2014, 04:21 AM
Notice how the only mission he talks about is the one that has already been shown in a demo to millions of people..

lol...patch my ***. This guy is full of crap..

And as far as the "checklists" go..it may not be as developed as dishonored but it seems to be at least a lot better than previous games assassinations.

Not to mention how many different pathways there are. I am sure you can CHOOSE to just run in and assassinate if you want..just like you can with Dishonored if you so desire.

Anyway:

So as you all know…the reception of Unity from various people has been quite..varied.

Some people who have the game early say it is the best AC ever, compared to AC2 even. While some say it is a large step backwards from AC4.

The hands on reviewers either said the game was glorious and fresh, or sluggish, awkward and weird.

It is easy to focus on the negative and become paranoid, but try to think about it this way:

AC4 was basically the epitome of all the good things of ALL the past AC games and trashed most of the bad things. It was easy for long time AC gamers to get used to it.

However..AC Unity is going through a COMPLETELY different approach.

It is quite strange to hear that some people call the combat wonderful while others call it horrible. Same goes for parkour.

My advice is to not think about other peoples’ opinions and just wait to play the game yourself, but it is really obvious here that AC Unity is basically the game that separates the fan base into the two distinct groups-one that is more hardcore, and one that is not so much. All the past AC games have been a sort of a blend, but AC Unity is really drying a wedge.

What I see are some people who are berating the combat as sluggish and not fun. When delving deeper into their words, it becomes obvious that they do not like it because of how it is “not as fast as previous games” or how it isn’t as flashy or it feels sluggish. This is because these players miss the ability to chop through endless enemies in a quick and easy fashion. They miss the flashy counter kill animations and double counters. They miss the satisfaction of killstreaks.

They say that is is sluggish as if it is a “bad” thing..while many people view it as a plus- because that is how combat is supposed to be..it just feels “sluggish” because they compare it to previous AC games and can not destroy everyone they see with ease anymore.

The same goes for parkour. It looks and FEELS totally different. People call it “awkward” because it isn’t like previous games. Note how all the people who call it awkward are the ones who have played it for a few hours..while those who praise it all have played through it for a lot of the game.

Same goes for people who complain about how things like double assassinations and other skills need to be acquired through progress.

Basically, the main theme here is:

People are *******s.

Welcome to the gaming world everyone.

Where people complain and complain about how AC is so repetitive and then get angry when the things they take for granted change. They are so used to just jumping into an AC game an killing ALLL the guards with their double hidden blades and killstreaks and double assassinations and guns they have from the start that they get so damned angry when this time around they have to work for it.

Has anyone went into depth really about the side missions? Or the dynamic encounters? Or the size and scope of the city? Barely. Because that stuff doesn’t matter to them. Basically, they plug in the game, play for a few hours, and complain away about the things they couldn’t do n the first few hours simply because it isn;t like previous games.

Sorry, I got a little pissed off..but basically, what I am trying to tell you guys..is that try to cleanse your pallet before playing this game..go at it as if you have never played an AC game before..play it like it is meant to be: the revamp and restart to the franchise. Otherwise you will find yourself in the trap of constantly comparing it to itself and to past games..if that makes sense.

Fauux01
11-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Basically, the main theme here is:

People are *******s.

Welcome to the gaming world everyone.

Where people complain and complain about how AC is so repetitive and then get angry when the things they take for granted change. They are so used to just jumping into an AC game an killing ALLL the guards with their double hidden blades and killstreaks and double assassinations and guns they have from the start that they get so damned angry when this time around they have to work for it.

Has anyone went into depth really about the side missions? Or the dynamic encounters? Or the size and scope of the city? Barely. Because that stuff doesn’t matter to them. Basically, they plug in the game, play for a few hours, and complain away about the things they couldn’t do n the first few hours simply because it isn;t like previous games.

Sorry, I got a little pissed off..but basically, what I am trying to tell you guys..is that try to cleanse your pallet before playing this game..go at it as if you have never played an AC game before..play it like it is meant to be: the revamp and restart to the franchise.

My man.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g322/Sugarsandrainbows/GIFs/e6u4ok.gif

I-Like-Pie45
11-07-2014, 05:04 AM
All y'alls, I'm ab-so-lute-tely hyped for U-nee-tee!

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2014, 05:20 AM
LOL read more into his neogaf post..he is complaining about how he keeps jumping up on stuff in interiors...

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HOLD DOWN THE PARKOUR?RUN BUTTON IN SMALL DENSE INTERIORS

ALSO: SPOILER about Arno's robes (gameplay spoiler not story)

"arno's original robes" are the short ones..but some of the outfit pieces in the game have "tailored" or "improved" versions. Arno's "tailored" chest piece is the longer robes seen in early demos

Layytez
11-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Annnd we now know who killed Arno's father. Watch out for spoilers.

pirate1802
11-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Lol,sometimes I really think what Haytham said about humans being fit to be slaves is true. This herd mentality pisses me off to hell and back. Would people be *****ing about graphics so much if this was not already a fashionable thing? If trashing AC and Ubisoft in general was not an 'in' thing these days? Maybe the hipsters at neogaf would but then again I don't gaf about neogaf. I just think these days hate gets amplified more and more because people are all too willing to **** on the latest target and appear cool.

Also full marks for describing customization as CoD-style, hence implying that's bad.

Kermi81
11-07-2014, 06:20 AM
the hipster mentallity:
Pre ACU: OH MY GAWD!!!! Assassins Creed is so ****, it's Assassins Creed not warriors creed.
After ACU reveal: Why can't i combo kill?!?! this is the worst AC game ever.

Ureh
11-07-2014, 09:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVXyftXC3Q

VitoAuditore
11-07-2014, 10:43 PM
theres something ive been wondering about the last few days. when you play co-op and look at another player's face- do you still see arno's face or is it a random face?

