PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag - Any more community challenges?

BrowncoatN7
09-22-2014, 03:38 PM
I missed a few community challenge rewards, are there going to be any more challenges, or some other way to unlock those rewards in the future?

Locopells
09-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the last cycle of community challenge was about a month ago, there won't be any more. There's yet to be an announcement as to whether they're gonna be unlocked at a future date.

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the last cycle of community challenge was about a month ago, there won't be any more. There's yet to be an announcement as to whether they're gonna be unlocked at a future date.

But will we have any official statement at some point or will they just remain quiet and let it go? what do you think?

Jackdaw951
09-22-2014, 04:36 PM
My bet is that they'll give us the corporate wall of silence customary for consumer complaints, unless they actually fix the issue.

Locopells
09-22-2014, 05:11 PM
But will we have any official statement at some point or will they just remain quiet and let it go? What do you think?

Unknown. We can only speculate at this point.

Mr_Shade
09-22-2014, 05:16 PM
I will see if I can find any information out ;)

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 05:25 PM
I will see if I can find any information out ;)

That would be awesome Shade :D

Mr_Shade
09-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Official statement time:

Unfortunately there is no way to unlock the Community Challenge – as a onetime unlock - if you missed the last two rounds of unlocks, these were done to ensure as many people as possible were able to obtain them, there is no way we can unlock them for you all at once.

If the team see there is enough demand for future rounds of unlocks via the Community Challenges, they will consider doing another round though!.

BrowncoatN7
09-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Official statement time:

Unfortunately there is no way to unlock the Community Challenge – as a onetime unlock - if you missed the last two rounds of unlocks, these were done to ensure as many people as possible were able to obtain them, there is no way we can unlock them for you all at once.

If the team see there is enough demand for future rounds of unlocks via the Community Challenges, they will consider doing another round though!

A pity, I missed the announcement for the last rounds (I just joined the forums, and I don't remember seeing anything on the Facebook page?). Thanks for answering though, I hope there'll be more rounds :)

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Official statement time:

If the team see there is enough demand for future rounds of unlocks via the Community Challenges, they will consider doing another round though!

Well to be completely honest the reality is a lot of the people who would want them do not have a voice because they are just about to buy the game. It would be a nice idea to have one last round just right before we Rogue goes Gold.

Can we agree to use this post to support having more community challenges? Hehe

Kakuzu745
09-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Shade, one more question...I guess it is also not possible to add at some point some of the items that were tied to promotions? Like the schick and Dr. Pepper items.

MikhailGrass178
09-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Well to be completely honest the reality is a lot of the people who would want them do not have a voice because they are just about to buy the game. It would be a nice idea to have one last round just right before we Rogue goes Gold.

Can we agree to use this post to support having more community challenges? Hehe

As a relatively new AC4 player - and certainly new to Community Challenges - I too would appreciate another round!

BrowncoatN7
09-24-2014, 10:00 AM
As a relatively new AC4 player - and certainly new to Community Challenges - I too would appreciate another round!

Agreed, new round, please!

I just joined the forum, so I had no idea there were community challenges going on this summer. It would be nice to finally get the reward items.

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Shade, one more question...I guess it is also not possible to add at some point some of the items that were tied to promotions? Like the schick and Dr. Pepper items.
very unlikely - since the codes for the content where only produced for that - so once they have gone - they are gone :(

The_Kiwi_
09-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I haven't come across any in a while

I think they'll make a return in Rogue though

Landruner
09-24-2014, 10:27 AM

I hope you guys at Ubisoft understand that with the re-edition of AC4 included with AC3 and ACL set, future buyers of that set are going to be upset not being able to get some contents of that game (AC4).

My point is that you are re-selling a game with missing feature(s) - additionally a game that its SP has barely been patched post release. and that not been updated since Feb 2014. (They are still glitches that prevent the chest or the Royal ships to appear)

I mean for a AAA and massive game like AC4, it looks bad and cheap from Ubisoft. .

Even if it looks miniscule because those contents or features are cosmetic contents, in the absolute this is wrong and dishonest for new buyer and customers.

Locopells
09-24-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm not Ubisoft, but don't worry, I get it.

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 11:48 AM
I hope you guys at Ubisoft understand that with the re-edition of AC4 included with AC3 and ACL set, future buyers of that set are going to be upset not being able to get some contents of that game (AC4).

My point is that you are re-selling a game with missing feature(s) - additionally a game that its SP has barely been patched post release. and that not been updated since Feb 2014. (They are still glitches that prevent the chest or the Royal ships to appear)

I mean for a AAA and massive game like AC4, it looks bad and cheap from Ubisoft. .

Even if it looks miniscule because those contents or features are cosmetic contents, in the absolute this is wrong and dishonest for new buyer and customers.

Which goes back to my post..

At present they have ended.. but..

If there is demand - and the re-release 'may' just be that? - they will repeat - however we can't just unlock them, which some have asked also..

Kakuzu745
09-24-2014, 06:16 PM

Land, I think it mostly comes to promoting this post "everywhere" to show that there is actually still demand for this. However, I do think that most of the people that will be affected by this are new AC4 players who do not even know about these forums and are asking themselves how to get these items and what is a community challenge.

Again, I strongly believe that Ubi should make a last round just before Rogue release to allow those new players, that just go the game to get the tie in to Rogue, to wrap up Black Flag,

very unlikely - since the codes for the content where only produced for that - so once they have gone - they are gone :(

That is so sad...I have the Dr. Pepper codes but sadly I never got to reddem them on the site and now the site is basically gone. They should at least make the website available again :P

Landruner
09-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Which goes back to my post..

At present they have ended.. but..

If there is demand - and the re-release 'may' just be that? - they will repeat - however we can't just unlock them, which some have asked also..

Okay the events ended and I understand that, but what about the codes for unlocking those ULCs?

I mean Ubisoft is re-selling the AC4 game under another entry, so, I believe it would be nice to allow new buyers of that trilogy set to get those as well as the ones that missed them.
The AC4/SP needs to be patched as well - (It had been months that I got that social events glitches that prevent the Royal convoy to appear like they should and that also prevents from giving the rewards, and I am not the only one that got into that situation)

And yes there is a demand since they had been several threads (5 actually) over the 5 past weeks regarding those events and COM challenges and the missing items

Kakuzu745
09-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Okay the events ended and I understand that, but what about the codes for unlocking those ULCs?

I mean Ubisoft is re-selling the AC4 game under another entry, so, I believe it would be nice to allow new buyers of that trilogy set to get those as well as the ones that missed them.
The AC4/SP needs to be patched as well - (It had been months that I got that social events glitches that prevent the Royal convoy to appear like they should and that also prevents from giving the rewards, and I am not the only one that got into that situation)

And yes there is a demand since they had been several threads (5 actually) over the 5 past weeks regarding those events and COM challenges and the missing items

To be honest with the american trilogy it just has to happen...it would be like selling an incomplete game to the people that bought the trilogy.

iceburg1
09-25-2014, 11:45 PM
I just recently upgarded to a ps4, and just got AC4, since my PS3 is broken... while i understand that all my stuff (save data, ULC, DLC, etc.) Isn't transfurable from my PS3 (especially my MacFarlane toy ULC's, which were my favorite outfit n weapon) i would still like to unlock everything possible, AGAIN!

hopefully maybe you could patch it? Or make a community challage simply for just playing AC4 :cool:

Landruner
09-26-2014, 12:49 PM
To be honest with the american trilogy it just has to happen...it would be like selling an incomplete game to the people that bought the trilogy.

