PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed Unity General Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ze_topazio
10-29-2014, 01:26 PM
but I still need to see someone who used to love the MD pre-AC3 says it enjoyed the current style more than the previous one

I would not say I loved but I enjoyed the pre-AC3 modern day and I would not say its better but I think AC4 modern day was pretty decent and not much worse than what we got before, the main character lacked a name but the story did advanced the plot, we got exposed to the sage, Juno's husband reborn and working on the shadows to help with her resurrection, we discovered she is having trouble acquiring a physical body and the assassins are still in good shape and now have a spy working directly for Abstergo, maybe the new side characters did not had the charm of Shaun and company but the content was on the same level, or better because we got tons of extra information about the series lore.

dxsxhxcx
10-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Modern day is what keeps everything connected, yes, but the historical part has always been the star of the series whatever you say (otherwise it wouldn't have always taken 90% of every game :p ). Though the concept of eternal war between Assassins and Templars would work just as well without the modern day bookends, to be fair. No, I am talking about the modern day part. AC4 modern day, as simplistic as it is, is better than pretty much any other game's modern day story in terms of its overall quality. It provides character development for those who were neglected of it in previous games (Desmond and Vidic, that is), lots of lore, and a very small and very short but coherent (something that you can't say about Desmond's Saga, post-AC2 at least after the solar flare twist was revealed, which IMO is the biggest problem of the old modern day) story that serves as a good introduction to the Juno story arc and shows the situation of the Assassin/Templar conflict in the modern day. Compare it to Desmond's Saga which tries to tell an epic modern day storyline and introduces bunch of questions and fails to answer them and has got lots of problems with character progression and whatnot, it's a mess. I was very intrigued by it at first, but looking back, honestly, I don't think it could've been not a mess, even in the original trilogy plan - AC2 barely progressed anything in the AvT storyline and introduced a solar flare plot twist, what was their plan exactly for AC3 if ACB/ACR hadn't existed? Removing subplots that were introduced by those games, we still have a lot of things to take care of. I really like Desmond's story, at least the concept of it, and the thoughts of what it could've been, but the end result is a mess and AC4 is simply more tidy and polished. let's agree to disagree then because I can't disagree more with you (about the story getting better as it is now)... about the rest, I couldn't care less about Desmond' life details because they were pointless for the ongoing plot, what I knew about his life up until AC2 IMO was more than enough, if Ubisoft hasn't focus SO MUCH on Desmond' past they would've had a lot of time to focus on everything else and make a coherent story, his character progression would've come naturally..

Farlander1991
10-29-2014, 01:38 PM
First, I must emphasize that I never had any problems with the modern day storylines, whatsoever. Yes, some were far more enticing and thrilling, but they all added up.

Sure, they added up. Have they always added up in a good way? Nope.
An e-mail about the satellite launch being canned is 'story added up', it is not, however, a fitting conclusion for a storyline that was painted as the main point of conflict of the modern day part back in AC1.
Lucy being revealed to be a Templar in a piece of DLC and characters somehow recognizing it in AC3 (as it's mentioned there due to what Juno showed Desmond) and kinda dealing with it is 'added up', however it's far from a quality that this part of story should've been.
And so on.

Second, it remains to be seen whether this restructure of the modern day context has anything to do with the simple need to restructure it, or actually with the realization of the insanely complex path they've taken with it, and the obvious need to step back and rethink the whole thing. I bet on the second possibility.

Uhm... define how the first is different from the last? The amount of resources allocated to MD weren't enough to tell a satisfying story (with the yearly schedule more so), so they restructured it in a way to tell stories in a different way that can properly use the amount of resources without it being fewer than necessary. Some quotes from Darby from one of the Q&As:

"No we neverconsidered another third person character like Desmond. Over the past 3 years westruggled to tell Desmond's story the right way, but could never manage to makeit shine like the historical stories did. It was a great premise that didn'talways get the love and polish it needed. So with AC4 we devised a way to keepthe present day settings, but ensure that we could always tell a decent storywith a nice beginning middle and end. We'll continue down this path for awhile, experimenting with different settings, with you as the main character."

" I did not say "its hard" as in "nobody wanted to make the effort." Its hard because the structure of our development process makes it difficult to plan an ongoing serial in the present day. Production realities just made it impossible to keep it going the way we originally formulated in 2006. That is a reality I cannot change. And so rather than complain about it, we have reconceptualized the present day to make this ongoing serial more feasable... and more self-contained for each game. And so, as I wrote to someone earlier -- we would rather tell a good story well, rather than tell a great story poorly.Also, as I explained in an earlier post, when you split a game into two time periods, you essential require the team to make twice as many game assets ... this is anincredible waste of resources. If we focused on just one time period, we could use those resources to polish and improve the main game. This is why the Modern Day sections always felt a little underdeveloped in each game. We always focus on the historical aspect first, because it is hands down the most interesting piece of the puzzle for us, and the most popular aspect of the series. The Historical stories are the reason we make these games. This has been the case since AC2... ever since we realized very few people wanted a 50/50 present-past split.
Of course fan opinions matter. But you cannot pretend that fans are unified around your opinion. The hard reality is this: the modern day portions of the AC franchise are not nearly as popular with 80 percent of people who buy our games. We know this because we do a lot of research. Some hardcore fans have a somwhat skewed idea about what is popular because they gather in forums and band together and reinforce each other's beliefs ... and so it gives them the impression that the modern day is incredibly popular, that it is "the main story". But polls, data tracking, and reading reviews tell us time and time again the historical settings are why people buy these games. (And please do not write a rebuttle that pits "real fans" against "noobs"... I don't dig that kind of elitism. I hear that too much.)
That being said, WE do believe in the modern day (we wouldn't have created Initiates if we didn't) but we are going to reformulate it in a way that makes more sense and does not break the flow of the historical stories... which has, since AC2, been the focus of most of our efforts. And in fact the Modern Day setting of AC4 got some very positive responses from people who previously hated it. So we think we found a good balance. I do feel bad for the people who absolutely loved the Desmond story, but to do that justice we would have had to dedicate a game solely to him. I don't think his story was ever told in a satisfying way in most of the games. They were just bite-sized chunks. This is why I wrote all the desmond memos in AC4... I wanted fans to have some better closure with him."

"Unfortunately for fans of the Desmond Trilogy-style of present day, we probably won't be going back to that... but not because we didn't enjoy it. It's more of a time and resource issue....

Whenever we make a new AC game, we research our new time period for many many months. Then we get talented people to design characters, buildings, textures, props, etc. to populate this world. We also come up with a storyline that weaves itself into history and brings the time period to life. This takes a TREMENDOUS amount of effort. Now imagine having to do that twice for each single game... making present day characters, textures, sounds, music, art, gameplay too. It's crazy. And even though the present day usually ammounts to only 5 percent of the gameplay, the amount of assets we have created in the past for them add up to a lot more. AC3 had to create textures for Brazil, New York, another Abstergo Office, and the Temple. That's about as much work as making another full city. Not easy.

This past-present split is something every AC team has struggled with from day one: How do we do justice to BOTH time periods. The short answer is: It's really hard. Most people love AC for its historical tourism and WE love the thrill of bringing those places to life... so after the Desmond trilogy, we decided we would need to approach the present day in a much looser fashion... and in a strange way, it works out quite well.

Because the present day in AC is now concurrent with the real world, each AC present day can take place "In Real Time"... that is... whenever you purchase the game is when it takes place. Also, this gives each AC team the freedom to approach the present in whatever way they choose... so it's a fresh experience every time. (You probably won't see the inside of Abstergo Entertainment again. The next teams will do something new.)

Add AC Initiates to the formula, and you have something that is greater than the sum of its parts: a persistent, ongoing present day that never sleeps... and games that more fully focus on whatever historical period we happen to choose."

let's agree to disagree then because I can't disagree more with you (about the story getting better as it is now)... about the rest, I couldn't care less about Desmond' life details because they were pointless for the ongoing plot, what I knew about his life up until AC2 IMO was more than enough, if Ubisoft hasn't focus SO MUCH on Desmond' past they would've had a lot of time to focus on everything else and make a coherent story, his character progression would've come naturally..

I just want to preface that I don't say AC4 has got a better story than Desmond's Saga, but that it's better quality in execution. And to me the second part is more important.

Helforsite
10-29-2014, 02:20 PM
New Paris Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgaRCoj5T3g&safe=active

wow..looks great

It found the the scenes/setting/locations very nice, but the trailer as a whole was mediocre at best! The cut between scenes is abrupt and not fluid at all and the sequence of scenes follows no logic whatsoever.
Anyway, loved that we got a look of Paris at a few different angles than we have before, especially the underground(canals) which looked absolutely stunning.

Farlander1991
10-29-2014, 02:27 PM
It found the the scenes/setting/locations very nice, but the trailer as a whole was mediocre at best! The cut between scenes is abrupt and not fluid at all and the sequence of scenes follows no logic whatsoever.
Anyway, loved that we got a look of Paris at a few different angles than we have before, especially the underground(canals) which looked absolutely stunning.

Because it's not an actual trailer, it's a collection of hidden snippets you can find by exploring the interactive trailer.

joelsantos24
10-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Sure, they added up. Have they always added up in a good way? Nope.
An e-mail about the satellite launch being canned is 'story added up', it is not, however, a fitting conclusion for a storyline that was painted as the main point of conflict of the modern day part back in AC1.
Lucy being revealed to be a Templar in a piece of DLC and characters somehow recognizing it in AC3 (as it's mentioned there due to what Juno showed Desmond) and kinda dealing with it is 'added up', however it's far from a quality that this part of story should've been.
And so on.
I agree. Obviously, it was always hard to get out of the Animus (often in the middle of a thrilling sequence or event) just to read some emails, walk a few steps or have a chat with someone, so yes, it wasn't always presented to us in an appealing manner. I just meant it like I never gave it much thought, that is, it was boring but we had to do it. Know what I mean?