SHADOWGARVIN
11-07-2014, 10:46 PM
theres something ive been wondering about the last few days. when you play co-op and look at another player's face- do you still see arno's face or is it a random face?

Random assassin's face. You see yourself as Arno.

GreatBeyonder
11-07-2014, 10:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVXyftXC3Q

I do NOT make that face when gaming...

VitoAuditore
11-07-2014, 10:58 PM
second that. I make weird sex faces while gaming.

The_Kiwi_
11-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Random assassin's face. You see yourself as Arno.

Are you sure? In gameplay I've seen, everyone looks like Arno

VitoAuditore
11-07-2014, 11:12 PM
^this. I thought it would be a random face too, but from what ive seen it looks like arno when you check out another player. thats why I was wondering :p

SHADOWGARVIN
11-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Are you sure? In gameplay I've seen, everyone looks like Arno

If they didn't change it. They've said this a lot in interviews. Everyone plays as Arno, but your co-op players look like random assassins. Except their clothes.

RzaRecta357
11-08-2014, 01:15 AM
So, any word on customizing him with a beard at least?

MakimotoJin
11-08-2014, 02:58 AM

I've seen a lot of gameplay,and I saw only clothing customizing.

Fauux01
11-08-2014, 03:08 AM

We should make a petition for this to be in the next game. :eek:

Supa323
11-08-2014, 03:43 AM
After watching streams it looks like the feature is missing. I haven't seen anyone do it nor did I ever see the prompt to allow it. Please tell me they didn't remove this from a stealth game. Does anyone know?

avk111
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Ok so this is not related to the previous conversations,

But I want to ask / speculate anyway,

Forgive me for I have sinned , I have watched the walkthroughs for Unity up untill Arno's birth into the brotherhood and I have some questions and speculations:

It is very clear that Elise's father killed Arno's father during the beginning and I think this will be the main confrontation for Arno in the end, Elise may have known and even helped her father to stir Arno away from where he was scheduled to "wait", thus in conclusion, killing Arno's father, How will this be the conforntation for Arno ? I think its because he love Elise and thats why he joined the brotherhood to redeem himself claim her back as his lover , but eventually both of them will fight (after they have assassinated the master villian) on who is the rightfull leader for France, and it is here where I think that Arno undesirably kills Elise for the sake of the brotherhood.

Hope that made sense.

pirate1802
11-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Ok so this is not related to the previous conversations,

But I want to ask / speculate anyway,

Forgive me for I have sinned , I have watched the walkthroughs for Unity up untill Arno's birth into the brotherhood and I have some questions and speculations:

It is very clear that Elise's father killed Arno's father during the beginning and I think this will be the main confrontation for Arno in the end, Elise may have known and even helped her father to stir Arno away from where he was scheduled to "wait", thus in conclusion, killing Arno's father, How will this be the conforntation for Arno ? I think its because he love Elise and thats why he joined the brotherhood to redeem himself claim her back as his lover , but eventually both of them will fight (after they have assassinated the master villian) on who is the rightfull leader for France, and it is here where I think that Arno undesirably kills Elise for the sake of the brotherhood.

Hope that made sense.

Rogue spoilers:
Well.. Rogue's ending shows that it is Shay who kills Arno's father. So that means Shay is Elise's father? Wasn't that denied somewhere?

avk111
11-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Rogue spoilers:
Well.. Rogue's ending shows that it is Shay who kills Arno's father. So that means Shay is Elise's father? Wasn't that denied somewhere?

Thats interesting didnt know that before hand :) are you sure about Shay's role in your spoiler ?

I just hope they dont pull a massive plot twist with Arno's initiation to the brotherhood , it would feel like poor plot design.

GreatBeyonder
11-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I could actually see Arno joining the Templars first before reconsidering, which would certainly explain his need for redemption.

pirate1802
11-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Thats interesting didnt know that before hand :) are you sure about Shay's role in your spoiler ?]

Aye. Saw it with my own eyes too.

Mr_Shade
11-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Right...

If you are posting spoilers [or things you think are] - please use the spoiler tags.. that also goes for replying to posts with spoilers in - you guys are dropping potental spoilers everywhere..

There are some things that have been posted - that if true, could ruin a game for people..

I'm not going to edit posts again, so consider that your only warning - even though the pinned thread is VERY clear.

Next time posts are deleted and people banned.

avk111
11-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Aye. Saw it with my own eyes too.

Thats Clever, Im just going to have to wait and see it when I get Rogue , as for Unity , Arno's initiation is fantastic :)

I loved it when: SPOILER

Ok I cant find the spoiler symbol , how do I insert it here ?

Fauux01
11-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Thats Clever, Im just going to have to wait and see it when I get Rogue , as for Unity , Arno's initiation is fantastic :)

I loved it when: SPOILER

Ok I cant find the spoiler symbol , how do I insert it here ?

How to spoiler:

[spoiler ]insert spoiler[/spoiler ]

Just remove the space between the r and ].

Mr_Shade
11-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Or, better yet.. read the pinned thread, which explains everything - since it also needs reading anyway.. ;)

avk111
11-08-2014, 11:29 AM
How to spoiler:

insert spoiler[/spoiler ]

Just remove the space between the r and ].

Thanks,

Anyway I loved it when

[spoiler]Arno's mentor was shocked that Arno can see the images on the wall, I was ROFSmiling

Hans684
11-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Not going to speculate on it since the game is almost out and I don't want spoilers either. Here it is:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10734218_210867305772022_6450453327839538473_n.jpg ?oh=3095490e018baf99e4aff2a99d4f1dcf&oe=54E8FA41&__gda__=1428099321_406a451164db396e3bcab6450f11748 6&dl=1

dimbismp
11-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Huge ACRo spoilers,regarding ACU:
Well,Shay kills Arno's father at the end of ACU.He also says that the Templars will ignite another revolution(the french revolution),after the assassins were successful in the events of AC3.Dorian also mentions Connor.But,Shay is NOT elise's father.De la Serre is another person.So,what i believe/hope is that Shay will appear in ACU,even taking a major role in the story.

dimbismp
11-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Not going to speculate on it since the game is almost out and I don't want spoilers either. Here it is:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10734218_210867305772022_6450453327839538473_n.jpg ?oh=3095490e018baf99e4aff2a99d4f1dcf&oe=54E8FA41&__gda__=1428099321_406a451164db396e3bcab6450f11748 6&dl=1

This reminds me of a place in Skyrim

pirate1802
11-08-2014, 01:39 PM

The dwarven underground during the college of mages mission right? Moving orbs with magic.