Exactly my point my friend, it is indeed selling a brand new game with missing features.

Kakuzu745
09-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Ubi brought this upon themselves with this idea so to be fair they should support this for way more time.

uilliam13
10-30-2014, 12:02 AM
aye, played AC BF IV starting in may and never played AC before. did so because my PC shat the bed and I got a ps3 a couple of weeks before ps4 came out. mostly played age of conan 6 hours a day and didn't do the bouncy gaming like most folks. was kinda like a WoW fiend for AoC. RS 2014 was alright. in may AC BF IV was a hit for me. never got my black sails with white skulls, initiates shut down, promoted the game to friends and it was down for them. shameful support.

so yeah, if you're gonna sell a copy of the game and not fix it uncode the appearance of it being available to anyone that starts playing after a certain date say christmas. do something rather than nothing. drop a chest with a label community challenge in islands. it doesn't promote anything good to be half arsed about something and just not change it. no offense, my writing skills are poor and I just don't know how else to say it. even the cost of finding a remedy will be far lower than revenue lost for not doing so. personally won't be buying a RS 2014 tune from you guys again, likely now not watch dogs and be hesitant about anything else in the future.

I love AC and will play even if fragmented, but a good word gets mentioned to 1 and a bad word gets mentioned to 10. not exactly a brilliant business move in my opinion. and in poor taste for sure...

tkarenko
10-31-2014, 12:23 AM
With the America collection out and the Xbox One bundle coming out soon, you can bet there will be a demand.

The_Kiwi_
10-31-2014, 08:31 AM
With the America collection out and the Xbox One bundle coming out soon, you can bet there will be a demand.

Xbox One bundle?
You mean the bundle with the console and AC4+Unity?

SuomiKissa
11-01-2014, 08:25 AM
I think it is outrageous and buying customers to the point that now the game is incomplete, because there is no community challenges. To think that AC4 is only one year old. Some kind of responsibility should be Ubi products they sell, and their commitment to the functionality of a particular term, which should also occur in the game to the buyer in the purchase stage. Less than a year service life is far too short, about community challenges. Is it brings can be automated by coding a function that runs the ballast at the same time, the discoveries, the whales, the royal convoy and trunks?

I wonder what might be the Consumer Ombudsman something like that?

It is now becoming a big sales campaign AC4 XBOXOne and with it the new players to the table and can not achieve all that this has been put, not good.

I have now played the AC4 XBOXOne and no challenge to the community is evident. Anyway One version seems to be pretty bad (sounds lost in combat, the challenges are not stored correctly, does not calculate correctly collected, the map will disappear countries, etc.) Compared to the XBOX360, which works much better. Also the multiplayer side of the problem. "The connection to the host" message appears repeatedly (myself the best green NAT), and the longest is gone for half an hour, that I had something to XBOXOne your session to return. XBOX360 multiplayer session can be reached immediately.

Something having to do Ubin.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 08:34 AM
I have now played the AC4 XBOXOne and no challenge to the community is evident. Anyway One version seems to be pretty bad (sounds lost in combat, the challenges are not stored correctly, does not calculate correctly collected, the map will disappear countries, etc.) Compared to the XBOX360, which works much better. Also the multiplayer side of the problem. "The connection to the host" message appears repeatedly (myself the best green NAT), and the longest is gone for half an hour, that I had something to XBOXOne your session to return. XBOX360 multiplayer session can be reached immediately.

Something having to do Ubin.

There are far more people on the Xbox 360 than the Xbox One, so maybe that's why you are having trouble reaching a game on the One.

-----------------------

What do community challenges award you? Guns, swords and figureheads, right?
Doesn't seem like a big loss not to have them, it's not like people are missing out on story missions

L100Seraphs
11-01-2014, 11:01 AM
A couple of minor corrections I just want to make to some earlier comments.

Posted by Kakuzu745:

What they're doing isn't "like" that. It is that. That is exactly what they are doing - selling a game with content on disc that the customer will never be able to access. And they are doing exactly that right now - the Americas collection has been available here in Australia for at least a week or two.

Posted by SuomiKissa:
I think it is outrageous and buying customers to the point that now the game is incomplete, because there is no community challenges. To think that AC4 is only one year old. Some kind of responsibility should be Ubi products they sell, and their commitment to the functionality of a particular term, which should also occur in the game to the buyer in the purchase stage. Less than a year service life is far too short, about community challenges.

AC4 was released on October 29th, 2013, and the last community challenge ended on August 27th or thereabouts, 2014.
So AC4 support was actually dropped by Ubisoft after only 10 months.
And don't forget, we're not talking about some old legacy title. This isn't like dropping support for Call of Duty 4 when there's been 4 or 5 CoDs released since then.
We're talking about what is still the latest entry in the series. If you go to a store today and say "I want the most recent Assassins Creed game you've got", Black Flag is what they'll sell you.

I've been a fan of AC for some time - I own every game on PS3, and all but Black Flag on PC, too. But now I worry about Unity, Rogue, and the support they'll receive. So I've decided to let Community Challenges be the decision maker when it comes to Unity and Rogue, for me.

I'll be picking up Rogue on PS3, and Unity on either PC or PS4 (I don't have a PS4 yet), when I've completed the Black Flag community challenges.

If the challenges return, I'll be able to 100% Black Flag, and I'll know that Ubisoft is willing to support its customers. I'll be able to make the purchases, confident that Ubisoft is going to look after me.

If the challenges never return, then that means Ubisoft really has dropped support for Black Flag after only 10 months, that they don't feel it necessary to support their flagship titles for even one year, and that it'll probably happen to Unity and Rogue as well.

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 03:46 PM
The content isn't on the disc, it's tied to Uplay. You lose certain items when you disconnect from the internet, including Community Challenge items.

SuomiKissa
11-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I've been playing AC games all the way through, even several times, and tried to get them 100% through the community because the challenges of the lack of cause irritation. XBOX360 AC4 I got it, but XBOX1, they now seem to be lost.
Challenges due to a lack of community, I can not get everything 100% completed, will be beyond her reach weapons, outfits and ship.

[QUOTE][AC4 was released on October 29th, 2013, and the last community challenge ended on August 27th or thereabouts, 2014.
So AC4 support was actually dropped by Ubisoft after only 10 months./QUOTE]

Comical here is the fact that XBOX1 officially released in Finland in September 2014, not 2013 like the rest of the world, therefore, to the Nordic XBOX1 console gamers and the games are new. Yes a lot has been sold here in the import versions of XBOX1, but there is a problem with the operating system wrong due.
So we do not have AC XBOX1 old, but a completely new game experience, which is freshly out of date.

It would also seem comical, that is a big campaign XBOX1 Xbox One Bundle (Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and the Xbox One) going, that even should Ubi community challenges, the AC4. Part of the package purchased by will be disappointed.

Sure enough XBOX1 is a multiplayer sessions rate, much less, so will be waiting for, but a continuous loop loss is strange that the 360 ​​is not so much the case. I guess little by little thing changes when XBOX1 the players position to grow.

I would also ask anyone here knows. Why AC4 multiplayer game does not XBOX360 (non AC MP level achievements), or XBOX1 (non AC MP level of achievements and merits) of those AC inheritances updating?

phoenix-force411
11-03-2014, 11:49 AM
One of the patches made does save the Uplay costumes to your save now so that you don't need constant Uplay connection anymore. As for the Community Challenges, that's up to Ubisoft to decide. I'm just glad I got all of them when the first round of Community Challenges came out, but for those who didn't complete them on the second round or just got the game recently will have to rely on the demands of other player's request to have Ubi start the challenges again for another round.

dei.machiavelli
11-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Here's another voice hoping for the community challenges to come back (or have them find some way to unlock the content somehow).