Uhm... define how the first is different from the last? The amount of resources allocated to MD weren't enough to tell a satisfying story (with the yearly schedule more so), so they restructured it in a way to tell stories in a different way that can properly use the amount of resources without it being fewer than necessary. Some quotes from Darby from one of the Q&As:

"No we neverconsidered another third person character like Desmond. Over the past 3 years westruggled to tell Desmond's story the right way, but could never manage to makeit shine like the historical stories did. It was a great premise that didn'talways get the love and polish it needed. So with AC4 we devised a way to keepthe present day settings, but ensure that we could always tell a decent storywith a nice beginning middle and end. We'll continue down this path for awhile, experimenting with different settings, with you as the main character."

" I did not say "its hard" as in "nobody wanted to make the effort." Its hard because the structure of our development process makes it difficult to plan an ongoing serial in the present day. Production realities just made it impossible to keep it going the way we originally formulated in 2006. That is a reality I cannot change. And so rather than complain about it, we have reconceptualized the present day to make this ongoing serial more feasable... and more self-contained for each game. And so, as I wrote to someone earlier -- we would rather tell a good story well, rather than tell a great story poorly.Also, as I explained in an earlier post, when you split a game into two time periods, you essential require the team to make twice as many game assets ... this is anincredible waste of resources. If we focused on just one time period, we could use those resources to polish and improve the main game. This is why the Modern Day sections always felt a little underdeveloped in each game. We always focus on the historical aspect first, because it is hands down the most interesting piece of the puzzle for us, and the most popular aspect of the series. The Historical stories are the reason we make these games. This has been the case since AC2... ever since we realized very few people wanted a 50/50 present-past split.
Of course fan opinions matter. But you cannot pretend that fans are unified around your opinion. The hard reality is this: the modern day portions of the AC franchise are not nearly as popular with 80 percent of people who buy our games. We know this because we do a lot of research. Some hardcore fans have a somwhat skewed idea about what is popular because they gather in forums and band together and reinforce each other's beliefs ... and so it gives them the impression that the modern day is incredibly popular, that it is "the main story". But polls, data tracking, and reading reviews tell us time and time again the historical settings are why people buy these games. (And please do not write a rebuttle that pits "real fans" against "noobs"... I don't dig that kind of elitism. I hear that too much.)
That being said, WE do believe in the modern day (we wouldn't have created Initiates if we didn't) but we are going to reformulate it in a way that makes more sense and does not break the flow of the historical stories... which has, since AC2, been the focus of most of our efforts. And in fact the Modern Day setting of AC4 got some very positive responses from people who previously hated it. So we think we found a good balance. I do feel bad for the people who absolutely loved the Desmond story, but to do that justice we would have had to dedicate a game solely to him. I don't think his story was ever told in a satisfying way in most of the games. They were just bite-sized chunks. This is why I wrote all the desmond memos in AC4... I wanted fans to have some better closure with him."

"Unfortunately for fans of the Desmond Trilogy-style of present day, we probably won't be going back to that... but not because we didn't enjoy it. It's more of a time and resource issue....

Whenever we make a new AC game, we research our new time period for many many months. Then we get talented people to design characters, buildings, textures, props, etc. to populate this world. We also come up with a storyline that weaves itself into history and brings the time period to life. This takes a TREMENDOUS amount of effort. Now imagine having to do that twice for each single game... making present day characters, textures, sounds, music, art, gameplay too. It's crazy. And even though the present day usually ammounts to only 5 percent of the gameplay, the amount of assets we have created in the past for them add up to a lot more. AC3 had to create textures for Brazil, New York, another Abstergo Office, and the Temple. That's about as much work as making another full city. Not easy.

This past-present split is something every AC team has struggled with from day one: How do we do justice to BOTH time periods. The short answer is: It's really hard. Most people love AC for its historical tourism and WE love the thrill of bringing those places to life... so after the Desmond trilogy, we decided we would need to approach the present day in a much looser fashion... and in a strange way, it works out quite well.

Because the present day in AC is now concurrent with the real world, each AC present day can take place "In Real Time"... that is... whenever you purchase the game is when it takes place. Also, this gives each AC team the freedom to approach the present in whatever way they choose... so it's a fresh experience every time. (You probably won't see the inside of Abstergo Entertainment again. The next teams will do something new.)

Add AC Initiates to the formula, and you have something that is greater than the sum of its parts: a persistent, ongoing present day that never sleeps... and games that more fully focus on whatever historical period we happen to choose."

(...)
Well, in the first context, chances would just be effected for the sake of variability, to try something new. In the second context, chances would be forced, so to speak, upon the producers, given the literal labyrinth in which they let themselves in. Fans in general have always complained about the blatant difficulties in following the meta-story accordingly. So, agreeing with the resources issue, no doubt, I also believe they were somehow forced to step back and rethink this whole context of the game, because it became a glorified mess.

Alphacos007
10-29-2014, 08:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVGKFPtNrw

This one is actually a PC exclusive graphics features trailer, but still show some neat stuff.

Mr_Shade
10-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Because it's not an actual trailer, it's a collection of hidden snippets you can find by exploring the interactive trailer.

indeed - it's not an 'official' trailer ;)

Wolfmeister1010
10-29-2014, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVGKFPtNrw

This one is actually a PC exclusive graphics features trailer, but still show some neat stuff.

All specs put aside, it looks quite lovely on PC

Ureh
10-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah that nvidia trailer is really impressive. My fav part is probably the roast pig rotisserie and that reflection on the pommel. Wish they showed snow, rain, fire, and blood effects.

Also I would certainly like to see how acu plays on the shield!

Helforsite
10-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Now I just need the money for the new PC and everything would be awesome!

The_Kiwi_
10-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Is it just me, or did the statue look better in the off position in that PC trailer?

Fauux01
10-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Is it just me, or did the statue look better in the off position in that PC trailer?

Just you.

Alphacos007
10-29-2014, 11:14 PM

Just you.

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 12:54 AM
Just you.

Just you.

I'm not crazy, I swear.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 02:21 AM

I believe the off position had a bit more light reflection.Or we're both crazy.

Fauux01
10-30-2014, 02:24 AM
I believe the off position had a bit more light reflection.Or we're both crazy.

The OFF one has no light reflection.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 02:56 AM
So we're both crazy.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 03:18 AM
So we're both crazy.

You're both crazy.

Fauux01
10-30-2014, 03:49 AM
OFF

http://i60.tinypic.com/52gx00.jpg

HBAO+

http://i58.tinypic.com/208v7zd.jpg

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 06:02 AM
Yes the OFF looks better, it looks more like a marble statue should look
The ON has better textures and reflection, but it doesn't seem like a marble statue

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
AC Unity's map

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/1452095_717508974998185_2927907968766410225_n.jpg? oh=a96b9b031e20f5cec780508b4f16ce9b&oe=54AFD3D8

oliacr
10-30-2014, 03:47 PM
AC Unity's map

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/1452095_717508974998185_2927907968766410225_n.jpg? oh=a96b9b031e20f5cec780508b4f16ce9b&oe=54AFD3D8

Hmmm.

dimbismp
10-30-2014, 04:09 PM
AC Unity's map

I wonder how big in km^2 are the maps of florence,venice,rome,constantinople,NY,Boston,fron tier,havana etc?That would solve my question about how big ACU Paris really is.
Also,does anyone know what the:"1/1","1/3"and "1/4" mean?

ladosefan
10-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I wonder how big in km^2 are the maps of florence,venice,rome,constantinople,NY,Boston,fron tier,havana etc?That would solve my question about how big ACU Paris really is.

they are the scales of the game buildings compared to the real ones.every circle has a different scale

oliacr
10-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Scales? They said the whole city is 1/1 scale, but on this map only the middle of Paris is 1/1. So may be not.

ACfan443
10-30-2014, 04:29 PM
they are the scales of the game buildings compared to the real ones.every circle has a different scale

What if they're the scales of the areas and not the buildings? So the whole of Ile de la Cite is true to life scale whereas the others areas are smaller(*compared to their real life counterparts), but the buildings remain 1:1 throughout?

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Scales? They said the whole city is 1/1 scale, but on this map only the middle of Paris is 1/1. So may be not.

They said the buildings were built 1:1, not the distances of the city itself. What the map indicates is that Ile de la Cité is 1:1 in terms of distances as well, but NOT the entire city.

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Maybe the size of the city is a 1/4 of real life Paris.

oliacr
10-30-2014, 04:42 PM
They said the buildings were built 1:1, not the distances of the city itself. What the map indicates is that Ile de la Cité is 1:1 in terms of distances as well, but NOT the entire city.

I also meant buildings. Just didn't write.

marvelfannumber
10-30-2014, 04:49 PM

But that can't be right, because the distance between the Sainte-Chapelle and Notre Dame is WAY too short (the Hotel Dieu is also too short). I am just sooo confused!

zainzombie
10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_-exDp3CE

I wasnt expecting this, It would have been way cooler to experience that in the game. I wish this trailer didnt exist.

Alphacos007
Holy crap, I have no idea what I just saw on that new Anomalies trailer, but I liked the hell out of it. Wow.

MakimotoJin
I need explanations,and quick!

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 05:13 PM
New trailer:

I wasnt expecting this, It would have been way cooler to experience that in the game. I wish this trailer didnt exist.

100% agreed. It would be much much better if it got me by surprise while I played the game.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 05:19 PM
The hype my friend,the more trailers,the more we want the game.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Indeed friend, indeed. Each time a new trailer shows up, the slower the days go by.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
These 12 days are really,really slow...O-O'

Mr_Shade
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I've put the new trailer behind a spoiler warning tag..

Lets remember to use them please ;)

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 05:27 PM
14 for me, as it releases only on the 13th here in Europe. And I'll be playing Rogue before going to Unity, so I will probably only get to Unity in around 17 days from now, I suppose 3 days for Rogue is enough.

dimbismp
10-30-2014, 05:38 PM
?