Layytez
11-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Where did you get that pic ?

Hans684
11-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Where did you get that pic ?

Access The Animus on Facebook.

oliacr
11-08-2014, 06:22 PM
The dwarven underground during the college of mages mission right? Moving orbs with magic.

Exactly.

Hans684
11-08-2014, 06:27 PM

But does it have the Xbox logo like this art?

MakimotoJin
11-08-2014, 06:38 PM
But does it have the Xbox logo like this art?

Took me a while to find it.

Ureh
11-08-2014, 07:50 PM

Yeah Tower of Mzulft in Blackreach.

Megas_Doux
11-08-2014, 08:00 PM
It reminds me of Tomb Raider IV the Last Revelation, Lost Library level;

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rfPzRrKNc2o/maxresdefault.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
11-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Guys..I am SOOOOOOOO happy.Watching some gameplay..you CAN turn off literally EVERYTHING

from weapon streaks to enemy highlights to blending circle

Alphacos007
11-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Guys..I am SOOOOOOOO happy.Watching some gameplay..you CAN turn off literally EVERYTHING

Are you sure about that? Because I saw more than one person saying that you cannot turn the weapon streaks and the blending circle off. Damn, highlighted enemys off would be awesome if true.

HypeR.tgL
11-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Wolfmeister, do you mind PM'ing me that video, just for proof :P.

Mainly because there's peeps on reddit going "#*&@*(&#*@(#" about UI and stuff.

Alphacos007
11-09-2014, 08:05 AM
If it doesn't contain story spoilers, I'd like to see it as well.

The_Kiwi_
11-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm watching a gameplay walkthrough, and this guy playing knows nothing about the game...
How come people like that are the ones to get it early?

During the child missions with Elise, he was like "Who is she? She's a fox" (referring to a child...)
Then when the adult missions started, he said "Hey I wonder if we'll see that girl again, that red head, and if she'll remember me"

Plus it is really annoying watching him play, as he never ever runs as he thinks it will attract guards really easily, so he walks EVERYWHERE

And the only adjective he knows is "Dope"

Oh man, Fireworks! That is so dope!

Oh my god, a dog! That is so dope!

If you could get into buildings through chimneys, that would be so dope.

GoldenBoy9999
11-09-2014, 08:30 AM

That sounds great but do you have the video as proof?

HypeR.tgL
11-09-2014, 08:44 AM
"THIS THING IS LIKE 1000 FLORIN".

AC UNITY IN ITALY CONFIRMED.

I swear I've heard people call the currency Florin more than enough today, how am I still sane.. :D

The_Kiwi_
11-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Jeez this guy playing the game is just so annoying

He got angry at the game and kept yelling "Come on!!!", all because he dropped a smoke bomb and the guards didn't do anything
I have to conclude that he has never played an AC game before

Ziiimmie
11-09-2014, 11:47 AM
what the modern day story like in this game? i can't seem to find any information or any kind of screenshots i've seen a short snippet from a walk through but it looks weird.

The_Kiwi_
11-09-2014, 11:51 AM
what the modern day story like in this game? i can't seem to find any information or any kind of screenshots i've seen a short snippet from a walk through but it looks weird.

Modern Day spoilers
From what I've seen, a high ranking member of the Brotherhood has contacted you to research Arno
Abstergo is trying to find enough triple-helix DNA (first civ DNA) to make a complete genome, they say to the public that it's for research, but the Assassins know the truth
And at one point in time, Arno met a sage, so the Brotherhood wants you to find that memory, so they can find the sage's body before Abstergo does, so that Abstergo can't extract more first-civ DNA from it

Modern Day seems to be purely video-based information, no gameplay
But I've only seem the first two sequences of Unity

ze_topazio
11-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Arno: laws of gravity? Ain't nobody got time for that.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DefiniteUnlawfulIndianringneckparakeet.gif

Matt.mc
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Well now that's just sad....
What the hell is that Ubi?

Matt.mc
11-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Poop...Turns out that they do have the day one patch. Rajamangaming just told me... :(

orduluaslan
11-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Some guy finish the walkthrough. And i am little disappointed. we look for a sage and we didn't find him or i can't figure him. And we just have sword of eden. Can someone help me about that ending? Maybe i skipped something.please pm about it to me.

edit: whatever i figure it out now:)

MakimotoJin
11-10-2014, 12:05 AM
I just saw the ending as well,and...
You unlock the friggin' Sword Of Eden.HOLY CRAP.

Namikaze_17
11-10-2014, 12:10 AM
I just saw the ending as well,and...
You unlock the friggin' Sword Of Eden.HOLY CRAP.

Why didn't he just lock it away, again? It's like Ezio and the Apple all over again. :rolleyes:

MakimotoJin
11-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Why didn't he just lock it away, again? It's like Ezio and the Apple all over again. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't care.It's awesome and beautiful.Man,I want this game so badly!

Megas_Doux
11-10-2014, 12:28 AM

And similar to:

Bury it and/or throw it into the sea.

Namikaze_17
11-10-2014, 12:51 AM
And similar to:

Bury it and/or throw it into the sea.