Didn't have a chance to play Black Flag before September. Finding the thread announcing that August was the last chance for doing the community challenges sounded a bit like a bad joke at first. The game hasn't even been out for a year by then and they already decided to permanently unlock new players from integrated ingame content!? I know that being one of those crazy 100 % completionists might be a problem on its own, it still kind of is a slap to the face to have absolutely no chance for unlocking the additional weapons and outfits any more. The game is still sold (even as bundle with Unity) and some players will enter the series with Unity (I alone know a handful of people who have just become interested). They all will face disappointment when they "go back" in the series and have to realise they cannot even have access to all the content visible in the menu.

Please Ubisoft, don't take that franchise and walk the path of EA, only caring about throwing out one game after another and not really caring about the people who play the games any more. What kind of adds to the bitterness: When browsing for a solution, you'll sooner or later find boards with people who play cracked versions of the game. That alone is annoying to notice as a paying customer. But to add injury to insult, people on those boards are laughing up their sleeves about issues like the end of the community challenges, as their cracked savegames HAVE that content unlocked. That really leaves a bitter taste.

Sorry for the rambling. Just wanted to keep that thread alive and show Ubisoft that there are people still wishing for them to change their mind about the communtiy challenges.

L100Seraphs
11-11-2014, 05:14 AM
I know the feeling. I have that same 100% completion nagging. I 100%ed AC, AC2 (twice - once on 360 and once on PS3), Bloodlines, and the single player aspects of Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3. The community challenges are all that hold me back from 100%ing the singleplayer aspects of 4. I've bought AC/2/Bro/Rev/3 on PC, too, and at some point will 100% them as well. I had always assumed I'd pick up Black Flag for PC, too, but seeing as I can't 100% it, I've held off. My OCD when it comes to this prevents me from moving on in the AC games, unfortunately, so it looks like Black Flag for PS3 is the last AC I'll buy at this rate.

tkarenko
11-11-2014, 06:05 AM
Just keep demanding another round of community events. The team said they'll do another round if there is a demand!

Logan_Portela
11-11-2014, 06:26 AM
Then, who bought the game now are f*k*, will never complete the communities events? Nice, thank you Ubisoft. Thank you very much.....

If they probably won't do more events for AC4 again, now they got AC Rogue and Unity, why Ubisoft don't release a patch with the event's rewards? And could avail to fix Anne Bonny's voice glitch too. Please!!!

Raptorpack
11-11-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm adding my vote to bring back community challenges for AC4 (especially on PS3). I agree with everything all the previous posts state on this thread about Ubisoft dropping the ball on all the content they offered. This isn't any customer's fault yet we are being blamed for "missing out". Extra content that is not label as "limited time only", yet imposed by Ubisoft as such, is poor business to level of toxic. I purchased AC Rogue to finish the story but I have no interest in AC Unity because Ubisoft has a poor reputation with it's online services. If adding my voice to bring back community challenges for AC4 helps then here it is. I hold no illusions however, that Ubisoft will ever do anything because the customer requests it. Ubisoft cares nothing for the customer and only for the instant gratification dollar. It is painfully obvious that Ubisoft has moved on from any previous title and cares only about the money they will make from the latest installments. People still exist that enjoy the previous products and if a company wanted to earn respect from its customers, so would they.. I will gladly stand for those that don't know about this forum and/or thread and therefore have no choice to offer their voice.

dei.machiavelli
11-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I still fail to get why they are making such a huge deal about it. Ubi is making it sound like implementing another round is an insanely difficult task and just unlooking the content is basically impossible.

Taking a bunch of programmers and finding a solution cannot be that hard (the concept must be ALL FINISHED from last time). It certainly would be way cheaper than spawning another round of TV commercials and certainly add immensely to customer satisfaction (looking through the threads on it, I seem to not be the only one seriously disappointed).

However, with the issues on the two new games out and the boards overflowing with people complaining about problems at release date (seriously, what did you expect?), I fear that chances for care about BF have become even smaller.

Morgan-GW
11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Adding one more request, since I did complete all of these on the last round... and then the PS3 died and took my save files with it.

I doubt there's any way now to tie these to our user or Uplay accounts, but please, Ubisoft, learn from this and don't tie "get it now or it's gone forever" items to a specific save file. Better yet, don't do anymore "get it now or it's gone forever" content that people who buy the games later will never be able to get, or don't have it sitting there mocking people who will never be able to reach full completion though no fault of their own.

AIRC00LED
11-13-2014, 07:24 AM
Bring Back the community events or make the content tied to them available to be built in-game. Seems like a simple request.

The-Speedy-Rhino
11-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Please Ubisoft, bring another round of community challenges, you started to do another round which i was pleased about but only halfway, you stopped making challenges in the middle of an ongoing round of events and i didn't get all the prizes and i'm missing the outfit and ship related stuff from the challenges.

SomaThis
11-15-2014, 02:33 PM
I apparently paid for an incomplete product :(

Seems like it would be easy enough just to redo them. Please, Ubisoft...

Rafe Harwood
11-16-2014, 02:19 AM
The community challenges should be put on a rolling automation, so those of us who enjoy replaying the game or new people to the franchise can still get them.

xaventh
11-16-2014, 03:37 AM
I would of thought after releasing the American Saga we would get another round, but I would not expect anything soon though. They are on clean up duty.

similarly
11-16-2014, 10:54 AM
I'd also like community challenges. That OR simply unlock for the rest of us the content that got locked by community challenges.

The_Kiwi_
11-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Be honest, would you actually use the unlocks or do you just want it for true 100%?

Jackdaw951
11-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Be honest, would you actually use the unlocks or do you just want it for true 100%?

I did use some of them, like the sails and figurehead. I used to rotate through several favorite sets of items, which included CE stuff. But that was on the 360. The community events were long gone before I got my XONE version of AC4 in the Unity bundle.

dei.machiavelli
11-16-2014, 09:22 PM

To me, it's both (and even if I wouldn't use all of it - having the CHANCE of unlocking and using them is all their purpose. If you just go by usage, you could remove at least 50 % of all weapons, outfits etc). And I don't think it matters why individual players want to have them.

Additionaly, it'snot only a question of the content itself (although I would be happy with that alone ^^), but of principle. They increased online integration massively with BF and forced people to stay connected to their servers for full game experience. Personally, I think that's okay as long as it really improves the game and works as it should. However, with the Community Challenges, Ubi first created an integral online feature (which obviously lies within their control only) and then decided to simply switch it off (without even offering the slightest alternative) barely ten months after the game's release. And then they announced it like "make sure to get it, because it will be the last chance" (= we are telling you that it is YOUR problem we do not support that function any longer). This policy annoys me. What if they suddenly decide to stop other online features (white whales etc), not host the multiplayer servers any longer or take the game off uplay with no care about offline functionality?

similarly
11-17-2014, 01:04 AM
As well, if they're going to continue to SELL the game, they SHOULD continue to SUPPORT the game.

SuomiKissa
11-17-2014, 08:08 AM
To me, it's both (and even if I wouldn't use all of it - having the CHANCE of unlocking and using them is all their purpose. If you just go by usage, you could remove at least 50 % of all weapons, outfits etc). And I don't think it matters why individual players want to have them.