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 05:42 PM
?

Only the Frontier is bigger.

yourfrag
10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
What do you guys think, that day one patch for PS4 will bring ?

TheArcaneEagle
10-30-2014, 06:23 PM
What do you guys think, that day one patch for PS4 will bring ?

Just bug fixes and polishes. Not expecting anything too major.

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 09:44 PM
What does everyone think about the time anomaly crap?

I don't like it

Switching from French Rev Paris to WW1 Paris "because Juno"?

At least we got some facts about Modern Day...

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 09:49 PM
I seriously doubt that it will be any cannon stuff, just fun missions just like The Tiranny of King Washington. After all, it was Arno climbing the tower and shooting the machine guns, which is impossible if you take the time frame and the age he would be.

[edit]

Farlander1991
10-30-2014, 09:50 PM

I don't like it

Huh? Who says it's got anything to do with Juno?

souNdwAve89
10-30-2014, 09:54 PM

I don't like it

I thought it was WW2 because there is a screenshot of Arno standing in front of the Eiffel Tower, and there is the Third Reich symbol. Anyways, I'm not that excited, but it's interesting. I don't think we'll spend too much time in that time period. I don't want to be THAT guy, but I find it funny that Ubisoft said they won't do a game during WW2, and this is what we get. I know it's not a full game since we're touching a small piece of WW2, and yet, we're still getting talks of them not wanting to do Feudal Japan.

DumbGamerTag94
10-30-2014, 09:58 PM

I don't like it

Ahhh!!!!!! Finally!!! I thought I was the only one who thought this was stupid!!!!!

I'm not against AC going to any of those places or periods. don't get me wrong

But I would have preferred it as optional side stuff like solving a glyph or something.

Now my experience in the French Rev is going to be forcably disrupted by these nonsense MD/Rift missions. That's why I hated AC1 and AC3s MD so much(besides the fact that AC3s sucked). In ACB AC2 ACR AC4 you could practically ignore MD if it's not your cup of tea(it's not mine). If you wanted MD you could controll how much in those games you wanted to elaborate or even partake in MD. Via glyphs emails etc. In these you play predominantly in the animus. Only rarely interrupted by a very brief requirement like a cutscene or a fetch quest.

I hated how the Desmond **** in AC3 held up the Connor/American Revolution story. And I can almost guarentee that I won't like this either.

It's not that I don't think it's awesome or that I don't like the settings. I do. But I do not like the narrative of my game being forcably interrupted for it. It irritates the hell out of me. Id love to explore all of these and I think the concept is really cool. I just would much rather do it on my own time rather than random interruptions.

I just realllllyyyyyyyy hope there's are side mission type things. Like the glyphs used to be. Then my fears will be eased.

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
@Farlander
Just my explanation for it, Juno mucking up history/the animus or something, it couldn't be a glitch or a bug, that's too convenient an explanation

@Soundwave
I'm not too sure myself, but everyone was getting corrected by people in the YouTube comments
"No, it's WW1, not WW2" etc
Something about the German occupation of Paris
Correct me if I'm wrong

@Bmark
Hopefully we aren't alone!
I just think it's so arbitrary as it is now, seems like Ubisoft is doing it just because they can, with no real reason
I'm hoping there'll be a good explanation as to why it is an important component soon
And I totally agree about the annoying interruptions, as much as I knew MD was important, sometimes I couldn't help but feel "Hurry up game, put me back in the Animus!!"

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
I like what I´ve seen so far.

Paris is a GREAT location, visiting different incarnations of it seems good to me. Looking forward to it, besides we dont know how it works, whether this is optional or not....

DumbGamerTag94
10-30-2014, 10:08 PM
The Germans never occupied Paris in WW1 only WW2. And you can see the Nazi Eagle hanging on a banner at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Plus the planes are single wings and not biplanes.

I would imagine this is because of dumb people that don't realize zeppelins were used by the Germans in WW2 as well as WW1. People tend to just associate them with WW1 for some reason.

cawatrooper9
10-30-2014, 10:09 PM
I seriously doubt that it will be any cannon stuff, just fun missions just like The Tiranny of King Washington. After all, it was Arno climbing the tower and shooting the machine guns, which is impossible if you take the time frame and the age he would be.

[edit]

Wait, what when was that gameplay leaked?

Mr_Shade
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Can we not talk about leaks please.. that will prompt people to post them...

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 10:13 PM
The Germans never occupied Paris in WW1 only WW2. And you can see the Nazi Eagle hanging on a banner at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Plus the planes are single wings and not biplanes.

I would imagine this is because of dumb people that don't realize zeppelins were used by the Germans in WW2 as well as WW1. People tend to just associate them with WW1 for some reason.

That makes sense because a lot of people were throwing around the word Nazi and I thought they weren't a thing until WW2 so I was confused why everyone was saying WW1

I'm just assuming that Ubisoft only did this so people would shut up about WW2

And by people, I mean 12 year olds.

HiddenKiller612
10-30-2014, 10:17 PM
That makes sense because a lot of people were throwing around the word Nazi and I thought they weren't a thing until WW2 so I was confused why everyone was saying WW1

So anyone who thinks a WW2 game would be interesting is 12 years old? I wish that were true, I'd love to be 10 years younger.

cawatrooper9
10-30-2014, 10:17 PM

My bad, ignore my earlier comment!

Hans684
10-30-2014, 10:19 PM

Was never a problem before the rule.

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 10:19 PM
So anyone who thinks a WW2 game would be interesting is 12 years old? I wish that were true, I'd love to be 10 years younger.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DumbGamerTag94
10-30-2014, 10:21 PM

Glad I could clear that up!

Hahaha yeah. I mean WW2 wouldn't be my top pick for an AC but it certainly would be awesome. My main turn off for that setting is that it's just WAYYYYY too overdone. That and there's the obligatory feeling of having to have an over the top absurd "assassinate Hitler" mission. It'd just get too corny at some point even if it is good(exactly like Inglorious Bastards).

Now perhaps if they did WW2 in a non Cleche way I could get on board. Like perhaps the Pacific Theatre. Tokyo. Or maybe China at that time would be cool. That part of the war always gets forgotten and plays second fiddle. Even though it was intensely brutal. And far more exotic.

The_Kiwi_
10-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Glad I could clear that up!

Hahaha yeah. I mean WW2 wouldn't be my top pick for an AC but it certainly would be awesome. My main turn off for that setting is that it's just WAYYYYY too overdone. That and there's the obligatory feeling of having to have an over the top absurd "assassinate Hitler" mission. It'd just get too corny at some point even if it is good(exactly like Inglorious Bastards).

Now perhaps if they did WW2 in a non Cleche way I could get on board. Like perhaps the Pacific Theatre. Tokyo. Or maybe China at that time would be cool. That part of the war always gets forgotten and plays second fiddle. Even though it was intensely brutal. And far more exotic.

The ANZACs would be a fun thing to see for me, that's the Australia-New Zealand alliance from World War 1, although they did exist way past that, they did the most incredible things during WW1, especially at Gallipoli

Do you guys think these anomalies will take you to other Parisian time periods?

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 10:52 PM

Yep, sorry. Thanks for the quick edits.

KG_NOx
10-31-2014, 12:27 AM
Coming This Month Assassin's creed : Saboteur

PS: I'd like an easter egg about it

rprkjj
10-31-2014, 04:53 AM
While WW2 isn't my top choice for a setting, I don't understand the "Simpson's did it" argument. Sure there's been tons of shooters (and saboteur), but with what they're able to achieve with Unity, we could be able to see WW2 from an entirely new perspective, using different gameplay mechanics. Honestly, I think Ubisoft could potentially pull off any time period.

yourfrag
10-31-2014, 05:05 AM
Idk if it was already confirmed, but in Unity theres no multiplayer except coop?

Fauux01
10-31-2014, 05:53 AM
Idk if it was already confirmed, but in Unity theres no multiplayer except coop?

Nope, not even in Rogue.

Ureh
10-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Coming This Month Assassin's creed : Saboteur

PS: I'd like an easter egg about it

Yeah! That was the first thing that came to mind when I watched the Time Anomaly trailer. xD

ze_topazio
10-31-2014, 12:15 PM
The Saboteur is the only open world game in world war 2 occupied Paris so it's normal to remember it.

SlyTrooper
10-31-2014, 04:56 PM
I find it very funny that people in the comment section on youtube think that Arno can time travel. :rolleyes:

oliacr
10-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Bunch of screenshots, sorry if this has been posted.
http://imgur.com/a/K***t K f a g t ----

At first, I thought Arno was Ezio :D

Ignore it if you've seen this before

jayjay275
10-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Bunch of screenshots, sorry if this has been posted.
http://imgur.com/a/K***t K f a g t ----

At first, I thought Arno was Ezio :D

Ignore it if you've seen this before

They've obviously been tampered with. No way could Ubisoft release that. None the less, I'd still play. :D

MakimotoJin
10-31-2014, 05:34 PM
What I really want is more info on the Time Anomalies.
Also,another AC Unity video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu66kCdd3m0
What's that,the 17th trailer?

Will_Lucky
10-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Christ...those screenshots. How could they not hit 1080p? I mean jesus please tell me those are compressed to hell. The lighting is gorgeous but otherwise it isn't that far a step above AC4.

jayjay275
10-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Christ...those screenshots. How could they not hit 1080p? I mean jesus please tell me those are compressed to hell. The lighting is gorgeous but otherwise it isn't that far a step above AC4.

Well, we can't trust those screenshots, because they could be photoshopped - to where they're blurred and edited - and we can't really trust Ubisoft as they will try to make their game look as good as possible, even though the final product won't be identical.

oliacr
10-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Well, we can't trust those screenshots, because they could be photoshopped - to where they're blurred and edited - and we can't really trust Ubisoft as they will try to make their game look as good as possible, even though the final product won't be identical.