At least he did it and didn't wait for some Templar to take it. :rolleyes:

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Guillotine Editions are now showing up at doors
Time for an unboxing

Matt.mc
11-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Sweeet. If anyone gets the PC version, could you tell us the "actual" requirements??

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Guillotine Edition
http://oi58.tinypic.com/28u644w.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/jpifzb.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ura7bl.jpg

MakimotoJin
11-10-2014, 01:40 AM
Guillotine Edition
http://oi58.tinypic.com/28u644w.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/jpifzb.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ura7bl.jpg

That is very pretty.Give me some yummy spoilers please.

ze_topazio
11-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Hopefully by the time I acquire a PS4 the "game of the year" edition will already be available with everything included.

GreatBeyonder
11-10-2014, 02:07 AM
You know... I just realized this game is called 'Unity'. Why is that? Black Flag was about a pirate who was neither Assassin nor Templar. Rogue is about a rogue assassin. Even Liberation and Freedom Cry are pretty obvious. Heck, 'The Tyranny of King Washington' gives you the entire plot. So why is THIS game called 'Unity'? It seems it would have been more fitting to call it 'Chaos' or 'Schism'.

Alphacos007
11-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Because 4 players Unite the play and defeat the bad guys together, that's what Amancio said at least.

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 02:11 AM
Hopefully by the time I acquire a PS4 the "game of the year" edition will already be available with everything included.

AC3 GotY = Washington Edition
AC4 GotY = Jackdaw Edition
ACU GotY = Révolution Edition? Napoleon Edition maybe?

ze_topazio
11-10-2014, 02:14 AM

Robespierre edition
Notre Dame edition
Seamless edition

GoldenBoy9999
11-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Because 4 players Unite the play and defeat the bad guys together, that's what Amancio said at least.

I also heard something about uniting the people of Paris.

Huh, I've never even heard of those. Google didn't think they were too popular either.

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Robespierre edition
Notre Dame edition
Seamless edition

Notre Dame edition is the name of a Collector's Edition
First one is too complicated and obscure :rolleyes:
Last one is just silly haha

There is a character in Unity with different coloured eyes...

I also heard something about uniting the people of Paris.

Huh, I've never even heard of those. Google didn't think they were too popular either.

http://tubby.scene7.com/is/image/tubby/PS3AC3WE?$fullsize$
http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/247/853/9/S2478539/slug/l/ac4bf-ps4-jackdaw-2d-uk-1.jpg

Assassin_M
11-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Medicine is back......****

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 02:30 AM

It even has the same noise when you use it as when Ezio uses it

Fauux01
11-10-2014, 02:34 AM

Oh yeah, and it's hilarious! It literally takes out the difficulty in the game.

I've seen people who are near death just push a button and replenish their entire health back. And more than once! :p

Assassin_M
11-10-2014, 02:34 AM
It even has the same noise when you use it as when Ezio uses it
I know...I heard it...it sounded like disappointment.

So list of removed things:
-Fist fighting
-Whistling from hiding spots
-Ambient music

Assassin_M
11-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Oh yeah, and it's hilarious! It literally takes out the difficulty in the game.

I've seen people who are near death just push a button and replenish their entire health back. And more than once! :p
Kiwi's sig with Yusuf is sooooo appropriate right now

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Kiwi's sig with Yusuf is sooooo appropriate right now

Why thank you :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
11-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Why thank you :rolleyes:
Man, I was willing to gloss over the stupid blending circle, the ugly sword trails, the ridiculous parkour and the pop in but this is just so disappointing

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 02:47 AM
Man, I was willing to gloss over the stupid blending circle, the ugly sword trails, the ridiculous parkour and the pop in but this is just so disappointing

Yeah, it's just so stupid. Why would they get rid of Medicine in favour of the AC1 health regen, but then just bring it back? It's like they listened to people's complaints, but then just ignored them again.

Do you know if you can get medicine pouch upgrades? I haven't seen any.

Assassin_M
11-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Yeah, it's just so stupid. Why would they get rid of Medicine in favour of the AC1 health regen, but then just bring it back? It's like they listened to people's complaints, but then just ignored them again.

Do you know if you can get medicine pouch upgrades? I haven't seen any.
It just has no logic because like you said, they KNOW that people complained about medicine and thus took out from AC III and AC IV but why now again?

Not sure but heck, their probably is, I wont even hope. You'd carry like 25 medicines because heuheu we can't have some challenge now.

and now we have a thread complaining about guards shooting guns quickly and eating half of the health.

Fauux01
11-10-2014, 02:55 AM
Watching a livestream right now. Guy who's about to die 3 times in a row, saved himself with potions. lel

Ye, they didn't even try. Difficulty actually looks good, though.

Namikaze_17
11-10-2014, 02:56 AM
I agree with Fatal, it does kinda take away the difficulty. Even though AC3/AC4's wasn't difficult per se, it felt realistic not to have a bunch of medicines heal me while in conflict. Though regenerating health is pretty unrealistic as well. :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
11-10-2014, 02:58 AM
http://tubby.scene7.com/is/image/tubby/PS3AC3WE?$fullsize$
http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/247/853/9/S2478539/slug/l/ac4bf-ps4-jackdaw-2d-uk-1.jpg

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/8/0/9/183809_front.jpg
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/9/8/1/225981_front.jpg

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 02:58 AM
I also remember that people were complaining about Rogue's length, with 7 sequences, yet Unity has 12
But I've seen about 2.5 hours of unedited gameplay, and I am up to Sequence 5 of Unity, just about to finish it too
Each sequence has no more than 3 missions from what I have seen

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/8/0/9/183809_front.jpg
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/9/8/1/225981_front.jpg

Ahh yes, them
So ACB and AC3 GotY eds were named after secondary historical characters in their respective games
ACR was named after the people of the game's location
And AC4 was named after the second playable character (Jackdaw is a character :rolleyes: )
So maybe ACU will be Napoleon Edtion as I said
Rogue might be Morrigan Edition, assuming it gets DLC for a GotY ed