Additionaly, it'snot only a question of the content itself (although I would be happy with that alone ^^), but of principle. They increased online integration massively with BF and forced people to stay connected to their servers for full game experience. Personally, I think that's okay as long as it really improves the game and works as it should. However, with the Community Challenges, Ubi first created an integral online feature (which obviously lies within their control only) and then decided to simply switch it off (without even offering the slightest alternative) barely ten months after the game's release. And then they announced it like "make sure to get it, because it will be the last chance" (= we are telling you that it is YOUR problem we do not support that function any longer). This policy annoys me. What if they suddenly decide to stop other online features (white whales etc), not host the multiplayer servers any longer or take the game off uplay with no care about offline functionality?

Great, you're talking about the full thing.

Already in the consumer / buyer, it is important that the seller / Ubi sells a complete product for a certain time. And does not make an independent decision too hastily, such as stopping (less than a year), these community challenges. Because they are designed to the game so that all can achieve 100% complete without them. The second would be if it were not so.

Has not yet been consumer-represented niiinkään missing game content, the only age limit markings, but the point, even the time will come when the games are filled / is increasing all the time, with all the little shopping 'buy this or that' product for which the seller must also bear the responsibility.

JCar4327
11-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I was not able to get an Xbox One when it first came out. When I finally got one the first game I bought was AC IV. I wanted to see if there really was a difference between the game from one console to the other. The game is way better on the One, but since I got the One after they stopped supporting the game I can't get the community challenge stuff, though I have it on the 360. I am, therefore, adding my voice in support of Ubi bringing back support of the community challenges.

Volcannon
11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Another round of Community challenges would be awesome as I am only missing 2 swords.

AdmiralPerry
11-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Been awhile since I've posted here, but also throwing in my two cents in the hope they'll bring these back in some capacity. Real life kept me from playing the game consistently, and I was on vacation when the last round of events was run back in early August, so I missed out on two of the events. Managed to get the other four, but I'm OCD and I like having everything available in my games eventually. I also have Black Flag for the PS4, which I've not yet played (the PS4 is my mom's, I have the Xbox). It would be nice to be able to get everything in that version, too, and I feel that it isn't exactly fair to 'punish' those who buy the game late or can't play it every day/every other day by locking them out of in-game content that really should be available without the use of some silly community challenge. Exclusive DLC from other collector's editions is eventually made available to all, so why can't this be the same way?

WolfishDiamond
11-23-2014, 12:40 AM
I also agree that they should bring the Community Challenges back back.

smixon31
11-24-2014, 06:50 PM
I somewhat agree that they should be brought back. Or at the very least as someone suggested be put into a rolling automation release or something. Don't think its a very wise business decision to do a re-release of a product that is still glitchy and offer no support.

So my vote is to make it part of the game itself and not tied to online content. Whoever at Ubi thought that making part of the 100% completion tied to "online challenges" was a good idea needs to be put in our shoes. Just a thought.

Centor
11-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Yes I voted for another round :) .
And I'm totally agree with smixon31's suggestion, I think it's a really good idea.

BattleFeverC
11-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Hi, I also vote for another round of community challenges for AC IV Black Flag. C'mon Ubisoft, please make it happen.

machine4578
11-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Official statement time:

If the team see there is enough demand for future rounds of unlocks via the Community Challenges, they will consider doing another round though!.

that staement saying they cant be unlocked all at once is BULL!! a simple game patch\update is all they need to do since the items are in the game files already..
such lazy developers!

Rafe Harwood
11-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Before we make the mistake of asking for another round, let's make sure they add sometihng to the game where the thing keeps happening.

Otherwise all that will happen is they will give in, do one more round and then say they answered everybodies wishes and there was another, then leaving anyoneplaying the game after that, stuffed exactly as it is now.

jester1382
12-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Before we make the mistake of asking for another round, let's make sure they add sometihng to the game where the thing keeps happening.

Otherwise all that will happen is they will give in, do one more round and then say they answered everybodies wishes and there was another, then leaving anyoneplaying the game after that, stuffed exactly as it is now.

Can't the community challenges just be put on a constantly rotating one month cycle? Make them fairly easy for the community to complete, and then the devs won't have to worry about addressing this issue anymore.

dei.machiavelli
12-10-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't believe that they will add something and to be honest, I don't even really ask for that. I would be more than happy if they just decided to just host at least one additional round like the last one in summer (again, that concept must all be finished and cannot be more work than copy/paste). Although I'm getting more pessimistic by the day, I still kind of hope that they just wait for Christmas sales this year (and all the bundles that will be sold) and then host another round at the beginning of 2015. Cross your fingers!

Rafe Harwood
12-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Can't the community challenges just be put on a constantly rotating one month cycle? Make them fairly easy for the community to complete, and then the devs won't have to worry about addressing this issue anymore.

I am 100% with you on this.

Seraph279
12-16-2014, 06:51 AM
I also am in support of the return of Community Challenges, preferably with a way to automate them so they keep going. As some people earlier in the thread mentioned, this problem would probably just come up again if only one more round was issued. I liked Rogue so much that I plan on finally getting Black Flag soon, so as usual I did a little research into the game to make sure I can unlock everything in it, being the AC perfectionist that I am. Collecting every outfit, weapon, upgrade, etc. has always been the most difficult part for me because of all that "exclusive" nonsense, and I was extremely disappointed to find that quite a few items are only unlocked through those Community Challenges. I know for a fact that once I get 100% completion in Black Flag, seeing those Community Challenge exclusive items locked from use is going to drive my OCD insane. I know I'm not the only one here either. Black Flag still sells in stores, especially with it being the holiday season, and the new AC games will certainly make people buy the older ones. I even saw a commercial on TV for Black Flag not long ago.

Ubisoft has surprised me with how well they occasionally listen to their fans. I remember the "hood fiasco" in AC3, where many fans, myself included, were very upset over Connor keeping his hood down after completing the game. While most understood the symbolic reasoning behind this, they were also upset over the lack of the iconic Assassin hood. I was ecstatic when Ubisoft released a patch which made Connor keep his hood up again, despite it only being a cosmetic feature rather than a glitch, and it gave me a lot of respect for the company. I hope Ubisoft can do another amazing thing like this and bring back those Challenges. It would make more than just the people in this thread very happy.

TCESpencer
12-22-2014, 06:08 AM
I've been playing AC games since the first one (even got 100% completion in the facebook game that no longer exists), and the fact that they handled community challenges the way they handle community events on those pay-to-be-good facebook MMO's (devs have to start the damn thing manually) is something that I find ridiculous. You have all this technology in the systems and servers you run, you probably have great coders, and you have perks that are only available if you buy the game new (even a year or two later), yet you didn't think to make community challenges continuous? This is a big part of the reason I haven't bothered getting Liberation, Rogue, or Unity. I'm happy that I could get Connor's outfit (my favorite assassin so far), and to be fair the only community challenge unlock that you can get for Edward's appearance kinda sucks, but I'd love to have new appearance items for my ship.

PLEASE get it together and figure out a way to automate this for the foreseeable future, so as not to alienate your long-time fans who wanted to wait to play until they had the new generation of console, or your new fans who will want to go back and enjoy previous entries in the series. Thank you, and I hope you make the decision to bring the community challenges back (and maybe automate them so this isn't an issue in the future).

L100Seraphs
12-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Christmas is upon us, so hopefully we will see another round of community challenges, or some sort of more logical fix to the current Black Flag problem.
No new AC games were under the tree for me this year, of course, as I haven't yet 100%ed Black Flag, but hopefully the community challenge situation gets sorted out, and I can pick up Rogue and Unity after that. In the meantime, I've half a dozen other non-Ubi games that I was given for Christmas that I can play instead.