These screenshots were not released by Ubisoft. These are from the game that has been "stolen?".

jayjay275
10-31-2014, 07:21 PM
These screenshots were not released by Ubisoft. These are from the game that has been "stolen?".

Exactly. I'm saying that Ubisoft will try to make their game look as pretty as possible, and the "leaked" images released shouldn't be trusted either, due to what I mentioned before.

Goodfella112
11-01-2014, 06:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/XQQOlCV.jpg

Doesn't look too bad.

Fauux01
11-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Unity is not a pretty game.

Dev_Anj
11-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Unity is not a pretty game.

Are you serious?

Alphacos007
11-01-2014, 07:38 AM
It is pretty, but it's focus is not on the graphics, they are nowhere near the most pretty games around. Just because the graphics aren't awesome, deosn't mean it could hit 1080p though, there are many other factors on the performance than just the graphics.

rprkjj
11-01-2014, 07:40 AM
Are you serious?

Yeah, seriously, it's probably the best looking game coming out this year. It might not measure up to the presumed face-melting of Uncharted 4 but still.

Fauux01
11-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Are you serious?

Of course not, I don't have the game yet. ;)

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Yeah, seriously, it's probably the best looking game coming out this year. It might not measure up to the presumed face-melting of Uncharted 4 but still.

The graphics are so good in Uncharted 4, that you can see the colours change in the skin as blood vessels expand and compress with different facial expressions.

Beat that, Xbox One.

I wonder if Unity could have achieved that if it was developed by Naughty Dog...

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 11:51 AM
The graphics are so good in Uncharted 4, that you can see the colours change in the skin as blood vessels expand and compress with different facial expressions.

Beat that, Xbox One.

I wonder if Unity could have achieved that if it was developed by Naughty Dog...

I would be extremely impressed if they did but it shouldn't be expected. Not at all. An open world game to have graphics like Uncharted which in itself is very linear and restricted (quite small areas to explore in the campaign) is very hard to achieve. There has to be cuts somewhere to accommodate for the huge scale of Paris and the crowds and in this case it seems to be taking a hit on the resolution. That said it does look very good in terms of graphics but not ground-breaking.

ACfan443
11-01-2014, 12:00 PM
This game is leaking all over the place, there's stuff about the present day out there already. Must. Not. Succumb. To. Temptation.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 12:09 PM
This game is leaking all over the place, there's stuff about the present day out there already. Must. Not. Succumb. To. Temptation.

You mean 100% true information about the game because it's already being played?

ACfan443
11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
You mean 100% true information about the game because it's already being played?

Yeah, that's kinda what a leak is, breaking the street date and posting unauthorised content before release.

pirate1802
11-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Must run to youtubez... or the appropriate website then!!

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Must run to youtubez... or the appropriate website then!!

don't spoil it and if you bring it here...http://i.imgur.com/4SvN9S3.jpg

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 01:24 PM
I just thought of something. The day 1 patch must be EXTREMELY important as that was one of the main reasons why they delayed the game. They obviously don't want people playing the game without the day 1 patch, so I wonder what it does apart from fixing a few bugs.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm not phased by spoilers

I'm going to find out eventually, so why is it better to wait and have the game tell me than having someone tell me sooner?

ACfan443
11-01-2014, 01:33 PM

I'm going to find out eventually, so why is it better to wait and have the game tell me than having someone tell me sooner?

Would you read up the full synopsis of a film before heading off to watch it at the cinema?

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Would you read up the full synopsis of a film before heading off to watch it at the cinema?

Yes, I have and do do that
The thing is though, I mostly only watch movies I'm anticipating, so I watch them release day, before any synopsis is out

SHADOWGARVIN
11-01-2014, 01:39 PM
I don't really care about spoilers either.

Some people have been talking about going dark for a couple of days now. I bet they wish they'd never seen the time anomaly trailer. It contained huge spoilers.

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't want to know the begginning or the end of the story and I want to keep modern day and the animus a surprise after seeing the awesome trailer. Apart from that I don't care about spoilers. I am just waiting for free roam videos to come out :D

TheHumanTowel
11-01-2014, 01:50 PM

Because movies, games, etc are designed to give you that information in a particular way. Pacing, foreshadowing, your understanding of the characters all colour how you percieve plot points that's kind of lost if you just read "Barry dies at the end" on a wikipedia page. It's far more enjoyable for me to be surprised by a movie than know everything that's going to happen beforehand. Kind of kills any tension the movie might be trying to instill. Spoilers are a bigger deal for some things than others but for thing like The Usual Suspects and games like AC that have a lot of twists going in knowing the plot would make for a much poorer experience.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Because movies, games, etc are designed to give you that information in a particular way. Pacing, foreshadowing, your understanding of the characters all colour how you percieve plot points that's kind of lost if you just read "Barry dies at the end" on a wikipedia page. It's far more enjoyable for me to be surprised by a movie than know everything that's going to happen beforehand. Kind of kills any tension the movie might be trying to instill. Spoilers are a bigger deal for some things than others but for thing like The Usual Suspects and games like AC that have a lot of twists going in knowing the plot would make for a much poorer experience.

I always prefer the second playthrough :rolleyes:

TheHumanTowel
11-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I always prefer the second playthrough :rolleyes:
k:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes ::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes ::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes ::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes ::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes ::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Layytez
11-01-2014, 03:00 PM
So that's why they delayed it...ouch. People are ripping Unity to threads on Neogaf.

ze_topazio
11-01-2014, 03:30 PM
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/839/839988.png

lol

jayjay275
11-01-2014, 04:23 PM
So that's why they delayed it...ouch. People are ripping Unity to threads on Neogaf.

Most people on NeoGaf seem to hate AC games, and are blatantly attacking the game. Do people really think a triple A company like Ubisoft would release their game like that? People are forgetting there will be a day one patch, which will probably be huge in size. Either way, I don't care. The leaked videos looks MUCH better than those leaked screenshots, and I'm going to trust this gif: http://i.giflike.com/NyF32BY.gif

But in the leaked videos, where is the ambient music? D:

ze_topazio
11-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Without wanting to offend anyone but most people on Neogaf are pretentious wannabe experts, and in typical amateurish fashion most seem to think that hating on something popular, makes them seem savvy connoisseurs.

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Without wanting to offend anyone but most people on Neogaf are pretentious and hyperbolic wannabe experts, and in typical amateurish fashion most seem to think that hating on something popular, makes them seem savvy connoisseurs.

I fixed it for you.

jayjay275
11-01-2014, 06:15 PM
To stop this fiasco that is trending around on the internet, this image looks fantastic:
(Possible spoiler in the image - shown in the other images)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414714597-assassin-s-creed-r-unity-20141031012607.jpg

(Please tell me mods if this is a breach of copyright or such?)

True_Assassin92
11-01-2014, 06:30 PM
http://www.psmania.net/2014/10/assassins-creed-unity-bullshots-vs-in-game-graphics-comparison/

I do hope the final product has better graphics than this..it only looks like a minor improvement to Black flag on PS4

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 06:44 PM
http://www.psmania.net/2014/10/assassins-creed-unity-bullshots-vs-in-game-graphics-comparison/

I do hope the final product has better graphics than this..it only looks like a minor improvement to Black flag on PS4

This is the most stupid comparison. The game has never looked like the ALPHA teaser trailer, and bullshots in every single games marketing look better than the final product as they are severely polished before they are posted online.

GoldenBoy9999
11-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I haven't followed an AC game this close before and it's a weird feeling with all of these spoilers. I'm not going to go looking for anything. I'll just stick to what Ubisoft gives me. :cool:

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 06:48 PM

See by yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J9sObzVCv8

That PS4 gameplay looks way better than AC IV in my PC, and my PC is able ro run that game in 1080p 60fps without any problem.

rprkjj
11-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Are people actually saying Unity looks bad? :/

Layytez
11-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Are people actually saying Unity looks bad? :/
Yeah but the game isn't in its final form. Loads of areas are blurry (including npc faces) and the textures on buildings are reminiscent of a PS1 game,

jayjay275
11-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Yeah but the game isn't in its final form. Loads of areas are blurry (including npc faces) and the textures on buildings are reminiscent of a PS1 game,

It has to be because the day one patch isn't in place, yet, surely?

Layytez
11-01-2014, 07:21 PM
It has to be because the day one patch isn't in place, yet, surely?
I see no other reason. Plus clipping when holding things also. This must have been the reason why they needed extra two weeks.

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah we weren't supposed to see the game at this stage... thats why they delayed it. Imagine the hate they would get if it launched with all sorts of bugs... it was a good move Ubisoft.

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 07:24 PM
It is looking rather mixed that this point in time. I saw the leaked gameplay of Arno as a child (boy was his head huge) and it looked so friggin good, but then I've seen some 'leaked' screenshots of Unity.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags (minor spoilers)

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Don't go by the bloody leaked screenshots. They get incredibly compressed, especially when its PS4 direct feed screenshots.

It looks good, but there are some issues with the NPC graphics and the draw distance. Hopefully the patch will clear that up. Even if it doesn't Unity is definitely a good looking game.

Layytez
11-01-2014, 07:25 PM
It is looking rather mixed that this point in time. I saw the leaked gameplay of Arno as a child (boy was his head huge) and it looked so friggin good, but then I've seen some 'leaked' screenshots of Unity.

Yeah the quality of the texturing and the blurriness is random in various areas. Some places the game looks perfect and in others it looks like they smeared vaseline on the screen.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:26 PM
My opinion of Unity has changed over the past 2 weeks.

For one, I'm starting to like Arno. At least his outfit, lol.

Elise is still mah bae.

And diggin the backstory.

Not sure about the overall plot yet tho. We'll see.