Ziiimmie
11-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Modern Day spoilers
From what I've seen, a high ranking member of the Brotherhood has contacted you to research Arno
Abstergo is trying to find enough triple-helix DNA (first civ DNA) to make a complete genome, they say to the public that it's for research, but the Assassins know the truth
And at one point in time, Arno met a sage, so the Brotherhood wants you to find that memory, so they can find the sage's body before Abstergo does, so that Abstergo can't extract more first-civ DNA from it

Modern Day seems to be purely video-based information, no gameplay
But I've only seem the first two sequences of Unity

WHATTT :( that sucks haha i dont know how to do spoiler tag because im still new to the forums but i have a question haa

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 04:54 AM
WHATTT :( that sucks haha i dont know how to do spoiler tag because im still new to the forums but i have a question haa

[SPOILER] [/ SPOILER]

Just remove the space after the / and type between the middle parentheses

GreatBeyonder
11-10-2014, 05:17 AM
Rogue is actually a pretty decent length. The sequences are just longer than usual, and is spaced in a pretty logical manner. Not sure why Unity's is the usual 2-3 short missiions per sequence...

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Very mild spoiler about tailing missions
I remember that Ubisoft said that tailing missions are different to what they used to be, because if you get detected, you don't desynchronise, it just turns into a chase mission
I just watched more Unity gameplay, and the guy got detected by the target, and he desynchronised...
"Desynchronised - Detected By Target"

Rogue is actually a pretty decent length. The sequences are just longer than usual, and is spaced in a pretty logical manner. Not sure why Unity's is the usual 2-3 short missiions per sequence...

That's what I was always telling everyone
When they were complaining "Oh damn, only 6 sequences, how short!", I said "it's actually 7 sequences including the last one, and it doesn't mean the game will be short, the sequences will just be longer"

SlyTrooper
11-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Very mild spoiler about tailing missions
I remember that Ubisoft said that tailing missions are different to what they used to be, because if you get detected, you don't desynchronise, it just turns into a chase mission
I just watched more Unity gameplay, and the guy got detected by the target, and he desynchronised...
"Desynchronised - Detected By Target"

That's only for a few missions apparently.

Farlander1991
11-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Btw, can anybody tell me if Unity's got multiple save slots ala all other AC games or just one ala Watch Dogs?

zkorejo
11-10-2014, 10:28 PM
^^ I am not sure but I think its just one as far as I remember.

The game is amazing so far. Storytelling is amazing so far, it feels like a movie. Some of my early spoiler-free impressions are below, but I still spoiler tagged them.

The Combat is now perfect. I havent upgraded my armor yet, just got the new pants. I can easily kill around three guards with 1, 2 or even 3 diamonds at the top of their heads. I tried killing 4 guards with 3 diamonds each, I didnt use anything other than the sword, the fight felt really amazing. You just dont mindlessly keep mashing buttons like Shadow of Mordor, you have to react correctly to different situations. I tried to kill those same four guards guarding a gate twice. The second time I came really close to defeating them, all four of them were in their last health bars but I made a mistake of trying to kill one of them too early. If I had chosen to dance a little longer and wait for the right opening, I would have definitely gotten them one by one. I just hope the combat will remain challenging even for the fully upgraded Arno.

Parkour definitely feels way better than previous games. It is way more responsive and less frustrating. Free running though interiors is really fun.

I dont understand why they took out freerunning from loading screens, without it the wait seems even longer. I played pre-patch for abour an hour and the game felt really buggy. After the patch its way better, not perfectly smooth but better than before.

Another cool thing, I was walking around *some place I dont want to talk about yet* and suddenly a glitch appeared, from the glitch I saw the co-op assassin figure saying "We need your help, join us" It was basically an invitation to an on-going Co-op mission. I joined them in the middle of their mission but lagged out after a few minutes (maybe my connection was weak).

zephyz123
11-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know the full list of returning characters from AC3/ACR or historical figures in the game, so far I have:

Thomas-Alexandre Dumas, Georges Danton, Mirabeau, Marquis de Sade, Napoleon Bonaparte, Maximillian Robiespierre, Eugène Vidocq, Jacques De Molay.

Does Louis XVI appear?
How about Lafayette as the head of the National Guard?

The_Kiwi_
11-10-2014, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qp7dYYvI0c

DSafrin
11-10-2014, 11:28 PM
^^ I am not sure but I think its just one as far as I remember.

What? Noooo! I want my 3 save slots! :( I hate to delete my first game, so at least two slots...

GoldenBoy9999
11-10-2014, 11:29 PM
I just wanted to thank and congratulate you guys on your use of the spoiler tags. I haven't been spoiled at all yet and the game is in a lot of people's hands. Thanks for being extra cautious in your posts. :cool:

Namikaze_17
11-11-2014, 12:56 AM
I just wanted to thank and congratulate you guys on your use of the spoiler tags. I haven't been spoiled at all yet and the game is in a lot of people's hands. Thanks for being extra cautious in your posts. :cool:

Of Course, mate. :)

pirate1802
11-11-2014, 06:57 AM
I'm watching a gameplay walkthrough, and this guy playing knows nothing about the game...
How come people like that are the ones to get it early?

During the child missions with Elise, he was like "Who is she? She's a fox" (referring to a child...)
Then when the adult missions started, he said "Hey I wonder if we'll see that girl again, that red head, and if she'll remember me"

Plus it is really annoying watching him play, as he never ever runs as he thinks it will attract guards really easily, so he walks EVERYWHERE

And the only adjective he knows is "Dope"

Oh man, Fireworks! That is so dope!

Oh my god, a dog! That is so dope!

If you could get into buildings through chimneys, that would be so dope.

Yeah, I watched him yesterday as well. Stopped watching a few minutes after. That was dope. :rolleyes:

Yeah Tower of Mzulft in Blackreach.