JabloodyG
12-27-2014, 06:44 PM
I sincerely hope something is done about this; I've been replaying all the AC games on PC (first played on console) and recently remembered I'm probably going to be locked out of these items because Ubisoft no long runs these challenges.

I also hope these types of systems are not implemented in future titles.

HenriqueIII
12-30-2014, 04:00 AM
Lots of people bought this game on christmas because steam's sales. Those people want 100% completation too. Do the community chalenges again pls.

BlackwidowLXX3
12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Please Mr Dev can you reinstate community challenges... just got Black Flag for the 360, played through sans net access on PC with the pre-order, great Kenway statue btw, so didn't get to go for the community challenge kit, please let us late adopters and restricted old timers have access to the goodies TIA from a humble member of the brotherhood

MasterAssasin84
12-30-2014, 08:08 PM
As much as I am enjoying Unity I have found myself going back to Black Flag !!

Black Flag was IMO one of the most immersive AC experiences Ive had ... I loved the sheer level of exploration and how the Creed was presented in a different interpretation .

And in all honesty I enjoyed Edward Kenway more than Arno .

TH3R4BB1T
01-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Why do they not circle them in a loop. THen new players in the future can still get the challenges and once you done them, lock them for that player...

The_Kiwi_
01-01-2015, 11:32 PM
Come on guys
This is Ubisoft
They don't like good ideas
:rolleyes:

CentralElephant
01-06-2015, 02:49 PM
C'mon ubi's! You're slowly killing the race completionist's..

Mr_Stunner
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM
At least gives us a place to show how many people want the challenges back!

Koguma89
01-08-2015, 01:41 AM
I'm so hoping for new opportunities to get all these challanges completed! :(

holdenbane
01-09-2015, 06:50 AM
as a seasoned completionist, I am frightened by ubisoft's actions here. hopefully this isn't the start of a new trend where if you don't buy a game right away, content that counts towards your completion can be locked away from you forever. I applaud my peers here for their calm approach to this issue, but quite frankly I'm pretty pissed. from my pov, the issue seems a simple one to resolve. either keep these items from affecting my completion, loop the events for a minimum of one year or don't include them at all. sounds like even a lot of the players that participated in these events were robbed of their prizes as well. what a POOR excuse I've heard too; "it's takes too many resources" to support our game longer than 10 months. honestly, that sounds pathetic coming from a big company like this. if you don't have the resources to do your job properly, then don't bother and don't include such an obviously silly feature. I will certainly be hard pressed to buy another game from ubisoft - which sucks - because I've really enjoyed assassins creed and far cry in the past. perhaps I seem dramatic here, but I don't appreciate being sold anything that is INCOMPLETE without being informed ahead of time. if nothing else, please consider adding a warning on the purchase info for ac4 that some items that count toward the full completion of the game are no longer available. I would probably still have purchased the game and wouldn't have felt like ubisoft had to hoodwink me in to purchasing their game. fix this or give gamers a warning before they hand over their hard earned money.

AlphawolfKiba01
01-11-2015, 09:28 PM
as a seasoned completionist, I am frightened by ubisoft's actions here. hopefully this isn't the start of a new trend where if you don't buy a game right away, content that counts towards your completion can be locked away from you forever. I applaud my peers here for their calm approach to this issue, but quite frankly I'm pretty pissed. from my pov, the issue seems a simple one to resolve. either keep these items from affecting my completion, loop the events for a minimum of one year or don't include them at all. sounds like even a lot of the players that participated in these events were robbed of their prizes as well. what a POOR excuse I've heard too; "it's takes too many resources" to support our game longer than 10 months. honestly, that sounds pathetic coming from a big company like this. if you don't have the resources to do your job properly, then don't bother and don't include such an obviously silly feature. I will certainly be hard pressed to buy another game from ubisoft - which sucks - because I've really enjoyed assassins creed and far cry in the past. perhaps I seem dramatic here, but I don't appreciate being sold anything that is INCOMPLETE without being informed ahead of time. if nothing else, please consider adding a warning on the purchase info for ac4 that some items that count toward the full completion of the game are no longer available. I would probably still have purchased the game and wouldn't have felt like ubisoft had to hoodwink me in to purchasing their game. fix this or give gamers a warning before they hand over their hard earned money.

Im in the same boat i've played all the assassins creed games and all their DLC and crap and 100% it all please fix this mess

dei.machiavelli
01-17-2015, 09:11 PM
So ... I guess there's no hope for us left?

The boards are overflowing with complaints with unfinished/unpolished features in the new installment and they don't put any effort in re-using a working feature to make at least some dedicated players happy and stick with them ... maybe I'm just too naive to understand how big companies seem to work. Shame ...

Heck, if you're afraid of losing money, turn that stuff into a DLC (you seem to do like these) ... a simple Google search reveals hundreds of posts over all popular gaming boards where at least some people (including me) would even be willing to pay for not losing out on that rewards. (Don't get me wrong, I don't like paying for things ... but I hate even more to miss out on them ^^).

y1985
01-20-2015, 07:31 AM
The community reward was a brilliant idea but Ubi gonna detroy it anyway. Just make a simple schedule that cycle through each week for each item then it's done.
People will start to come back and play this game rather than just uninstall it right away.

I just don't care for these items any more but I would love to have a chance to go another community reward round.
I always get a full completion in AC series and this just annoyed me.

Adriaman
01-23-2015, 02:47 AM
I agree with the others here, please do (at least) one more round of community challenges!

It shouldn't be too difficult to make them again... and it would probably attract new players.

AlphawolfKiba01
01-24-2015, 07:44 PM
New people are responding to this forum multiple times a week and we don't even have a response. This problem needs to be fixed! For every person who posts about how they want those challenges back i promise there are 10 times more who this is affecting. Please fixe this Ubisoft.

JoSeAnToN10
01-26-2015, 10:12 AM
At least they should give us all the unlockables to the pepole who played black flag on past gen consoles, i ean its stupid release the game for the next gen and finish the server..... ubisoft are a bunch of a******oles

Adriaman
01-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Indeed, releasing the unlockables as a (paid) DLC would be the simpliest solution. Come on!
If you are reading this thread and also want the unlockables, please leave a message and, who knows, Ubisoft will do something...

phoenix-force411
01-31-2015, 02:48 AM
I find it ironic that they can release legendary gear after 2 weeks, but unlocking the community challenge items takes them more than 5 months.

Meneldhil
01-31-2015, 03:33 PM
That's Ubisoft for you.

Fatal-Feit
01-31-2015, 07:36 PM
I find it ironic that they can release legendary gear after 2 weeks, but unlocking the community challenge items takes them more than 5 months.

Because Unity is the latest and Black Flag is dead to them.

dei.machiavelli
02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Hey, don't be unfair - they supported the game for the incredible time span of full EIGHT months after release - okay, minus 2.5 months for patching, but still. That leaves you with almost HALF A YEAR of FULL-BLOWN functionality, yay! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, still hoping for some sort of solution here (bought the game in June before the glorious last round of CC, couldn't start playing it till September after it, so really annoyed). But by now, I doubt they care about this issue at all. We do not even get some sort of statement, which is annoying. Seems like their plan is to sit the complaints out till people simply move on and stop caring too.