Im betting Elise will die considering that book has Arno crying when reading her journal

snoopy assassins reading journals of templar loved ones again

rprkjj
11-01-2014, 07:26 PM

I'm looking at the PS4 screens right now and the game looks beautiful. Not sure what people are complaining about.

Layytez
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm looking at the PS4 screens right now and the game looks beautiful. Not sure what people are complaining about.
Check your inbox

rprkjj
11-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Eh, what's really bugging me is the glow on Arno's face. Still doesn't look bad.

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 07:32 PM

EDIT: Added spoiler tags (minor spoilers)

I have seen PS4 gameplay videos in which Unity lookss WAY better than AC IV in a high end PC..........Graphics dont worry me this time.

jayjay275
11-01-2014, 07:34 PM
The thing is though, when I'm playing AC, I BARELY ever stop; I am either always walking or running or climbing.

Layytez
11-01-2014, 07:35 PM
I have seen PS4 gameplay videos in which Unity lookss WAY better than AC IV in a high end PC..........Graphics dont worry me this time.
Right now its visually broken in some places. Like really broken.

Eh, what's really bugging me is the glow on Arno's face. Still doesn't look bad.
Check out the second one lol.

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 07:36 PM

To be honest, it doesn't normally. The only thing I worry about in games is bugs and glitches. I cannot stand them, they are what makes me enjoy the game. I'm hoping that these 2 weeks have been put to good use like polishing the game.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I love AC's glitches <3

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I love AC's glitches <3

Same.

Just don't want to encounter them during an important mission, especially if you're aiming for full sync lol

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
There will be glitches...

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 07:56 PM
It is an open world, Grand theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim????????

OF COURSE there will be glitches, thing is that some companies get away with it in the public eye, and Ubi is not one of them.....

Hans684
11-01-2014, 08:11 PM

OF COURSE there will be glitches, thing is that some companies get away with it in the public eye, and Ubi is not one of them.....

Ubi just gets more and more on their shoulders.

cawatrooper9
11-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Thank you! I feel like Ubisoft is way too heavily scrutinized. Skyrim was riddled with (sometimes game-breaking) glitches, but the general consensus on that game is highly favorable. I think it's a bit hypocritical to write off Unity just because someone saw a pop-in or two.

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you! I feel like Ubisoft is way too heavily scrutinized. Skyrim was riddled with (sometimes game-breaking) glitches, but the general consensus on that game is highly favorable. I think it's a bit hypocritical to write off Unity just because someone saw a pop-in or two.

Skyrim was basically UNPLAYABLE on consoles for MONTHS and the amount of game breaking glitches was neverending, even on PC takes dozens of patches to make it work, yet the praise was universal. The first "screenshots" of GTA V were pretty obvious bullshots that resembled its incoming Next gen incarnations instead of PS3 and XBOX 360 stuff and dont gent me started on the multiplayer issues..... And again, the reception could not have been better.

Dont get me wrong, Ubi is in part to blame, the annualization of AC and the overall poor job of their PR department. But truth is they dont "operate" that different from other big gaming companies, yet the amount hate is way bigger though.

Alphacos007
11-01-2014, 08:43 PM
I couldn't agree more.

cawatrooper9
11-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Skyrim was basically UNPLAYABLE on consoles for MONTHS and the amount of game breaking glitches was neverending, even on PC takes dozens of patches to make it work, yet the praise was universal. The first "screenshots" of GTA V were pretty obvious bullshots that resembled its incoming Next gen incarnations instead of PS3 and XBOX 360 stuff and dont gent me started on the multiplayer issues..... And again, the reception could not have been better.

Dont get me wrong, Ubi is in part to blame, the annualization of AC and the overall poor job of their PR department. But truth is they dont "operate" that different from other big gaming companies, yet the amount hate is way bigger though.

Agreed. I don't mean to say that Ubisoft should get a free pass to make glitchy games, but I'm getting very tired of how it's become "cool" to hate on this company, while companies like Rockstar and Bethesda can crank out anything and make it beloved.

ze_topazio
11-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Rockstar and Bethesda have a better reputation than Ubisoft.

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Agreed. I don't mean to say that Ubisoft should get a free pass to make glitchy games, but I'm getting very tired of how it's become "cool" to hate on this company, while companies like Rockstar and Bethesda can crank out anything and make it beloved.

And lets not talk about the whole race/gender issue....

Ubi is been called racist and misogynist, despite the fact Connor, Aveline, Altair and Adewale exist... Whereas Rockstar´s only non "white male" leading character in a blockbuster game has been a rather stereotypical african american gang member, and yet nothing happens. You dont see people burning down the internet about it.

Helforsite
11-01-2014, 10:08 PM
I still cant get into the Thieves guild, because of some stupid bug and I even tried console commands!
I also think that hating on Ubisoft has become very popular and a friend of mine is a very big hater of Ubisoft who is constantly complaining about every little **** they do wrong in his opinion. Example: he is always bickering about Uplay and how ****ty it is every time I mention a Ubisoft game I play(big fan of Ubisoft's games myself), but doesnt say jack about f'ning Battlenet which is always partly broken!

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 10:18 PM
It will happen one day.
https://i.imgflip.com/dpk39.jpg

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 10:19 PM
I totally agree that Ubisoft is being judged and criticized more than any of it’s competitors, and no I’m not saying their mistakes should be forgiven, but at least judge others for the mistakes they do like you judge Ubisoft. It’s like some people just want Ubisoft to make a mistake to give them a hard time for it. They became notorious for disappointing fans with glitchy games and unfinished products while this thing happened with many others who got praise for their games despite all the game-breaking glitches and server problems in them.

Ubisoft was called “Disgraceful” by PETA for showing the Whaling activity in ACIV, called Racists and Misogynists despite the presence of Aveline, Claudia, Maria, Shao Jun, Adewale, Connor and Altair, and they’re constantly being called out for glitches and unfinished products of all the other. But of course, nobody dares to mention Rockstar. Everybody was so crazy about GTAV and called it “an awesome game, with wonderful graphics” while honestly, I’ve seen a lot better games in terms of gameplay and graphics. It’s really hypocritical. Ubisoft is also to blame for making such a reputation for themselves and not even trying to improve it, but it’s mainly the people that are being so unfair.

It will happen one day.
https://i.imgflip.com/dpk39.jpg

I agree 100%
It’s just like Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber LOL. First, it’s the ‘cool’ thing to love them and now it’s the ‘cool’ thing to hate them and soon, the cycle will reverse. And don’t get me started about how Justin Bieber will be called “a legend and a power to be reckoned with” when he dies and same for Lady Gaga. It happened with MJ who was called a pedo and everybody hated him and now he’s the king and the legend, same with Amy Winehouse..and the list goes on.

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Ubisoft open up too much. They should never have said anything about the resolution until the game has gone gold like most other companies do.
They should never have mentioned anything about women. What was bad about that was that they explained it in such a bad way.

They should also stop announcing games so early. For example Watch Dogs was shown WAY too early. If it was announced at 2013's E3 instead, they wouldn't have got hate on that. Same thing with The Division. I am sure that will get a visible downgrade as thats not releasing for ages and was announced way too early. They try to build hype early, but they should really keep things more closed, so they don't get consistently criticised.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I think one of the main reasons that Rogue will be better received than Unity (by some, at least) is because of expectations
There is next to no hype for Rogue, so people will be surprised
Same can't be said for Unity...

marvelfannumber
11-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Ubisoft open up too much. They should never have said anything about the resolution until the game has gone gold like most other companies do.
They should never have mentioned anything about women. What was bad about that was that they explained it in such a bad way.

They should also stop announcing games so early. For example Watch Dogs was shown WAY too early. If it was announced at 2013's E3 instead, they wouldn't have got hate on that. Same thing with The Division. I am sure that will get a visible downgrade as thats not releasing for ages and was announced way too early. They try to build hype early, but they should really keep things more closed, so they don't get consistently criticised.

Someone hire this man now!

GoldenBoy9999
11-01-2014, 11:39 PM
I feel sorry for the people without internet. Everyone is saying the patch will fix it but these people will be stuck with a broken game possibly. Maybe they could have a little warning label on the case.

My opinion of Unity has changed over the past 2 weeks.

For one, I'm starting to like Arno. At least his outfit, lol.

Elise is still mah bae.

And diggin the backstory.

Not sure about the overall plot yet tho. We'll see.

That's awesome. :). The Time Anomaly trailer boosted my hype.

JustPlainQuirky
11-02-2014, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't say it boosted my hype.

I generally am never hyped for games.

Only time I was hyped for a game recently (I:SS), I was super disappointed.

I will say I look forward to playing it. But I'm not excited.

Wolfmeister1010
11-02-2014, 02:48 AM
I am sick of the graphics complaints.. You all want to see 7 minutes of leaked AC footage that is BEAUTIFUL on PS4? PM me.

I shouldn't get banned for this right?

KG_NOx
11-02-2014, 02:50 AM
Can i post a leak free roam gameplay in PS4?? with the spoiler tag

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-02-2014, 02:50 AM
I wouldn't say it boosted my hype.

I generally am never hyped for games.

Only time I was hyped for a game recently (I:SS), I was super disappointed.

I will say I look forward to playing it. But I'm not excited.

what destiny

m4r-k7
11-02-2014, 03:01 AM
ermerged new free roam vid, graphics are amazing

JustPlainQuirky
11-02-2014, 03:02 AM
what destiny

wat?

GoldenBoy9999
11-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Lol, this is getting shady.

KG_NOx
11-02-2014, 03:21 AM
ermerged new free roam vid, graphics are amazing

Yeah that one i was talking about

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-02-2014, 03:56 AM
wat?

you said a that a game came out recently and you were super disappointed.. it sounds like destiny tbh

Megas_Doux
11-02-2014, 04:00 AM
I am sick of the graphics complaints.. You all want to see 7 minutes of leaked AC footage that is BEAUTIFUL on PS4? PM me.