<3 Skyrim. Especially love uncovering Dwarven mythology.

wvstolzing
11-11-2014, 08:20 AM
That's the worst thing about having to watch 'let's play's.

Luckily I was able to find a Rogue let's play without any commentary ---- though, while I'm thankful for that, I would have appreciated if the guy had a little bit of skill, or tried to play a little elegantly.

avk111
11-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Guys,

Im sctatching muyself for not going to be able to buy this game for the next three months (Personal opinion is if its only one good game for a new console its not worth it) but I really want to know, does Arno take off his hood anytime during the game ? Please do inform

[spoiler='Example Spoiler'] Is there an hidden entrance connecting the theater to the assassins HQ underground ?

GoldenBoy9999
11-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Guys,

Im sctatching muyself for not going to be able to buy this game for the next three months (Personal opinion is if its only one good game for a new console its not worth it) but I really want to know, does Arno take off his hood anytime during the game ? Please do inform

Yes, I haven't played it but there are many video clips and trailers with it down.

avk111
11-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes, I haven't played it but there are many video clips and trailers with it down.

Where ? I have watched the launch trailer , story trailer and everything else with nothing to suggest otherwise

GoldenBoy9999
11-11-2014, 10:15 AM
here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7DEwM7VpfU

at 0:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knmen1VSrM

at the start of the video

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 10:23 AM
@avk
Once Arno gets the hood, he's for the most part hooded in both cutscenes and gameplay with a few exceptions.

avk111
11-11-2014, 10:34 AM
@avk
Once Arno gets the hood, he's for the most part hooded in both cutscenes and gameplay with a few exceptions.

Exceptions ? explain please...

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Exceptions ? explain please...

What's there to explain really? A few cutscenes where he takes it off.

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 04:42 PM
So I was reading on IGN a producer saying there are three time anomalies.

One is World War II as we have seen in the trailer.

The other one is the Belle Époque

Anyone knows what the third one is about?

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 04:43 PM
So I was reading on IGN a producer saying there are three time anomalies.

One is World War II as we have seen in the trailer.

The other one is the Belle Époque

Anyone knows what the third one is about?

Medieval Times, the one that was first leaked

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Medieval Times, the one that was first leaked

So that is considered a time anomaly too? I thought it was just the intro of the game, the Abstergo product the main modern character is playing before the Assassins interrupt him/her.

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
So that is considered a time anomaly too? I thought it was just the intro of the game, the Abstergo product the main modern character is playing before the Assassins interrupt him/her.

Kinda. The prologue happens in 1307, the Time Anomaly in 1314 I think, with the siege battle.

Z0mbieB0y
11-11-2014, 04:53 PM

No, it's another one, a siege in 1394.

Reptilis91
11-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Prologue: 1314
Anomaly 1: 1898
Anomaly 2: 1944
Anomaly 3: 1394

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Ah, okay, didn't know about that, thanks for info mates.

Goxxi
11-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Nope , U are wrong.

Belle Epoque is the the period beetwen French - Prussian war and World War 1 (period beetwen 1871 - 1914 is considered to a Belle Epoque)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_%C3%89poque#Science_and_technology

SlyTrooper
11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm going to ignore this thread now. It's too risky.

del170928075253
11-11-2014, 05:21 PM
For people who have finished the game :

Arno has reinstated the Brotherhood at the end or not ?
In the final cinématic and the cinematic with Napoleon in the Catacomb during the credit

Acrimonious_Nin
11-11-2014, 08:39 PM
So I guess it is safe to say that, according to the story arch, that Ubisoft has officially declared stretching out the money cow indefinitely by offering very little information into the lore ? We don't get to see what the Assassins nor Templars are doing except some "teasers" into one event the Assassins did to stop the Templar advance in something...Just to end up being used by the Assassins to find a body they will never need or use...The only thing this game has brought is the idea that "The Father of Understanding" is actually a real figure...and The Hint in Rogue that Al Mualim could have been one of Aita's reincarnation. Hmmm...so how many games should I wait to release till they actually "progress" the games lore and story ? lol

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-11-2014, 09:56 PM
O_O

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zqbo1s.png

All these reviews about Unity scares me. Dx

AND

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ai2fl0.png

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/532271228728639488

The_Kiwi_
11-11-2014, 11:47 PM
O_O

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zqbo1s.png

All these reviews about Unity scares me. Dx

AND

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ai2fl0.png

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/532271228728639488

Journalists were saying that Advanced Warfare looks better with 900p on the X1 than 1080p on the PS4
It's all just propaganda
Ignore it

Fauux01
11-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Journalists were saying that Advanced Warfare looks better with 900p on the X1 than 1080p on the PS4
It's all just propaganda
Ignore it

X1 running Unity better than on the PS4 isn't a propaganda, unfortunately.

TheHumanTowel
11-12-2014, 12:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clQfCP3NFuc

The_Kiwi_
11-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Didn't Ubisoft say that the frame rate would be locked at 30fps?

ChronicSurfer91
11-12-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that I can ONLY carry a rifle if I choose to have one. This makes no sense to me. I'm sacrificing quick-fire action in a fight with a pistol by choosing a long-range rifle (which is carried on my back). But by doing so I can no longer carry a sword at my hip? I don't want to use the rifle as my melee weapon, and I don't understand why Uplay has forced that upon us? Kind of kills the whole idea of "customization."

TheHumanTowel
11-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Yeah meaning it won't exceed 30fps. Game doesn't seem to be able to hit a consistent 30 though.

The_Kiwi_
11-12-2014, 12:47 AM
In Unity, during some background conversation between civilians, one of them is talking about "The Poison of Atheism" and that it should be purged from France, that's quite funny :rolleyes:

Yeah meaning it won't exceed 30fps. Game doesn't seem to be able to hit a consistent 30 though.