Honestly, upsetting players with unripe mechanics seems to be part of Ubisoft's corporate strategy. Giving away Dead Kings for free was a nice distraction, but I think the issue with the Community Challenges shows pretty clear that we will have more "push out fast, cash up fast, move on fast" in the future (and delivering some way of unlocking the rewards here would certainly only have costed a fraction of what giving away the DLC for free has costed).

phoenix-force411
02-03-2015, 03:07 AM
I don't need the community challenge items as I got them during the first cycle of the CCs. But I hope they do release them in patch or free DLC form.

driow123
02-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Guys dont hate but ive choosen Templars......
#ShayForever

wvstolzing
02-03-2015, 07:11 PM
I have just one CC item missing in AC4; I thought they were so pointless, I keep putting them off; when I finally did get around to doing them, the program got cancelled.

Next time I won't even look at what 'unlockables' there are; I'll just assume that they're all broken and unavailable.

Farlander1991
02-03-2015, 08:16 PM
While I'm one of those people who thinks that ACIV CC are ultimately a failure since they leave content locked for people which pirates can easily have whenever they want...

I can say that sometimes it's the weirdest things that can be really complicated technically, due to the way things are set-up.

Unity is a lot more online-based, so gear unlocking, I presume (I can't say for certain as I'm not one of the devs) is handled server-side. ACIV has a different engine structure so stuff related to similar things could be more complicated to change. Let's not forget that while pirated versions do have all unlocks, they also don't have any online components active and who knows what they messed up there inside to make the changes and if the rest of online components would work with those changes. Also other things like how data is stored and how it would be required to change.

wvstolzing
02-03-2015, 08:39 PM
and who knows what they messed up there inside to make the changes

A bit off-topic, but that's the HUGE caveat with pirated software nowadays -- it comes with all manner of malware, spyware, and so forth.

barock34
02-05-2015, 01:31 AM
I'd like to put my name in here saying that I was two(or three) items away from never needing to do this stuff again, and then they stopped doing community challenges. That decision is just dripping with ********. Like someone said on another thread I read: "Ubi is not thinking long term".

Rafe Harwood
02-05-2015, 02:41 AM
While I'm one of those people who thinks that ACIV CC are ultimately a failure since they leave content locked for people which pirates can easily have whenever they want...

I can say that sometimes it's the weirdest things that can be really complicated technically, due to the way things are set-up.

Unity is a lot more online-based, so gear unlocking, I presume (I can't say for certain as I'm not one of the devs) is handled server-side. ACIV has a different engine structure so stuff related to similar things could be more complicated to change. Let's not forget that while pirated versions do have all unlocks, they also don't have any online components active and who knows what they messed up there inside to make the changes and if the rest of online components would work with those changes. Also other things like how data is stored and how it would be required to change.
And therein lies todays world problems... someone saying they couldn't make pirated versions run correctly.

Guess what... if I was the company behind things, I would make it so everyone else got things worked out and and screw the damn pirates who hopefully would have totaly buggered games/systems ;)

Fatal-Feit
02-05-2015, 04:23 AM
Guys, please don't speak about pirated games.

Farlander1991
02-05-2015, 08:34 AM
And therein lies todays world problems... someone saying they couldn't make pirated versions run correctly.

I don't know what you've read, but that wasn't what I said at all.

Jackdaw951
02-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Because Unity is the latest and Black Flag is dead to them.

They're still selling it, right? They haven't discontinued it. So it isn't dead to them. What seems to be dead to them is their fanbase.

I managed to get all these items on the final CC run, last gen. I have no hopes for my new-gen copy of the game (which came with the Unity Xbox bundle). I'd say it can't be that hard to fix this issue, but after the long and laughable Initiates debacle, I'm forced to conclude that it may be too difficult for whoever is running the online AC stuff. Those guys need some serious help.

dei.machiavelli
02-05-2015, 06:33 PM
No Unity bashing or anything like that intended, but if you look at the Steam statistics ("currently in game"), there are usually way more people playing Black Flag than Unity. (Steam users are of course only a limited part of the market as a whole, but it is still an interesting trend to see and shows that the game itself is not "dead" yet to the players).

Adriaman
02-06-2015, 01:37 PM
No Unity bashing or anything like that intended, but if you look at the Steam statistics ("currently in game"), there are usually way more people playing Black Flag than Unity. (Steam users are of course only a limited part of the market as a whole, but it is still an interesting trend to see and shows that the game itself is not "dead" yet to the players).

Indeed! I have just checked the stats: 405 for AC III, 432 for ACU and 927 for AC IV! :p

If that is not proof enough for Ubi that AC IV is not dead...

Xiltyn
02-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Well, this is annoying. I got the AC bundle XBox One around Christmas time, finally finished the single player story and started working on unlocking everything that I missed during my playthrough... just to find out that I missed any chance of unlocking the "community challenge" items. I've always done 100% completion on every other AC game, really hate the fact that this one will be the first to not be.

dei.machiavelli
02-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Could we at least get something like an official "no"?

tkarenko
02-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Keep the dream alive you guys. I'd love to have the explorer outfit one day...

detg4507
02-18-2015, 09:15 PM
I would just like to add my name to the list of people hoping to bring another round of Community Challenges back to Black Flag.

wvstolzing
02-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Or the items could simply be unlocked, the way they've been unlocking stuff in ACU.

The 'challenges' were anything but 'challenges', frankly. They were pointless chores -- things like 'go kill 3 monkeys, and tackle 2 guards'

Agodlessdeath
02-21-2015, 02:11 AM
It would seem to me that making the challenges put of the sync which carrys over to later games then ending them is some bs aimed at hurting later players.

JustPlainQuirky
02-21-2015, 02:44 AM
wait so there are stuff unable to be unlocked due to lack of community challenges?

Agodlessdeath
02-21-2015, 04:26 AM
wait so there are stuff unable to be unlocked due to lack of community challenges?

well yea, that's what i was just saying.

Explorer’s Outfit - El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Black & Red Sails – Persian Scimitars – El Impoluto’s Wheel

then there is also the stuff that is now gone thanks to the game not being supported by AC Initiates anymore

Adriaman
02-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Explorer’s Outfit - El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Black & Red Sails – Persian Scimitars – El Impoluto’s Wheel

then there is also the stuff that is now gone thanks to the game not being supported by AC Initiates anymore

I posted something related here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981770-AC-Initiates-Status-Read-the-first-post?p=10590476&viewfull=1#post10590476

JustPlainQuirky
02-22-2015, 06:43 PM
I hate when things become impossible to attain overtime. explorer outfit should at least be able to be accessed via DLC, even if paid.

Edugorn
02-23-2015, 05:13 PM
I bought the game 2 months ago so the only content i need from AC IV is:
the community challengues: Explorer’s Outfit - El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Black & Red Sails – Persian Scimitars – El Impoluto’s Wheel
the content in AC IV depending on Initiates: Split-blood sails - cosmetic addition for the Jackdaw. Black-skull sails - cosmetic addition for the Jackdaw. Maid of Amsterdam sea shanty - an exclusive sea shanty for the crew of the Jackdaw to sing. Connor outfit for the Huntsman. Multiplayer title: the Initiate.

I would like they swich on again both events....

dei.machiavelli
02-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Again: I don't even expect them to create any new additions, just keep running was ALREADY IS in-game. But this is frustrating - they talked about "enough demand" at the beginning of this thread. Now the game was sold for another half a year with another round of Christmas sales in between. There certainly is a large number of players who never even had the slightest chance of unlocking the Community Challenge content. Ubi could at least tell us if there is still a chance or if they decided to abandon it alltogether (and to be honest, I more and more get the feeling that this was the plan all along). The "zero communication" policy they seem to keep running is extremely annoying (I almost feel sorry for the community managers, who have to monitor boards like this, get the hate and obviously have to keep their mouths shut on so many issues thanks to some higher-up "strategists").