I have seen AC IV on a 1440p Downsampling Gameplay Test - GTX 780ti 1080p and that PS4 gameplay looks WAY better. I really dont know what people is complaining about......

rprkjj
11-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Can i post a leak free roam gameplay in PS4?? with the spoiler tag

PM's would be much appreciated ;).

JustPlainQuirky
11-02-2014, 04:40 AM
you said a that a game came out recently and you were super disappointed.. it sounds like destiny tbh

(I:SS) = InFAMOUS: Second Son

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-02-2014, 04:48 AM
(I:SS) = InFAMOUS: Second Son

oh. When I searched that all I got was stuff about the international space station

prince162010
11-02-2014, 05:02 AM

Hi

P.M me the leaked footage brother ;)

Matt.mc
11-02-2014, 05:07 AM
Just look up ac unity gameplay ps4 on youtube and change the search to "past hour" n you'll find something

Layytez
11-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Alot of pop-in in that 7 mind video :(

Matt.mc
11-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Do we know if that is the final game and not that old build that people are still releasing videos of?

Layytez
11-02-2014, 05:13 AM
Do we know if that is the final game and not that old build that people are still releasing videos of?
Oh this is retail lol. That's why they needed these extra two weeks for a day one patch lol.

Alphacos007
11-02-2014, 05:43 AM
Yea, those are retail versions, the game is delivered to the stores a few days earlier. But the devs keep working on these 2 weeks before launch and we will have a day 1 patch for sure.

kosmoscreed
11-02-2014, 05:59 AM
I think it looks great but I dislike the crowd, is pretty clear that the console can't handle so many people on the screen, why not having less people in favour of better performance?.

Matt.mc
11-02-2014, 06:16 AM
I know right! I'd much rather smaller crowds than bloody pop ins that are blatantly obvious

ze_topazio
11-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Watching some of the leaked videos I still don't like Arno's running animation, he looks very heavy, and the sound of him running is too loud and distracting.

m4r-k7
11-02-2014, 02:59 PM
What I really like from what I have seen so far

There are so many hidden blade kill animations this time around, along with less stupid looking combat animations.
They got rid of the "kicking" enemy against a wall animation
The parkour looks awesome
The city is awesome
Blood splatters on the environment
Combat looks a lot more tense like it was in AC 1.

What I don't like

A rifle counts as your primary weapon
Pop in for crowds (hopefully day 1 patch will fix it)

killzab
11-02-2014, 04:03 PM
So ... judging from the leaks... the game has no ambient music .... why Ubi ? WTF ?

dimbismp
11-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Some pretty big spoilers will be revealed the following days.I mean,the internet cannot remain spoiler free if the game was leaked 2 weeks before release.

Anyway,from the leaked videos,the graphics are nowhere near the trailer graphics.On the other hand though,most of them were compressed youtube videos.The gamersyde HD version looked pretty cool though.

Furthermore,there are some pop ins,but much fewer than some XO footage from recent events.This is adressable though(at least i hope so).But,when Arno runs through the crowd,it doesn't feel right.There should have been an "Gentle push" option.Finally,as someone stated,the sword trail is horrendous!

But what really bugs me though is that,from what i have seen so far,it looks like same old AC.For example,there was a Paris story,in which Arno had to protect an ally from waves of enemies.BUT i could be wrong if the story is interesting,the AMM and Blackboxes are as good as promised and if the customisation is fun.

GoldenBoy9999
11-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I fear the spoiler outbreak. I don't know what it looks like yet. I'll probably go dark after I get spoiled on something, lol.

m4r-k7
11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
jdfhdhfhdhfdh Altairs outfit in black

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
jdfhdhfhdhfdh Altairs outfit in black

What? Is that a thing?

m4r-k7
11-02-2014, 06:44 PM
What? Is that a thing?

Yes I can't post it here as its technically a leak. Its definitely a thing, I don't know if you change the colour of Altairs armour yourself or its a separate outfit.

jayjay275
11-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Seriously psyched for the game now, but I just need ambient music and that's all.

rprkjj
11-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Yes I can't post it here as its technically a leak. Its definitely a thing, I don't know if you change the colour of Altairs armour yourself or its a separate outfit.

I feel like I'm the only one who can never find leaks. PM please?

Alphacos007
11-02-2014, 08:22 PM

Yes you can, I've seen a video where the player makes Altair's outfit dark blue like old Ezio's one.

FourDea123
11-02-2014, 08:26 PM
not asking for links for obvious reasons but do you guys have any tips on how to find these videos/ screenshots (pm if you cant) thanks a bunch regardless

KG_NOx
11-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Shay's outfit confirmed

Now to unlock those outfits we need both initiates and mobile app.

GoldenBoy9999
11-02-2014, 10:27 PM
What? Is that a thing?

Yeah, I'd assume it's because of the color pallet thing. You can change Arno's default robes to any color and all Legacy outfits too I assume. Sounds awesome.

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I'd assume it's because of the color pallet thing. You can change Arno's default robes to any color and all Legacy outfits too I assume. Sounds awesome.

If it turns out that legacy outfits can only be accessed using an app, like people have been saying, then that won't even matter anymore.

The_Kiwi_
11-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Imagine a purple Altaïr :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
11-02-2014, 11:05 PM
If it turns out that legacy outfits can only be accessed using an app, like people have been saying, then that won't even matter anymore.

Very unfortunate. I found out right after I made that post.

Alphacos007
11-03-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm watching some youtube videos that were actually well-recorded and the game looks gorgeous. I knew something was wrong with those screenshots, they were purposedly taken in bad quality.
The Legacy outfits look awesome, I might even use one of them. I never actually liked them in the other games, they seemed pretty dumb and bad placed.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-03-2014, 02:49 AM
if anyone wants to see all of the past assassins/shay outfits pm me for the link

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I found a picture of all previous legacy outfits and wanted to ask if they could be posted in spoiler tags here.

Ureh
11-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I found a picture of all previous legacy outfits and wanted to ask if they could be posted in spoiler tags here.

I think if it's an officially released screenshot (or from an official trailer) then it's probably okay to post in spoiler tags.

Iirc this trailer shows the legacy outfits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-h8me2zrRw

GunnerGalactico
11-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I think if it's an officially released screenshot (or from an official trailer) then it's probably okay to post in spoiler tags.

Iirc this trailer shows the legacy outfits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-h8me2zrRw

Wow, I just saw a katana :D

I think we will be able to use all sorts of weapons from all over the world.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Wow, I just saw a katana :D

I think we will be able to use all sorts of weapons from all over the world.

Australian boomerang oh yeah..

Megas_Doux
11-03-2014, 11:31 PM
That is nice!!!!

ACfan443
11-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Altair's outfit is the only one I care about. I was worried that they were going to butcher it like they did in AC3 and AC4, but if the leaked video is anything to go by they've done an excellent job remastering it for next gen. Really want to see it in motion now, hope those robe tails don't permanently attach themselves to his calves this time.

The_Kiwi_
11-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Altair's outfit is the only one I care about. I was worried that they were going to butcher it like they did in AC3 and AC4, but if the leaked video is anything to go by they've done an excellent job remastering it for next gen. Really want to see it in motion now, hope those robe tails don't permanently attach themselves to his calves this time.

I hated that so much, it put me off ever wearing them

Farlander1991
11-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Why ever since AC3 Altair's robes never have gloves? Same with Connor's legacy outfit in AC4 and Unity as well. I dunno, they just look so weird to me without gloves (I know Altair doesn't have it in a novice outfit, but he does in the full master assassin outfit which is what legacy outfit is), especially Connor's. It's a little thing, but it bugs me.

Megas_Doux
11-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Shay´s seem really cool

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-04-2014, 12:54 AM
What is that last one supposed to be?

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here. Not a spoiler, just interesting... :rolleyes:
http://3ebd2a0c0ea48a333aea-1f531def8e8befb67be56667ce3edd11.r77.cf1.rackcdn.c om/3091d93e0d5ad5c44c58fa925bd7b117516da96b.jpg__620x 479_q85_crop_upscale.jpg
http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Giants_Arno_Packaging_Photos_11.jpg
http://3ebd2a0c0ea48a333aea-1f531def8e8befb67be56667ce3edd11.r77.cf1.rackcdn.c om/95ba48739eaefd2caaeec82124b306da5d164cb3.jpg__620x 823_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

when I saw the video before it got taken down it said something about arno so.. something to do with him

GoldenBoy9999
11-04-2014, 12:56 AM
when I saw the video before it got taken down it said something about arno so.. something to do with him

I figured.

The_Kiwi_
11-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Assassin's Creed Unity: Guillotine Editions are now being shipped to home addresses, how very exciting!

cawatrooper9
11-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Assassin's Creed Unity: Guillotine Editions are now being shipped to home addresses, how very exciting!

Ahh, hype train coming into station!
I just checked my order. It's through Amazon, so it's not shipped yet. Should be soon, though! :)

prince162010
11-04-2014, 03:35 AM
Hi
Anyone has the leaked gameplay videos ? plz PM me them ;)

Wolfmeister1010
11-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the lighting in this game is absolutely gorgeous? It really shows in the customization parts..the lighting and physics and models of Arno and his outfits are CGI level amazing.

Wolfmeister1010
11-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Also..anyone notice that the animations in the recent build are a bit...weird..? They seem choppier and quicker.

Old build:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-03-2014/MCijpO.gif

New Build:

**** the gif isn't generating properly hold on

I-Like-Pie45
11-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Downgrade confirmed

marvelfannumber
11-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the lighting in this game is absolutely gorgeous? It really shows in the customization parts..the lighting and physics and models of Arno and his outfits are CGI level amazing.

The lighting engine is definetly the graphical highlight of the game, the rest though is hit or miss.

I expect the AC game we get in 2-3 years will finally look the part, I just hope Unity keeps it's promises in playing the part.

TMS-GAMERS
11-04-2014, 07:58 AM
is there modern day ( modern time ) in assassin's creed unity ?