I thought it meant it was permanently 30fps, huh.
Oh well.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-12-2014, 01:03 AM

Well that is if you don't count the random "frame rate drops" that rarely occurre from time to time...Then yes "every other time" it is "locked".

The_Kiwi_
11-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Just finished Unity, and here are my thoughts on the ending:
So... all of Unity was completely pointless. The point of the historical story is that we can learn something useful for Modern Day, and in Unity's case, it was to find The Sage's body so that we can hide it from Abstergo.
But, at the end, Bishop is like "We don't need to worry about the body, Abstergo won't find it".
To me, it felt like the story was a complete waste of time; it's like if your boss asks you to get coffee for him, and you do it, but when you get back, you realise he already got some.
Plus, the whole story was predictable and disjointed, it was like Ubisoft wrote one sequence, then made it, then planned and wrote the next one.
The story did nothing for me.
I have high hopes for Rogue, which I will start soon.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-12-2014, 02:18 AM
So... all of Unity was completely pointless. The point of the historical story is that we can learn something useful for Modern Day, and in Unity's case, it was to find The Sage's body so that we can hide it from Abstergo.
But, at the end, Bishop is like "We don't need to worry about the body, Abstergo won't find it".
To me, it felt like the story was a complete waste of time; it's like if your boss asks you to get coffee for him, and you do it, but when you get back, you realise he already got some.
Plus, the whole story was predictable and disjointed, it was like Ubisoft wrote one sequence, then made it, then planned and wrote the next one.

I got the same vibe from the game :\ why did the Initiate do all of that 'work'...The Initiates are the most useless group I have ever seen...First the Assassins were freaking out about the whole bleeding effect with Desmond and Clay and how they would contain that...now they are making the Initiates do mundane work that they could do themselves...I mean Galina shows promise of being able to go directly into the Animus and not have to worry about the bleeding effect. So how are the Initiates helping the Assassin cause ?

The Assassins and Templars seem to not really care much about the location of the Pieces of Eden ?! they were hell bent on looking for those things before now they needed to look for the sage before the Templars found him...but we all know that they have his modern day body...what was the purpose in finding the "old bones" then ?! What was the point in Desmonds death ? why did they waste time in 2012 racing against time to find Apples and Clays death and everything just seems like the biggest waste of time to have ever happened to a series. Finding William was also useless since he doesn't seem to be doing much with anything anyways... The Assassins have no idea what they are doing and the Templars in rogue seem like the most useless bunch that think too highly of themselves...

The ending of the game was not really a cliff hangar as much as it was lacking...everything...unless the modern day is going to be found on the initiates site ? But I have no idea where they are going with this game anymore...the AC series has just become nothing more than a history game instead of what it used to be...Mystery and Lore and everything that made it amazing story wise...

Kaschra
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Hey, does anyone know if Charlotte Corday or Marie Antoinette appear in Unity?

The_Kiwi_
11-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Hey, does anyone know if Charlotte Corday or Marie Antoinette appear in Unity?

Not that I saw, I think Marie may have made a cameo though.

del170928075253
11-12-2014, 11:19 PM
And for you, after to have finished the game :
Arno is not an Assassin at the end?
We must to wait "Dead Kings" to know if he is reinstated into the Brotherhood ?

It's completly unclear

ColdBloodedVet
11-12-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that I can ONLY carry a rifle if I choose to have one. This makes no sense to me. I'm sacrificing quick-fire action in a fight with a pistol by choosing a long-range rifle (which is carried on my back). But by doing so I can no longer carry a sword at my hip? I don't want to use the rifle as my melee weapon, and I don't understand why Uplay has forced that upon us? Kind of kills the whole idea of "customization."

Don't shoot me, but I think it's an attempt to take away the Rambo aspect of the game. The weapon wherl with all the gadgets included was a bit much for an "assassin" to carry. It has pluses and minuses. It limits the options but also encourages you to find a style and develope it.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 11:26 PM

I Agree..just didn't do anything for me either.

Don't worry, I'm sure you won't be disappointed in Rogue. ;)

cawatrooper9
11-13-2014, 12:24 AM
So yesterday was Veterans Day and I didn't get my copy of Rogue because USPS doesn't ship on holidays.
Then, UPS came to deliver Unity at noon (because who isn't home in the middle of the day?), but I was in class, and missed the delivery.
Long story short, I didn't get either of my preorders until today, so I was really worried from all the reviews of Unity that I read yesterday.

That being said, I think it's safe to say that those reviews were (once again) wildly biased on the AC hatewagon. I just started Unity today, and I honestly think it's the best AC game to date. I've hardly even noticed the graphical issues (though, as has been hashed out, much of that was due to simultaneous downloads and the ACU day one patch slowing system hardware.

Sure, it's not a perfect game, but to all you out there whining about how awful you think it is: Thank you! My expectations were significantly lowered, so that when this game delivered, it delivered hard for me. ACU is fantastic, and I can't wait to get to Rogue, too! If only I could play both at once!

Ureh
11-15-2014, 03:32 AM
Not sure if posted but Arludik Gallery is hosting another Assassin's Creed exhibition for Unity. If you want to own a unique art print signed by the artist and have a serious amount of cash then this is the place for you!

http://www.arludik.com/indexeng2.htm
http://www.arludik.com/images/prochainement-actuellement/creedunity.jpg

ketuzu
11-15-2014, 03:48 AM
I got the same vibe from the game :\ why did the Initiate do all of that 'work'...The Initiates are the most useless group I have ever seen...First the Assassins were freaking out about the whole bleeding effect with Desmond and Clay and how they would contain that...now they are making the Initiates do mundane work that they could do themselves...I mean Galina shows promise of being able to go directly into the Animus and not have to worry about the bleeding effect. So how are the Initiates helping the Assassin cause ?