Landruner
02-26-2015, 10:10 PM
the community challengues: Explorer’s Outfit - El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Black & Red Sails – Persian Scimitars – El Impoluto’s Wheel
the content in AC IV depending on Initiates: Split-blood sails - cosmetic addition for the Jackdaw. Black-skull sails - cosmetic addition for the Jackdaw. Maid of Amsterdam sea shanty - an exclusive sea shanty for the crew of the Jackdaw to sing. Connor outfit for the Huntsman. Multiplayer title: the Initiate.

I got the game last year and did not get half on the content from the social events because of the stupid Ubisoft servers issues to provide perfect synchronization with those social events. I bought the game recently for PS4 and sure I would like to see an update for AC4BF,
This is My biggest problem that I have with Ubisoft and this is why I stopped to support them or still having any partnership with that company - no real post game follow up, too many inaccessible in game contents locked by some Machiavelli and inapplicable online features, no real and concrete customer care and respect for them, and no real game updates.

polartiger1983
02-27-2015, 05:22 PM
I cannot agree more to this.
In my opinion a player that has paid for the game should be able to unlock every item in the game (which is not part of an expansion or DLC) no matter what.

It's just a stab in the back when Ubisoft decides that a player cannot unlock items anymore, even if they have paid for the full game.
Another reason why I am still holding back to buy ACU and maybe also future Ubisoft games.

The_Bear-WPL
03-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Please, make one more challanges. That's not fair that there are no any, I did not brought your game to not be able to have all of it's content...

Slyveh
03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I need to unlock all the items of community, thanks.

Soulpenter
03-04-2015, 10:45 PM

I believe you missed the Dr. Pepper promotional Meat Cleaver swords and the Wilkinson figurehead as well.
These were not even available in EU. I would very much like to see all these items put in a DLC pack, but that would probably cost ubisoft and they have already moved on from BF unfortunately.

Rare96ws6
03-05-2015, 12:51 PM
I am sure there are a lot of players such as myself that just opt this game for Christmas and thus have
never even had a chance to join in a community challenge. Please bring these back Ubisoft. I sure would like
to be able to get the most out of my game.

thanks,

S

AlphawolfKiba01
03-10-2015, 03:45 AM
Why is this so hard Ubisoft just fix this problem that you caused. We aren't asking you to make a public apology just give us the content.

dei.machiavelli
03-12-2015, 04:03 PM
I hoped that they use some spare capacities after Rogue for PC is out, but the lack of communication does not really boost the remaining rest of my optimism. Pity :/

JustPlainQuirky
03-12-2015, 04:15 PM
i just wanna be able to fight white whales and unlock all the outfits

soundableduck8
03-19-2015, 07:00 PM
I don't know, make it so that either they automatically go up, so that ubisoft themselves don't have to go and put them up every time, or make the community challenge/initiate rewards available in game through some other method. It's just a pain in rear for people that get the game late, or like to play the game through multiple times. They need to stop focusing completely on new games, and make changes to this sort of content before they move on, so that future players can get it, etc.

The_Kiwi_
03-19-2015, 11:24 PM
I believe you missed the Dr. Pepper promotional Meat Cleaver swords and the Wilkinson figurehead as well.
These were not even available in EU. I would very much like to see all these items put in a DLC pack, but that would probably cost ubisoft and they have already moved on from BF unfortunately.

The meat cleavers were available in the EU when you bought the game digitally on the PlayStation Store
They might still be available, but you'd have to buy the game again to get them (assuming you play PS)

geldnix
04-12-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't know if I should post, seeing as this thread has been silent for a month,
but I really need these community challenges. I have been no lifing for too long to get every chest
and all the other stuff at 100% so I could be able to activate that skeleton crew cheat... only to find out now that
I can't because I have to unlock that captains wheellock pistol... slight frustration ensues.

If anyone of you knows any way to get this without having to do community challenges,
I'll be happy to hear it ! :)

But, jesus guys, support your games for just a little while longer than the bare minimum requires and i might be able to
see past your anual reskins and crappy online servers.

Like the others suggested, just program the community challenges to work like the community events,
though I guess it's too late to ask for that now :/ Shame, cause I do love the game.

SHERLOCKEDH
04-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Unlocked everything but the community challenge stuff. Wondered if this would ever be possible.

Shane357
05-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Just unlock the community challenge items for everyone, Ubisoft. That or make them available as u-play rewards. This is ridiculous.

skywalker550
06-03-2015, 01:51 PM
I‘ve got all the unlocks on ps3 version and recently wanted to play again on PS4, and noticed that there are no way to get those items now. Ubi unlocked all the app items for unity, i think they should do the same for ac4, it's a good game and i hope they don't scare new players away.

Mr_Shade
06-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi There,

Unfortunately due to the way the challenges work - it's not possible to unlock them all in one go.

We also don't have any news if there are plans to run the challenges again, sorry!

skywalker550
06-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi There,

Unfortunately due to the way the challenges work - it's not possible to unlock them all in one go.

We also don't have any news if there are plans to run the challenges again, sorry!

I sincerely hope that UBI can unlock these community challenge items through an update or DLC perhaps, just like the latest Unity patch and the free dlc for stuffs unlocked by figurines and such. Especially, Asian players can't get one of the shanties given by acinitiates and also not able to use the codes with mcfarlane figures since day 1. I think it means alot if UBI can unlock these contents (community challenges, figures unlock, acinitiates unlock) for the players that wish to achieve a perfect savedata.

ArkamontA
06-28-2015, 11:01 AM
I originally bought the LTD Edition black flag bundle on preorder from gamestop for XBOX 360. It came with the black island pack. When I finally upgraded to an XBOX ONE a couple months ago, I understood and accepted that my content would need to be purchased again. But I wasn't aware that some core content would become impossible to obtain. Please open the challenges back up!

DMCxy01
07-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Hi There,

Hey, hey, hey!

You dont have to say sorry,ONLY do a ****ty, little community challenges!

And that's all! Everybody is happy!

Pls dont say us that the GREAT UBISOFT cant do this tiny thing for the players,ok?!

Because it's sounds like: HEY! If u didnt buy the game when it came out, well.....that's suck!

ArkamontA
07-08-2015, 10:28 PM
I'm hoping that with Black Flag being free this month with XBOX Live Gold, perhaps there will be enough push to make this a reality. What say you Ubisoft?? It appears that this thread is still active 10 months later.. To me that says there is still a demand!!!

Locopells
07-17-2015, 03:05 PM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/622043132817846273

WegaZAC
07-17-2015, 06:52 PM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/622043132817846273 When does it start?

Locopells
07-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Unclear precisely in which time zone, but I assume tomorrow.

The_Kiwi_
07-17-2015, 11:44 PM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/622043132817846273

auditorevita is in the comment sections, he's everywhere

Xstantin
07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
auditorevita is in the comment sections, he's everywhere

lmao he's persistent. I'd get tired copypasting the same thing

dei.machiavelli
07-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Maaaan - was so excited to see this, but it doesn't seem to work properly (or it's exclusive for some systems -.-). Don't tell me the "weekend" is over already?

Anybody got the challenge working on PC? Really losing it here ...