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 10:42 AM
is there modern day ( modern time ) in assassin's creed unity ?

Yes, but it's more generic and impersonal, much like in AC4. That is to say, we're not getting anything remotely similar to what we used to have with Desmond, Lucy, Rebecca, Shaun and Desmond's father. Many fans spoke of a possible reboot of that approach, with a new deep and intricate meta-story, but Ubisoft recently denied this. Building a meta-story as complex and detailed as the one we had in AC3, for instance, requires significant resources, creating a whole new city, its infrastructures, etc. So, this context is fairly counterproductive for Ubisoft, at the moment.

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes, but it's more generic and impersonal, much like in AC4. That is to say, we're not getting anything remotely similar to what we used to have with Desmond, Lucy, Rebecca, Shaun and Desmond's father. Many fans spoke of a possible reboot of that approach, with a new deep and intricate meta-story, but Ubisoft recently denied this. Building a meta-story as complex and detailed as the one we had in AC3, for instance, requires significant resources, creating a whole new city, its infrastructures, etc. So, this context is fairly counterproductive for Ubisoft, at the moment.
I can't understand this...if Ubisoft does not care the modern day storyline at all (because of the needs of resources, time and money), why did not they close the modern line in AC3? They left it opened with Juno's awakening and with this they made against themselves, because they have to create something in every AC game which relates to the modern storyline.

Farlander1991
11-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I can't understand this...if Ubisoft does not care the modern day storyline at all (because of the needs of resources, time and money), why did not they close the modern line in AC3? They left it opened with Juno's awakening and with this they made against themselves, because they have to create something in every AC game which relates to the modern storyline.

Ubisoft does not not care about modern day storyline, they do. However, historical parts are the star of the series and where the biggest amount of resources goes to (rightly so) which makes modern day as originally envisioned by Ubisoft to be pretty much impossible to create, so they reformatted and restructured the way modern day storytelling method works to fit into realities of development.

And, honestly, while I would prefer a traditional third-person narrative in-line with the historical part, the new modern day approach is going to allow the stories to actually be coherent and have more quality. It's the abstract parts of modern day that excel in some way. What was the most intriguing part of AC2 modern day? The glyphs inside the Animus. Where did Desmond rose up to accept his destiny as an Assassin? Not anywhere in AC1-ACB, with the only character progression being that in ACB he's somewhat less reluctant than in AC1 (plus he got more skillz), it's in the abstract Desmond's Journey levels he got that. And AC4 Desmond audio logs provide more character development for Desmond than AC3 ever does - his thoughts, doubts, regrets, and coming up to the terms that he's not going to survive this. Where was all this stuff in AC3? Nowhere.

An abstract approach is to the benefit of AC modern day, in terms of lore and character development of other characters and lots of other things.

To be fair, though, I think if Ubi would keep the modern day story very simple and straightforward, it could all have been averted, and both Desmond's Saga would be more polished and there would be no need for such restructuring, but modern day in terms of its story and lore and everything became quite complex, so other storytelling methods should be used to deal with it.

Secu12
11-04-2014, 02:29 PM

Did you receive the confirmation e-mail from Ubisoft regarding the shipping of the package? Where do you live?

I am from Romania, Eastern Europe, and I got nothing yet.

The_Kiwi_
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Did you receive the confirmation e-mail from Ubisoft regarding the shipping of the package? Where do you live?

I am from Romania, Eastern Europe, and I got nothing yet.

Yes I received a confirmation email and I live in New Zealand, Eastern Oceania, Southern Hemisphere :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Where is your proof of this? All we've seen so far are time anomlies and those helix data gathering games. No sign of Modern Day whatsoever.

The glyphs inside the Animus

Glyphs aren't modern day.

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Regarding MD, what do they honesty have to go on? They obviously can't go the "Me vs. Juno" route. But aside from initiates, there's nothing really meaningful to go back on. That is unless they return Des or form a new protagonist...(Sigh)

Glyphs aren't modern day.

At one point, it was an essential part.

Now it's an App!!! ;)

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 02:49 PM
But aside from initiates, there's nothing really meaningful to go back on.

>implying initiates is meaningful

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 02:53 PM
>implying initiates is meaningful

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

I'm not the biggest fan...

But i'd be lying if I said they didn't have anything that would effective in MD.

( I.e. Otso Berg, Galina, Gavin, etc)

Chipworm
11-04-2014, 02:56 PM
What's the problem with initiates? I'm genuinely curious. Personally I've enjoyed the podcasts and the website and I look forward to its return.

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Where is your proof of this? All we've seen so far are time anomlies and those helix data gathering games. No sign of Modern Day whatsoever.

(...)
Well, it's from one of the Q&A sequences. I apologize, but I've been trying to research the exact one, but I haven't found it yet. I have the excerpt provided by Farlander, though:

(...)

Some quotes from Darby from one of the Q&As:

(...)

JustPlainQuirky
I'm not the biggest fan...

But i'd be lying if I said they didn't have anything that would effective in MD.

( I.e. Otso Berg, Galina, Gavin, etc)

Those characters are a filler to me and in my headcanon they don't exist.

Anyway, on the topic of Unity, I'm still confused.

edit: wait nvm joel is explaining

Namikaze_17
I personally find nothing wrong with it...

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

Other Members? >.>

Those characters are a filler to me and in my headcanon they don't exist.

I understand...

m4r-k7
11-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Da hell....combat looks incredibly easy...easier than AC 3 and AC 4...what? I think most guards are incredibly easy apart from some which are rare to find.... :(

[link removed]

The_Kiwi_
11-04-2014, 03:01 PM
What's the problem with initiates? I'm genuinely curious. Personally I've enjoyed the podcasts and the website and I look forward to its return.

Because you have to use Initiates to unlock game content such as treasure chests

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:02 PM
@joel

Darby just spent time explaining why there's now a new modern day without actually explaining what the new Modern Day is. I'm still horribly confused.

WE do believe in the modern day (we wouldn't have created Initiates if we didn't)

MD created that monster

http://media3.giphy.com/media/4UzCGXbCViCVq/200_s.gif

@chip

click the link in my sig for my explanation

The_Kiwi_
11-04-2014, 03:04 PM
MD created that monster

Is that Senpai Geoffrey Rush? :D

I swear, if Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy had a baby, I would marry it instantly

I was hoping for a Barbossa costume in AC4...

Anywho, yes Unity!
Indeed.

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Da hell....combat looks incredibly easy...easier than AC 3 and AC 4...what? I think most guards are incredibly easy apart from some which are rare to find.... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgIvSckwK5I

Wow...this combat looks so easy. I think it may give Brotherhood's a run for its money. :rolleyes:

Plus Arno's running annoys me.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I've been avoiding gameplay videos.

Only one I bothered watching was the costume one because I'm all about dat fashion.

Farlander1991
11-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Wow...this combat looks so easy. I think it may give Brotherhood's a run for its money.

Plus Arno's running annoys me.

I won't judge combat until I play it myself. I've seen quite lots of footage where 2/3 star enemies weren't too easy, and the players by that time didn't look like they didn't know what they were doing.

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Regarding MD, what do they honesty have to go on? They obviously can't go the "Me vs. Juno" route. But aside from initiates, there's nothing really meaningful to go back on. That is unless they return Des or form a new protagonist...(Sigh)
Why is it obvious? They could go with the "Me" route if they wanted to. (I don't say I want this way but it is even much better than nothing in modern day.)
They should just give him/her a personality and a name and write a story for him/her just like Desmond's. The problem is that this story needs to be written...and needs other resources.

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I won't judge combat until I play it myself. I've seen quite lots of footage where 2/3 star enemies weren't too easy, and the players by that time didn't look like they didn't know what they were doing.

As will I. It also could be possible the player was in an easier area as well. And you're right about those players as well.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Well since Ubi is indeed pulling the 'MD is real life' card,

I'll just go ahead and say MD is dropped.

Just like Liberation's MD, it's nowhere to be seen.

Not that I'm mourning too much. Better to have it not exist than have ACIV's iPad adventures again.

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 03:23 PM
@joel

Darby just spent time explaining why there's now a new modern day without actually explaining what the new Modern Day is. I'm still horribly confused.

MD created that monster

@chip

click the link in my sig for my explanation
Well, the part where he specifies that AC will unlikely go back to the AC1-AC3 meta-story approach, seemed clear enough. It will be generic and impersonal, much like in AC4, like it or not (personally, I don't). And he clarifies it further, with the resources card. Its a valid explanation, but it doesn't explain everything, I believe.

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Why is it obvious? They could go with the "Me" route if they wanted to. (I don't say I want this way but it is even much better than nothing in modern day.)
They should just give him/her a personality and a name and write a story for him/her just like Desmond's. The problem is that this story needs to be written...and needs other resources.

Thing is, if making a new MD Protagonist is really that difficult, why not just make the "Me" experience more exciting? Let us choose how we answer to people, let it actions affect the story line, give us a name, ANYTHING.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Well, the part where he specifies that AC will unlikely go back to the AC1-AC3 meta-story approach, seemed clear enough. It will be generic and impersonal, much like in AC4, like it or not (personally, I don't). And he clarifies it further, with the resources card. Its a valid explanation, but it doesn't explain everything, I believe.

That tells me what ACUnity's MD isn't. Not what it is.

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Thing is, if making a new MD Protagonist is really that difficult, why not just make the "Me" experience more exciting? Let us choose how we answer to people, let it actions affect the story line, give us a name, ANYTHING.

this still would need resources they don't want to spend on the modern days..

IMO they should remove any modern day story completely and just keep the animus and databases about other past events we might find information about in the game, no need to have a modern day story just for the sake of having it...

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:45 PM
I should just stop investing in the Juno saga and the MD as a whole.

Not worth my time if the only ounce of MD left is going to be put behind a website so...

*enters memory wiping machine*

Juno? What's that?