The Assassins and Templars seem to not really care much about the location of the Pieces of Eden ?! they were hell bent on looking for those things before now they needed to look for the sage before the Templars found him...but we all know that they have his modern day body...what was the purpose in finding the "old bones" then ?! What was the point in Desmonds death ? why did they waste time in 2012 racing against time to find Apples and Clays death and everything just seems like the biggest waste of time to have ever happened to a series. Finding William was also useless since he doesn't seem to be doing much with anything anyways... The Assassins have no idea what they are doing and the Templars in rogue seem like the most useless bunch that think too highly of themselves...

The ending of the game was not really a cliff hangar as much as it was lacking...everything...unless the modern day is going to be found on the initiates site ? But I have no idea where they are going with this game anymore...the AC series has just become nothing more than a history game instead of what it used to be...Mystery and Lore and everything that made it amazing story wise...

I totally agree. Im kinda annoyed tbh i was looking forward to seeing a modern day ending due to the time anomaly thing and with this helix program but nope, just a big "his body is in the catacombs thats all this was pointless" i just beat it -_- almost gave up due to sequence 4 crashing

MaIagant
11-15-2014, 04:05 AM
You can only have one save game? that is crap:mad:

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 04:24 AM
The Initiates are the most useless group I have ever seen...

Agreed x1000

Kotza92
11-15-2014, 04:32 AM
wait for the boring, lacklustre ending.

Kotza92
11-15-2014, 04:41 AM
It isn't about the modern storyline being the most fun, exciting, or enjoyable. It's about the lack of progression and relevancy to what the series is founded upon. Even before Juno became evil at the end of Black Flag, the entire game was founded on this idea that the Templars are now an illuminati-esque corporation hellbent on mind control and the assassins are an equally tech-savvy group trying to beat Abstergo to save humanity. The mystery and lore, as well as this battle between the two is the very purpose of the game. It is the chief reason for AC's existence and why we sojourn into the past.

Now, take all that, and factor in Juno wanting to also take over the world (a fact the last game ended on) and you have a new AC game that is shockingly devoid of the very plot it relies on to exist!

I mean fine, ignore the whole Juno thing and focus on the sage, but don't end the final scene without a mention of how the actions of the entire game (ACU) have been for nothing since (SPOILERS) the Sage's skull is amongst thousands of others and we don't even hear from that lady that talks to you remotely.

Ureh
11-17-2014, 01:08 AM
Can anyone tell us if there are spoilers in this video from Gamespot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqTTnMamIQ

Fauux01
11-17-2014, 01:11 AM
There's no spoiler.

KG_NOx
11-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey guys im back :) *playing ACU everytime* the heck happen here, i mean so many threads, are there many people mad about unity after the patch?

SleezeRocker
11-22-2014, 04:38 PM
I finished ACU on wednesday. The game is fun, combat definitely challenging, freerun is mostly ok. the only downside is I kind of felt the story went on...too fast? I guess if that's how I can put it so I didn't fully understand the story, may need to replay it again.

Have yet to play Rogue but I may get it around or after Kingdom Hearts 2 hd kicks in.

Also im almost certain this may have been mentioned before? but Arno looks a lot like the guy that plays Frederico Auditore (in AC Lineage) or perhaps it's just me :P
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136291/2078772-assassinscreedlinegagefederico.png
http://www.unfinishedman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/arno-dorian-training.jpg

The_Kiwi_
11-22-2014, 10:19 PM
That picture just reminds me how Ezio is played by that guy Rodrick from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies

Namikaze_17
11-23-2014, 12:14 AM
That picture just reminds me how Ezio is played by that guy Rodrick from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies

"Rodrick Auditore da Firenze" :rolleyes:

The_Kiwi_
11-23-2014, 08:28 AM
"Rodrick Auditore da Firenze" :rolleyes:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/109837/1907703-ezio.png
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20500000/the-actor-of-rodrick-heffley-Devon-Bostick-diary-of-a-wimpy-kid-the-movie-20570941-900-510.png

It's the Rodrick nose :rolleyes:

ApexMandalorian
11-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Can anyone tell us if there are spoilers in this video from Gamespot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqTTnMamIQ

Nope, this doesn't, but I will say this. The Story Trailer actually spoils the Bellec twist if someone pays attention. Just pointing that out.

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Sorry, couldn't find a better place to put this.

Can anyone tell me how you get all of the equipment rewards for a co-op mission? I just did the Tournament completely solo to get the Master Phantom Hood but I only got 1/3 items. The Legendary Musketeer Coat. Could someone please tell me how you'd get the others? I hope I haven't just wasted my time...

JustPlainQuirky
12-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Augh. Thread bumped.

I honestly want to forget Unity happened. It added nothing overall to the franchise.

Hopefully AC Victory will not be the same case.

Namikaze_17
12-06-2014, 11:02 PM

We shall pray to the "Man of Comets" once more... :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
12-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Augh. Thread bumped.

I honestly want to forget Unity happened. It added nothing overall to the franchise.

Unity is a vital step for the franchise gameplay wise though. The general design of the assassination missions for example, need to be followed in the next games. In general, the mechanics in Unity trounce anything that came before it. I mean for the first time ever the game requires a level of competence from the player. I don't mean to sound like an aloof elitist, I'm actually faintly casual but the past AC games were incredibly easy.

Unity's story sucks, but it's gameplay innovations will be felt for some time. I don't agree then, that it added 'nothing overall' to the franchise.

JustPlainQuirky
12-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Unity is a vital step for the franchise gameplay wise though. The general design of the assassination missions for example, need to be followed in the next games. In general, the mechanics in Unity trounce anything that came before it. I mean for the first time ever the game requires a level of competence from the player. I don't mean to sound like an aloof elitist, I'm actually faintly casual but the past AC games were incredibly easy.

Unity's story sucks, but it's gameplay innovations will be felt for some time. I don't agree then, that it added 'nothing overall' to the franchise.

I should have specified narrative-wise.