EDIT: Well, some research reveals, that the challenge seems to be XBOX exclusive (as PC and PS4 gamers both state that it doesn't work for them). Don't know wheter I should laugh or cry - first I was really happy that the challenges are alive, then this. And Ubi wonders about their horrible reputation with PC gamers. So frustrated ... as if they want to drive people away from their products.

TheReferee73
08-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Will not be purchasing anymore ubisoft games after AC black Flag as I feel cheated as I cannot complete 100℅ due the absence of the community events shame on you ubisoft feel let down I thought u were a reputable company

DragonIrons
08-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Will not be purchasing anymore ubisoft games after AC black Flag as I feel cheated as I cannot complete 100℅ due the absence of the community events shame on you ubisoft feel let down I thought u were a reputable company

I found this extremely annoying as well but I won't go so far as to boycott an awesome series because of something stupid as that.....

@Mr_Shade you all at Ubisoft should take note. DONT" PUT CRAP IN A GAME THAT DEPENDS ON YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY BEING "THERE"!! Make the game automatically generate challenges on it's own or don't put it in. Really ticked me off when I finally started Black Flag and found I couldn't get something cause I couldn't complete some challenge that wasnt' happening anymore.....

phoenix-force411
08-15-2015, 08:42 AM
I had to go back to ACIV on PS3 just to make sure my prizes were still there from 1 and half ago. :)

EYGHON8
08-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Got this free as Games with Gold, but I know some people got it free with their new consoles. What I don't understand is having items unlock via a community challenge but the Ubi team not supporting it. I have gone back and looked at previous threads and it looks like they supported this for like 4 months then just left the community altogether. Maybe this should be something they no longer put in their games. At the very least a patch or something to unlock it when you are giving the game away a year or so after it's release. Just wanted to add my voice and disappointment to the thread.

TreadLife
10-07-2015, 06:26 PM
I have owned AC4 for a while, but only recently got a pc that could play it well enough to be played. Really disappointed at having so many items locked away, and no opportunity or work around to get a chance at them or the challenges.
I never got to finish that facebook game they put out, Initiates was gutted, and there's more almost clever ideas they gave up on that I'm not thinking of now.
Why bother making these ideas if you have no interest or ability to support it ?

ScoutPilgrim42
11-01-2015, 06:06 AM
I also would like a way to reach 100%. It seems odd that the challenges were discontinued before the release of the Americas Collection. It's a little disapointing that 100% completion was not possible upon the Americas Collection's release. Or even support for a whole year/ a way to complete the game would have been nice; it doesn't make sense to include these features if their not going to be supported. It's a minor detail, but would be nice to be able to complete the game.

alicia8985
12-29-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm like so many of you, Im a huge fan of AC and one of those 100% completionist. I recently acquired AC IV along with the official guide book. And I too was uninformed of this major glitch (which was not mentioned in the book) and until I myself experienced this did not know of the august lock out. I even had one of the challenges telling me I still had time remaining and yet when I went to the appointed location found only an icon and no ship to blast away. When I signed in to UniSoft's live chat I learned that I had basically lost out on features I paid for due to the developers unsatisfying appitite to crank out games in order to feed their greed rather than appeal to their consumers loyalties. I've never experienced displeasure in this companies products until now and I'm apprehensive about my continued investments in products that won't full equal to said investment. Why spend so much time and money into developing games that are wonderfully executed both in visual aesthetics and in conceptual stories just to discard them in far less time than it took to create. I know gamers who can still play modern warfare and black ops like it cane out yeaterday!!! And yet I can't acquire in game treasure that is required to complete the game at 100% or gain PS network trophies that are integral to my status on a forum they created. This is beyond insulting. They want are money, they want our business, and I'm sure they want to continue making games. What happened to customer appreciation? Why even bother creating such a feature in the first place? They didn't even offer an alternate way of acquiring these objects after they decided to abandon it! So many other fans are going to be subjected to this disappointment and lose hard earn money investing in something they will never get. The gaming stores don't even possess the information to I form players nor would they give it cause they don't want to lose the sale. Meanwhile UniSoft is still making money off these now half *** games!!!

tones1208
01-13-2016, 09:19 AM
I was upset enough to write up a huge rant and complain about the lack of support from UberShaft, but quite frankly its nothing more than I've come to expect from companies today, they all want more money, but won't support their "concepts".

I was hoping to complete IV, but I'm assuming they don't care enough about their users to sort something out for the challenges.

Just wait, they'll implement micro-transactions somewhere in order to gouge more money in order to fix what they break.

:mad:

DOOMSHROOMS
01-24-2016, 04:42 AM
I just want my voice heard and add to the tally of others who want 100%/Community Challenges. Kinda sad to comeback after so long after hospitalization and not able to complete the game to 100%. Even more upset that I lost all saved data somehow and had to use more uplay points to repurchase some of the uplay items/rewards :confused:

P.S. I would pay for the damned items if I had the option or even an option to do the challenges myself for it.

P.P.S. AC IV Black Flag is still my favorite... Pirate game.

Bain18
04-19-2016, 03:01 PM
yo ubisoft come on personally idc if there are community challenges or not HOWEVER I want to get the last couple of unlockable weapons been playing ac4 for a great long while unlocked everything and done everything so far as Edward still playing freedom cry and playing multi player do complete the game if u r not gonna bring back community events come up with a new way to unlock the last couple of unlockable un-purchasable weapons thx

Bain18
04-19-2016, 03:10 PM
I just want my voice heard and add to the tally of others who want 100%/Community Challenges. Kinda sad to comeback after so long after hospitalization and not able to complete the game to 100%. Even more upset that I lost all saved data somehow and had to use more uplay points to repurchase some of the uplay items/rewards :confused:

P.S. I would pay for the damned items if I had the option or even an option to do the challenges myself for it.

P.P.S. AC IV Black Flag is still my favorite... Pirate game.

you said 100% synch or game to 100% I am at 100% but it is not required by community events just the progress tracker u need 100%main mission constraints all the side missions and buried treasures and I think the last is the collectables and when I say that basically like all the items u could but and craft and upgrade your ship to the elite like with the plans and stuff the buried treasures are when u find maps that don't contain the plan details the side activities is when u sink the legendary ships so on and so fourth HOWEVER unlocking some of the last weapons and last figureheads and crap are for right now community events are required for that one I just got the scottich broafside swords are by finding a white whale, royal convoy, and a social treasure chest also by doing that u complete an abstergo challenge list simulation other than that it ur good

Isaeltoribio
04-22-2016, 04:04 AM
I made a forum topic on this, I hope they consider making them loop or putting these on the mutiplayer maybe allowing us to purchase them with the currency you get after a match on black flag, I really want that officer outfit.

lanziqi116
05-16-2016, 04:16 AM
this is funny. purchased the game and only to find it's not a complete product this is like a robbery.

You have to maintain the game state and keep it running that's your duty Ubisoft

Eddol41
08-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Here it is August 2016 and still no Community Challenge. Any information would be appreciated. I played Red Dead Redemption multiplayer until they made it impossible to play and I will not buy another Rock Star game because they refuse to fix it. People buying a multiplayer game should be able to play it as long as long as they sell it. I really liked Ubisoft until it became impossible to play it in full. Very frustrating to say the least. Come on Ubisoft... Have some consumer respect and provide the means to play ALL of the game.

dparra85
09-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Hello. I am completing the games in order with full synchronization and not getting the full items is driving me insane. I am missing the explorer outfit, persian sword, pistols, etc. Is there a moderator who can help reopening the challenges or releasing the items as DLC?