Let's just hope the ancestor storyline is good. I fear it might be too predictable.

Particularly, Elise's death

Megas_Doux
11-04-2014, 03:45 PM
AC III killed the modern part and Ubi does not know, or care, how to "fix it".

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:48 PM

ACIV killed it for me, but I agree.

I'll just be like the majority of players and try remain oblivious to the overarching MD narrative.

(y'know, the one that doesn't exist anymore?)

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 03:51 PM
That tells me what ACUnity's MD isn't. Not what it is.
Well, I disagree, and the information from the developers themselves indicate as much, at least in my understanding. So, I guess we'll see in a few days.

Namikaze_17
11-04-2014, 03:55 PM

If anything, I thought MD became less and less interesting as we started realizing who sub.16 and the first civ actually were.

Just killed all suspense. ACIII was just supposed to be the pay off to this, and unfortunately it flopped.

AC2-AC3 killed MD really. AC1 still intrigues me to this day even with the stuff that followed.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Well, I disagree, and the information from the developers themselves indicate as much, at least in my understanding. So, I guess we'll see in a few days.

I just want a demonstration of the MD. but it seems to me from what I can gather it's not something that can be demostrated because it's a concept and does not have an actual presence in-game. But thats based off of what I read because like I said it's not communicated well what the MD is.

But yeah it comes out in a week so we'll see.

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Darby talks about time, money and other resources regarding to the modern storyline.
But Darby doesn't talk about NOT TO MAKE 2 or 3 AC games per a year. If they didn't create as much AC games yearly, they would have all the resources for a whole game with modern storyline.

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 04:08 PM
I just want a demonstration of the MD. but it seems to me from what I can gather it's not something that can be demostrated because it's a concept and does not have an actual presence in-game. But thats based off of what I read because like I said it's not communicated well what the MD is.

But yeah it comes out in a week so we'll see.
I don't think you should expect a demonstration before the game comes out, I think it'd be unreasonable to do so at this point. I find logic in continuing the previous approach (AC4), which was fundamentally impersonal. Although, logic has nothing to do with personal taste, and I hated that approach. Plus, I find that whole Abstergo Entertainment thing, pathetic and lame, to say the least. To go from the AC1-AC3 meta-story approach, to the AC4 one, was not going down a few steps, it was falling into a bottomless pit.

Darby talks about time, money and other resources regarding to the modern storyline.
But Darby doesn't talk about NOT TO MAKE 2 or 3 AC games per a year. If they didn't create as much AC games yearly, they would have all the resources for a whole game with modern storyline.
Well, generally speaking, I'd agree, The problem is, they may launch an AC game every year, but production for it takes several years. So, the time variable is the same, and it's irrelevant. However, that means that Ubisoft is already producing 2-3 AC installments, to follow Unity. That's probably where (and how) the resources are blown away.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 04:14 PM
I don't think you should expect a demonstration before the game comes out,

why not? we've gotten a demonstration on practically everything else

To go from the AC1-AC3 meta-story approach, to the AC4 one, was not going down a few steps, it was falling into a bottomless pit.

word.

Farlander1991
11-04-2014, 04:16 PM

With the exception of ACR, AC1 and AC2 have the smallest (content-wise) modern day parts out of any main console AC game so far, and they weren't early releases. Just saying.

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 04:21 PM
why not? we've gotten a demonstration on practically everything else
That's a bit subjective. We have been given a few demonstrations on some aspects of the game, particularly the new one's, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a demonstration on everything else except the meta-story. But I do agree with you on the cloak and dagger behavior, regarding the meta-story. It wouldn't have harmed anyone, to give us a few more details about it.

word.
I absolutely loved the AC3 meta-story approach. Even if it was sometimes confusing, between AC1-AC3, I always found it thrilling.

TheHumanTowel
11-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't understand how people think AC4's modern day is such a dramatic drop in quality. It's basically just AC1's modern day except you play as an iPad instead of Desmond. It's still got a meta-story or whatever with the Sage and everything.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't understand how people think AC4's modern day is such a dramatic drop in quality. It's basically just AC1's modern day except you play as an iPad instead of Desmond. It's still got a meta-story or whatever with the Sage and everything.

I never liked ACI's modern day.

Wolfmeister1010
11-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I thought AC4 modern day was good.

I just don't like the idea of the "eye" of the temple that for some reason could save the world with a touch.

But, I am willing to go give the Juno/Sage plot a chance.

TheHumanTowel
11-04-2014, 04:36 PM
I never liked ACI's modern day.
Ok I'm just going off people here saying AC1-AC3's approach was so much better than AC4's. I was happy to have a more scaled back modern day seeing as they're obviously not willing to put resources into making a good more expansive modern day. When you half-*** it you end up with AC3 ​shudder

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Ok I'm just going off people here saying AC1-AC3's approach was so much better than AC4's. I was happy to have a more scaled back modern day seeing as they're obviously not willing to put resources into making a good more expansive modern day. When you half-*** it you end up with AC3 ​shudder

TBH the only MD i remember having fun with was brotherhood's

(or was it AC2's? I can't remember)

Basically the one where Desmond saw the bleeding effect image of ezio when going through the tunnels.

I really felt a strong connection between past and present. Not to mention there was much more plot progression.

twenty_glyphs
11-04-2014, 04:45 PM

A persistent and ongoing present day that never sleeps... except for when it's taken offline for over 4 months leading up to the year's major game release.

The idea for Initiates is good, but as usual, it's the execution that's lacking. I'm all for making the modern day more of a self-contained story from game to game and getting out of the way of the historical story. I never thought it was a good idea to have Desmond go to all of those places in AC3, and it showed in the poor execution of that content. I think modern day worked well with one location, especially when that location dovetailed with the historical setting like in Brotherhood with Monterrigioni and the Colosseum.

I'm not asking for a lot of modern day stuff, like different characters and settings. I don't even mind if we never actually leave the Animus/Helix. I just want there to be some modern day presence that we can access somehow -- emails to hack, puzzles to solve, updates on Initiates -- something. And most importantly, there needs to be an actual story for the modern day aspect. There needs to be more of a reason to explore history that creates more conflict and tension than just "welcome new Abstergo employee, please begin your job of exploring this person's life." This Juno threat is so vague that it's boring. Even if that story stretches out, at least give us specific goals for each game, like stopping a specific plan of hers using information found in the historical story. It's just too vague right now with Juno and Abstergo to care. Abstergo feels like a laughable threat now, and there's been no evidence that Juno is even doing anything yet to create any tension or interest.

If they want Initiates to be taken seriously, this update will split the ongoing missions/sync functionality off from the modern-day story updates and historical dossiers of characters/settings so that they can leave the content of the site up even while updating the missions and sync functionality. Taking it down for over 4 months makes it even more obvious that it just doesn't really matter when it comes to the modern day story.

EDIT:

Basically the one where Desmond saw the bleeding effect image of ezio when going through the tunnels.

I really felt a strong connection between past and present. Not to mention there was much more plot progression.

I completely agree. The modern day story was at its best when the past and present began to dovetail into each other and affect each other. It was really interesting.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 04:47 PM
"Add AC Initiates to the formula, and you have something that is worse than The Lost Archieve: an incomprehensible, disjointed mess that never dies... "

Fixed for Darby-senpai

Farlander1991
11-04-2014, 04:50 PM

To be fair, for the most part AC1-AC3 approach wasn't that much different from AC4's with a few exceptions.

AC1 MD: A confined location with a bunch of dialogues with characters and e-mails to read.
AC2 MD: Three very short playable segments with a few dialogues (much less than in AC1), and glyphs inside the past section.
ACB MD: Two lengthy playable segments (one in the beginning and one in the end), and then a confined location with a bunch of dialogues with characters and e-mails to read, and glyphs integrated into the past section.
ACR MD: A confined location with some dialogues and several abstract missions of a different style.
AC3 MD: A confined location with quite a few dialogues and a bunch of e-mails to read and quite a bit of exploration (which unlike ACB location was all new), and three lengthy playable segments in different parts of the game.

So in total like 80% of the MD was always just talking to people, reading e-mails and doing some abstract things, with traditional AC gameplay being in the minority of our MD activities.

joelsantos24
11-04-2014, 04:53 PM

That's Brotherhood. They had to move to Monteriggioni in order to escape the Templars, but the entrance in the library was sealed, so Desmond had to lead Lucy through the tunnels and open it from the inside of the chamber. It's one of my favorites too.

Journey93
11-04-2014, 05:48 PM
To be fair, for the most part AC1-AC3 approach wasn't that much different from AC4's with a few exceptions.

AC1 MD: A confined location with a bunch of dialogues with characters and e-mails to read.
AC2 MD: Three very short playable segments with a few dialogues (much less than in AC1), and glyphs inside the past section.
ACB MD: Two lengthy playable segments (one in the beginning and one in the end), and then a confined location with a bunch of dialogues with characters and e-mails to read, and glyphs integrated into the past section.
ACR MD: A confined location with some dialogues and several abstract missions of a different style.
AC3 MD: A confined location with quite a few dialogues and a bunch of e-mails to read and quite a bit of exploration (which unlike ACB location was all new), and three lengthy playable segments in different parts of the game.

So in total like 80% of the MD was always just talking to people, reading e-mails and doing some abstract things, with traditional AC gameplay being in the minority of our MD activities.

how is it similiar?? you are just grasping at straws its true the MD parts were never classic AC BUT AC IV took it to a whole other level
having Desmond a real character interacting with the world was much better than having a random voiceless employee
there was also a real story it was like the historical parts mattered
AC IV's MD is a joke and everyone knows it

andrew_m50
11-04-2014, 05:58 PM

Yes, but in Unity all of these (explorable confined location, reading emails, talking to other characters, hacking, glyphs) will be missing...it seems. We just get some cutscene videos and that's all. So: nothing playable/controllable...that's the point. You just sit and watch.